Genesis 9 Coming Soon! Preorder Victoria 9 HD Today

Comments

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 641
    edited October 2022

frank0314 said:

vrba79 said:

I've never understood the concept of pre-ordering a digital good...because It's digital. There's no "Oh no! We ran out on the first day, and have to wait for a new shipment!"

It's about the price you can get the product for on pre-order. On preorder you are getting a much bigger discount than you will at realese.

"There'll always be another sale" (tm) 

No need to rush into buying something, especially an unknown something.

Post edited by ColinFrench on
  • beregarberegar Posts: 269

vrba79 said:

My thoughts:

I've never understood the concept of pre-ordering a digital good...because It's digital. There's no "Oh no! We ran out on the first day, and have to wait for a new shipment!"

I've never understood the concept of pre-ordering a physical item since what's the point? I mean what do you get out of it that others don't since the physical pre-orders don't usually include any extras. Usually with digital pre-oders you get extra exclusive stuff that (usually) won't be available later for others.

• beregar said:

I've never understood the concept of pre-ordering a physical item since what's the point? 

Usually there is a discount for preordering physical items and often a bundled item may be included or offered at a discount as well, books and music are two items that come to mind as well as some cookware 

• beregar said:

vrba79 said:

My thoughts:

I've never understood the concept of pre-ordering a physical item since what's the point? I mean what do you get out of it that others don't since the physical pre-orders don't usually include any extras. Usually with digital pre-oders you get extra exclusive stuff that (usually) won't be available later for others.

When I was a kid, I would always preordered the new Super Nintendo games that were going to be super popular before they came out otherwise it'd take weeks until the stores had them in stock again. Didn't want to be the one kid that didn't have the new Mortal Kombat game and get annihilated when you go over to a friends house for a sleepover who'd been playing it non-stop since it came out lol. Do I preorder things now? No because by the time I have enough free time to delve into something, the stores have it all in stock anytime I walk in. But I also see zero reason to preorder a digital item since there won't be a shortage on the first day. Sure, if the freebies were something I was interested in, cool, but I don't really care for what they're offering for free with the Victoria 9 bundle, so I'll wait and see what's all in the bundle as well as finding out more information that hasn't been released yet that we're all wondering about in regards to G9. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,049

beregar said:

vrba79 said:

My thoughts:

I've never understood the concept of pre-ordering a physical item since what's the point?

Being sure you'll get one when the quatity is limited?

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    That's the point I was making. Preordering a physical product, especially a hotly awaited one, ensures that you'll get one on release day. Digital stuff doesn't run out.
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,962
    edited October 2022
    And two of the three main reasons have already been discussed here several times. You may get extra items for pre-ordering, which is what they are doing here and is common with video games. You might get a better discount than what the item will have at release. Or for things like kick starter, you're putting money up front to fund a project that might not get made at all otherwise.
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited October 2022

Interesting that the price has gone up, yet there was never any mention in any of the marketing materials that you needed to pre order within the first two weeks to receive special pre-order pricing (or at least not that I could find). In fact, there was no indication that the pre-order price was a special pre-order only price, just that if you pre-ordered you would get extra free item(s).

IMHO, this just further erodes my opinion of the direction DAZ3D is taking. If you plan on increasing the price on or before release, let your customers know! For people who might be on the fence about purchasing, It could easily help them make the decision to get it now instead of later.

With this price increase I can guarantee that I won't be purchasing V9 or the V9 bundle before or on release. Which is a loss in sales for DAZ, because I was going to at the very least purchase V9, or the bundle if it included "everything". Now I'll wait for a better price, and if that never happens, that's OK too because I probably didn't really need it. IMHO this is not the way you treat loyal customers. It's simple, just give us the information we need to make an informed decision, and quit playing stupid little games!!! Given this development, I may never buy V9. I guess I'm just not in the right demographic to enjoy shopping here anymore.

Sorry for the rant, off my soap box now (and off to see what deals rendo has on sale).

Post edited by DustRider on
  • DustRider said:

With this price increase I can guarantee that I won't be purchasing V9 or the V9 bundle before or on release. Which is a loss in sales for DAZ, because I was going to at the very least purchase V9, or the bundle if it included "everything". Now I'll wait for a better price, and if that never happens, that's OK too because I probably didn't really need it. 

Same. I might have bought one or the other if I had known the price was going to go up before release. I'm not buying either one now, for sure. Maybe eventually.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    I'm definitely out. They know why.
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,816

butterflyfish said:

DustRider said:

With this price increase I can guarantee that I won't be purchasing V9 or the V9 bundle before or on release. Which is a loss in sales for DAZ, because I was going to at the very least purchase V9, or the bundle if it included "everything". Now I'll wait for a better price, and if that never happens, that's OK too because I probably didn't really need it. 

Same. I might have bought one or the other if I had known the price was going to go up before release. I'm not buying either one now, for sure. Maybe eventually.

For whatever it's worth, the price has gone back down. 

• vwrangler said:

butterflyfish said:

DustRider said:

Interesting. I may buy it after all.

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

butterflyfish said:

vwrangler said:

butterflyfish said:

DustRider said:

Not until I know what's in it. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Gator said:

Ron Knights said:

I resisted the Genesis 8.1 characters because I had a feeling Genesis 9 would come around in short order. It appears I was right. Also, I fail to see the logic of preordering something, sight unseen. What is the incentive here?

Free Summer Bikini and Voss Hair. smiley

Kinda hope there is something more but I doubt it, I don't really care too much for either. 

The bundle does say it includes hair from outoftouch, one of my favorite hair vendors.

They used to be one of mine, but no bones, no dforce and no strand based hair.

I haven't bought their hair for a couple of years now.

• Nath said:

butterflyfish said:

vwrangler said:

butterflyfish said:

DustRider said:

It seems clearl they are not going to announce the contents, beyond what has been said already.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Nath said:

butterflyfish said:

vwrangler said:

butterflyfish said:

DustRider said:

Me too! I'm excited about genesis 9 but I don't really do pin ups so I won't need Vicki straight away. More keen to get my hands on the base figure and see what it can do. 

In regards to buying early in general. I used to do that here and did when daz first released ds4 and there was a charge for it. Short time after they made it free. I no longer buy early as someone said earlier there is always another sale. 

• frank0314 said:

vrba79 said:

My thoughts:

I'm glad to see Genesis go back to the one figure does it all method. Only took DAZ3D almost a decade to realize this was always the way to go!

Even if I'm given sufficient reason to end my boycott, I'm definitely in the wait and see camp. A lot of people have brought up some valid concerns.

It's about the price you can get the product for on pre-order. On preorder you are getting a much bigger discount than you will at realese.

Has it been confirmed that the preorder discount is better than the release day discount?  I was expecting something like what we used to see and a discount in the 60-something percent range that increases as we add extra items.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

nicstt said:

Gator said:

Ron Knights said:

I resisted the Genesis 8.1 characters because I had a feeling Genesis 9 would come around in short order. It appears I was right. Also, I fail to see the logic of preordering something, sight unseen. What is the incentive here?

Free Summer Bikini and Voss Hair. smiley

Kinda hope there is something more but I doubt it, I don't really care too much for either. 

The bundle does say it includes hair from outoftouch, one of my favorite hair vendors.

They used to be one of mine, but no bones, no dforce and no strand based hair.

I haven't bought their hair for a couple of years now.

Zbrush and the bridge is a game-changer.  smiley

If an item has bones it's not too bad, but often times with morphs I spend more time fiddling around finding the right ones vs. just shooting it over to Zbrush, make some quick changes, and shoot it back over as a new morph. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

Richard Haseltine said:

Nath said:

butterflyfish said:

vwrangler said:

butterflyfish said:

DustRider said:

It seems clearl they are not going to announce the contents, beyond what has been said already.

Oh, I came to that conclusion a while back. Which is why I'm not preordering.

I rarely use everything in a character bundle and quite often it's significantly cheaper to get the parts that I do like and have a use for (as with today's Crow bundle). Any exclusives in a bundle, I'm sure I can happily live without them.

I'm looking forward to trying out the basic Genesis 9 figure and see what can be done with it before throwing more money at the new generation (except probably things like face and body morphs).

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552
    edited October 2022

I may be way off base here but, if you review the images for both bundles I think one can make a guess or two as to a couple of things that might be in the bundles.  For instance, the red hair in the promos maybe (not the Voss hair)?  I also think I saw a possible new outfit on the model on the red couch?  And possible a few other things.?   wink

Post edited by Muon Quark on
  • More info coming in next Video Stream :-)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2022

Catherine3678ab said:

More info coming in next Video Stream :-)

Is the guy on the right (image left) OSO3D? laugh

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Have the frequently asked questions been released yet? I thought they were going to do something when this thread was first started but I seem to have missed it.

• Pendraia said:

Have the frequently asked questions been released yet? I thought they were going to do something when this thread was first started but I seem to have missed it.

no, they should be out approximately 17 nanoseconds before the bundle gets released

rofl...so things haven't changed and are still Daz soon.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

They made a blog post basically just repeating what they already told us, which is basically nothing, even tho we were promised a FAQ. "The figure exists, expect it middle of October, here's a picture and she has these few new things." That's it. Oh, and "Preorder now for yada, yada, yada". indecision

• generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 504
    edited October 2022

Ya well, then don't preorder. It will be cheaper later...

Since i preordered, i'd also prefer things to be reasonable, like them discounting the pro bundle in a reasonable way for buyers of the preorder-bundle, or maybe the pro bundle isn't necessary. E.g. if a "male pro bundle" also gave you female-female gens, or if they were already contained in the preorder-bundle, it would be less of an issue. 

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • i think next week will we know more :)
    4.21 is now in the changelogs to find...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,519

Twilight76 said:

i think next week will we know more :)
    4.21 is now in the changelogs to find...

Minimum R510 driver is 512.78 on Windows
    ​Minimum R515 driver is 516.93 on Windows

End of W7 support.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2022

AllenArt said:

They made a blog post basically just repeating what they already told us, which is basically nothing, even tho we were promised a FAQ. "The figure exists, expect it middle of October, here's a picture and she has these few new things." That's it. Oh, and "Preorder now for yada, yada, yada". indecision

I saw a comment by Jay to some IT Guy's video on YouTube that said: The bundle will include poses, several outfits, hairs, the 2 freebies and I forget what else except it seemed this bundle will have more than the typical bundle. Jay's post was meant to address the video's main complaint that the price of DAZ products keeps going up so Jay said, actually no, there is more product there.

I'd buy the bundle sight unseen right now except I just dropped $1500 on an Apple MacBook Air (not for DAZ usage though). I don't know when I'll buy it, it may be several months. I am getting a couple of cars up to snuff so I can sell one of them.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on