Having fun with previous purchases.

Seymour didn't run fast enough 

Nicely done

And all he was trying to do was water it. laugh

Should have fed it firstdevil 

Yup! 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2021

@certaintree38  I have those but had forgot about The Otherworldly. That one is really cool!  I know what you mean about morphs vs skin- it has to become a habit to look at a character and remember you don't have to use the skin for the character and just to see the morphs. 

Something funky- when I clicked on PC+ item section, there was a product at the very beginning. I put it in my cart and did NOT check out. Did some other shopping, went back to that section, and the item isn't on the first two pages! (Didn't look at any other pages.)  Weird that it moved completely off the first two pages (and I triple checked.)  I hadn't noticed that one before and it looks quite detailed, so thought I'd point it out. It's 77% off and a great price for the materials.

Edit- the Rescue Hovercraft wasn't listed as a required product, needs fixing.

I can't get to the ReadMe, all of those are now timing out with Gateway timeout errors. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,267

If you don't have the hovercraft it's $5.99 right now

https://www.daz3d.com/rescue-hovercraft

@robertfriese  Thanks for the link. I do already have it, and that's about 70% off (where do they get 69% ?) so it's a good time to get the vehicle and textures. The textures have a good variety. 

@barbult  Fun render! That creature is awesome.

edited May 2021

TIP:  Want to create an African savannah?

Highlands for the grass and ground surface. (You can also make it more gold using Surfaces) Compare with this photo.   Then look at row 2, last thumbnail of Hightlands promos for the grass.

Just take out the mountains and add some African trees.

Desert Depression is very close to the trees 

Then you can do a bit of postwork to take out any remaining rocks which are in the ground plane. 

There are several  pretty yellow gold/rust backgrounds in the free background thread. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Just got another bunch of PCFAD items. 

I was really on the fence about Mee, but she's quite lovely.  Her skin is more detailed than I expected, given the promos. I also got the Princess Dress. I was unsure about this one as well, but it's pretty cute. Unfortunately, there are lots of little spots where flaws in the mesh show after dforcing. But I think with the right shaders (solids) and some postwork, the flaws can be hidden well enough. Maybe changing some of the dforce settings would help? For $2, I'm ok with it. 

Mee test render.png
    1000 x 1618 - 1M
    Mee test render 2.png
    1000 x 1618 - 3M

Here are some close-ups of Mee. Her no-makeup look (Make-up 006) has a lot of little freckles and spots. Her other makeups make her skin look more flawless. The second image shows Make-up 001. 

Mee no mu.png
    1000 x 1618 - 3M
    Mee mu 01.png
    1000 x 1618 - 3M

certaintree38 said:

Here are some close-ups of Mee. Her no-makeup look (Make-up 006) has a lot of little freckles and spots. Her other makeups make her skin look more flawless. The second image shows Make-up 001. 

She does have a cute smattering of freckles :)  Nicely rendering. 

@Novica Thanks!

edited May 2021

Ahem, Police Officer.

"Respect my authority!"  says the male, with his hand on his female co-workers thigh.  Someone should bend Daz's ear because I'm sure they're probably not aware this one is still in the store. Not to mention the woman being petted has a whatever you want to call it, but not happy look on her face.

Okay, so I was looking for a whistle, like a police person has, anyone know of a set which has that prop? 

Post edited by Novica on

Fred is different. But 7 items for over $50 and two of those are poses? So really, five things for $50 (I can do my own poses) means $10 each. Nope, even though one is a set there are other sets I already have. It's good to see a female released the same time who is a larger sized model. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Novica said:

Fred is different. But 7 items for over $50 and two of those are poses? So really, five things for $50 (I can do my own poses) means $10 each. Nope, even though one is a set there are other sets I already have. It's good to see a female released the same time who is a larger sized model. 

I think three of them are pose sets -- CDI Comedian, Talk Show Poses, Daily Talk Poses. 

I actually kind of like Fred and the hair. The suit, though ... No seams on the pants -- modeled or texture. No seams on the jacket other than the set-in sleeves. It's kind of ridiculous.

edited May 2021

Well, I've had my eyes opened as to how much I bought on sale to get bits and pieces.  I think I bought this indecently opened police woman's uniform for the belt or because it's a good deal. On the other hand, Toyen's is good.   Still looking for a whistle though. You folks who have your props organized, any luck finding one?

Post edited by Novica on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

@Novica, I don't own this, but I had a page open and typed in 'Whistle' and found this for police. It is full price right now, but maybe it can go on sale during the summer?

Mary

edited May 2021

memcneil70 said:

@Novica, I don't own this, but I had a page open and typed in 'Whistle' and found this for police. It is full price right now, but maybe it can go on sale during the summer?

Mary

This is ridiculous- when I typed in Police in search a couple hours ago that did NOT come up. Getting so tired of this!!  Anyway, I've decided to use a radio instead. It's for the book and I am doing it right now, so no waiting. :) 

One thing to comment on, the Linda Ponytail Hair does well under hats, as you can hide the bangs completely in scene, or sweep them back. It makes a nice work hair for the occupations where hair is styled back and out of the face. The cap for Toyen's police uniform is easily scaled X, Y, or Z and depending on the camera angle, it only has to fit right in the view you use. Polish's police truck is awesome, the lights glow red right out of the box (and blue.)  I am not using the police car but that should be awesome as well. 

Again, scaling issues are noticeable. I brought in a set, and it looked like King Kong's truck. It was the set which was small, because the gal looked too big also. It's easy to scale up, but always rather...interesting when sets are loaded as to whether they are going to be scaled to the folks.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I like the whistle that came with the lifeguard clothing set https://www.daz3d.com/lifeguard-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s ;

There is a female version as well.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Novica said:

Ahem, Police Officer.

"Respect my authority!"  says the male, with his hand on his female co-workers thigh.  Someone should bend Daz's ear because I'm sure they're probably not aware this one is still in the store. Not to mention the woman being petted has a whatever you want to call it, but not happy look on her face.

Okay, so I was looking for a whistle, like a police person has, anyone know of a set which has that prop? 

We complained about this when the product came out. Nothing was changed. Perhaps bringing the subject up in a help request again now would garner a different response.

Serene Night said:

I like the whistle that came with the lifeguard clothing set https://www.daz3d.com/lifeguard-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s ;

There is a female version as well. 

The forum broke your link. The correct link is https://www.daz3d.com/lifeguard-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s 

edited May 2021
    G8F Mix Goldie Locks Textures PS.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 1M
    G8F Mix Rivera Swim black Wild Ferns crop.jpg
    2000 x 2144 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

@Barbult I don't know about others but the forum broke your images.

Daventaki said:

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to upload them and attach them again. Did it work this time? 

edited May 2021

barbult said:

Daventaki said:

Thanks for the heads up. I tried to upload them and attach them again. Did it work this time? 

They are, and they look great!  Good finds!  I was asleep so I missed the sale, no worries though theres always another sale.....

I agree with vwrangler on the seams, seems like since dforce became so popular the clothing has lost detail.  Yes it was annoying in the V4 days to have built in folds and creases but at least there was details and most the time the creator also had seams!  The new dforce Hollywood Outfit texture expansion does look like it includes at least one texture that has seams added.  The new Casual Flannel outfit by Arki, yeah.... Make sure you check out the clay render before your buy.  (And I love Arki's dresses!)

Post edited by Daventaki on
    edited May 2021

Daventaki said:

barbult said:

Daventaki said:

They are, and they look great!  Good finds!  I was asleep so I missed the sale, no worries though theres always another sale.....

I agree with vwrangler on the seams, seems like since dforce became so popular the clothing has lost detail.  Yes it was annoying in the V4 days to have built in folds and creases but at least there was details and most the time the creator also had seams!  The new dforce Hollywood Outfit texture expansion does look like it includes at least one texture that has seams added.  The new Casual Flannel outfit by Arki, yeah.... Make sure you check out the clay render before your buy.  (And I love Arki's dresses!)

That Casual Flannel is menswear with a Peter Pan collar. Who thinks that looks good? And, yes, the clay render shows off other mesh problems.  

Post edited by barbult on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited May 2021

The dForce Hollywood outfit in Fred's new bundle looks ... not terrible? Maybe even good? Has seams and a zipper placquet and pockets (on the jacket, at least -- odd that we don't see the pocket regions of the pants on any render) and everything! Granted, it's a continuation of the retro kick they've been on lately, but it's a retro version that actually works for today.

I actually kind of like today's bundle, even though it's a bit less coherent than yesterday's, which -- apart from Fred and the hair - I didn't particularly like at all. (I'm a sucker for architecture, as long as it's not repeats of older stuff) I don't like the hair -- Propschick consistently does female hairlines for everything -- but the rest of it looks nice. I'll have to think about this one.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited May 2021

@serenenight  Thanks so much for the whistle lifeguard tip. Wouldn't have thought of that!  I rendered it with a police woman talking into a radio instead. EDIT- correction, Toyen's comes with a fully loaded belt. This is the Fugazi belt attachments on Toyens belt. (This is with toon effects, but you get the idea.) The FG police woman top is deeply unbuttoned and I'd never use it so I must've picked it up dirt cheap to use in a side shot or back view. The belt attachments work though!

belt.jpg
    377 x 195 - 80K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2021

barbult said:

That Casual Flannel is menswear with a Peter Pan collar. Who thinks that looks good? And, yes, the clay render shows off other mesh problems.  

I actually laughed when I saw that collar. Someone's vision sure didn't line up with mine for a good looking shirt. That one just struck me as really funky looking.

Post edited by Novica on

vwrangler said:

The dForce Hollywood outfit in Fred's new bundle looks ... not terrible? Maybe even good? Has seams and a zipper placquet and pockets (on the jacket, at least -- odd that we don't see the pocket regions of the pants on any render) and everything! Granted, it's a continuation of the retro kick they've been on lately, but it's a retro version that actually works for today.

I actually kind of like today's bundle, even though it's a bit less coherent than yesterday's, which -- apart from Fred and the hair - I didn't particularly like at all. (I'm a sucker for architecture, as long as it's not repeats of older stuff) I don't like the hair -- Propschick consistently does female hairlines for everything -- but the rest of it looks nice. I'll have to think about this one.

Ah didn't see the seams at first, although for me it is not the type of seam that I would expect on that kind of pant but maybe im just getting out of style.  The drap also makes me think of the soft cotton leizure pants that women wear but the cheaper version because they wouldnt have exposed leg seams like that (I don't think).  The zipper area looks good though.  Jacket doesn't look bad and the texture pack makes it even better I think.

Novica looks good!  And thanks for the heads up on the male cop outfit I could of used that earlier in the month but I will sure find use for it later.  Wishlisted for now.

edited May 2021

Daventaki said:

Novica looks good!  And thanks for the heads up on the male cop outfit I could of used that earlier in the month but I will sure find use for it later.  Wishlisted for now.

Do you have Polish's police car and truck? Those are really good. (Haven't looked on the inside, but there's a lit up radar thingamajiggy on the dash which shows from the outside.) I'll do a render for you folks but will change it slightly so it's not from the book. I think you all will get some giggles when you see what I've done. It's a child's picture book and heavens, twenty eight renders is a you-know-what to do. I did the police one, then (yeah THEN) realized DOF would unclutter it. Sigh.

Has anyone released any Amazon countdown free books? (Free for a limited time.)  I'm happy to support you. Mine won't be out for awhile as I want to have two books ready to go so the second can ride the tails of the first one. Speaking of books, have any of you heard what Amazon is doing with hardcovers? Didn't they release a hardcover printing program (beta) or have they always printed on demand hardcovers? My husband had a horrible time twice with Ingram Sparks customer service and will never use them again. 

Post edited by Novica on