The I Miss the Old Days Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,728

Someone paid for my dinner last night.  That isn't a complaint.  My sweetheart and I were told the main meal was paid for.  We both got a baker's dozen of their rolls so that is all we had to pay for.  Definitely non compliant: when I said we, I meant my sweetheart paid for the meal.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited November 2022

Have you noticed the size of the family cars now.  Little more than hamster cages.devil  I remember when an automobile was a 2 ton block of iron and chrome that could fly through the 1st floor of brick buildings, not bounce off of them, 20 feet off the ground, after hitting a dog.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited November 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

Have you noticed the size of the family cars now.  Little more than hamster cages.devil  I remember when an automobile was a 2 ton block of iron and chrome that could fly through the 1st floor of brick buildings, not bounce off of them, 20 feet off the ground, after hitting a dog.indecision

Like this?

The worst part is that tire is just like "Yeah?...What?" afterwards, like nothing happened.

It seems like at least a third of the accidents I see involve at least one vehicle flipping over and most aren't even SUVs...

There was one right in front of my house a while ago where some idiot decided to go around someone who was slowing down for a car coming out of someone's driveway and they clipped the across-the-street neighbor's car which was parked on the side of the road (no curbs here)... 

And that will happen again because someone always parks their car out by the road across the street and half the time I go to pull into my driveway some idiot going 60 mph just squeezes past me and that car and one day that car is going to be parked a little too far down or out and they are going to repeat that same stunt.

Post edited by McGyver on

Are these seriously actually some good products?

9544AA63-79BA-4469-9F38-6E4AE77DFB36.jpeg
    1000 x 1000 - 136K
    49840F60-73F8-468C-9721-E25A41BCFEB6.jpeg
    600 x 399 - 34K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

Sfariah said:

That first one makes her look sad.

Dana 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,221

DanaTA said:

Sfariah said:

Dana 

And/or like she's had the flesh ripped off her face. 

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

Sfariah said:

Dana 

And/or like she's had the flesh ripped off her face. 

Which, I'm sure, would make her sad!  wink

Dana 

I feel sick and want to go home.

Sfariah said:

I feel sick and want to go home.

Then, by all means, do so!

Dana 

I'm at home.  I took a nap and then ate dinner.

edited November 2022

Sfariah said:

I'm at home.  I took a nap and then ate dinner.

Its better than eating dinner on the bus and then napping in the middle...

You could drown in your soup.

Thats how Hannibal died.

Not the human liver and fava bean eating, Chianti swilling Hannibal Lecter...  the elephant riding, Roman fighting Carthaginian, Hannibal.

Nobody knows for sure how Hannibal died, but the uncle of the guy who painted the house of the guy who sold butt sponges* to the bath house where Hannibal used to have his morning poop, told the brother of butt sponge guy that when the Roman general Titus Quinctius Flamininus went looking for Hannibal at the castle of Prusias I of Bithynia where Hannibal was staying in exile, Hannibal who was pretty old (64 or 66, which was like Yoda old back then), decided have one last bowl of fig and sardine soup before facing Titus. 
    Hannibal hadn't taken his afternoon nap and he fell asleep while eating, falling forward into his soup and drowning, thus robbing Titus of his victory and the $12.50 Hannibal owed him from decades before. 

Some scholars say it wasn't the soup that killed him, but the poison Hannibal took fifteen minutes earlier, but since the butt sponge guy said he was found face down with two figs in his nostrils, I dare them to prove otherwise. 
    Some historians even say Hannibal cut himself on his sword while getting on a horse and the wound became infected and he died of a fever which caused him to keel over into a bowl of fig pudding (according to a different butt sponge guy) which may or may not have been the cause of death, or the other butt sponge guy could have been making that up to get on the news... which back then was some guy shouting the days events from a balcony.

Either way, falling asleep in you food can be messy and dangerous, so it's alway best to nap before or after you eat not during. 
    And if likewise don't get on your horse with your dirty sword drawn or you'll possibly die a figgy death like Hannibal.

* The Roman "butt sponge", a sea sponge attached to a stick which they used in place of a hedgehog attached to a stick like the Spartans did, and because toilet paper wasn't invented yet, was technically called a "Tersorium" which literally means something like "a thing for wiping", but basically everyone knew it was a "butt sponge". 
    The Tersorium were also a lot more environmentally friendly than toilet paper too, because they would be reused hundreds, if not thousands of times before they fell apart exposing the splintery stick beneath.  By comparison toilet paper is extremely wasteful as the most you can reuse it is three or four times if you are very careful.

Post edited by McGyver on

Some people seem to waste their toilet paper.  It is almost like they use an entire roll each visit,  might be a little bit of an exaggeration but still true to the meaning.

• Noncomplaint: With the CyberMonday sale I cleared most of my wishlist.

Complaint: I spent way more than I can afford. It looks like it will be a lean Holiday sale for me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

..same here, but did get a lot of nice stuff (including some really expensive items) off the wishlist  for a mere pittance.  Even got pretty much everything for less than the "best price"  from the Daz Deals plugin.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,221

I didn't buy that much during this sale, but I certainly feel like I got my money's worth for it.

• can I share music I like here?

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

WendyLuvsCatz said:

can I share music I like here?

Please do! This is the second bagpiper I have been introduced to in this thread. Thank you and thanks Kyoto Kid.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,189
    edited November 2022

Bagpipe sounds (I hesitate to call it music).indecision  Drape a deformed/surgically-altered pig over your shoulder, give it a blow job, and squeeze it till it screams.devil  Tolerable in parades, village festivals, and royal celebrations, but not at 5:30AM after a night of carousing and revelry, collapsed on a cot, in a wooden cabin, deep in a northeastern US forest, at a kids summercamp (in the fall after they'd returned to school), with 200 gay leathermen/motorcyclists, from all over the US & other contries of the Earth, who had been partying as if tomorrow were the end of the world (It felt like it.  After 5 days of fun in the woods, we all had to return to work/home the next day), with a lone piper, in the morning fog, wandering the paths between the cabins of depleted revelers, torturing a pig, as well as all of the previous night's survivors, with "wakey-wakey" noises.sad

Although, I have to admit that after lifting my head out of the sleeping bag and seeing the gray enveloping fog and hearing the muffled sound of the tortured pig wafting through the heavy air, Source unseen, and volume undulating as the torturer wandered up and down the hills between the cabins, it was memorably surreal.yes

Note:  I believe the piper was from a gay motorcycle club from Long Island, with several members who were pipers also, and  would often perform for public events .  A few of their members were at the retreat and had performed at dinner the night before, and sometimes in not so public ways.  (I really, really need to write a book).devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

That's interesting, sort of like taking a Shruti box or an Indian harmonium to the next level... but she's rocking out with that (probably) Gujarati beat... Bagpipes are not uncommon in India, though it's disputed if they existed before the British arrived... I saw one being used by performers at an Indian wedding a few years ago, it's probably a lot easier to play while moving around than a harmonium would be and can bust out a lively beat...  one of the older ladies my mother-in-law hangs out with can play some pretty upbeat tunes on her portable harmonium, but definitely a different sound range.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited November 2022

kyoto kid said:

...or Darth Vader on a unicycle wearing a kilt and playing bagpipes with flames coming out of the drones.    Seems to go over well with the residents here in Portland

Have you seen this? The weirdness continues. . .

Post edited by Zylox on

Zylox said:

kyoto kid said:

...or Darth Vader on a unicycle wearing a kilt and playing bagpipes with flames coming out of the drones.    Seems to go over well with the residents here in Portland

"Fire was the natural next step..."  -Unicycle bagpipe dude.

Thats always been my philosophy too!

WendyLuvsCatz said:

..actually not too unexpected( and a rather pleasant) fusion as the highland bagpipes were introduced by the British in India during the early19th century. 

Bagpipes in different forms can be found in many countries from southern India to Portugal to Swede. and some historians claim they date back to ancient times. 

McGyver said:

Zylox said:

kyoto kid said:

"Fire was the natural next step..."  -Unicycle bagpipe dude.

Thats always been my philosophy too!

...yeah Portland took Austin's wiedrness to another level,

...well another "Giving Tuesday" event is almost over.  This happens a couple times a year where every, concern, charity, candidate, or whatever all get together and decide to carpet bomb the inboxes of concerned citizens like myself. to get us to send them lots of money.  Fortunately my filters caught the bulk of the onslaught and sent it all skipping past the inbox into the ozone (unlike prior to the election).  Woke up to a mere 65 emails this morning instead 165 as we happening before the election.

It doesn't help to unsubscribe as they somehow have a way of finding you.

So far the tally for just the day is up to 720.

Still not sure how all the pre election ones bypassed the "filters of annihilation" They must have something akin to the anti advert blocker software that news sited use, but one that spoofs email filters. 

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,879
    edited November 2022
    Peek-a-Boo!
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on

....welcome back.

Complaint: I tried to purchase three DAZ Originals tonight, in order to the the big discount in the sale.  Plus, I was going to use my DAZ+ coupon.  First, the code on my profile page said that it was used on an order earlier in the month, citing an order number.  I checked that order...there was only one item, which was discounted in one of those DAZ+ for a day sales at $1.99.  No mention of coupon code used.  The cart with the three items totalled $6 and change.  So, I tried to use the code.  Then the price bumped up to $18 and change!  I am not happy!  If this is how their sales will be from now on, I might stop buying.  I submitted a ticket,  in cluding screen captures of thing.  I hope they see the error and give me the items at the price that showed in the cart before I put in the coupon code.  I would have paid less than a dollar with the coupon!   sad

Dana

...yeah spend a while struggling with Daz Math wondering why when I added the third item to my cart I wasn't getting the 60% discount.  Lots of wasted time during which I even wrote the situation up stage by stage (with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back) including a screenshot of my cart in the Sales Report Issues thread before finally (by happenstance) discovering they were running four days of Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales concurrently on the same sales page and two of the items were from a previous day sale.

They need better organisation of these sales events as this is just getting nuttier and nuttier.

I still don't feel well.  Trying to go to hospital soon?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,416
    edited November 2022

kyoto kid said:

...yeah spend a while struggling with Daz Math wondering why when I added the third item to my cart I wasn't getting the 60% discount.  Lots of wasted time during which I even wrote the situation up stage by stage (with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back) including a screenshot of my cart in the Sales Report Issues thread before finally (by happenstance) discovering they were running four days of Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales concurrently on the same sales page and two of the items were from a previous day sale.

They need better organisation of these sales events as this is just getting nuttier and nuttier.

I hear ya there and I have a nut allergy so any more and I'm in trouble

Post edited by frank0314 on
This discussion has been closed.