Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,735

From the 4/14 orange banner: Don't miss each week's new Daz Original character release!

By "Daz Original," do they mean "Core Figure?" And if so, will this accelerated release schedule result in the relative mediocrity of Xiu Lin 9 and Julia 9? I hope not, but history is not encouraging.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 430

xyer0 said:

From the 4/14 orange banner: Don't miss each week's new Daz Original character release!

By "Daz Original," do they mean "Core Figure?" And if so, will this accelerated release schedule result in the relative mediocrity of Xiu Lin 9 and Julia 9? I hope not, but history is not encouraging.

That's what it sounds like they're doing. I'm worried about quality too but the more characters released the more unique blends I can make if that's one good thing to come from such a fast production rate.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,779

At this time I have 2,294 characters, morph packs w/characters and I had to uninstall many of them from older generations due to long load times. With G9, I have been careful on purchases and while I have bought PA characters they have all had something unique about them that sealed the deal for me.

I did work my way down my wishlist this March. It is now down to less that 4 pages. But I am still surprised with products I bought and not used yet. One Stonemason product with this line had me giggling. "Eclipse: Sci-fi Environment is a place with no particular purpose, but it sure does look cool!" So I don't forget I want to play with it, I have it opened up in Google now. So wishlist away and find things you forgot you owned and go play.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

https://www.daz3d.com/nahuel-for-genesis-9-hd

Ohhhh... he's a babe.

As someone who's now definitely decided to skip G9, I'll just have to content myself with longingly gazing at him cool

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,341

Hylas said:

Ohhhh... he's a babe.

As someone who's now definitely decided to skip G9, I'll just have to content myself with longingly gazing at him cool

Well. He reminds me a lot of a Genesis 8 base figure that was also supposed to be from South America. Or was it Mexico? Anyway, the Latin Americans at Daz are all Spanish or otherwise white anyway.... I'm not blown away by him.

• Blokes in my images exist to be un-reformed patronising lunks or musclebound stooges who have the women run rings around them. Scar 8 seems to fit the bill rather well on both counts. I'm not convinced Naheul 9 could do the job significantly better. Maybe he could.. dunno.. he looks a bit 'pretty' for the job to me. Maybe I should say 'Handsome' but I'm a really poor judge of 'handsome' in men.

Regards,

Richard

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

caravelle said:

Well. He reminds me a lot of a Genesis 8 base figure that was also supposed to be from South America. Or was it Mexico?

Pablo? I had to think of him. I think he's a Faber character, too, if I remember it right.

I might try to mix my own G8 Nahuel using Pablo and perhaps Novak, or Hans.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,117
    caravelle said:

Hylas said:

Ohhhh... he's a babe.

Well. He reminds me a lot of a Genesis 8 base figure that was also supposed to be from South America. Or was it Mexico? Anyway, the Latin Americans at Daz are all Spanish or otherwise white anyway.... I'm not blown away by him.

I'm not from DAZ, but his skin tone is an average color for the local Latin American guys that live around my area. So he's a handsome regular guy to me, and that's why he's in my cart.
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    edited April 2023
    Nahuel - great face, I would have bought him for G8/8.1M. I'm going to wishlist him just in case I can ever get past G9's breast issues or want to use him for a shoulders up portrait. G9 products having no gender filter and being predominantly female means I need to wishlist stuff that has potential or else manually sift through pages of lingerie.
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • morrisonmpmorrisonmp Posts: 146

A day late but DJ Yua HD is great. I rarely have the desire to use a character without tinkering but she's so beautiful and well-crafted that I don't want to change her.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,907

I'm happy to see a new character from Crocodile Liu! Not getting much of G9, but I will instantly get a new character of theirs. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

xyer0 said:

AllenArt said:

xyer0 said:

richardandtracy said:

I quite liked the Essential Stationery Props right up to the point I saw, or rather failed to see something - a fountain pen, however cheap. Pfft.

Not really hugely impressed. Looks like despite my efforts at a modern version of a 1920's Parker Duofold Lucky Curve, a Parker 51 look-alike hooded nib pen and a 1915 Onoto 3000, I need to make one or two cheap modern FP's too. Though, at a current price of $16.50 inc postage, a Wing Sung 601 re-working of the Parker 51 is a superb pen, so I suppose I have already by default modelled one cheap fountain pen... I just wish such things were included in otherwise really rather good stationery sets.

Regards,

Richard

At $1.58 (with 8 tokens & 30% Xiu Lin discount) the Stationery Props are too hot to pass up. Looks like you've got me covered in spades for fountain pens (thanks for the links); so, my Julia 9 will bypass the scam that is college and go old school. Big ups to you once again, you man of many talents!

I was gonna get the stationary props (which look really nice), but thought about it. I think I'd have more fun making my own, since I can. LOL 

You guys! I'll be watching in case you sharecg them with us, as you are often so generous to do. 

Oh, I wouldn't release them as freebies for a loooong time, at least until the PA's commercial ones were well played out ;). 

edited April 2023

caravelle said:

Hylas said:

Ohhhh... he's a babe.

Yanno, you're right. I'd love to see a proper Latin American with Native American features. The only character I have that really does is Benita for G8F. 

Post edited by AllenArt on

AllenArt said:

I was gonna get the stationary props (which look really nice), but thought about it. I think I'd have more fun making my own, since I can. LOL 

You guys! I'll be watching in case you sharecg them with us, as you are often so generous to do. 

Oh, I wouldn't release them as freebies for a loooong time, at least until the PA's commercial ones were well played out ;). 

Olly, olly, oxen free! Stuff plays out fast around here. ;)

What about Daz low-key Core Figure announcing Nahuel as "Nahuel 9 HD?" I'm sure Faber appreciates it, but it's not truth in advertising.

xyer0 said:

AllenArt said:

Olly, olly, oxen free! Stuff plays out fast around here. ;)

I know it...lol. I used to be a PA back in the olden days. LOLOL 

• This morning I was going through the new releases and thought 'What an Attractive Character'. Then saw the product was the hair (BS French Braid Hair) and not the character. The hair is nice & beautifully complements the character (VYK Ibbie). Turns out the character is already in the 'Maybe oneday, if the price is right' section of my whishlist. Oh. Well, at least I'm consistent, even if I can't remember 59 items in the wishlist. blush

Regards,

Richard

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,263

Lawrence looks phenomenal to me. He reminds me of someone, but I can't think who. As funny as the KuJ Battleship is, and as good as it looks, I wish it had a name that was a little more reflective of what it actually is (which is also not represented in the main promo).

Gordig said:

Lawrence looks phenomenal to me. He reminds me of someone, but I can't think who. As funny as the KuJ Battleship is, and as good as it looks, I wish it had a name that was a little more reflective of what it actually is (which is also not represented in the main promo).

I like him too. He gave me a slight Wesley Snipes vibe ;) 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,263

I can see that, but I don't think that's whom I was thinking of.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
    edited April 2023

Gordig said:

As funny as the KuJ Battleship is, and as good as it looks, I wish it had a name that was a little more reflective of what it actually is (which is also not represented in the main promo).

Heh, I certainly did not expect that from the thumb... wouldn't even have looked at it if it wasn't for your post. I really like it, but the transition from the structure to the critter is terrible. It should have had some sort of border to hide it.

If anyone gets it, I'm curious if you can use them separately.

Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • A heavily armed lobster is certainly somewhat left field...

Regards,

Richard

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 793

Must admit i saw battleship and thought oh usefull then saw the lobster bit and sighed.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 793

Anyone know if the prop blur on the https://www.daz3d.com/kuj-fighter is an option or is it post production?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,341

AllenArt said:

caravelle said:

Hylas said:

Ohhhh... he's a babe.

Yanno, you're right. I'd love to see a proper Latin American with Native American features. The only character I have that really does is Benita for G8F. 

I agree with you. I would have preferred to see one of the many different Native American types of Latin America.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

ioonrxoon said:

Gordig said:

As funny as the KuJ Battleship is, and as good as it looks, I wish it had a name that was a little more reflective of what it actually is (which is also not represented in the main promo).

Heh, I certainly did not expect that from the thumb... wouldn't even have looked at it if it wasn't for your post.

Same here, I have zero needs for a battleship so I had not checked the product page. That's actually hilarious laugh

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264
    I wish dForce clothing was more like the Dynamic clothing for Micheal 4, where you changed the sizes and fits instead of having the garments distort themselves to follow the figure shape.
  • Timbales said:

I wish dForce clothing was more like the Dynamic clothing for Micheal 4, where you changed the sizes and fits instead of having the garments distort themselves to follow the figure shape.

Except that there were usually few sizes.

Try doing a PlayRange simulation, starting from the unmorphed figure with any morphs needed in the clothing to make it fit the final shape manually applied.

• marqueA2marqueA2 Posts: 33

Pitmatic said:

Anyone know if the prop blur on the https://www.daz3d.com/kuj-fighter is an option or is it post production?

There is a seperate prop for the blurry propeller! :) 

planeprop.png
    600 x 600 - 492K
  • marqueA2marqueA2 Posts: 33

Pitmatic said:

Must admit i saw battleship and thought oh usefull then saw the lobster bit and sighed.

Same. I was interested til I saw the lobstertail. Oh well.