Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,018
    edited December 2022

So the rest of y'all know the answer, the Sprite Sundries are the first in a series of ktis that I am planning, but it's the only one that's been made, and the others won't be in the same theme or bundled in the future :D I tend to overdo making characters and make a lot of extras, and I'd have to charge way more to leave everything in, and I don't want to do that, so instead I decided to package that stuff up together to make it available for y'all in kits like this one :D 

This is awesome news and I'm really looking forward to what you come up with! I love that your characters have come with so many options, but since I usually mostly have the morphs I need, addon kits like this are exactly what I'm looking for.
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Guid Hall looks pretty cool!

But I wish sets like these came with billboards or low-poly, low-res characters to populate the scene; in this case the balconies.

I understand that this would mean a significant amount of extra work for the creator, but it would make the sets so much more useful.

• I just want to say how much I appreciate the artists who add masculine fits to G9 clothing. It's one of the things I was looking forward to with this generation -- no longer having to shove everything through the Cross-Figure setup -- so it's been a disappointment to find otherwise in places. Especially when the guys can look so good in things like the Comfy Style outfit! Now I just wish I had a sweater like this too...

deerman2-3.jpg
    600 x 960 - 189K
  • galiengalien Posts: 136

marcus.ames said:

Bluejaunte's back on top of their game with Tyler, too.

I like the character, but I've opened a support ticket as the eyeball's tend to poke through the lower eyelid when simple expressions are applied.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,001
    edited December 2022
    Christmas Isabella Crop Top Outfit is smoking hot. There's a lot of lingerie and skimpwear hitting the store on a regular basis, but it's been a while since an outfit made me say "Wow." And it's for G8 and 8.1, too. :)

Daz owes Beautyworks a "thank you" - I was going to pass on the Minerva offer, but this is the perfect new release to trigger the better discounts and make the cart.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • galien said:

marcus.ames said:

I like the character, but I've opened a support ticket as the eyeball's tend to poke through the lower eyelid when simple expressions are applied.

Lyra/Young Lyra have the same issue, and before knowing I can do something like a support ticket, I always compensated by scaling the eyes down 3.5%. But yeah, I noticed the same after posing her a bit. Fingers crossed.

edited December 2022

marcus.ames said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

Lyra/Young Lyra have the same issue, and before knowing I can do something like a support ticket, I always compensated by scaling the eyes down 3.5%. But yeah, I noticed the same after posing her a bit. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for confirming that you also have this issue.

For Tyler, the best solution I have found is to set the hidden Eyes morph "Eye Whole Size" back to zero.  When the character loads this is set to an increase of 20% (I don't understand why).

Post edited by galien on
  • Destiny's DesignDestiny's Design Posts: 58
    edited December 2022

Linton said:

richardandtracy said:

I do like the 'Classic Earring Collection' https://www.daz3d.com/classic-earring-collection-for-genesis-8-81-and-9. Nice, understated and beautifully modelled with a good range of character support. The range of material options is impressive too. Regards, Richard

Any idea who the male morph face is in the promo? Classic Earring Collection for Genesis 8, 8.1, and 9 by: Censored, 3D Models by Daz 3D

Hey there! I'm the promo Artist behind the promos for this product, the character is just one I made as I was messing around. I'm no character artist, so you won't find it on any store.

Post edited by Destiny's Design on
  • I enjoy seeing distinctive characters. Mousso's Reese and Albany are distinctive, as is CynderBlue's 'Blue' character (whom I often feel I foolishly neglect, but I'm not too keen on the greyish skin texture and don't use a different texture when I should - mea culpa). And now I think I've seen the first G9 entry in that little list, CynderBlue's Destiny. A strong, angular face with a power of personality behind it. I like. Regards, Richard.
  • beulahdroyds, if that's a 'messing around' character, then there's a good chance you've missed a calling. Definitely impressive. Regards, Richard.
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

For Tyler, the best solution I have found is to set the hidden Eyes morph "Eye Whole Size" back to zero.  When the character loads this is set to an increase of 20% (I don't understand why).

This is simply me fitting the eyeball to the eye socket. It's always a compromise, do I fit the socket to the eye or the eye to the socket. Probably a combination of both in the end, whatever I feel looks the way I want. Scaling down eye socket is going to make the eyes smaller compared to the rest of the face so this may not be what I want.

As for eyes poking through with some expressions: I just tested with some V9 expressions and indeed I get quite strong poke through with some. I'm so sorry for that, though I'm not sure I can fix this short of making JCM's which I can obviously not do for all expressions ever released. If Lyra had this too I can assume this is because both characters are a bit more goggle-eyed, I think is the word? but I'm sure it's also just a general eye socket shape issue. Naturally we don't want every character to have the same eye socket. Occasional issues with some expressions can be expected I think.

Anyway, with the eyes being separate geometry now the fix is pretty easy. Simply select an eye in the scene, or say "Left Eye" in the Scene tab (not the Genesis 9 Eyes item), then move it around as you would any object. With a somewhat extreme expression it hopefully won't be noticable that the eye is now technically in the wrong place. Case by case I guess.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

If someone gets the G9 clones, I'd be interested to know how well G9 long hair auto-fits to G8.

I find that Genesis long hair auto-fits reasonably well to G8.

But G3 long hair looks atrocious on G8 when using auto-fit.
    Of course between G3 and G8 you can use the Scene Identification method, so no need to use auto-fit.

I forget about G2 to G8. I might not have any G2 long hair, now that I think about it.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited December 2022

MMX Genesis 9 Clones for All - https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

Works in 4.10, tested down to Genesis.

G9 to Genesis Autofit 1.png
    2413 x 1015 - 300K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip02 said:

MMX Genesis 9 Clones for All - https://www.daz3d.com/mmx-genesis-9-clones-for-all

Hey @Bunyip02 ! Rather than create a separate thread for this, can I ask you (or anyone else who has bought) whether this product only works to convert Genesis 9 hair and clothing "downwards" to G8.1 - G or does it work the other way too? So, basically, does it allow you to autofit previous generation hair and clothing to G9? Sorry if that's a very stupid question but the product discription is very short. I'm having a nightmare autofitting previous gen hair to genesis 9! 

lana_lass said:

Bunyip02 said:

Hey @Bunyip02 ! Rather than create a separate thread for this, can I ask you (or anyone else who has bought) whether this product only works to convert Genesis 9 hair and clothing "downwards" to G8.1 - G or does it work the other way too? So, basically, does it allow you to autofit previous generation hair and clothing to G9? Sorry if that's a very stupid question but the product discription is very short. I'm having a nightmare autofitting previous gen hair to genesis 9! 

Hello Lana

It's for converting downwards from G9, does not go the other way.

Sickleyield did a package for converting upwards but I don't think it includes hair, I have it wishlisted but am yet to buy it -  https://www.daz3d.com/sy-ultra-templates-for-genesis-9

edited December 2022

Hello again Lana

Have you tried fitting to none when you specify "What type of item is it?" autofit the hair ?

This is a long hair that has been autofitted to none.

G9 Autofit Hair 1.png
    2424 x 1018 - 380K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,092

Linton said:

richardandtracy said:

I do like the 'Classic Earring Collection' https://www.daz3d.com/classic-earring-collection-for-genesis-8-81-and-9. Nice, understated and beautifully modelled with a good range of character support. The range of material options is impressive too. Regards, Richard

Any idea who the male morph face is in the promo? Classic Earring Collection for Genesis 8, 8.1, and 9 by: Censored, 3D Models by Daz 3D

Hey there! I'm the promo Artist behind the promos for this product, the character is just one I made as I was messing around. I'm no character artist, so you won't find it on any store.

Do you at least remember or have the "recipe" to the morphs you used in your "messing around"?
  • richardandtracy said:

beulahdroyds, if that's a 'messing around' character, then there's a good chance you've missed a calling. Definitely impressive. Regards, Richard.

haha, thanks! Well, I have wondered about getting into character creation. I just don't know where to start really. This was my first attempt (bar one really bad one that I spent 10mins on) but if I could find the resources to help me get properly started, I would be aiming to make this guy into an actual genesis Character one day.

• MimicMolly said:

beulahdroyds said:

Linton said:

richardandtracy said:

Do you at least remember or have the "recipe" to the morphs you used in your "messing around"?

Unfortunately, I don't, but if I can figure out learning how to properly make characters I would love to fully flesh this character out as an actual Genesis Character

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873

Bunyip02 said:

lana_lass said:

Bunyip02 said:

Hello Lana

It's for converting downwards from G9, does not go the other way.

Sickleyield did a package for converting upwards but I don't think it includes hair, I have it wishlisted but am yet to buy it -  https://www.daz3d.com/sy-ultra-templates-for-genesis-9

To be clear, Genesis 9 comes with its own clones for using older Genesis outfits and hair.  Sickleyield's product is templates to help you tell Daz Studio what type of outfit the item is so it can hopefully work better on Genesis 9.

And yes, mine allows you to use Genesis 9 outfits and hair on the older Genesis figures.

edited December 2022

bluejaunte said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

This is simply me fitting the eyeball to the eye socket. It's always a compromise, do I fit the socket to the eye or the eye to the socket. Probably a combination of both in the end, whatever I feel looks the way I want. Scaling down eye socket is going to make the eyes smaller compared to the rest of the face so this may not be what I want.

As for eyes poking through with some expressions: I just tested with some V9 expressions and indeed I get quite strong poke through with some. I'm so sorry for that, though I'm not sure I can fix this short of making JCM's which I can obviously not do for all expressions ever released. If Lyra had this too I can assume this is because both characters are a bit more goggle-eyed, I think is the word? but I'm sure it's also just a general eye socket shape issue. Naturally we don't want every character to have the same eye socket. Occasional issues with some expressions can be expected I think.

Anyway, with the eyes being separate geometry now the fix is pretty easy. Simply select an eye in the scene, or say "Left Eye" in the Scene tab (not the Genesis 9 Eyes item), then move it around as you would any object. With a somewhat extreme expression it hopefully won't be noticable that the eye is now technically in the wrong place. Case by case I guess.

@bluejaunte, you may be right but I'm not convinced that nothing can be done to fix (or at least improve) this.  To give an idea of the scale of the issue, I tested Tyler using a standing pose with the character looking to the left.  Out of the 36 expressions in the "Genesis 9 Expressions" pack, 22 showed eyeball poke-through with Tyler.  I have five other Genesis 9 characters and none showed any eyeball poke-through in this test.

Post edited by galien on
  • galien said:

bluejaunte said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

galien said:

marcus.ames said:

@bluejaunte, you may be right but I'm not convinced that nothing can be done to fix (or at least improve) this.  To give an idea of the scale of the issue, I tested Tyler using a standing pose with the character looking to the left.  Out of the 36 expressions in the "Genesis 9 Expressions" pack, 22 showed eyeball poke-through with Tyler.  I have five other Genesis 9 characters and none showed any eyeball poke-through in this test.

i think it would be difficult to fix without changing her appearance... the socket falls off steeply under the eye (and i like it a lot for side profile shots) but like you say there is poke-through on many of the expressions.

i hope a decision can be made before the return period expires?

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    "All the ladies in the house.... the ladies, the ladies"
  • The updated Genesis 9 Starter bundle has a couple of added projection templates for hair.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited December 2022

Tyler is not the first character where I've encountered this. Sometimes I even had this on extremely morphed characters of my own making. It just happens with non-standard faces.

Easiest way is to translate the eyeball slightly away from the eyelid. With a translation tool.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • Anyone been using MMX Genesis 9 Clones for All? Do G9 clothing and hair work well on G8 using the clones?

I've acquired some G9 items for "free" via the recent sales - the bundle deals were attractive despite factoring the value of the G9 content at zero. It'd be nice to be able to make use of some of those outfits and hairs, but I'm not in a hurry and could wait for a converter if the G9 items released so far are proving to be a hassle for G8.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140

Catherine3678ab said:

The updated Genesis 9 Starter bundle has a couple of added projection templates for hair.

Searched for that bundle, not finding it.  Unhid all that I own.  So if there is a link to that or if you didn't name the bundle exactly then I'd love to know.  Hair projection templates are a must!  

• RAMWolff said:

Catherine3678ab said:

The updated Genesis 9 Starter bundle has a couple of added projection templates for hair.

Searched for that bundle, not finding it.  Unhid all that I own.  So if there is a link to that or if you didn't name the bundle exactly then I'd love to know.  Hair projection templates are a must!  

It's the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials, not a bundle. They were updated to include hair templates. I also noticed the 4k textures for the female basic outfit were replaced with 2k ones for some reason, so back up the old ones if you want them.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140

ah, OK, thank you ioonrxoon

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221

A for effort, but ultimately a no for today's items. The Klaus outfit has poke-through issues on the pants in the promo. The tunic conformed to the underbreast in a way I don't like, there's no detail for button holes and I think the belt looks like it's floating on the surface instead of cinching in. I wouldn't mind so much if there were belt loops, but there aren't. The elf outfit has the same belt issue, with the bonus of there being no belt tail.