Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited May 2021

barbult said:

Rendering things I bought today in the $2.10 sale:

Riviera Swim for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Goldie Locks Textures
    Wild Plants - Wild Ferns Volume 1

@barbult Nicely done! Do you remember what lighting you used? It looks similar to DA Real World Lighting, which I am currently using. The police one I'll show everyone will be in about an hour (the other one is rendering and it's a huge size) and I am using DA Real World Lighting. 

Post edited by Novica on

That Rogue Waves Hair today in PC+ is $24.95 which even at 70% off is about $8.00 (nice try Daz, 7.99 is only a penny off.) A bit pricey for PC+, that sounds just like a regular product. It is, however,  a lovely hair, from the promos the hairline is amazing! (as usual from Chevybabe25) so you may want to use your May $6 coupon for a DO, which  then makes it a fantastic deal for 1.99   I already used mine, so this won't be bought anytime soon. With it being a PC+ item, at least you have that option. I'd pounce on it.

edited May 2021

I issued a correction- Toyen's police uniform does come with a belt and accessories. This is Toyen's uniform and belt, with Fugazi's accessories on it. For some reason I didn't see the belt accessories on the original outfit. It doesn't matter for what I am using it for, and it's cartooned anyway, but you get a really nice setup just with Toyens (and no unbuttoned, plunging neckline. If you need that, go Fugazi.)  Toyen's belt accessories (not shown) seem to be more detailed.

Kim Seohyun  (G8F)        Metro Police Truck     dForce Police Officer Outfit (G8F) 

Be sure and note what you get with that character. Three hair colors for the netherlands, but only one eye color? Anyway, sadly lacking in options in makeup, lip color, eye color, etc. I think the makeup is all lumped together. Brows are black, 3 browns, that's it. (No white- can't do fantasy, and no blonde or red.)  So really can't recommend her unless you get her on sale or want to change up brows and use someone else's eye colors.  Eyebrows aren't my favorite either, it's that sticky look without a hair out of place, but that's just my preference.

She does have an innocent air about her, and if you change out the brows, would be a great kid.

So this is just a quickie to show you the outfit and police truck. I didn't take a lot of time to move things perfectly (put the black radio more in front of the white panel and move the red light from the hand) but kinda rushing this morning to get the dogs trimmed and bathed while doing book renders lol. 

police DOF Daz thread.png
    800 x 896 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

Also, I did look and didn't see any materials for that badge. It's rather flat and lacks detail. Is it supposed to be a dull, plain silver without any detail? Seems to be lacking its materials. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    Novica said:

barbult said:

Rendering things I bought today in the $2.10 sale:

Riviera Swim for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Goldie Locks Textures
    Wild Plants - Wild Ferns Volume 1

@barbult Nicely done! Do you remember what lighting you used? It looks similar to DA Real World Lighting, which I am currently using. The police one I'll show everyone will be in about an hour (the other one is rendering and it's a huge size) and I am using DA Real World Lighting. 

Both use HDRIs that I created myself, following a tutorial from Dreamlight. One HDRI was created from DGV Palm Pool and one from one of the Urban Future sets. I think I used a fill light on the side of the face from Lighting Designer. I experimented with the fill and don't remember whether I left it on or off in the end.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,565

dForce Hollywood has awful pants. The drape is like the thinnest rayon. I do wonder if that suite was made for the last figure Jazz  though- it has that sort of retro vintage quality. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Novica said:

I issued a correction- Toyen's police uniform does come with a belt and accessories. This is Toyen's uniform and belt, with Fugazi's accessories on it. For some reason I didn't see the belt accessories on the original outfit. It doesn't matter for what I am using it for, and it's cartooned anyway, but you get a really nice setup just with Toyens (and no unbuttoned, plunging neckline. If you need that, go Fugazi.)  Toyen's belt accessories (not shown) seem to be more detailed.

Kim Seohyun  (G8F)        Metro Police Truck     dForce Police Officer Outfit (G8F) 

Be sure and note what you get with that character. Three hair colors for the netherlands, but only one eye color? Anyway, sadly lacking in options in makeup, lip color, eye color, etc. I think the makeup is all lumped together. Brows are black, 3 browns, that's it. (No white- can't do fantasy, and no blonde or red.)  So really can't recommend her unless you get her on sale or want to change up brows and use someone else's eye colors.  Eyebrows aren't my favorite either, it's that sticky look without a hair out of place, but that's just my preference.

She does have an innocent air about her, and if you change out the brows, would be a great kid.

So this is just a quickie to show you the outfit and police truck. I didn't take a lot of time to move things perfectly (put the black radio more in front of the white panel and move the red light from the hand) but kinda rushing this morning to get the dogs trimmed and bathed while doing book renders lol. 

Oh I do like the truck and the car!  Wishlisted both for future sale hopefully.   Nice render!  Bet the book is going to be great! 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

The thing is the fat on the fat characters seems to defy gravity in most poses. It makes them look like that rubber mask Russell Crowe wore at the end of It's a Beautiful Mind.

DId you guys check your email? I got a survey. It asked what I wanted to see more of in the store and I said domestic and wild animals. I said it's ridiculous we don't even have persian cats. I added we don't need any more bathrooms, bedrooms, bikinis, or saunas, not that they asked lol. There were about three pages of questions. They said they would be giving gift certificates until the desired number of surveys were received, so see if you got one and complete it ASAP. The gift certificates will be put in accounts before June 6th. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,247

I said more diverse ethnic representation, and also centaur clothes.

@gordig   Centaur clothes is an excellent idea!  I also mentioned a rewards system for what Daz could add to make it better. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,167

I went for authentic historical clothing, more good quality male clothing and more animals. I wish I'd thought of something to make it better, but I couldn't come up with anything in a hurry!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,768

I almost mirrored MelanieL, but added professional women's clothing (judges, doctors, teachers, ... ) not stripper acts, more children clothes who don't look like hookers or pimps, and real clothes for guys that is not just date night stuff; then more historical periods and ethnic clothes (think real African clothing), then take it realistic and move it up to near future and far future for real people and not the super rich or a trophy wife. Suggested they think about Black Panther, there were killer costumes in it and the civilization was breathtaking. Maybe someone could think 'Fusion' in clothes/sets for the future. 

I also asked if they could do anything to help D|S be able to adjust print size for vision imparement. My recent eyesight problem that went on for two or three weeks made working in D|S a nightmare. Adjusting Win 10 screen to 125% helped a little but still, D|S might be able to do it better. 

Brought up quality control on the front end. And the remaining issues I have in D|S with my product purchase dates, install dates, product release dates being messed up since the store upgrade. I tried to remember other things but I had a dog that wanted to go to the bush. 

Then later did a render and thought of a whole lot of other things. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Just did mine, I wish I had thought of the domestic animals I should of took some time and write down some things before doing it because like memcneil70 said I always think of a whole lot of other things after the fact.  I did mention a Rewards system also.  I use the one at Rendo alot.  I also mentioned better more informative documentation of features.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,811

Some of my input:

Various automobile ages/models - not just sport car and luxury models. More male outfits with working parts (pants zip, shirts & coats open, top button close/open, realistic winkles and draping). 

Soft body physics, fast character load time (seconds not minutes because of too many morphs)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited May 2021

My test of Fred at 60% and I really like him! He has personality like Ollie. I don't know what I'll use him for right now but he does fit a type I was lacking. You take off a few pounds and he really fits the Jewish/Italian/NYC/LA/Hollywood type that we haven't had so far!

This one I think was 50%

Post edited by Wonderland on

@wonderland  You did a wonderful job with him!  He definitely adds to the gene pool.

Another thing I mentioned in the survey- the ReadMes of course. Said I use them to find where a product is located and it's cut back on my spending because it's just a hassle to locate things as Daz didn't standardize where things had to be placed. (Man, that was a huge DUH on their part. Back to QA.)  

edited May 2021

I also wanted to mention H&C Police Uniform for Genesis 3 males- which I think has the best shoulder patches, hat insignia,  and badge. (Best by far, I might add.)  I don't know if you can kit-bash or not,  or how well it would fit to G8 but it's a really nice uniform.

Post edited by Novica on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,727
    edited May 2021

https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-police-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s fitted to vanilla G8 F/M.

Shirt: no issues.

Pants: need to add smoothing modifier

Hat: no issues

Shoes: set the feet invisible

I didn't try any morphed shapes, so there may still be issues with more extreme shapes.

Badges, patches, belt, etc. are part of their item of clothing's mesh, but the textures can be edited separately.

front.jpg
    721 x 893 - 256K
    back.jpg
    721 x 893 - 278K
    Post edited by Nath on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117
    I hope this comment stays on this page, but I disagree about Kim Seohyun's eyebrows. I like them, especially to use them on other characters like Young Minto and Shaniquah. Those two do not come with brow props but their painted on brows line up well with Kim's. Her skin seems to be from the same source as CrocodileLiu's Acicia Bundle fox girl. The fox girl doesn't have proper no makeup options, so I swap in Kim textures for that.
    edited May 2021

MimicMolly said:

I hope this comment stays on this page, but I disagree about Kim Seohyun's eyebrows. I like them, especially to use them on other characters like Young Minto and Shaniquah. Those two do not come with brow props but their painted on brows line up well with Kim's. Her skin seems to be from the same source as CrocodileLiu's Acicia Bundle fox girl. The fox girl doesn't have proper no makeup options, so I swap in Kim textures for that.

It's completely fine to have varying opinions on eyebrows :) as I have my own preferences, which don't always (or often LOL) line up with other folks. Its not only fine, it's encouraged on my threads. Jump in anytime! :)  and thanks for the observations about the Acicia Bundle fox girl.

Post edited by Novica on

@nath  Thanks so much for showing that yes

Novica said:

DId you guys check your email? I got a survey. It asked what I wanted to see more of in the store and I said domestic and wild animals. I said it's ridiculous we don't even have persian cats. I added we don't need any more bathrooms, bedrooms, bikinis, or saunas, not that they asked lol. There were about three pages of questions. They said they would be giving gift certificates until the desired number of surveys were received, so see if you got one and complete it ASAP. The gift certificates will be put in accounts before June 6th. 

I would like more realistic morphable to toon DAZ animals too. I've bought most DAZ Originals animals but they are sort of antiquated. I'd like them to be morphable in sort of a toon way. So realistic & toon morphs. Sort of a combo of AM's new mouse & Joe Quick's new mouse in one.

edited May 2021

My survey wish list was to "better than all the rest" animation tools in DAZ Studio. So short and sweet wish but the most difficult to pull off too.

I think Novica's wish for more top of the line animals as DAZ Originals would be more accessable to any business in this line of work though. I like toon animals as morphs to the realistic animals.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

MelanieL said:

I went for authentic historical clothing, more good quality male clothing and more animals. I wish I'd thought of something to make it better, but I couldn't come up with anything in a hurry!

I also asked for more historical clothing and animals. Good to know there are several of us who feel the same way.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,565

I asked for better quality men's outfits or dforced

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,247

Novica said:

@gordig   Centaur clothes is an excellent idea! 

It was mostly a joke suggestion, because I'm part of a small minority that actually buys centaur products and renders them regularly. My own experiments in making modern centaur clothing gave me some more insight into why products like this don't already exist.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,768

Just remembered another suggestion I had for them, add back the 'Required Products' to not only new/currently sold items, but the old/no longer sold so we can figure out what a texture set belongs to when it is a bland or overused name. I am lucky I have copies of the promo pages from when I bought the items, but often I will just use the online Product Library as a shortcut when I can't remember the source product for a PA's textures who is no longer with Daz but made lovely textures for so many sets and furniture items in the past.

But I think my biggest wish is for more front-end quality assurance to ensure the product works as expected, doesn't throw duplicate ID errors, and has proper and complete Metadata. If anything would cut down on complaints and the excessive workload Customer Service is dealing with, that would. And increase company pride and reputation again.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,354

Novica said:

barbult said:

That Casual Flannel is menswear with a Peter Pan collar. Who thinks that looks good? And, yes, the clay render shows off other mesh problems.  

I actually laughed when I saw that collar. Someone's vision sure didn't line up with mine for a good looking shirt. That one just struck me as really funky looking.

It seems a bit unusual for Arki. She usual does very beautiful clothing.

Of course, when you AREN'T looking for a whistle, you find them. X-Fashion Uniform 03 has a whistle if you need one.