Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...already did that earlier today. 

Still feel tired.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,728

I miss Misty.  Not just this forum's Misty but also my mum's Misty.   That Misty is okay, but I haven't visited my mum since March 2020.

22E86761-F80A-4391-9F1D-69BCD2AD3F20.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,877

I hope my cat empties for real now

I was washing my hair and he ate my comb harvest off the edge of my bath while I was rinsing

worried will get a bezoar or it tangled in intestines as long human hair not fur

it was rolled into a ball so hopefully will pass

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,020

Sfariah said:

I want bananas!

Yes, we have no bananas.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I was washing my hair and he ate my comb harvest off the edge of my bath while I was rinsing

worried will get a bezoar or it tangled in intestines as long human hair not fur

Hair, and elastic bands, would have to be able to pass in and out of the intestinal wall to get tangled - if you are thinking of the winding path of two lines in illustrations of the intestines, and thinking of the hair trying across one of the meanders.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited July 2022

I hope you cat empties effectively.

Hopefully he should, most cats are fairly well engineered and despite their obsessive addiction to eating weird stringy substances like hair, elastic and stray threads, unless they have a preexisting obstruction, it should pass... if it was a reasonable size clump of hair...
    Then again, some of hair balls my daughters remove from their brushes are big enough to upholster a regulation sized corgi (not the standard deep fried corgi, sized corgis)...(actual that reference might not land, I'm not sure if that older post was eaten by the forum or not)...
    But they don't remove the hair until the brush is almost unusable, so that results in scary large fur balls that most people probably generally don't allow to accumulate to that point.

Cats (as you probably know) can pass some really unusual materials...
    I had a cat many years ago, whose favorite holiday tradition was to acquire and devour tinsel... which resulted in the most festive holiday kitty poops. 
    You might be thinking "If she kept eating the tinsel, why did you keep using tinsel?"...
    Well, we didn't... after I realized she was eating it and we couldn't stop her, we banned it... yet somehow she still managed to acquire it.

I have no idea if there are back alley feline tinsel dealers or if she was breaking into people's homes and looting their tinsel, but she was getting it from somewhere... and not just the standard sliver or gold, but other colors like blue and red. 
    And this wasn't after Christmas either, when one might figure it was to be found on discarded trees in the sidewalk rubbish piles awaiting removal, this was as soon as people would start busting out the tinsel, she'd start popping out decorative Christmas poopies.

Apparently that’s not an unusual feline tradition or addiction, I’ve known several people who’ve had that problem (well, not to the degree my cat pursued it)… in fact a friend of mine still has a holiday ornament I made out of brown epoxy clay and gold tinsel that I presented him to celebrate his cat’s addiction.
    It’s very realistic and moist looking, and when he got married he had to discontinue the the tradition of displaying of it… apparently he still keeps it in the Hallmark ornament box I gave it to him in. 
    But anyway, sorry to divert… my point was, if the feline digestive system can pass copious amounts of long strands of Mylar, the hair should probably pass. 
    Hopefully. 
    I hope your kitty knew his limits and didn’t overdo it and this too shall pass.

Good luck.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I keep telling all my friends, eating mice and rats and lizards and snakes and baby bunny rabbits is better for cats!  Most of those don't grow hair or fur, and for the mice and rabbits, well the younger the prey, the less fur gets ingested, so fewer hairballs!  When cats live in condos and houses, all they sometimes get is hair comb harvest.  Or that other one, shower drain harvest.  That's no way for such noble creatures to live!  But when they live in the wild, they're too busy hunting to bother getting their hair shampooed or combed.  Hunting is time-intensive, and might even need to be done as a member of a pride.  Righteous cats just have no time to figure out how to come up with rent, property taxes, condo-owner fees, or decide what kind of chemicals should be added to the pool.  Free the cats!  Lizards and baby bunnys for all!  wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,877

Google sadly does not offer much reassurance 

they are indoor cats so I know exactly what comes out, will keep an eye on things yes

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,346

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Google sadly does not offer much reassurance 

they are indoor cats so I know exactly what comes out, will keep an eye on things yes

Well this might be a bit encouraging:  https://www.petcoach.co/question/?id=808078

I hope she does better. Otherise if she starts throwing up her food and not the hair you might consider contacting your vet.

Charlie Judge said:

Complaint: Out of nowhere tropical storm Colin is coming and we are under a tropical storm warning this weekend.

NonComplaint:  The storm died out before it ever got here.

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

Complaint: Out of nowhere tropical storm Colin is coming and we are under a tropical storm warning this weekend.

Probably same here.  I had a semi lazy day today, but I did get a lot of writing done. 

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

I turned it off for you in the settings.  As it so happens, there's an app for that! 

What is Daz Studio 5?  I see it listed in my DIM.

Subtropic Pixel said:

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

I turned it off for you in the settings.  As it so happens, there's an app for that! 

I need that app. Does it work for hurricanes? 

Charlie Judge said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

No that is in the next version but only in the ultra pro version. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189

Sfariah said:

Charlie Judge said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

By yearly subscription only. 

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah said:

Charlie Judge said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

By yearly subscription only. 

Which you have to pay monthly or get big fines! 

Non-complaint:  Mmmm... I love hot English-Muffins spread with peanut butter for breakfast.  Mmmm... tasty!heart

Complaint:  Arghhh... while eating breakfast at my computer, I got an unnoticed tiny glob of peanut butter on my index finger and it is now spread thinly, and completely around my mouse's scroll wheel.   Ack!frown

edited July 2022

Complaint:  Arghhh... Windows update SNAFU.frown   I keep my computers all up-to-date with Microsoft's recommended updates.  All of them, except one, have updated everytime without issue.  Unfortunately, beginning several weeks ago, one machine (Asus B360M-A motherboard; i5-8600 CPU; Samsung 970-EVO-Plus 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD) refuses to accept either the preview update #KB014666 or the latest proper update #KB014699.  Says "files missing".  It's a known (yet unresolved) problem on the Internet.  I tried several remedies from the Internet, none worked.  I even tried doing an in-place reinstallation of Win10, which succeeded but wouldn't update the "..699" patch.  Troubleshoot finds nothing wrong.  I finally gave up and removed all attached storage drives, replaced the system drive with an identical, but virgin, M.2 SSD, did a complete virgin reinstall from USB thumbdrive, then let it perform all updates.

I'm still waiting for it to finish, but I don't have much hope.  I think it is some issue with drivers on this board.  Stay tuned. ...

Non-complaint:  Ooh, ooh, it worked!  #..699 is installed.  Yay!  Happy, happy, joy, joy!  Wheee...smiley  

Complaint:  Oof, now I have to reattach all my other drives, and reconfigure my login accounts, and copy over their data and reinstall all those handy programs & apps.sad

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

I;ve had good luck with  fixing stalled or incomplete updates with the following..

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
    2. Enter Commands:
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits
    3. Press Windows key + R then type the path name:
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    4. Select all of it's contents then right-click and select Delete.
    5. Open Command Prompt as Administrator again.
    6. Type the commands:
    net start wuauserv
    net start bits
    7. Restart the device and try updating again.

edited July 2022

Well, that might have worked, but I did try something like that during one of my attempts.  But it's always nice to get advice about how to close my barn door after the horse escapes.  I'll be ready next time.yes

I suspect that the issue is related to the fact that this used to be my original "MommaBear" machine and the last time I got done playing musical computer cases, drives & tools, I wimped out and did not do a complete virgin installation of Win10, but let it upgrade from the remainders of the numerous previous upgrades & updates and the previous configuration.  Probably sometime, over the years, something got boogered and didn't show up until patch #..699.indecision

Original MommaBear(Janus) had been replaced and all her functions taken over by new MommaBear(Titan).  She'd been relegated to being an online backup/emergency machine.  But even those duties have now been reassigned to other machines.  Sigh,  oh, well...,  I was looking for an excuse to rebuild the contents of that computer properly, so I guess this is it.indecision

I am having some issues with smart content.  It is showing that nothing is installed but I thought there were some stuff installed.

...ugh more wet tomorrow, Thought we were done with rain until late September. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,529

kyoto kid said:

...ugh more wet tomorrow, Thought we were done with rain until late September. 

Here, the temperatures have plummeted, 23C (73F)  in the afternoon, 13C (55F) in the morning, the next couple of weeks... Rain and more rain...

edited July 2022

...yeah still a bit weary of the overly wet, dreary, and chilly spring we had even for Northwest standards.  At least the 4th was nice.  

If I could afford to live in San Diego CA or Hilo Hawai'i, I'd be there.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...frustration vent.

Beginning to see the limitation of remaining with G3 as it just doesn't seem to have  been as well supported as well as even G2, and certainly not to the extent G8 has been. While I still have a ways to go I have been compelled to slowly pick up G8 utilities during the various recent sales, sadly some of which were never released for G3.  I guess my biggest disappointment was all the really cool and unique characters that were released for G8 that never were available for G3. Other than a couple fey, 3DU's child, and a few horror/fantasy themed characters, G3 was still primarily just the "Daz Stable" figures updated.

I thought of simply converting G8 ones to G3 but some custom morphs and all HD morphs don't transfer. Then there is the issue of hierarchical presets for poses and materials. In looking to go the other way, it seems there is an issue with X-Transfer (which transfers morphs and shapes from G3 to G8) in Daz 4.20 so transferring my custom G3 characters over to G8 is pretty much out unless i backtrack to an older version.

...and now we have new characters and content being released exclusively for G8.1 [insert a Charlie Brown "Auuuuuugh!" here].

One of my initial misgivings about G8 was the move to dForce clothing and hair,  I find it has a serious impact on the workflow having to wait 15 - 20 min to run a sim on my system for each character and pose.  I know it's more convenient (from what I heard) for the PAs but when you are on older hardware, it is a serious time sink.  Even the "other store" has pretty much gone to dForce for Daz content. 

With the old Poser there was only a small collection of "dynamic" clothing and hair, but Daz has seemed to reverse that approach with only an item here and there that isn't dForce (mostly medieval, cotemporary, and futuristic armour or anything that needs to stay rigid).  I find it odd that clothing like jeans, slacks, and shirts are dForce when they have few if any "flowing" parts. I've also had some dForce clothing not work the way it was supposed to at all  Supposedly some content is said to work as either fitted or dForce but that rarely is mentioned in the product description or even the readme so it's sort of a "crap shoot".  Don't really feel like submitting a lot of refund tickets for items that end up not working without running a time consuming sim.

Yeah feel I'm at a bit of a watershed here.  It seems similar to how cars are marketed in that every couple years it's time to trade in the old buggy for the latest adn greatst model.  Unfortunately that cannot be done with 3D content.(at least after the 30 day refund period) so we jsut have to absorb the cost (in looking at y full expenditure since I got into this I am rather shocked at the einvestment evne adjusted for discounts and such). 

Recently in the  IM I saw a filter for Daz5.0  which likely will mean  a new Genesis iteration, and here we go all over again.  Finding it harder and harder to keep up with the Mikes and Vickies on the  block.

edited July 2022

Complaint:  Microsoft "Troubleshoot" tools suck royal swamp water.cheeky  Or are possibly as useful as snot on a doorknob*.frown

* A shout-out to Tennessee Ernie Ford.  (Look him up, young-uns.)  

I didn't find the exact clip I was after, but the actual phrase was "...slicker'n snot on a doorknob." ( of all the bodily fluids that could possibly be applied to the latch mechanism of an aperture, only this, I find amusing.indecision)

A sample of the "Cousin Ernie" character from one of his three appearance on the early I Love Lucy episodes.

https://www.facebook.com/ilovelucyscenes/videos/the-wicked-city-woman-scene-from-the-episode-tennessee-ernie-visits/2030109507089234/

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,529

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Microsoft "Troubleshoot" tools suck royal swamp water.cheeky  Or possibly as useful as snot on a doorknob*.frown

* A shout-out to Tennessee Ernie Ford.  (Look him up, young-uns.)

Not to mention their 'repair' tools... devil 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited July 2022

Complaint: The forums are constantly stalling or 502ing... this makes me more likely to read something current affairs related, which just makes me angry, anger leads to the dark side and then I'm dressing as Darth Vader, and it's too warm for that.

The worst part is I know, given the track record, that if they ever replace the forum software with anything newer, it will be infinitely worse.

Post edited by McGyver on

I want coffee!  Also trying to figure out lunch as my food supplies are dwindling with each meal.

This discussion has been closed.