Brooke 8.1... Yes, finally ! ! !

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,592

margrave said:

FSMCDesigns said:

I never pay any attention to any of the DAZ marketing blurbs because it's all imaginary 3D and I can make any figure fit any scenario I want, so I don't rely on DAZ trying to market any figure a certain way. I find it really weird when anyone does.

You say that, but the themed contests they're running for season pass holders require participants to follow the theme.

Ah, wasn't aware since I am not a season pass holder. Carry on then! yes

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454

Looks like she's got stretch marks on her tummy. That's pretty realistic. I can attest that being heavy in the belly area will do that, even if one has never had kids.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Jen, why on earth aren't you doing the promos for the base character??? I would have snapped her up in a heartbeat if I'd seen those as the promos! that's the best I've seen her! 

JeniMorris said:

I do think she's a cutie- I also don't get the toe/toenail issue FYI ;-)

• jukingeojukingeo Posts: 693
    edited April 2021

JeniMorris said:

Indeed.  Cute and chunkay!

I have been trying to go for more realistic looking ladies myself.   Just prior to Brook's release, I have created a variant on Jenni 8 (see attached photos).  I have given her a different skin that looks more realistic.  While she initally was designed to be a "Plain Jane" with a little bit of weight on her, I have found she looks rather awesome in business attire.  I think Brook might be a good canditate for this attire as well.   In the second picture, I added the glasses by mistake and she looks great in those.   So I do have to give kudos to those that create figures with nice skin.  I know I am going to use this variant of Jenni a lot.  In fact because of this, I probably am going to pass on Brook for now.

(Note:  I didn't make the renders large here as I don't want others to think I have created Jenny (Jenni) from Brooke.)

Jenny-DressWBolero-BookcasePose1.png
    1622 x 2100 - 5M
    Jenny-BlackRedBusinessSuit-ShowingLeg.png
    1623 x 2100 - 5M
    Post edited by jukingeo on
  • XtraDimensionalXtraDimensional Posts: 509
    edited April 2021

I shall just quietly leave my submission for this contest thing here (you can click it and go "like" my gallery entry if you want, but I know I can never compete with the gallery regulars, so don't feel pressed, lol)

She's not that bad a character. Lips are thin, but it gives a little more realism, I feel. 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5422952254275584#image=1138307
    Post edited by XtraDimensional on
  • JeniMorris said:

<3

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

These renders are stunning Jen. I took her out but I'm reconsidering putting Brooke back in my cart.
  • JeniMorrisJeniMorris Posts: 144

Thanks jakiblue and ALLIEKATBLUE ;-)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,524

JeniMorris said:

Really nice, that is the age range that fits her facial features/proportions. 

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606

What I said in the other thread because I'm too lazy to type it again - 

Brooke's skin looks like it could grate cheese. Girl needs to visit a dermatologist, stat. Folks are so focused on the 'YAY! A REALISTIC BODY SHAPE!' Well, we can get that with morphs and any base character. I rate new characters on their skin and her skin is just an over-normaled mess with no sss or actual detail. And there still is something definitely not quite right about her mouth. 

Hey, DazDermatologist 8.1 is going to need patients. Have you thought about that? Lol.
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606

FSMCDesigns said:

Wonderland said:

ParallaxCreates said:

Jabba said:

Finally somebody who isn't all muscles and tight skin - this is the realism I've been wanting - a step closer to my Frazetta ideal.

I would imagine the "problem" with too much realism is that perfection sells, but I really hope Brooke is a success and we get more characters along these lines.

But what's Zak doing in the bundle?  Maybe her boyfriend, so Brooke might be a bit of a cougar, hehehe.

She's great! I contributed to the bundle with that Breaking News Props and Poses product and pose products are not my niche. It's just she is such a great character I was easily inspired to want to bring her to life via some kind of animated outlet. I treated her with the proper care a unique character as herself deserves.

She has a certain individualism about her and it was infectous. What's great is that Daz is making strides in delivering these type of unique characters and the best part is, the end result is amazing.

I'm glad you like her and just like you I hope to see more like her in the future and it seems Daz knows that too!

I would have purchased the bundle if a Mousso type character was the core character and this would have made more sense as far as the marketing. I am definitely NOT interested in more characters like Brooke and hope Daz knows that...  

that is probably a tough call. While I agree with you, it seems that anytime a hot, young, model type female character is released, the forum erupts with displeasure over yet another one, lack of variety, or lacking in details, yet they are still released regularly which probably means they are selling and the vocal minority in the forums are not the target audience. Kinda makes me wonder, when a niche, mature, outside the box character is released a few on the forums praise her, but are they really selliing well or do the majority of users just pass on them.

I think the marketing on the bundle is super confusing. Is she famous for just being famous? A news reporter? A business person? Why is lingerie, a hot male hunk, and low income housing being sold with her? The whole thing makes no sense. That said, I could use everything in the bundle, except her, because I already have enough morphs to create something similar if needed. And so far I have never needed to create such a character. I really don’t need any more characters (or anything at all) but can always use more lingerie, hair, and nice skins and makeup I can add to my toolkit.  I never use characters as is anyway, but don’t see anything I would possibly use Brooke for.

I’m definitely the wrong target market for Brooke, but I like the bundle without her. I think they really put the wrong bundle together and it would have made more sense if the core character was a struggling lingerie model who lived in a tenement with a hot boyfriend who pretended to be paparazzi as a publicity stunt to help make her famous. Daz is really bad at story telling.,.

I can see your point. The way I saw it is she's "YouTube famous", lives in this newly gentrified trendy place. Probably does those "unboxing"/shopping haul videos with lingerie, etc. The guy is her "assistant" or "bestie" that she shares gossip with on her channel. I got some really strong Trisha Paytas vibes from her when I first saw the bundle.
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,798

here is one of her I made, HD version out of the box, only change is that I used the higher SSS settings. No toenail problem

see in the gallery for higher resolution

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited April 2021

Here is Brooke with Noemi skin.

Brooke_sitting01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 820K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Brooke 8.1 wants to speak to your manager. :p

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,610

tsarist said:

melissastjames said:

What I said in the other thread because I'm too lazy to type it again - 

Brooke's skin looks like it could grate cheese. Girl needs to visit a dermatologist, stat. Folks are so focused on the 'YAY! A REALISTIC BODY SHAPE!' Well, we can get that with morphs and any base character. I rate new characters on their skin and her skin is just an over-normaled mess with no sss or actual detail. And there still is something definitely not quite right about her mouth. 

Hey, DazDermatologist 8.1 is going to need patients. Have you thought about that? Lol.

Haha! Others have been posting shots where the skin looks much better. The promos of her are definitely not showing her in the best light. (I still think the entire concept of tiled micronormals on human skin is silly though, lol.) 

• There have been some markedly offensive comments on weight, health, and appearance. The thread has been trimmed, please do not post further remarks of this kind.

• EnvixerEnvixer Posts: 58
    edited April 2021

While I didn't make any changes to her skin, I did give her more of an upper lip...

Post edited by Envixer on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited April 2021

Here are a few reners.  The first is using the "No Makeup" option, seccond is with makeup, and in the third she's wearing glasses.

Brooke004.png
    1500 x 1500 - 5M
    Brooke005.png
    1500 x 1500 - 5M
    Brooke007.png
    1600 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756
    edited April 2021

I rendered her yesterday. She reminds me of my older sister. I liked Brooke and see her as a woman who has worked her way up in business, living a life that was sometimes hard, but has a heart. And like many ended up in New York City in a trendy renovated neighborhood. She mentors young people, passing on the help that helped her to rise up from poverty. 

I didn't pay attention to her toes to be honest, but her face is default, with one of the makeups applied. I have to applaud Daz, they heard my complaints about the garish makeups that have been in previous Core characters. All the makeups seem to be what a normal woman would wear. Good work. Her body does make it a challenge in posing and then simulating clothes. I first tried a sitting pose and between the pose, the hand and stomach, and the outfit and chair, it was one explosion after another. I gave up, changed the pose, scene and started again. But my issues may be my fault alone and lack of experience with her. 

Her lighting is the default lighting in DS, no portrait lighting added. I liked how she looked as if someone had taken a snap of her on the street.

Mary

Edit to add: I loaded her up, checked her toes, normal. But she loaded with a duplicate ID hit against Maelwenn's Real Bodies Bella, which is weird, the two names are not even close.

Brooke 8_1.png
    2000 x 2000 - 6M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on

Psyckosama said:

Brooke 8.1 wants to speak to your manager. :p

LMAO, should her name be changed to Karen 8.1?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I really like the thin lips. There are so few characters with less  pronounced lips it is nice to see realistic representation.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

I tried a few face mixes.

First is 50% Brooke, 50% Ms Rin

Next is 50% Brooke, 50% Gayle

Brooke 8v1 Mix Test 50 Brooke 50 Ms Rin.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Brooke 8v1 Mix Test 50 Brooke 50 Gayle.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 142

I don't get all the negativity. Sure Brooke isn't a sculpted goddess but longtime members here have always asked for more average core characters. There are plenty of other Barbies to purchase and I'm pretty sure a couple more will be released during this "Season."

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

I think it just might be the worst texture I've ever seen on a DO. Seriously.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890
    edited April 2021

I realize a lot of folks like full lips and they look awesome, but I know a number of women with fairly thin lips and it's nice to have a range.

It's also a bit trivial to apply lip shape morphs if one is so inclined.

Post edited by Oso3D on

Oso3D said:

It's also a bit trivial to apply lip shape morphs if one is so inclined.

Exactly, just any other morph. I like the Bluejaunte characters, but their noses are always to big and wide for my tastes and it's an easy fix with other morphs and doesn't stop me from buying them.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

I'm one of those people who want more characters like this. Aside from the toes, she looks great. But there is no way in hell I'm paying over $40 for a single HD figure. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Vyusur said:

Here she looks sooo much better! Shows that the original iRay shaders look so much better than the new “PBR” ones which is the main reason I’m not purchasing any G8.1 characters. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Wonderland said:

Vyusur said:

Here she looks sooo much better! Shows that the original iRay shaders look so much better than the new “PBR” ones which is the main reason I’m not purchasing any G8.1 characters. 

It's not necessary to abstain entirely.  Some PAs include, at least for the time being, Uber Shader materials, as well as the "PBR" shader.  Mousso's Ginny, for instance, includes both, and in fact, even includes a G8.0 version of the character.

And yeah, the skin is the big problem with Brooke 8.1, not the morph.  I frequently find myself thinning the lips on characters, so that part I like.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

Brooke with a few tweaks.

Kijito.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 580K