Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

billyben_0077a25354 said:

Well it looks like today's releases saved me some money.  The only tning that really interested me was KOO Tyson to balance out al of the females I have and whoops, no anatimical elements, no sale.

A very valid point and I agree. Since G9 is unimesh, PAs should start having both male and female anatomical MATs included IMO

• FSMCDesigns said:

Well it looks like today's releases saved me some money.  The only tning that really interested me was KOO Tyson to balance out al of the females I have and whoops, no anatimical elements, no sale.

A very valid point and I agree. Since G9 is unimesh, PAs should start having both male and female anatomical MATs included IMO

That's a fair amount of extra work, and will drive the prices up acccordingly. I'd rather they didn't.  

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

butterflyfish said:

FSMCDesigns said:

That's a fair amount of extra work, and will drive the prices up acccordingly. I'd rather they didn't.  

Please tell this also to PAs who spend their time with all those makeup options for female figures... who needs them anyway when LIE or Shell makeups are available...

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

new Stoney looks nice

https://www.daz3d.com/the-streets-of-the-medieval

finally did a video render, roughly 4 hours which is not bad

of course populated it will likely take longer

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

Men's clothes for G9 that look good! Good work, Daz. But I still need some relaxed fit flare jeans from whoever can make them.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

xyer0 said:

Men's clothes for G9 that look good! Good work, Daz. But I still need some relaxed fit flare jeans from whoever can make them.

I'm tired of skinny straight pants on men. Urgh...I've never seen them look good on anyone. And is it the new fashion for a dropped crotch? I saw an outfit with a low crotch and I don't like the look of that either :'(. I really like that long jacket, but the rest of the outfit looks "goofy" (straight leg pants that are floods and big, clunky footwear). No offense to the creator, but I won't buy it just for the jacket :( At least there were a couple outfits I did like :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

WendyLuvsCatz said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

new Stoney looks nice

....Stoemason perfection for sure.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

Vekko hair looks great from the side, especially the right side. I find it looks good-but-not-great from the front. I actually have that issue with many male hairs by various vendors, is it just me?

Today's expression collection looks really good! But I can't help but notice that it's mostly soft expressions, nothing too extreme. And soft expressions are the easiest to make, it's the extreme ones that are tough to get right.

• Accurate plumbing details are appreciated on the apartment laundry set.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,330
    edited November 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

new Stoney looks nice

One thing Stonemason does really well is keep resources manageable. Your cameras have a smooth fluid motion. Really helped give a sense of the location.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251

Commenting from positive to not so positive:

KuJ Fashion Jacket Suit for Genesis 9 - I'm buying for the versatile jacket/vest combo, the shirt and the shoes. The jeans are disappointing with the lack of back pockets and I'm not crazy about the fit. I probably won't use them. 

Business Casual dForce Outfit - I'm buying. Great jacket, comes with poses to really get the most out of dforce. Pants are well detailed even if I'm not crazy about the style. Shirt and shoes are fine. 

HL Loafers and Oxford Shoes, dForce Core Zone Outfit - very nicely made, but a very specific look. I don't think I'd have a use for them, but they look great.

Antonio dForce Long Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Male and Genesis 9, STF Brutal Gear - Helmet 01, Hugo Pompadour Hair, Vekko University Hair - nicely made, not my thing

Sunny Road - This one has me torn. I don't like camp shirts as a style, and I don't think the collar area and rolled sleeve detail was executed well. The shorts look good at first glance, but the sitting promo looks horrible in the crotch. But it comes with nice poses for dressing/undressing and hand in pockets, which is nice. 

dForce KuJ Fashion Coat Suit - No buttons, no button holes. Looking at how the lapel rumples in the promo shot, it's not worth the hassle to me. The turtleneck might be nice, I'm assuming the pants aren't meant to be seen without the jacket, so pass. 

Michael 9 Freeze the Day Bundle - I'm confused. The promo shows the Fashion Jacket Suit but it's not in the bundle. I'mnot going to buy it anyway, but I'm not sure what's going on there. It doesn't look like thayt outfit is in any bundle. 

JoeQuick said:

It's a good point though.  I wonder how hard it would be for me (or anyone else) to use diffuse overlay to blend the medium (default) skin with the dark skin.

Edit: it was pretty easy.  These files should get folded into the main product at some point, but here they are until then.

Oh wow, only seeing this now. Very cool!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hylas said:

Vekko hair looks great from the side, especially the right side. I find it looks good-but-not-great from the front. I actually have that issue with many male hairs by various vendors, is it just me?

Today's expression collection looks really good! But I can't help but notice that it's mostly soft expressions, nothing too extreme. And soft expressions are the easiest to make, it's the extreme ones that are tough to get right.

Relative to the Victoria 9 HD Expressions I am not liking either of the Michael 9 expression sets. Victoria 9's expressions look like just so much more effort was put into them.

As far as specific products today (20221123), I like the Fitzgeraldplatz product. The clothing products too but, well, I'm sure they'll be several nearly identical clothing products during the run of G9.

• Why do they call them Oxford shoes when they are very clearly derbys! They look great though, just going to need to tag them for myself when I'm trying to find them. Not that I have many G9 shoes to sort through yet.

Glad to see a lot of nice contemporary clothing pieces for G9, and even if the promos are almost all with the masculine shape or Michael 9 applied, most of this clothing looks like it will be good on a variety of body types. On the KuJ Fashion Jacket Suit I'm glad I looked through all the promo images, because that vest is a great option.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Thrilled to see so many things for the male characters. Now ready to scoop them up, even though I'm not a fan of leggings on guys either. There is plenty to like though.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961
    edited November 2022

In keeping with this being an appreciation thread, I wanted to mention something I was happy to see wth the sweater for the fashion coat suit. Turtlenecks/roll necks can be tough for the figure rigging in Studio, first image attached is the figure posed with no simulation run. It's fine, it's acceptable and what I would expect from a turtleneck in studio on a DAZ figure. Second image is after running the simulation with the settings built into the clothing. The side of the neck where it is bending away keeps it's size instead of stretching and it reveals more of the figure, and on the front you get a fold (but not a sharp, crunchy crease) where you would expect. The best part is that the collar keeps its general shape instead of collapsing down to the chest. I just want to give credit here for very nice results on something that I have had mixed experiences with other clothing like it in the past.

Now that I've said all that, talking about today's products in general and not this product specifically, like several others have mentioned I'm also underwhelmed by the majority of the pants for Genesis 9.

G9_sweater_no_simulation.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    G9_sweater_simulated.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

AllenArt said:

xyer0 said:

I'm tired of skinny straight pants on men. Urgh...I've never seen them look good on anyone. And is it the new fashion for a dropped crotch? I saw an outfit with a low crotch and I don't like the look of that either :'(. I really like that long jacket, but the rest of the outfit looks "goofy" (straight leg pants that are floods and big, clunky footwear). No offense to the creator, but I won't buy it just for the jacket :( At least there were a couple outfits I did like :)

I'm waiting on a breakout sale for that coat. Probably for pieces of the Business Casual set as well. I'm not sure that an actual person could get his feet through the ankles of those pants. 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262

JOdel said:

AllenArt said:

xyer0 said:

I'm waiting on a breakout sale for that coat. Probably for pieces of the Business Casual set as well. I'm not sure that an actual person could get his feet through the ankles of those pants. 

Those sort of pants have a lot of spandex in the weave so they are pretty easy to put on. Wet suits are a challenge!

Casey is such a cutie!

I don't use G9 (yet) so it's an automatic pass for me, but I'm low-key bummed out about it :/

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,262
    edited November 2022

Hylas said:

Casey is such a cutie!

I don't use G9 (yet) so it's an automatic pass for me, but I'm low-key bummed out about it :/

He renders easy even on my ancient Mac!

Casey.jpg
    1013 x 787 - 131K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on

nemesis10 said:

He renders easy even on my ancient Mac!

He looks great!

Pose Companion for Genesis 9 definitely looks useful.

Unfortunately, not a whole lot released is of interest to me. I'm a maybe on Shape Shift for Genesis 9. From the promos, it looks like it's mostly focused on improving a feminine figure. From a sales standpoint, make total sense. That's not what I'm interested in, though. I could buy it and see what it does for a masculine shape, returning it if I don't like it. That's not a routine I want to get into. 

• So, if anyone happened to have gotten the SU Hoodies product today and has a quick render of what it looks like from the back, specifically the hood part, it would help me to appreciate the product more and figure out if there's a gap in my wardrobe that needs filling :) . I have to admit, and not picking on this vendor as they are far from the only one who does it, when there's a clothing set that doesn't have any pictures from the back, I get a bit suspicious of how the back looks. Same for characters too really.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,884
    edited December 2022

Simulated on the left, plain on the right (not that I can see much difference)

SU Summer Hoodie.jpg
    942 x 866 - 76K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thank you, I assume that's ears or patches on the hood and not some pokethrough from a lining on the hood? Exactly what I wanted to see, thanks!

• Yes, the ears are decorative elements on the hood.

• Thanks.

Now, I don't wish to derail the thread, but because it is relevant to this product, can anyone point me towards a quick instructions/tutorial on how I can view the weight mapping that is already applied to a dforce item? I know how to add maps and all of that, but it seems like every time I try that I just overwrite whatever was there, I want to see what is already there. I am trying to see if I can "unstick" something with this product.

• If you have the Node Weightmap Brush tool active, select the node in the Scene pane, and select the map in Tool Settings pane you should see its current state.

• Hm, ok, looks like I want to adjust the overall settings and there isn't a weightmap being applied then. Thanks again!