Brooke 8.1... Yes, finally ! ! !

Comments

• Overall I do like Brook because she looks like women you'd see everywhere in any place from the check out girl to a well educated professional. I didn't want to come across as being extremely negative on the figure just for some minor observations on my part. She would not be the first figure I've had issues with fitting clothing and footwear on.

But I do like the figure and have always been drawn to figures that have a unique look outside of the normal offerings.

The thing I have the most issue with is 4.15 which is a shame as it makes me feel I'm being left behind since I have always installed the newest versions of DS.

• shadem980shadem980 Posts: 48

Tried out creating the biz professional scene with her here and it turned out pretty well.

Late Work Night with Brooke1.jpg
    3220 x 2472 - 4M
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Ironically, there is a post going on in the Product Suggestions forum about the current state of Bundles, how it relates to PA's and some All-Star PA bundle-ing.  Check it out here 
    How Daz Should do their next Significant Character Bundle....

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited April 2021

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    edited April 2021

DisparateDreamer said:

Very cute DD

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

shadem980 said:

Tried out creating the biz professional scene with her here and it turned outpretty well.

It's as good or better than the official promo's, well done!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

omg  for a second misread title as bryce 8.1

• CryphiusCryphius Posts: 64
    edited April 2021

What hair is this on her green underwear promo pics? 

• CryphiusCryphius Posts: 64

phatmartino said:

@ziatonic Pretty sure it's this: https://www.daz3d.com/long-wet-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8

Thanks. Though hers looks a bit shorter, perhaps they used a morph. You would think a premier character would have the "Assets Used" at the bottom.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

ziatonic said:

phatmartino said:

@ziatonic Pretty sure it's this: https://www.daz3d.com/long-wet-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8

Thanks. Though hers looks a bit shorter, perhaps they used a morph. You would think a premier character would have the "Assets Used" at the bottom.

They never do

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited April 2021

So in a lot of images of Brooke her panties  fit weirdly. I am just wondering if it is the clothing or something, going on with her groin, but they bulge out or cling in a weird way.

This is not a criticism, but I am wondering if the morph is not playing well with the underwear or if there is a cause for this.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited April 2021

It has to with her shape not following the generic G8F shape down there.  Just like with any morph, when a clothing item auto follows the surrounding mesh gets distorted.  With Brooke, it's just more noticable because of how her belly and hips are shaped.

The best way to avoid the issue would be to use dForce cloths, so that things are draped more realisticaly.

Post edited by JamesJAB on
    edited April 2021

So, I did a few test renders with Brooke and ralised what was giving her a bumpy looking face.  SD vs HD Normal Maps.

Here she is renderd using the HD Normal Maps

And here she is with the SD Normal Maps

Brooke - HD Normals - Default SSS.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
    Brooke - SD Normals - Default SSS.png
    1600 x 1200 - 3M
  • I dialed back the Normal map weight to 0.25 and turned the Detail weight to 0.00, which is pretty drastic... but I am not a fan of the bumpy bump face look.

Probably a Normal Map weight of 0.5 to 0.75 plus a fractional Detail weight (maybe 0.25 range) might be more my recommendation, but I have a few other things I am working on.

cool

• Reminder to all the SP simps that the Brooke contest ends tonight (April 20)... at 11:59PM, Daz time.

Don't forget to include "seasonpass" tags

• blazblaz Posts: 261

Well, it's seems the 12 PM deadline was not true. As was the "receive the character one day early"...

If things change, here's my entry.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1139781

• blaz said:

Well, it's seems the 12 PM deadline was not true. As was the "receive the character one day early"...

The deadline on the entry page, 11:59 PM today, is correct. The statement on the landing page for the pass that it was 12:00 Am this morning is a mistake.

• blazblaz Posts: 261

Richard Haseltine said:

blaz said:

The deadline on the entry page, 11:59 PM today, is correct. The statement on the landing page for the pass that it was 12:00 Am this morning is a mistake.

Now I feel bad about my jab at receiving the character early. blush I replied to you in the other thread that the seasonpass tags are not there, so you can't add them.

Thank you.

• blaz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

blaz said:

Now I feel bad about my jab at receiving the character early. blush I replied to you in the other thread that the seasonpass tags are not there, so you can't add them.

Thank you.

It's a category rather than a tag and it has been restored (it was missing for me too when I checked).

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,702
    edited April 2021

After reading the contest was over at 12:00AM 20April2021, then finding out it wasn't, then the gallery refusing to publish it, I gave up trying to get this render entered into the contest. So here's my take on Brooke 8.1 in her career businessingness:

Brooke81.png
    1900 x 713 - 2M
    Post edited by xyer0 on
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,905

xyer0 said:

After reading the contest was over at 12:00AM 20April2021, then finding out it wasn't, then the gallery refusing to publish it, I gave up trying to get this render entered into the contest. So here's my take on Brooke 8.1 in her career businessingness:

Post this in the season pass thread, if you haven't done so already, so they can see it. There was a number of us who had the same problem. Looks great! 

So now all Brooke needs are some PA created characters and and "Alt" set from AliveSheCried...

Thanks @benniewoodell, I did as you suggested. Daz is like a cute girl that refuses to act right. How long can you put up with her?

• shadem980shadem980 Posts: 48

Paintbox said:

shadem980 said:

Tried out creating the biz professional scene with her here and it turned outpretty well.

It's as good or better than the official promo's, well done!

Thanks Paintbox. I appreciate it. 

edited May 2021

Has anyone noticed how much Brooke 8.1 stuff has come out since release that's not part of her bundles?  It's almost like her actual bundles where not ready in time, so the just tossed random fillers in...

Brooke 8.1 Manhattan Style Bundle:  Slip Dress has 2 promo pics and no built in shape + News poses have Brooke specific stuff.
    Brooke 8.1 Gold Marksman Bundle:  White Raven has promos and shape + Winter Splendor just has Brooke promo pics.
    That's it, everything else in the bundles could be for anyone.

With all of the other Brooke stuff that's come out she could have had a few nice cohesive bundles if they brought her out this week instead.

Outside of the Bundles we've gotten:
    The Journalist - Expressions for Genesis 8.1 Female and Brooke 8.1
    Z Career Woman Poses and Expressions for Brooke 8.1
    Brooke and Beautiful Poses for Brooke 8.1

Cloths with Brooke fits.
    dForce Zoey Office Outfit For Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females
    dForce Evening Walk Outfit For Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

Coming Soon:
    Beverly HD for Brooke 8.1

I hadn't noticed, and thanks for pointing it out, @JamesJAB. This lends more credence to the theory that the season pass was a slap dash idea. But it's not clear why Brooke needed to be ready ahead of schedule, unless no other character was near completion.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

JamesJAB said:

Brooke 8.1 Manhattan Style Bundle:  Slip Dress has 2 promo pics and no built in shape + News poses have Brooke specific stuff

There is a shape for Brooke in the dress... it might have gotten left out on the description since the page was created before I had the morph, but it is in the dress :) She's wearing it in the main promo

Mada said:

JamesJAB said:

Brooke 8.1 Manhattan Style Bundle:  Slip Dress has 2 promo pics and no built in shape + News poses have Brooke specific stuff

There is a shape for Brooke in the dress... it might have gotten left out on the description since the page was created before I had the morph, but it is in the dress :) She's wearing it in the main promo

Daz may need to update the dress to your newest version.  When I load the dress without a character in the scene, there doesn't seem to be a morph for Brooke.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

Searching for Brooke in the shaping tab is not showing it? If so I'll chase it up, thanks.