Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• Wonderland said:

barbult said:

BandoriFan said:

Yay the new horse is coming out! I'll get the reindeer bundle and waited so long for Daz Horse 3! There is so much they can do with horses not just with realism but stylization too. They are such sweet animals. 

They can have medieval, unicorn, and equestrian bundles and from the reindeer bundle description there might be morph bundles like there are for people but if we get the sleigh ride bundle we'll get those packs for free when they're released. The sleigh ride pack itself also looks like it has so many good things too. Then I can render someone petting a reindeer which would be so cute!

Maybe the new dragon will come soon too

Where did you get the idea that you'd get "those other packs for free"? I don't se the word "free" any place in that ad. It says "You’ll also get upgraded access to all Daz Horse 3 features once released, including morphs for different sizes and breeds, improved mane and tail, additional textures, and more!"

"Upgraded access" is not likely the same as "free".

I'm wondering if the horse we are getting is not the full version, just a temporary incomplete version they are sending out before Christmas because the complete product is not finished yet. I may be wrong but I have a feeling we'll be getting product updates for it in DIM. That said, im sure there will be tons of paid content coming up and we'll probably get an orange banner for discounts. 

I don't see any reason to think it is knowingly unfinished, but I would think there will be updates for the additional cotnent where that is included with the product we have bought.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

Richard Haseltine said:

Wonderland said:

barbult said:

BandoriFan said:

Yay the new horse is coming out! I'll get the reindeer bundle and waited so long for Daz Horse 3! There is so much they can do with horses not just with realism but stylization too. They are such sweet animals. 

They can have medieval, unicorn, and equestrian bundles and from the reindeer bundle description there might be morph bundles like there are for people but if we get the sleigh ride bundle we'll get those packs for free when they're released. The sleigh ride pack itself also looks like it has so many good things too. Then I can render someone petting a reindeer which would be so cute!

Where did you get the idea that you'd get "those other packs for free"? I don't se the word "free" any place in that ad. It says "You’ll also get upgraded access to all Daz Horse 3 features once released, including morphs for different sizes and breeds, improved mane and tail, additional textures, and more!"

"Upgraded access" is not likely the same as "free".

I'm wondering if the horse we are getting is not the full version, just a temporary incomplete version they are sending out before Christmas because the complete product is not finished yet. I may be wrong but I have a feeling we'll be getting product updates for it in DIM. That said, im sure there will be tons of paid content coming up and we'll probably get an orange banner for discounts. 

I don't see any reason to think it is knowingly unfinished, but I would think there will be updates for the additional cotnent where that is included with the product we have bought.

It seemed to work just fine for me. I could pose it, transform it into a reindeer, and render it with no problems at all (except the mane taking quite long to simulate, but I was on the laptop, on it's not particularly fast). I also think that there's a bigger 'horse bundle' still in the making, but the one we got today doesn't seem 'incomplete' to me. Also, for me, I liked the sleigh so much, would probably have paid 14 bucks just for that ;-) 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

BandoriFan said:

There is nothing in the ad copy that says we'll get anything for free when it's released. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Might be nice if they discounted the cost of what we got with the sleigh ride bundle from the eventual DAZ Horse 3 bundle since we already effectively  "bought" it. That's the most I'd expect.I'd accept tht fairly happily.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750
    edited December 2022

I have been punching along, with a few exceptions so I had the 35% off to start with, added three other new items right away because I liked them. So the Sleigh Ride Bundle went down to $11.47 for a 87% off. My total cart price was $36.32 for all items.

When I put the Daz Horse 3 (DH3) in my screen, I saw that he/she was by Alessandro AM. Does anyone think any critter by him will be less than outstanding? I put Daz Horse 2 next to the DH3 and saw the difference in size. I did try loading saddles on DH3, but nope, not happening. Not even sizing down. So either we need a auto-save or clones between the two or a whole group of Iray/3DL versions of wardrobe/accessories/props for the DH3 across times/cultures. I am so looking forward to that. 

I trust that the PAs will be coming along with enough items to make me break out my credit card or destroy my store credit.

That being said, I have been on a horse maybe two times in my life when I was a teen, bareback. Not the greatest experience. But I think they are cool and I keep getting images in my mind for renders. So I have to trust that the PAs will do their homework and forum users will also speak up if something is off. Like poses for archery.

And thank you Daz for the Gift Card sale today.

Mary

Edit to add: After reading the tear down in the Daz Horse 3 thread, consider me slapped down. Go with what you like.

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • memcneil70 said:

Edit to add: After reading the tear down in the Daz Horse 3 thread, consider me slapped down. Go with what you like.

Exactly. If DH3 works for your art then that just fine. But for someone who really knows horses, how they move and their anatomy then all I can say is "yikes!"  and "I expected WAY better from DAZ"

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

semperequstri said:

memcneil70 said:

Exactly. If DH3 works for your art then that just fine. But for someone who really knows horses, how they move and their anatomy then all I can say is "yikes!"  and "I expected WAY better from DAZ"

That is why I depend on the knowledgeable in the forums to speak up. Ask me about embroidery, sewing, quilting, stained glass, comics, history, rabid reading, the military, and my love of space since my dad took me to every show of the Gemini/Apollo spacecrafts he worked on and I can handle it. Still waiting on new glasses so I can see what is on the screen in Daz Studio.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I appreciate that all through the daily freebies we've gotten that they have been a step up in utility from prior years. 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252

the free union suit is really cute

• Oh no, Stonemason and Luthbellina on the same day. blush I was hoping the sale was over but now I'm forced -- forced! -- to buy their stuff... wink

• I'm a tad bummed that the first 'gift' coupon didn't work fully and the second gift coupon I didn't use at all because I couldn't get it to take off more than a few dollars so I gave up... and I stayed up pretty late in my part of the world.
    I still got some nice things, and I DEFINITELY appreciated the sales and reindeer set and all the PA freebies.

And as a speculation (I am absolutely not aware of horse breeds or anatomy) but perhaps the horse 3 is a 'middle ground' of equine shapes, I haven't installed it yet (too busy with family and holiday stuff) but i did see people talking about its shape being a bit different from previous horse shapes... so maybe its a mid-shape, kind of like G9 is a middle ground of gender shape blends? so it could possibly be morphed into different creatures more easily? I could be totally wrong, but maybe it's a possibility. If so that's kinda cool and I hope there's a lot of new critter content. 

Hope everyone's having a warm, safe healthy happy holiday!

• I'd be interested to see the Luthbellina without the "tactical" stuff - just the clothes without the straps.

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 404
    edited December 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

I'd be interested to see the Luthbellina without the "tactical" stuff - just the clothes without the straps.

Please excuse that the render's a bit uncooked in places.

The sweater has a morph to fit over the belt; the jeans have morphs to fit in and out of the shoes, as well as three belt loop morphs; there are two morphs to adjust the tightness of the shoes; the gloves have no dedicated morphs. All have the standard fitting morphs.

They're really nice items without the belts, and it's great to get some good regular clothing honestly, although I'm not 100% sold on the sneakers. The soles are a bit... out there if your characters don't commonly wear Yeezys or anything weird like that.

My kingdom for more actual gender-neutral standing poses. 

EDIT: Very quick render of the shoes from the side (and it was very quick, because I hid everything except the jeans and shoes...) Great for running/parkour.

alex-26-stray.jpg
    800 x 1600 - 488K
    alex-26-stray-2.jpg
    900 x 600 - 427K
    Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I honestly bought the outfit entirely for the regular stuff.

• Thank you, they certainly look very usable like that (which is great, except from the point of view of my store credit).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,569

Thanks Pax Asteriae for the render, I was wondering the same thing as I have no interest in the tactical items, but thought the pants and sweater looked great and was hoping I could use just them.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
    edited December 2022

Looking closer at the shoes, can the "grille" part of the sneakers be hidden with opacity or something? The smaller sole seems like a different shade.

Post edited by ioonrxoon on
  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 404
    edited December 2022

ioonrxoon said:

Looking closer at the shoes, can the "grille" part of the sneakers be hidden with opacity or something? The smaller sole seems like a different shade.

The mat zone for that part of the shoe is 'M1Sole01' and while you can hide it... it doesn't like it. For no apparent reason it leaves a ghost behind (front and back), even with all image maps removed, everything turned off and all colour input set to black. It remains even if you change the shader from Iray to the old DzDefault, which is... a bit weird actually.

What you can do instead, and may work better really for what you want, is to open the geometry editor tool*, right-click on the bit you want to remove, select it all by material zone M1Sole01 and just delete it.  Et voila, no ghosties.

(Sorry for the incredibly quick renders, taking advantage of it being very quiet at work.)

* Alt-Shift-G

You have no idea how many times I had to retake that screenshot because I couldn't quite move fast enough for the 5-second timer. It was like Tomb Raider 2 all over again.

alex-26-stray-3.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 561K
    alex-26-stray-4.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 624K
    geoedit-shoe.jpg
    539 x 386 - 43K
    Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • Pax Asteriae said:

ioonrxoon said:

The mat zone for that part of the shoe is 'M1Sole01' and while you can hide it... it doesn't like it. For no apparent reason it leaves a ghost behind (front and back), even with all image maps removed, everything turned off and all colour input set to black. It remains even if you change the shader from Iray to the old DzDefault, which is... a bit weird actually.

What you can do instead, and may work better really for what you want, is to open the geometry editor tool*, right-click on the bit you want to remove, select it all by material zone M1Sole01 and just delete it.  Et voila, no ghosties.

(Sorry for the incredibly quick renders, taking advantage of it being very quiet at work.)

You can select things to delete by material zone? Oh man, the amount of time I've spent highlighting vertices, and then rehighlighting the ones that didn't get picked...thanks for pointing this out! 

• Thanks, sadly it's lacking the sewing on the back, but I kind of expected that. Still, I'd much rather use them this way, not a big fan of those oversized, overdetailed soles.

Another thing to try to fix that is to apply a base clay shader before using the opacity slider, I usually do this every time to get rid of the maps, so they don't eat up any vram.

• benniewoodell said:

You can select things to delete by material zone? Oh man, the amount of time I've spent highlighting vertices, and then rehighlighting the ones that didn't get picked...thanks for pointing this out! 

I'm really glad that helped!

ioonrxoon said:

Thanks, sadly it's lacking the sewing on the back, but I kind of expected that. Still, I'd much rather use them this way, not a big fan of those oversized, overdetailed soles.

Another thing to try to fix that is to apply a base clay shader before using the opacity slider, I usually do this every time to get rid of the maps, so they don't eat up any vram.

I'll admit this is the first time I've seen a ghost hanging around even after it had a 3DL shader instead of an Iray shader applied. laugh  I remove all the maps, changed all the colours to black... I have no idea why the ghost was purple! (I wish there was a crying with laughter emoji here, but whenever I try to use a non-Daz emoji it won't post.)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Yay!  More 3DUniverse clothes and hair.  I do wish the clothes came with more variety in materials, though.  Or that someone else picked up the slack in that department.

• The V Sentai outfit looks really cool! I like how colourful the skins are 

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252

Pax Asteriae said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I'd be interested to see the Luthbellina without the "tactical" stuff - just the clothes without the straps.

Please excuse that the render's a bit uncooked in places.

The sweater has a morph to fit over the belt; the jeans have morphs to fit in and out of the shoes, as well as three belt loop morphs; there are two morphs to adjust the tightness of the shoes; the gloves have no dedicated morphs. All have the standard fitting morphs.

They're really nice items without the belts, and it's great to get some good regular clothing honestly, although I'm not 100% sold on the sneakers. The soles are a bit... out there if your characters don't commonly wear Yeezys or anything weird like that.

My kingdom for more actual gender-neutral standing poses. 

EDIT: Very quick render of the shoes from the side (and it was very quick, because I hid everything except the jeans and shoes...) Great for running/parkour.

Thanks for posting this. I love their stuff, but it looks like G9M's chest definition issues are carrying over to the shirt. I can see a horizontal line at the bottom of his pecs that runs all the way across. 

edited January 2023

I really like https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-comfy-pajama-set-for-genesis-9-8-and-81, I think it's a very versatile and generous set. It's for G8 M and F as well as G9, so covers basically all the newer figures, and it has lots of morphs like opening the jacket, sweater inside or out of pants, pants length etc. It will come in handy not just as pajamas, but for lots of comfy home clothes I believe. And it's just 20 bucks, the same as the Bomber Pilot Jacket set by Meshitup which doesn't even contain any pants at all and no morphs to open the jacket (the jacket IS very pretty, but I was disappointed by Meshitup here) - and a whole lot less than https://www.daz3d.com/feya-floral-fairy-outfit-for-genesis-8-81-and-9 which I also like a lot, but it's not in the least as versatile and much more expensive. So kudos to Dimidrol for the pajamas!

Edit: The package is quite huge though unfortunately,  1.2 GB. I hope it's the textures mainly so I can reduce the size. Haven't looked at it yet though.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • tsroemi said:

I really like https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-comfy-pajama-set-for-genesis-9-8-and-81, I think it's a very versatile and generous set. It's for G8 M and F as well as G9, so covers basically all the newer figures, and it has lots of morphs like opening the jacket, sweater inside or out of pants, pants length etc. It will come in handy not just as pajamas, but for lots of comfy home clothes I believe. And it's just 20 bucks, the same as the Bomber Pilot Jacket set by Meshitup which doesn't even contain any pants at all and no morphs to open the jacket (the jacket IS very pretty, but I was disappointed by Meshitup here) - and a whole lot less than https://www.daz3d.com/feya-floral-fairy-outfit-for-genesis-8-81-and-9 which I also like a lot, but it's not in the least as versatile and much more expensive. So kudos to Dimidrol for the pajamas!

Edit: The package is quite huge though unfortunately,  1.2 GB. I hope it's the textures mainly so I can reduce the size. Haven't looked at it yet though.

If the jacket has open/close morphs is it also dForce, or is it static?

• Richard Haseltine said:

tsroemi said:

It's dForce. (And also a bit prone to putting up a fight during simulation.)

• Pax Asteriae said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tsroemi said:

It's dForce. (And also a bit prone to putting up a fight during simulation.)

Thank you.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

I was just going to post how great the pajama set looks.

@Pax Asteriae, thanks from me also, hadn't gotten round to actually playing with the set yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to simulate a good hands-in-pockets look with the jacket (shirt it's called by the vendor I think). Did you get around those problems you mentioned when dForcing it? Anything that would be helpful to know for us as well?