Brooke 8.1... Yes, finally ! ! !

Comments

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

Pros: Shape

Cons: Everything else

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,905

margrave said:

So is the season pass just a way to get people to buy potentially under-performing characters, sight unseen?

If I'd bought it and found out the first character was a middle-aged Meghan Trainor-lookalike, I would've been pissed.

When I got the character yesterday, I sighed so loud as I had that very same thought, I was duped and realized if this is the precedent of the next five characters, we're going to get ones that definitely have a niche for folks but wouldn't probably have performed well as a whole. Yay for the folks that are happy but I'm certainly not. I figured Daz would have brought their A game to the table and wowed us with these to get folks excited for the next pass, instead I'm definitely regretting my season pass purchase. I sincerely hope the next four are absolutely stunning. I would have been happy if the dude in the bundle was the freebie. 

• This my sound weird but I always look at the feet of some of these figures. Why, because on many figures the feet look funny which makes footwear crinkle or make just hard to get any footwear to fit. Nothing like being dressed in a wonderful gown or flashy club wear and no shoes that fit,

I think this a great figure shape wise but the toes look very strange. Just saying.

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

benniewoodell said:

margrave said:

So is the season pass just a way to get people to buy potentially under-performing characters, sight unseen?

If I'd bought it and found out the first character was a middle-aged Meghan Trainor-lookalike, I would've been pissed.

When I got the character yesterday, I sighed so loud as I had that very same thought, I was duped and realized if this is the precedent of the next five characters, we're going to get ones that definitely have a niche for folks but wouldn't probably have performed well as a whole. Yay for the folks that are happy but I'm certainly not. I figured Daz would have brought their A game to the table and wowed us with these to get folks excited for the next pass, instead I'm definitely regretting my season pass purchase. I sincerely hope the next four are absolutely stunning. I would have been happy if the dude in the bundle was the freebie. 

But the forum flair! :D

Sorry, not trying to make light of your (so-far) loss of $150. I almost pulled the trigger...like really really close...but I'm so glad I didn't. At least so far after seeing the "freebie" and the first character.  

Sorry, not trying to make light of your (so-far) loss of $150. I almost pulled the trigger...like really really close...but I'm so glad I didn't. At least so far after seeing the "freebie" and the first character.  

Lol, ugh, the flair. I really, really wish that hadn't been something they did for this, or had made it possible to just turn it off because even if I had been happy with my purchase of the pass, I'm not twelve. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,342

The bundle looks poorly put together and way too expensive. Since I didn't purchase the season pass I'll pass on the bundle and just wishlist the character.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,592

melissastjames said:

What I said in the other thread because I'm too lazy to type it again - 

Brooke's skin looks like it could grate cheese. Girl needs to visit a dermatologist, stat. Folks are so focused on the 'YAY! A REALISTIC BODY SHAPE!' Well, we can get that with morphs and any base character. I rate new characters on their skin and her skin is just an over-normaled mess with no sss or actual detail. And there still is something definitely not quite right about her mouth. 

Pretty much my thoughts also. If I need an overweight, older figure there are more than enough morphs to create what I need and her skin is just lacking in detail for my tastes.

Probably a good thing though since I haven't moved up to the latest DS due to performance concerns I have seen in other threads. heaven forbid they come out with an 8.1 character i really want, LOL.

• With the grainy, bumpy skin maybe this is due to the HD add on or the need to dial back the bump settings and may need some tweaking. I don't know but if you look at the toes in the promo pics they look really deformed. Again maybe too high a bump or HD settings. I don't set my HD add ons to figures at 100% because of what happens to the skin.

But I haven't moved up to 4.15 for the very same reasons FSMCDesigns so it's all moot for me. 

• wmiller314wmiller314 Posts: 184

Woke up this morning and laughed so hard I nearly spit out my coffee. Glad I didn't buy that pass. Would have been very upset.

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    edited April 2021

Character could have been nice but, as has been pointed out, the bump/normals/hd (all of the above?) is way over the top. The skin itself appears to lack much detail and is oversaturated. 

And what's with the tenements as the bundled building. She's a news anchor - how about https://www.daz3d.com/action-newscenter or https://www.daz3d.com/i13-newsroom-with-poses? At least bundle something that defines the character according to the backstory. Fine, she lives in New York - along with 8.4mil others - not unique. There are 180ish news anchors in NY apparently - surely that's a much more defining feature.

Post edited by Frinkky on
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

benniewoodell said:

Lol, ugh, the flair. I really, really wish that hadn't been something they did for this, or had made it possible to just turn it off because even if I had been happy with my purchase of the pass, I'm not twelve. 

If it helps, I didn't notice until it was pointed out... laugh 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Frinkky said:

Character could have been nice but, as has been pointed out, the bump/normals/hd (all of the above?) is way over the top. The skin itself appears to lack much detail and is oversaturated. 

And what's with the tenements as the bundled building. She's a news anchor - how about https://www.daz3d.com/action-newscenter or https://www.daz3d.com/i13-newsroom-with-poses? At least bundle something that defines the character according to the backstory. Fine, she lives in New York - along with 8.4mil others - not unique. There are 180ish news anchors in NY apparently - surely that's a much more defining feature.

The promotion shows "Famous for Being Famous" and then the character description says "She was at the top of her class in college and now spends her days as an anchor on the biggest news station in New York City".  So is she just a random celebrity or a really intelligent news professional or is Daz marketing just spewing jargon or playing copy-paste roulette?

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

I do like the character, but her toes look to be all malformed and have a ton of jaggies.  Maybe a morph problem?  I get that around fingernails when I load too many HD morphs at once...  Honestly, I'm dissapointed that not only did this issue make its way into the product, but even the promo images.

I mean, I'll just put shoes on her... but still.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,625

Sevrin said:

The promotion shows "Famous for Being Famous" and then the character description says "She was at the top of her class in college and now spends her days as an anchor on the biggest news station in New York City".  So is she just a random celebrity or a really intelligent news professional or is Daz marketing just spewing jargon or playing copy-paste roulette?

I thought "famous for being famous" usually referred to the Kardashians.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    edited April 2021

In the pose collection the camera guy has a camera that floats on his shouler. The whole point of a camera to have it that size is stability ON your shoulder. :(

https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/81184/i/breakingnewspropsandposesforgenesis8101daz3d.jpg

EDIT : There is even a rest on the camera for the shoulder not being utilized, lol.

Post edited by Paintbox on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

benniewoodell said:

I think you can open a support ticket to ask them to hide it.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Brook is not up my alley for Daz characters, but I grabbed Zak and am thrilled that, for once, a male product made it into a female bundle (usually it is the reverse).

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@benniewoodell   As Leana said, but to put it as a certainty- you CAN open a support ticket to get the badge hidden. Richard said so a couple days ago in the season pass thread.

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 138

Toenails look like they have fungus, skin texture looks like popcorn ceiling, and the eyes look like glassy marbles. I think these issues can be solved by tweaking the character a bit. The artists just need to calm down with the "subtle" details a bit. 

fungus.JPG
    411 x 340 - 19K
    Popcorn_ceiling_texture_close_up.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 164K
  • CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    duckbomb said:

I do like the character, but her toes look to be all malformed and have a ton of jaggies.  Maybe a morph problem?  I get that around fingernails when I load too many HD morphs at once...  Honestly, I'm dissapointed that not only did this issue make its way into the product, but even the promo images.

wow didn't pay attention to them before but those toe nails ! Go get a pedicure girrrrrrl.

Leana said:

benniewoodell said:

Oh...hmmmm....maybe I'll wait to see if I get a response from the complaint ticket I sent in yesterday after I saw the character saying how I hope they wow me with the rest of this pass otherwise I will never do a promotion like this again. And if I get a response I'll send a note asking if they can take it off otherwise I don't want to send in another kind of complaint ticket and go on the "sigh" list of names that pop up that no one wants to deal with. Anyone who's worked in retail knows the "list" I'm talking about and the last thing I want is to be that guy lol. I recently found out after moving back home due to COVID stuff that my mom was that person at the deli counter at the grocery store as she wants the cold cuts sliced so dang thin that no one wants to help her as it takes four times as long to cut a pound of salami, so they all try to hide in the back to draw straws when they see her coming. I was so embarrassed when I asked my dad what was going on and he told me. So we'll see if I get a response before I send in another ticket. 

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707
    edited April 2021

duckbomb said:

That looks awful. She should have been named Broke 8.1. I would expect more from a $45 figure.

Also: Team Mom here. Who wants thick salami?

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.43.22 AM.png
    634 x 404 - 329K
    Post edited by mr clam on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

benniewoodell said:

Leana said:

benniewoodell said:

Oh...hmmmm....maybe I'll wait to see if I get a response from the complaint ticket I sent in yesterday after I saw the character saying how I hope they wow me with the rest of this pass otherwise I will never do a promotion like this again. And if I get a response I'll send a note asking if they can take it off otherwise I don't want to send in another kind of complaint ticket and go on the "sigh" list of names that pop up that no one wants to deal with. Anyone who's worked in retail knows the "list" I'm talking about and the last thing I want is to be that guy lol. I recently found out after moving back home due to COVID stuff that my mom was that person at the deli counter at the grocery store as she wants the cold cuts sliced so dang thin that no one wants to help her as it takes four times as long to cut a pound of salami, so they all try to hide in the back to draw straws when they see her coming. I was so embarrassed when I asked my dad what was going on and he told me. So we'll see if I get a response before I send in another ticket. 

I can see it from your mother's side...lol. If I'm gonna pay 8 bucks for a half a pound of meat, they can take the time to slice it how I WANT laugh. Maybe it's just a female/woman thing. LMAO. As for Brooke, sorry you feel like you didn't get your money's worth and better luck on the next one.

Laurie 

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 142

I actually think this bundle is pretty good but the price is too high. I like having environments included.

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 142

mr clam said:

duckbomb said:

That looks awful. She should have been named Broke 8.1. I would expect more from a $45 figure.

WTF! This is a new low in quality control LOL

• mr clam said:

duckbomb said:

It's apparently a weird bug, which only affected a few people - but sadly it crept into the promo art.  It will be updated ASAP.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

I think rats have been nibbling on her toes ;). 

This should have been caught, but I'm sure Daz will fix it. Can't have a glaring thing like this NOT get fixed, so while I don't have much faith in Daz lately, I do have faith that they will fix it ;)

Laurie

• I like her face, but that's about it. I'll just wait until there's some ridiculous discount on her before I consider getting her.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585

Daz Jack Tomalin said:

mr clam said:

duckbomb said:

It's apparently a weird bug, which only affected a few people - but sadly it crept into the promo art.  It will be updated ASAP.

Oh, cool!  That works!  Thanks for the heads up :)

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,625

mr clam said:

duckbomb said:

Looks painful!