New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Novica said:

Robert Freise said:

I got the bundle for $28.79 

So how is that season pass working? I've lost track how many new figures we've had released. Was this one of the ones you got a day early? I need to refresh my memory on how the pass worked, since I didn't get it, I just moved on and forgot about it.  

3 core figures released so far from the 5 of the SP. And yes, SP hlders got them the day before they were released in the store.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

memcneil70 said:

I got the bundle to $17.74 with that coupon code and Season Pass discounts that were also buried.

I totally missed the Gift Card flash sale yesterday and have been hoping for one. Bummer. What time of the day was it on?

I used everything I could find and couldn't it any lower than $28.79

Makes me wonder why 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2021

memcneil70 said:

I got the bundle to $17.74 with that coupon code and Season Pass discounts that were also buried.

I totally missed the Gift Card flash sale yesterday and have been hoping for one. Bummer. What time of the day was it on?

I checked my banners and had an orange one for it, without having to buy products- it was based on amounts. Can't remember the bottom tier, but middle was over 100 was 20 percent, over 300 was 25 percent. I bought it at 9pm. I know when I went to check out the store, they had the flash sale (buying items to get the discount) still going at that time too. I don't know when it started.

Post edited by Novica on

Just in case you didn't see it, four hour Cinco de Maya flash sale. Nothing I want, and very little left, but thought I'd mention it.

You know you aren't shopping much anymore when you were last on the 35th page of the sales thread, and there's 55 pages. So I haven't even bothered to look at the last 20 pages. 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Would someone be able to tell me the correct way to save a character's surface materials?  I purchased Tank the Cartoon Tortoise and unfortunately, only the eye highlights are Iray Uber.  The rest of the materials are PBR.  Just like Toon Axoltl, applying the Iray Uber shader leaves the character really flat.  The character can look better by taking screenshots of each pbr surface and then tweaking the Iray Uber to match as close as possible.  It's time consuming and if I do it,  I don't want to have to do either character again.  Thanks for your help!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

File>Save As>Materials preset, or File>Save As>Character Preset - the latter can be sued to load the figure, the former requires the figure be loaded and selected.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Thank you, Richard.

FYI  if you didn't pick up Sukai 8 when the bundle was released, she's in Fast Grab. Here's her thread.   I also picked up the dual ponytail hair to use for characters I turn into dolls. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Robert Freise said:

memcneil70 said:

Makes me wonder why 

Robert, I have two messages that kicked in. The Season Pass on that gave me 35% off the bundle and 25% off the add-on. I also saw the overall price go down as I added the add-ons to the cart. The second message was a 'Grateful...' one that has a code, gives me 20% off three times until 10 May. It does not say it doesn't work on gift cards, but it doesn't. It did work on the rest of the cart, which had PC+ items in it. So I went back to the previous day's offerings and picked up the Kieran Blackwood Bundle and The Blue City Kit Presets and got them  at 44% off.

Mary

Novica said:

memcneil70 said:

I checked my banners and had an orange one for it, without having to buy products- it was based on amounts. Can't remember the bottom tier, but middle was over 100 was 20 percent, over 300 was 25 percent. I bought it at 9pm. I know when I went to check out the store, they had the flash sale (buying items to get the discount) still going at that time too. I don't know when it started.

Thanks Novica. I feel better now. I was dead asleep then. This eye infection I have has me beat up one side and another. I can only see the forums by upping the size of Chrome by +3 or +4 times. It is exhausting. And now my glass prescriptions are totally off whacked. My purchases in the store have dropped radically since I need to use my credit card, which makes me rethink each purchase. 

I had thought I had all my Daz Connect installed items cleaned out, but I accidentally clicked open Poser files and found another stash of them! So I cleaned up Dragon yesterday, but I am working on the thumbnails and metadata for those that ended up in Lost and Found now. I also have four total products that are in Daz Connect, but no files show in Product Library. I am working with Emma in Customer Service to try and figure out how to clean them out. I then have to work on Drake's Poser Daz Connect. 

The few renders I have attempted have been incredibly difficult. I really wish there was a way to increase the font on controls in Daz Studio and in DIM. I am just lucky I have a monitor that has a ratio that makes it somewhat larger.

memcneil70 said:

Robert Freise said:

memcneil70 said:

Makes me wonder why 

Robert, I have two messages that kicked in. The Season Pass on that gave me 35% off the bundle and 25% off the add-on. I also saw the overall price go down as I added the add-ons to the cart. The second message was a 'Grateful...' one that has a code, gives me 20% off three times until 10 May. It does not say it doesn't work on gift cards, but it doesn't. It did work on the rest of the cart, which had PC+ items in it. So I went back to the previous day's offerings and picked up the Kieran Blackwood Bundle and The Blue City Kit Presets and got them  at 44% off.

Mary

Ahh I see I didn't get the addon textures

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,695

I think I’m the only one who didn’t get an orange banner for gift cards for PC+ members. I hardly ever get orange banners anymore. And so I don’t buy as much as I used to. And there’s some major issue with about 30% of products I purchase, and they take forever to fix it or just never fix it, Zilpha STILL loads with every G8F! I tried an older Zediccus pose set the other day and a pose made one eye go up to the right and the other down to the left and there was no way to get them back on track so had to pose each eye individually. Also have had multiple problems with 3DU and Dreamlight products. Even with one Zevo product (basically taking 3 minutes to move a limb in a pose utility product!) DS is sooo slow, keeps crashing and takes 20 minutes to load a G8F and I’m getting SO FED UP! And I know I’m not the only one. There have been a lot of protests in the last four years, but is a digital protest a thing? 

Wonderland said:

I think I’m the only one who didn’t get an orange banner for gift cards for PC+ members. I hardly ever get orange banners anymore. And so I don’t buy as much as I used to. And there’s some major issue with about 30% of products I purchase, and they take forever to fix it or just never fix it, Zilpha STILL loads with every G8F! I tried an older Zediccus pose set the other day and a pose made one eye go up to the right and the other down to the left and there was no way to get them back on track so had to pose each eye individually. Also have had multiple problems with 3DU and Dreamlight products. Even with one Zevo product (basically taking 3 minutes to move a limb in a pose utility product!) DS is sooo slow, keeps crashing and takes 20 minutes to load a G8F and I’m getting SO FED UP! And I know I’m not the only one. There have been a lot of protests in the last four years, but is a digital protest a thing? 

Nope I didn't get that one either though I did get others 

edited May 2021

Robert Freise said:

Wonderland said:

Nope I didn't get that one either though I did get others 

I am PC+ also, didn't get the banner, or it came and went while I slept. I guess it is fair for those who live in Hawaii, Asia and the Middle East, it is still a reasonable time for them. Not sure if Europe and Africa is up before it was over.  

@Wonderland, I have removed one character just because she is causing a duplicate error on so many others. After my purge of my G8F characters I did notice an improvement, but not much. The one thing I have found is the Beta, 4.15.0.14 seems to be more responsive that the release version. But I have had that lag issue, and have taken to closing the eyes on eyebrows, eyelashes, hair, jewerly... anything that may cause more computations behind the scenes. That seems to make things move a bit smoother. I don't get on the Technical forum very often, maybe there is something over there that is being discussed and fixes being worked on?

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
    edited May 2021

I did finally figure out how to see Daz Studio larger. Display in Windows allowed me to increase the size of text from 100% to 125% or larger. Just had to close and restart DS for it to take effect. It helped me with File Manager windows that I had open to create thumbnails for the old files. I can't find an equivelant setting on the iMac, but that doesn't really matter, the programs I use on it have internal adjustments. 

Post edited by memcneil70 on

Wonderland said:

I think I’m the only one who didn’t get an orange banner for gift cards for PC+ members. I hardly ever get orange banners anymore. And so I don’t buy as much as I used to. And there’s some major issue with about 30% of products I purchase, and they take forever to fix it or just never fix it, Zilpha STILL loads with every G8F! 

If you do  that fix we mentioned, it stops the Zilpha from loading. I had done a render earlier this week and you got me thinking "Uh oh" as I didn't check, so I just looked at it and Zilpha is not there. I can't remember exactly what the fix was, but it's in this thread a few pages back (and there's a thread on it.) It really only takes a minute or two, and I'm SO not technical but all I had to do was change a line of code IIRC. Granted, we shouldn't have to do that, but it is the fix. 

I totally get where you're coming from, the quality is just bonkers at times now. 
    I just got another orange banner about having gift cards waiting for me- I already got that one and there's no new emails with additional gift card codes.

edited May 2021

The knight must be a new recruit he's holding his shield upside down The Western Knight Series 01 for Genesis 8 Males https://www.daz3d.com/the-western-knight-series-01-for-genesis-8-males

Actually after looking again it's due to the strap arrangement. I've never seen straps done that way on any shield

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Novica said:

FYI  if you didn't pick up Sukai 8 when the bundle was released, she's in Fast Grab. Here's her thread.   I also picked up the dual ponytail hair to use for characters I turn into dolls. 

I'd never noticed that hair but am grabbing it now. Thanks for the tip. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I got one of those "We Found Your Gift Card" banners but no email with my Gift Card Code. I just spent 13 hours doing yard work today and am sunburnt to boot and had to get my finger glued together and a lockjaw shot so all in all, a good - bad day. I did get my 2nd Moderna covid-19 shot yesterday. Counting the 2 weekly allergy shots on Tuesday that's 4 shots in 3 days. I feel like a pin cushion and now am sunburnt tomato red and looking like a pin cushion. I just need to put on a green baseball cap. 

nonesuch00 said:

I got one of those "We Found Your Gift Card" banners but no email with my Gift Card Code. I just spent 13 hours doing yard work today and am sunburnt to boot and had to get my finger glued together and a lockjaw shot so all in all, a good - bad day. I did get my 2nd Moderna covid-19 shot yesterday. Counting the 2 weekly allergy shots on Tuesday that's 4 shots in 3 days. I feel like a pin cushion and now am sunburnt tomato red and looking like a pin cushion. I just need to put on a green baseball cap. 

Oh my goodness I hope your finger is okay :(   Just baby yourself. You and Mary (with her eye problem) should just kick back and let someone pamper you!   Hope you are doing okay with the Moderna shot, you seem to have more energy than a lot of folks who got the second one. Glad you are managing- just stay out of the sun!

Worlds_Edge said:

Novica said:

I'd never noticed that hair but am grabbing it now. Thanks for the tip. 

I think it will require some postwork for the strands right at the top coming out of the hairband. I'll have to render it tomorrow and see. Otherwise, it looks kinda fun for kids and dolls. :)  

My eyes seem to be getting better. I am at 100% on Chrome right now and can see with only a bit of fuzzing. Saw the sale on Gift Cards, only $65.00 off over $300+ with a new item. Well found a new hair by RedzStudio, Wayward Curls which is really nice looking. So while not a great deal on the card, I still can bank some credit in the store. 

@nonesuch00 please take care of yourself! Congratulations on your second shot. Now you are all 'shotted up'!  As a volunteer at the Ball Arena called to us, after my flatmate's first shot, "Have a Blessed Day."

After my flatmate gets his second shot, then passes the two week mark, we are going to visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see the Stonehenge exhibition. And today we heard that Denver is extending the outside dining, so we are going to try that. A total treat day for us coming in June.

Take care of that finger and the sunburn

I get my second shot today in just about an hour from now

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Glad to hear you are are finishing your shots & your eyes are better. My Moderna covid-19 shot gave me a headache yesterday, or maybe it was one of the other 3 shots I've had this week but certainly no bad lasting side effects so good luck to you.

Happy Mother's Day to all! I'll not be around Sunday so an early wish will do too.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

will require some postwork for the strands right at the top coming out of the hairband. I'll have to render it tomorrow and see. Otherwise, it looks kinda fun for kids and dolls. :)  

Apparently I let is sit in my cart too long, the price jumped up.  I'll get it another time, but would love to see your render. I wanted to try to fit it to Bugga.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039

After many hours with the Strand Based Hair Noggins Hare and Rabbit it still looks like a Hare even with the Rabbit Morph :)

2021-05-09 13:59:10.992 Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 48.84 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Sand Bunnies

2021-05-09 16:03:20.560 Total Rendering Time: 1 hours 9 minutes 48.13 seconds

CPU

Click on image for full size.

For some reason that made me think of the old movie Night of the Lepus and Monty Pythons attack of the killer rabbit

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Maybe I'm becoming an old sourpuss, but I'd have liked https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cb-rye-croft-clothing-set-for-genesis-8-and-81-females a lot more with more rounded neckline that doesn't run down to the belly button.

edited May 2021

Nath said:

Maybe I'm becoming an old sourpuss, but I'd have liked https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cb-rye-croft-clothing-set-for-genesis-8-and-81-females a lot more with more rounded neckline that doesn't run down to the belly button.

Yep, that's referred to as a "Neckline where the waistline is."  

What struck me was the PC+ release  Business Afternoon Outfit with the short hemline. 

Post edited by Novica on

Novica said:

Nath said:

Yep, that's referred to as a "Neckline where the waistline is."  

What struck me was the PC+ release  Business Afternoon Outfit with the short hemline. 

Just didn't say what type of business