Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 404
    edited January 2023

tsroemi said:

@Pax Asteriae, thanks from me also, hadn't gotten round to actually playing with the set yet. I'm hoping I'll be able to simulate a good hands-in-pockets look with the jacket (shirt it's called by the vendor I think). Did you get around those problems you mentioned when dForcing it? Anything that would be helpful to know for us as well?

The pockets are pretty big, so you might be able to get a good effect with them.

I gave up on playing with it after a while, I kept getting errors with dForce crashing after a certain amount of time, both during static and animated poses — that particularly unpleasant one that needs you to restart DS if you want to simulate again. But I don't know if it was the PJs, which are quite baggy in their pre-dForce state, or the character I was using. I tried it in a few different poses and kept running into the same issue... but I am running it on a potato so my issues might not be your issues. Honestly, I'm hoping to see some renders from others with it to soothe my battered ego a little. cheeky Ironically, I'll feel better knowing it's just me.

EDIT: While I go back to fighting with the pyjamas, here's a quick render of Alex in Sade's Mixable Korte shirt and pants. Big thanks to Sade for including masculine fits in these, the shirt drapes nicely and the pants would be good for sports, and they look good on him!

(Well, I say quick...)

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I have the pajamas in my cart.  I wish the jacket had a collar, though.  As it is, it looks a little unfinished.  

Does anyone have a wireframe render of the jacket?  That might help explain the dForce issues.  Another product by this vendor I own, the beach outfit, is a little slow to simulate, and clips into the character a bit with default smoothing.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

Oh my, I hope I haven't made a blunder with this set then, if it gives so much troubles when dForcing. It's after midnight at my place right now and I have to go to bed, but I'll def try and and find time tomorrow to test a few simulations. I have a middling machine with a mobile RTX 2060 (DS 4.20) and one that has to use CPU (4.15), I'll see if I can try with both. If others beat me to that, I'd sure like to see all your renders too! Hoping that the set turns out a good one in the end ...

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 404
    edited January 2023

Honestly, the more I experiment with it, the more I think it just needs its settings adjusted. And maybe making your memorised pose a full T-pose rather than the default as it can snag on things. Like itself.

...Still can't upload things.

Shirt set to Half Opened; randomly pulled into the arm bend while simulating.

Shirt set to Full Opened; just faintly sagged.

Saved last draw of the unsimulated shirt, to show the difference between simulated and unsimulated

Unposed wireframe for @Sevrin.

For reference, I'm trundling along on a GTX960M, and it doesn't take forever to dForce or anything. It just sometimes goes off at odd angles, and occasionally explodes itself.

Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,672

I haven't decided yet to buy the py.

It looks nice but I have a little nick-pick with it.

The buttons are placed on the right, but the left must then have buttonholes and should overlap when closed.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I was able to finally pose a G9M character in the pajamas last night on another computer, sitting down with ankles crossed on a couch but I had to raise him up about 3 feet about the couch, spead his legs further apart at the beginning of the timeline about 4 or 5 times. But I finally got a render and found the texture on the bottom of the socks looks weird.

Can't upload render.

Thanks for the info.  I ended up not buying it, even though I liked the idea of it.  I'd been on the fence anyway, because I was annoyed that it didn't have a nice collar.  This vendor seems kind of new to clothing, and will likely improve.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

felis said:

I haven't decided yet to buy the py.

It looks nice but I have a little nick-pick with it.

The buttons are placed on the right, but the left must then have buttonholes and should overlap when closed.

Still haven't gotten round to rendering the pjs, and from the pics, the mesh itself does indeed not provide buttonholes like you say - but I noticed some of the textures do include them and they look quite okay to me. Might want to check again, they are on the textures that look more like everyday clothes and less like actual sleepwear. 

edited January 2023

Also consider that I have seen folks walk into Target wearing that type of clothing, scuffs, and maybe a winter jacket in the past week. And I am not talking about little kids, though I did see a little boy today in his P.J.s in the afternoon. Dad trailing behind with the kid's coat. The feel's like temperature was at 19F.

So I tried again and was able to post my render. You can see the weird feet of the socks.

Test of Outfit on Leo.png
    803 x 803 - 1M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

bluejaunte said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

Bluejaunte's back on top of their game with Tyler, too.

I like the character, but I've opened a support ticket as the eyeball's tend to poke through the lower eyelid when simple expressions are applied.

Lyra/Young Lyra have the same issue, and before knowing I can do something like a support ticket, I always compensated by scaling the eyes down 3.5%. But yeah, I noticed the same after posing her a bit. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for confirming that you also have this issue.

For Tyler, the best solution I have found is to set the hidden Eyes morph "Eye Whole Size" back to zero.  When the character loads this is set to an increase of 20% (I don't understand why).

This is simply me fitting the eyeball to the eye socket. It's always a compromise, do I fit the socket to the eye or the eye to the socket. Probably a combination of both in the end, whatever I feel looks the way I want. Scaling down eye socket is going to make the eyes smaller compared to the rest of the face so this may not be what I want.

As for eyes poking through with some expressions: I just tested with some V9 expressions and indeed I get quite strong poke through with some. I'm so sorry for that, though I'm not sure I can fix this short of making JCM's which I can obviously not do for all expressions ever released. If Lyra had this too I can assume this is because both characters are a bit more goggle-eyed, I think is the word? but I'm sure it's also just a general eye socket shape issue. Naturally we don't want every character to have the same eye socket. Occasional issues with some expressions can be expected I think.

Anyway, with the eyes being separate geometry now the fix is pretty easy. Simply select an eye in the scene, or say "Left Eye" in the Scene tab (not the Genesis 9 Eyes item), then move it around as you would any object. With a somewhat extreme expression it hopefully won't be noticable that the eye is now technically in the wrong place. Case by case I guess.

So bug report landed on my desk. It turns out part of the problem was just bad rigging of the eyeballs so I fixed that. Some expressions still gave poke though so i created JCM for both G9 and V9 expressions. That means the face did not change, which was important to me. Only when expressions are dialed in. With those problematic ones the eye sockets are so distorted that you won't notice anyway. I just submitted the update.

• TobiasTobias Posts: 106

Just noticed in the feature list for Working Sci-Fi Outfit for Genesis 9 | Daz 3D that there is a fit for Freja 9 and Ivar 9.  I guess there is a viking couple in the pipeline?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,325

Teen Tyler G9 is sooo cute! heart

Tyler's nice, as is Dikembe.  Can't see buying the big bundle, though.  AJC outfit is why I returned the V9 bundle, and don't want to bother with that again.  Also, we just got a set of yoga poses that work with both G8 and G9 only 10 days ago.

• bluejaunte said:

So bug report landed on my desk. It turns out part of the problem was just bad rigging of the eyeballs so I fixed that. Some expressions still gave poke though so i created JCM for both G9 and V9 expressions. That means the face did not change, which was important to me. Only when expressions are dialed in. With those problematic ones the eye sockets are so distorted that you won't notice anyway. I just submitted the update.

Thanks. Believe it or not, you've been one of my favorite character makers since I started this; you're one of a handful that has me scrambling for my wallet when I see the artist name in the debuts. Thanks for the follow-up.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,569

Just wanted to say thanks to Prefox for the new Mirana High Heels for G9 (and G8) https://www.daz3d.com/mirana-high-heels-for-genesis-8-and-9

I am trying to use G9 more and it really helps when products come out that I can really use and even need with little to no fuss and heels for G9 are one of those items..

FSMCDesigns said:

Just wanted to say thanks to Prefox for the new Mirana High Heels for G9 (and G8) https://www.daz3d.com/mirana-high-heels-for-genesis-8-and-9

I am trying to use G9 more and it really helps when products come out that I can really use and even need with little to no fuss and heels for G9 are one of those items..

To be honest, I hadn't even looked at them, the style made my feet hurt. Too many memories of the 70s and nearly breaking my ankles.

But I just looked at the promo shots and the work looks excellent and detailed. Those are some nice heels!

Mary

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,569

memcneil70 said:

FSMCDesigns said:

To be honest, I hadn't even looked at them, the style made my feet hurt. Too many memories of the 70s and nearly breaking my ankles.

But I just looked at the promo shots and the work looks excellent and detailed. Those are some nice heels!

Mary

Yeah, I know heels are bad for the body in real life, but I just love the look of a woman in heels and all my virtual girls wear them, LOL. These are modeled really well also.  Here's a quick image on G9 with custom shaders since the textures that come with it are more casual/less extreme that I like

heelsss.jpg
    1170 x 849 - 766K
  • But there's always the option of these if it all gets too much: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/509896/backache-poses-from-wearing-high-heels

Regards,

Richard

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,176

Love Ivar and the mega bundle, and a Freja fit was accidentally included in a recent outfit, so he'll be getting a female counterpart soon.

richardandtracy said:

But there's always the option of these if it all gets too much: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/509896/backache-poses-from-wearing-high-heels

Regards,

Richard

Those are great Richard, now, add some sitting poses where she has the heels off, and is rubbing her foot trying to get relief from the pain, And if there is no straps, kicking the heels off her feet as soon as she is through the door of her home, or if simple reaching down to take them off and limping to down the hall. :-)

I loved days I could wear oxfords or combat boots instead of heels in uniform during the days of platform heels. We had to have at least a 1 inch heel, which was almost impossible to find.

Mary 

• Mary, thanks, those are good suggestions. I'll add them to my list to look at after my current project. Regards, Richard.
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,692
    edited January 2023

Does anyone know if Zero Pose Utility Presets for Genesis 9 removes or retains the CBSs (JCMs), since that has been a new wrinkle/issue with Genesis 9?

This quote from the description is not definitive: "Well, when you use these presets now, it doesn't just bring them to absolute zero. It will actually restore the body parts to their natural state. This means if you think the pose preset author might have altered the metatarsals, you can simply double-click that metatarsal button and watch it return to a natural bend - or not and you'll have peace of mind. This way the metatarsals (as well as other regions) will just go back to where they're supposed to be without wrecking the original pose."

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Going pseudo realistic sci-fi or not too stylized arena... what's heels?

Oh right, i bought one thing, because it looked like it could be used as a gun, if turn it upside down!

• richardandtracy said:

But there's always the option of these if it all gets too much: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/509896/backache-poses-from-wearing-high-heels

Regards,

Richard

Those are great Richard, now, add some sitting poses where she has the heels off, and is rubbing her foot trying to get relief from the pain, And if there is no straps, kicking the heels off her feet as soon as she is through the door of her home, or if simple reaching down to take them off and limping to down the hall. :-)

I loved days I could wear oxfords or combat boots instead of heels in uniform during the days of platform heels. We had to have at least a 1 inch heel, which was almost impossible to find.

Mary 

You reminded me of Eddie Murpheys routine about his mother's high heels from his 'Raw' stand-up show.
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,252

Rupert HD for Genesis 9 is cool looking character, I like that he's a bit bow legged. And for a masculine G9 character, his chest doesn't look too wonky to me. 

• I have to make a comment about EF's Party Time outfit https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-ef-party-time-outfit-for-genesis-9. It is immensely flattering to the G9 figure in the promo images. The G9 elbow joints (which I do feel are a little dodgy) are covered and it allows the character to shine without emphasizing any less good points - exactly what every good clothes designer strives for. Most impressed. Just my tuppenny hapence worth. Regards, Richard.
  • At last, a really attractive G9 character, Mousso's Fate HD. https://www.daz3d.com/mso-fate-hd-for-genesis-9. I was beginning to wonder if the days of really pretty female characters were over with the switch to G9.

Mousso's Fate is lovely, but I have bought the following lovely characters for G9 so far, two from Mousso. That being said, what is attractive is in the eye of the beholder, so I did not include the 'HID' models I bought because they were not on the standard 'pretty, delicate' mode, but rather with strong chins. And of the ones I have tested below, they have a good range from girl next door to drop dead gorgeous, depending on how I dealt with them.

Mary

https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-9-hd

https://www.daz3d.com/kei-hd-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/mso-lorienne-hd-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/e3d-aya-hd-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-era-for-genesis-9

https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-marceline-for-genesis-9

• Hmm.

Beauty must be in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure I could entirely agree with you on those, Mary, but I can see why you think they're really good. I have V9, and facially I think she looks stunning. But with her & most of the others I feel they're lacking a little definition on the arms, shoulders, thighs, calves & knees. As if the musculature definition hasn't been sculpted, or the hard boney bits being defined (like the elbow bones, wrist lumps, general bone knobles, hip bone lumps and knee cap edges). Can't really put my finger on it, but I feel as if MSO Fate is getting there, as if Mousso has learnt the tricks needed to work with the new model and is starting to be able to define these items that aren't defined so confidently in some of the other characters.

Regards,

Richard.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137
    edited March 2023

Couldn't resist todays' https://www.daz3d.com/a-path-to-somewhere (click to enlarge):

rendered 20 minutes (didn't finish) with included camera and render settings. I have a very old system (i7, 16gb ram, 2gbVram). Very versatile in my opinion!

EDIT:

Just one tiny critique: 5 (zero) props only: 4 bushes and the rock group in the background (click to enlarge). Other plants only in instanced groups, so you would have to extract with geometry editor. Still I am very content with this versatile product.

landscape.png
    835 x 1080 - 1M
    props.png
    1280 x 720 - 818K
    Post edited by mding on