Brooke 8.1... Yes, finally ! ! !

Comments

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

blaz said:

If I do decide to enter the contest, I have an idea for which it wont really matter if she is a reporter or a fashion consultant.

I hope you enter. Daz needs all the entries they can get since they restricted it to Pass holders only. Plus, your chances of winning are higher now.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019

I suspect that some people have Tenley 8.1 and haven't fixed her problem. She pops up in every 8.1 female unless you fix a value error that is 1 and suposed to be 0. To check for this kind of problem select Brooke and look in parameters under "currently used". If you see a character morph other than Brooke, you have the problem.

IMHO, I like Brooke. She is a plus size model and I find her attactive. I'm attaching three test shots I took of her. The only thing not from her package are her swimsuit, hair and poses.

Brooke 8.1 left foot.png
    640 x 800 - 511K
    Brooke 8.1 Swimsuit.png
    1200 x 1500 - 896K
    Brooke 8.1 Swimsuit Closeup.png
    1200 x 1500 - 2M
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited April 2021

FSMCDesigns said:

Wonderland said:

ParallaxCreates said:

Jabba said:

Finally somebody who isn't all muscles and tight skin - this is the realism I've been wanting - a step closer to my Frazetta ideal.

I would imagine the "problem" with too much realism is that perfection sells, but I really hope Brooke is a success and we get more characters along these lines.

But what's Zak doing in the bundle?  Maybe her boyfriend, so Brooke might be a bit of a cougar, hehehe.

She's great! I contributed to the bundle with that Breaking News Props and Poses product and pose products are not my niche. It's just she is such a great character I was easily inspired to want to bring her to life via some kind of animated outlet. I treated her with the proper care a unique character as herself deserves.

She has a certain individualism about her and it was infectous. What's great is that Daz is making strides in delivering these type of unique characters and the best part is, the end result is amazing.

I'm glad you like her and just like you I hope to see more like her in the future and it seems Daz knows that too!

I would have purchased the bundle if a Mousso type character was the core character and this would have made more sense as far as the marketing. I am definitely NOT interested in more characters like Brooke and hope Daz knows that...  

that is probably a tough call. While I agree with you, it seems that anytime a hot, young, model type female character is released, the forum erupts with displeasure over yet another one, lack of variety, or lacking in details, yet they are still released regularly which probably means they are selling and the vocal minority in the forums are not the target audience. Kinda makes me wonder, when a niche, mature, outside the box character is released a few on the forums praise her, but are they really selliing well or do the majority of users just pass on them.

To please everyone is just impossible. But I would have expected a bit more "love" with the promo renders. They are horrible (I have seen examples where Brooke actually looked nice). The skin in the promo renders looks overdone. As someone stated: like you could grate cheese with it. The bundle itself looks strange. So, Brooke has a background story. But, what role has Zak in that story? Why does he have to be in that bundle?. That whole Brooke character and the bundle looks too unfinished for me to even remotely consider buying it. 

I hope for all the season pass holders that this is not a new way for Daz to sell the shelf warmer characters. 

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Sevrin said:

Hylas said:

And why is Zak in that bundle?

Brooke is famous, and Zak is her stalker?

ParallaxCreates said:

I'm glad you like her and just like you I hope to see more like her in the future and it seems Daz knows that too!

So this is the shape of things to come?

Oh I'm not privy to that information or what they have planned, we've just had some really cool diverse characters as of late :) 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 427

TJohn said:

I suspect that some people have Tenley 8.1 and haven't fixed her problem. She pops up in every 8.1 female unless you fix a value error that is 1 and suposed to be 0. To check for this kind of problem select Brooke and look in parameters under "currently used". If you see a character morph other than Brooke, you have the problem.

IMHO, I like Brooke. She is a plus size model and I find her attactive. I'm attaching three test shots I took of her. The only thing not from her package are her swimsuit, hair and poses.

Oooh those are great! Please I would love to see more, this thread is severely lacking Brooke renders.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

FSMCDesigns said:

Wonderland said:

ParallaxCreates said:

Jabba said:

Finally somebody who isn't all muscles and tight skin - this is the realism I've been wanting - a step closer to my Frazetta ideal.

I would imagine the "problem" with too much realism is that perfection sells, but I really hope Brooke is a success and we get more characters along these lines.

But what's Zak doing in the bundle?  Maybe her boyfriend, so Brooke might be a bit of a cougar, hehehe.

She's great! I contributed to the bundle with that Breaking News Props and Poses product and pose products are not my niche. It's just she is such a great character I was easily inspired to want to bring her to life via some kind of animated outlet. I treated her with the proper care a unique character as herself deserves.

She has a certain individualism about her and it was infectous. What's great is that Daz is making strides in delivering these type of unique characters and the best part is, the end result is amazing.

I would have purchased the bundle if a Mousso type character was the core character and this would have made more sense as far as the marketing. I am definitely NOT interested in more characters like Brooke and hope Daz knows that...  

that is probably a tough call. While I agree with you, it seems that anytime a hot, young, model type female character is released, the forum erupts with displeasure over yet another one, lack of variety, or lacking in details, yet they are still released regularly which probably means they are selling and the vocal minority in the forums are not the target audience. Kinda makes me wonder, when a niche, mature, outside the box character is released a few on the forums praise her, but are they really selliing well or do the majority of users just pass on them.

I think the marketing on the bundle is super confusing. Is she famous for just being famous? A news reporter? A business person? Why is lingerie, a hot male hunk, and low income housing being sold with her? The whole thing makes no sense. That said, I could use everything in the bundle, except her, because I already have enough morphs to create something similar if needed. And so far I have never needed to create such a character. I really don’t need any more characters (or anything at all) but can always use more lingerie, hair, and nice skins and makeup I can add to my toolkit.  I never use characters as is anyway, but don’t see anything I would possibly use Brooke for.

I’m definitely the wrong target market for Brooke, but I like the bundle without her. I think they really put the wrong bundle together and it would have made more sense if the core character was a struggling lingerie model who lived in a tenement with a hot boyfriend who pretended to be paparazzi as a publicity stunt to help make her famous. Daz is really bad at story telling.,.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited April 2021

Damsel said:

Glad I didn't buy that season pass. I guess instead of pro bundles, they're going to charge the heck out of us for a dress, a pair of undies, a hairdo, a couple of characters, and a building, which last time I looked isn't a character. 

Yeah, this comment is going to get deleted.  How about spending a little less time on figuring out ways to get me to spend money for nothing and instead create something I want to spend money ON.

I should have listened to my instincts on the season pass.
    Definitely went back and forth on the season pass many times over the weekend. That was a HARD internal debate.

I like the character quite a bit as someone who ported over the Bethany 7 shape to Genesis 8.1 because I still like it... but this Brooke bundle does nothing for me.

There are good parts to the bundle (not saying that the pieces are poor quality)... but even with a discount for being a Daz simp/season pass idiot (Brooke bundle price is $40.80 in my cart), there's not enough value/utility for me to want the bundle itself.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • EnvixerEnvixer Posts: 58

Wonderland said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Wonderland said:

ParallaxCreates said:

Jabba said:

I think the marketing on the bundle is super confusing. Is she famous for just being famous? A news reporter? A business person? Why is lingerie, a hot male hunk, and low income housing being sold with her? The whole thing makes no sense. That said, I could use everything in the bundle, except her, because I already have enough morphs to create something similar if needed. And so far I have never needed to create such a character. I really don’t need any more characters (or anything at all) but can always use more lingerie, hair, and nice skins and makeup I can add to my toolkit.  I never use characters as is anyway, but don’t see anything I would possibly use Brooke for.

I’m definitely the wrong target market for Brooke, but I like the bundle without her. I think they really put the wrong bundle together and it would have made more sense if the core character was a struggling lingerie model who lived in a tenement with a hot boyfriend who pretended to be paparazzi as a publicity stunt to help make her famous. Daz is really bad at story telling.,.

Well, she's promoted as a wealthy businesswoman, so it's likely she owns the low income housing, and has many young men chasing her for her money.

It's actually pretty easy to build a story around that concept.

• EnvixerEnvixer Posts: 58

The Blurst of Times said:

Damsel said:

Glad I didn't buy that season pass. I guess instead of pro bundles, they're going to charge the heck out of us for a dress, a pair of undies, a hairdo, a couple of characters, and a building, which last time I looked isn't a character. 

Yeah, this comment is going to get deleted.  How about spending a little less time on figuring out ways to get me to spend money for nothing and instead create something I want to spend money ON.

Definitely went back and forth on the season pass many times over the weekend. That was a HARD internal debate.

I like the character quite a bit as someone who ported over the Bethany 7 shape to Genesis 8.1 because I still like it... but this Brooke bundle does nothing for me.

There are good parts to the bundle (not saying that the pieces are poor quality)... but even with a discount for being a Daz simp/season pass idiot (price is $40.80 in my cart), there's not enough value/utility for me to want the bundle itself.

Yeah, the bundle wasn't worth it, but the three items I wanted from the bundle worked out cheaper anyway. 

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

The Blurst of Times said:

Damsel said:

There are good parts to the bundle (not saying that the pieces are poor quality)... but even with a discount for being a Daz simp/season pass idiot (price is $40.80 in my cart), there's not enough value/utility for me to want the bundle itself.

I think this was one big mistake. Not the season pass itself, but the way that Daz has handled it. That season pass should have been a real blockbuster. Now some of the season pass holders are regretting their trust in Daz. It should have been the other way. If Daz would have done this well, then everyone NOT having a season pass should feel disappointed. I would suggest a couple of extra lecture hours for Daz marketing. Titled: basic marketing concepts.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited April 2021

Envixer said:

Yeah, the bundle wasn't worth it, but the three items I wanted from the bundle worked out cheaper anyway. 

I'm hoping the sum total of the season pass will be worth it in the end. I like collecting base figures, so there's that, and I do like Brooke.

If anything, the value in the pass so far is in skipping the expense of the bundle, which is kind of sad.

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I think this was one big mistake. Not the season pass itself, but the way that Daz has handled it. That season pass should have been a real blockbuster. Now some of the season pass holders are regretting their trust in Daz. It should have been the other way. If Daz would have done this well, then everyone NOT having a season pass should feel disappointed. I would suggest a couple of extra lecture hours for Daz marketing. Titled: basic marketing concepts.

Yeah, if they want to do season passes, they need to be a lot more open with information. (EDIT: Trust? Give me more information, especially now.) Fortnite has a LOT more presence on social media... and I mean, a middle aged woman?

I like Brooke, but this is starting off the race with a soccer mom minivan.

Someone needs to think this stuff through a little better, IMO.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on

Envixer said:

Wonderland said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Wonderland said:

ParallaxCreates said:

Jabba said:

Well, she's promoted as a wealthy businesswoman, so it's likely she owns the low income housing, and has many young men chasing her for her money.

Ugh. So she’s a terrible landlord who makes her tenants live in sub-par conditions, wears lingerie that she shouldn’t be wearing and pays young hot men to be her boyfriend or to be in photo ops? That’s infinitely worse lol. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

TJohn said:

I really LIKE her body shape. It looks a lot more natural than a lot of morphs I've seen for heavier people (except for some weirdness around the outer elbow. Her face tho...urgh. It just looks "off" to me. And the skin is atrocious. I've seen a lot of heavy people, but I've NEVER seen one with cellulite on their FACE. Also, the mouth is wonky. If I got her, it would be on a deep sale someday down the road and only IF she was really discounted and IF the NFTs disappear from the site. 

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

She does look like she has cellulite on her face, and that is a little strange. When I think of "socialite" I think of Paris Hilton, not an overweight gal, although I'm all for representing curvy ladies.  My first thought when I saw her was I'm glad I didn't get the Season Pass.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,905

I really LIKE her body shape. It looks a lot more natural than a lot of morphs I've seen for heavier people (except for some weirdness around the outer elbow. Her face tho...urgh. It just looks "off" to me. And the skin is atrocious. I've seen a lot of heavy people, but I've NEVER seen one with cellulite on their FACE. Also, the mouth is wonky. If I got her, it would be on a deep sale someday down the road and only IF she was really discounted and IF the NFTs disappear from the site. 

I know a few women who have skin like that on their face and they cake on the foundation to hide it and then they get that glisten look that makes their face look super oily. When I saw the character yesterday, my second thought after how disappointed I was in my decision to get the pass was how very much the character looked like someone I know right down to the face divets, or cellulite if you will, who would be mortified that someone would want to highlight that. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Wonderland said:

Envixer said:

Wonderland said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Wonderland said:

ParallaxCreates said:

Jabba said:

Ugh. So she’s a terrible landlord who makes her tenants live in sub-par conditions, wears lingerie that she shouldn’t be wearing and pays young hot men to be her boyfriend or to be in photo ops? That’s infinitely worse lol. 

Now, who's to say what she "shouldn't be wearing?" I guess that would be up to her LOL. I'm sure there are a lot of fellas that like a little chub on their women. My husband is one of em ;). 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

This isn't the kind of attire you expect from the top anchor at the top news station in NYC

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

The indentations on her face could be acne scarring hidden with a bunch of makeup I suppose. I don't know many news anchors who are allowed to be that heavy unless pregnant. I don't mean to insult overweight people though. I think actresses and news anchors generally have to be a bit underweight in real life to appear slender on camera.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Wonderland said:

... it would have made more sense if the core character was a struggling lingerie model who lived in a tenement with a hot boyfriend who pretended to be paparazzi as a publicity stunt to help make her famous.

That would have been great!

On another note, if she's a socialite, she would have better/smoother skin. Money can do wonders for that sort of thing. And if you're on TV, you're also probably going to do what you can for your skin. Is there a way to reduce the cellulite effect while still keeping the basic shape of the morph? I won't mention the fact that she'd also likely have breast implants, because that's not universal. But let's face it: with socialites, it is very common. 

It's entirely possible that she was "a business woman" when she was being created. I can easily see a business woman looking like that. Then, I imagine, two other people (or teams) came up with the other stuff and didn't think it through/didn't care about the details/didn't think we'd notice. 

Would love to see more renders of her, especially in low light. There's GOT to be a way to make PBR skin look good in dim lighting, right? Daz wouldn't release a whole shader that only functions in bright lights... would they? The only PBR-skinned character I have is Torment, and I haven't used them too much because of the 4.15 requirement. 

• Sevrin said:

This isn't the kind of attire you expect from the top anchor at the top news station in NYC

You're absolutely right and I was aware of it but I had to make a choice. The choice was how would I present these poses in such a manner that would an individual could appreciate the body language and positioning of the poses since what I am advertizing is poses and not clothing :)

edited April 2021

OK, I have a new story. A once young beautiful socialite was hired by a news station based solely on her looks. But once she hit 40, poor Brooke was fired and replaced with a younger prettier socialite. Descending into depression, Brooke ate nothing but McDonalds and Red Bull, lost her hot boyfriend Zak, was forced to move from Park Avenue to the tenements, and TMZ and paparazzi are following her around to humiliate her in “Where are they now?” Sad, but plausible...

Post edited by Wonderland on

Wonderland said:

OK, I have a new story. A once young beautiful socialite was hired by a news station based solely on her looks. But once she hit 40, poor Brooke was fired and replaced with a younger prettier socialite. Descending into depression, Brooke ate nothing but McDonalds and Red Bull, lost her hot boyfriend Zak, was forced to move from Park Avenue to the tenements, and TMZ and paparazzi are following her around to humiliate her in “Where are they now?” Sad, but plausible...

Zak could also be her love child. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963

People are paying way more attention to the flavor text than I think I've ever seen before, and also wow people are just being nasty for no reason at this point.

AlmightyQUEST said:

People are paying way more attention to the flavor text than I think I've ever seen before, and also wow people are just being nasty for no reason at this point.

Well, to be fair, the flavour text is particularly nonsensical with this character.  "Famous for Being Famous" is pretty nasty in itself.  Poor Brooke, however has the additional burden of being the vanguard of Daz's Season Pass characters.  They set her up for this. 

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    edited April 2021

vwrangler said:

Jabba said:

Looks like they've finally put a character somewhere near where Bethany 7 was aimed -- although she is shorter and looks a bit older. (I'd swear that face is modeled after someone famous; it looks really familiar somehow.)

She reminds me of Megan Trainor. 

Post edited by Petra on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    edited April 2021

Has anybody taken a look at the contest details in the season pass page?

Show Brooke 8.1 in her element! She is a strong independent New Yorker in the business industry.

The "business industry"? I can't decide if that's a tautology or an oxymoron.

Brooke 8.1 is a middle aged, confident and professional woman. We want to see your interpretations of that.
    Entries will be judged by Daz Employees and will be based on lighting, texture creativity and the career-professional theme. 

Is she a socialite, a newsanchor, or a businesswoman?

The messaging for this character--this flagship character--is all over the place. No wonder the bundle is also all over the place.

Post edited by margrave on

margrave said:

Has anybody taken a look at the contest details in the season pass page?

Show Brooke 8.1 in her element! She is a strong independent New Yorker in the business industry.

The "business industry"? I can't decide if that's a tautology or an oxymoron.

Brooke 8.1 is a middle aged, confident and professional woman. We want to see your interpretations of that.
    Entries will be judged by Daz Employees and will be based on lighting, texture creativity and the career-professional theme. 

Is she a socialite, a newsanchor, or a businesswoman?

The messaging for this character--this flagship character--is all over the place. No wonder the bundle is also all over the place.

Maybe originally a business woman and then they saw this and changed it to socialite? : https://pagesix.com/2021/04/05/kardashian-team-working-hard-to-remove-unwanted-khloe-photo/

• supernoobsupernoob Posts: 153

phew, glad to see I dodged a bullet with the season pass

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

What is "texture creativity"? You mean like reducing the bump map? Doesn't matter though, it's not like contest judges ever remember to use the rules they set.

• JeniMorrisJeniMorris Posts: 144
    edited April 2021

I do think she's a cutie- I also don't get the toe/toenail issue FYI ;-)

TestSM.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 3M
    BrookeBody.jpg
    2400 x 3000 - 3M
    Post edited by JeniMorris on