Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259

bluejaunte said:

I see nothing toony. But hey, still good to hear from you guys. Even though it hurts sometimes. 

I'm sorry @bluejaunte, I didn't mean to offend you. Your characters are very good! And I wasn't referring to Maddie when I said 'toony'.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,980

I like the Ruined Corridor, though think it could do with a bit more rubble heaps (possibly as separate props that could be deleted or hidden). Feels like something I could work with.

Regards,

Richard

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

richardandtracy said:

I like the Ruined Corridor, though think it could do with a bit more rubble heaps (possibly as separate props that could be deleted or hidden). Feels like something I could work with.

Regards,

Richard

Yeah, but it looks like someone has steamcleaned the place first and then thrown a bunch of rocks and debris in there. There is no dirt and debris at the sides of walkway where it meets the walls.

True, but that's stiff the user can add. As I said, it's something I could work with.

Regards,

Richard

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 190
    edited June 2023

I like Maddie. The one release from the past few days that I almost bought. She looks like an ordinary person to me, which is why I like her. She is a slice of something that is both representative and not often seen in the Daz models; so well done to the artist and others who've taken G9 on in the spirit of variety over ideals.

Post edited by ainm.sloinneadh on
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited June 2023

Maddie HD

It's just a juvenile homo sapiens female.  I swear, the specimens do not always look like 21+ Victoria's Secret models. Really!

I don't think even Skye is that stylised.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on

I love wide open landscapes, where you can feel your eyes stretch and encompass a huge vista. That's not often possible in DS. However there are a few products that do it, and today another has been added to the short list - Green Valley by Aako. It's remarkable, so I'm remarking on it. Other wonderfully expansive scenes include UltraScenery XT by Howie Farkes and Highlands also by Aako.

Regards,

Richard

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,010

Hurray for Cockatrice! I'm always happy to see a new fantasy animal. How about phoenix and jackelope next?

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259

'XI Switzerland Village' looks nice.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,744

https://www.daz3d.com/mechasar-mega-add-ons-pack-1

Oof... cool content, very unfortunate bundling, in my opinion.

Some of the add-on's I'm very interested in (Slime Attack, Esra Elder... I would be interested in Zuno if he used G8M base), but most of it I have no use for.

The price of the bundle may be fine for everything that's included, but if you're only going to use a fraction it's completely overpriced.

If there ever was a case of a product that should have been split into many smaller ones...frown

Hylas said:

https://www.daz3d.com/mechasar-mega-add-ons-pack-1

Oof... cool content, very unfortunate bundling, in my opinion.

Some of the add-on's I'm very interested in (Slime Attack, Esra Elder... I would be interested in Zuno if he used G8M base), but most of it I have no use for.

The price of the bundle may be fine for everything that's included, but if you're only going to use a fraction it's completely overpriced.

If there ever was a case of a product that should have been split into many smaller ones...frown

Same... I found 6 of the 22 items interesting and had it in my cart for quite a while, but couldn't get the price down enough.

• Problem is, I only have some items from this bundle, but not others. I can't buy it if I'm going to use maybe a half of it no matter how much I like some of the contents. Wishlisted until I can get it discounted enough.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited June 2023

it certainly wouldn't pay for me either but I would love 1 or 2 things for stuff I have

namely the Brain Eater and Gobbler addons

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • MechasarMechasar Posts: 180

Hi there! Thank you for appreciating my characters, sorry to hear that complaint. But I think it’s up to me only to establish if one of my product is “unfortunate” or not, don’t you think so? ;-) That said, If you allow me a brief explanation, I would show you a little calculation which I hope can help you seeing things differently. The Pack consists of 22 items at the full price of $58.99, that means less than $3 per item (this is already a huge depreciation for any new item in the Daz store). Now you can get it with the initial discount of 30% (excluding other cumulative discounts!), thus $41.29, that generally corresponds to the regular price of 2 characters, if you notice. Then, if you already own 2 of my characters averagely, the price of the Pack is absolutely not out of range. You’re getting 2 new characters at the usual prices, and if you don’t need all the items included in the Pack, that’s okay… you have other 20 items for free stored in your library for every future occurrence.
    Believe me, due to the giant volume of work behind it, the Slime Attack add-on alone wouldn’t have cost less than $20, as well as the Evil Pumpkin fruit morphs, the high resolution tree for Hitoshi Sensei, etc. etc.
    So, I don’t want to convince you to buy my product at any cost, I’m just trying to make you understand that the work of every PA here at Daz must be valorized, respected and never moked, with the consciousness that you can always get high quality products at affordable prices that you’ll never find in any other 3D store. Thanks for your understanding!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

not mocking, I do like the 3 products of your's I do own

I can understand you choosing to cater to people who own lots of your products too, it's your livelihood after all

I am not someone who buys bundles of any sort as a rule, just a different sort of customer, I often end up with everything in a bundle eventually just not all at once

• dortybassadortybassa Posts: 480

@Mechasar

It's certainly your prerogative as to how you sell you items :)

I was totally confused when I saw the listing....  I have a few of your items and would buy a couple of the addons if they were individually packaged.

Just my feedback.

• dortybassa said:

@Mechasar

It's certainly your prerogative as to how you sell you items :)

I was totally confused when I saw the listing....  I have a few of your items and would buy a couple of the addons if they were individually packaged.

Just my feedback.

same here.

• solissolis Posts: 124
    edited June 2023

https://www.daz3d.com/bw-jetrunner-car

Must be time to go 'Back To The Future' for a 'The Spy Who Loved Me' remake yeswink

(https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/116673-the-spy-who-loved-me/)

Post edited by solis on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not mocking, I do like the 3 products of your's I do own

I can understand you choosing to cater to people who own lots of your products too, it's your livelihood after all

I am not someone who buys bundles of any sort as a rule, just a different sort of customer, I often end up with everything in a bundle eventually just not all at once

Same.

Out of the 22 items, I liked the Mad Octopus Add-Ons, Tobyn and Caryn Add-Ons, Beverly Add-Ons and Mr Gammon Add-Ons and for those the price is just too high.
    The rest I'm not interested in.

edited June 2023

Mechasar said:

Hi there! Thank you for appreciating my characters, sorry to hear that complaint. But I think it’s up to me only to establish if one of my product is “unfortunate” or not, don’t you think so? ;-)

I very much disagree! One does not have to be the creator of a work in order to have an opinion about it. Any public work is fair game to be praised, critisised, or discussed by anybody.

Just to be super clear, I do not think your new product is overpriced. But your decision to release all the add-on's together as one big bundle does not work for me.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 260

Mechasar said:

Hi there! Thank you for appreciating my characters, sorry to hear that complaint. But I think it’s up to me only to establish if one of my product is “unfortunate” or not, don’t you think so? ;-) That said, If you allow me a brief explanation, I would show you a little calculation which I hope can help you seeing things differently. The Pack consists of 22 items at the full price of $58.99, that means less than $3 per item (this is already a huge depreciation for any new item in the Daz store). Now you can get it with the initial discount of 30% (excluding other cumulative discounts!), thus $41.29, that generally corresponds to the regular price of 2 characters, if you notice. Then, if you already own 2 of my characters averagely, the price of the Pack is absolutely not out of range. You’re getting 2 new characters at the usual prices, and if you don’t need all the items included in the Pack, that’s okay… you have other 20 items for free stored in your library for every future occurrence.
    Believe me, due to the giant volume of work behind it, the Slime Attack add-on alone wouldn’t have cost less than $20, as well as the Evil Pumpkin fruit morphs, the high resolution tree for Hitoshi Sensei, etc. etc.
    So, I don’t want to convince you to buy my product at any cost, I’m just trying to make you understand that the work of every PA here at Daz must be valorized, respected and never moked, with the consciousness that you can always get high quality products at affordable prices that you’ll never find in any other 3D store. Thanks for your understanding!

Mechasar, I own enough of your items that it was worth it to me to buy the pack at forty-odd dollars, but you may want to have a word with the Daz gods, because the pack is kind of broken in the DIM downloader. The only parts of the pack it is showing as downloadable for me are Beverly and Evil Pumpkin ... and it's not screening based on what I already own because, as it happens, those are two of your originals I DON'T own.

Going to my Product Library page allows me manual download options for all of the parts EXCEPT Mr. Gammon's add-on, which has no download options at all.

• kfox65kfox65 Posts: 59

Personally, I am delighted by the new Mechasar pack https://www.daz3d.com/mechasar-mega-add-ons-pack-1. It's nice to see a vendor bundle up a whole bunch of stuff instead of forcing you to pay for each and every piece seperately. I've about had it with having to buy 5 different items just to get one total outfit or character.

• NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 109

Throwing in my support for Mechasar too!  Truly one of the best artists selling here at DAZ.  I purchased the add-on pack and even a couple extra items from his list, whcih puts me near half of his library.  If you even own more than two items, this is a good deal!

As a PA, I can also appreciate the stupid amounts of work and time that must have gone into making this collection.  It's almost insulting to be offering it for that LOW of a price.  People should definetly be paid for their work and time put into making these products. 

@ Mechasar.  Congrats on the excellent set! I hope to be adding more of your products to my collection to take full advantage of your add-ons set. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Hylas said:

Mechasar said:

Hi there! Thank you for appreciating my characters, sorry to hear that complaint. But I think it’s up to me only to establish if one of my product is “unfortunate” or not, don’t you think so? ;-)

I very much disagree! One does not have to be the creator of a work in order to have an opinion about it. Any public work is fair game to be praised, critisised, or discussed by anybody.

Just to be super clear, I do not think your new product is overpriced. But your decision to release all the add-on's together as one big bundle does not work for me.

That isnt always up to the PA. Daz can say it needs to be 1,2,3 packs or a bundle 

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 567

Hylas said:

Mechasar said:

I also Very much disagree.

You do not get to say if we (possable cutomers) have the right to an opinion . if we think its "unfortunate" you have this or that in a bundle, then that is our right, to think it and say so.

if people deside not to buy something because of the way it is packaged. Then that is unfortunate, for you the seller. Because  you have lost a sale. 

• TBH problems with downloading anything or with faulty metadata more often than not are DAZ and not PA.

frank0314 said:

Hylas said:

That isnt always up to the PA. Daz can say it needs to be 1,2,3 packs or a bundle 

Oh, I didn't know that!

"your the decision to release all the add-on's together as one big bundle does not work for me."

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 260

PixelSploiting said:

TBH problems with downloading anything or with faulty metadata more often than not are DAZ and not PA.

Am aware, but if the PA goes to Daz and says "hey, my product appears to be broken for some people, could you check on that?" there is much more of a chance that Daz will actually look at the problem than if one of us schlubs reports it. For that matter, even though forum policy is very clearly "Daz tech does not read these forums, the only official channel for a bug report is the ticketing system," the odds of them doing something about it if a forum moderator sees the problem and reports it to them are higher than if we file a ticket.

I'm trying to phrase this in a way that doesn't sound like unconstructive criticism, so how about if we call it personal opinion, which might be safe enough to pass: I have lost all confidence, speaking only personally, in Daz support, and I no longer file tickets, because I assume they will just go unhandled. The only tickets I have ever had any sort of reasonably good or diligent service on in the past year are refund requests.

Hi guys! Do you really want to clog this thread up with philosophical arguments about freedom of opinion? Oh, come on! Maybe there was a misunderstanding here, due to the word duplicity. If “unfortunate” was meant as “bad”, yeah, that’s an legitimate opinion, I misread it. If it was actually meant as “unluky”, so referred to the future potential of the product, well… that’s just a personal prediction with no data in hand, because the only one who can verify, confirm or disprove that fact are the Daz team and I. But please keep in mind that there’s always more than one way to give their opinion, and the better the words you use the more elegant and appreciated is your opinion. This discussion is over for me, hope it’s over for you too ;) Now let’s all go back to the thread topic, meanwhile I have to give my assistance to users who can’t download the files, thanks.

columbine said:

Mechasar said:

Mechasar, I own enough of your items that it was worth it to me to buy the pack at forty-odd dollars, but you may want to have a word with the Daz gods, because the pack is kind of broken in the DIM downloader. The only parts of the pack it is showing as downloadable for me are Beverly and Evil Pumpkin ... and it's not screening based on what I already own because, as it happens, those are two of your originals I DON'T own.

Going to my Product Library page allows me manual download options for all of the parts EXCEPT Mr. Gammon's add-on, which has no download options at all.

Problem reported