Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248

Vinme Morphs for Genesis 9 looks like it offers a lot in one package. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

Timbales said:

I just took it out of my cart waiting for other's opinions. The morph list looks very useful but the promo images are awful. If anyone gets this I'd like to see some better promos, especially of female face and lip morphs. 

• Ha, same thing for me but for some of the masculine morphs. I'm on the fence because it is a lot of morphs and sounds like a good deal, but the promos don't show much in the way of clear "Here it is without the morph, here it is with this/these specific morphs applied". I know they obviously can't do that for every morph or it would be way too many images, but it's hard to get a sense of the kinds of morphs based on names. Especially since the SF morphs have some similar names, these might work really well together.

Well, if I end up getting it before someone else posts I'll try to post some sample images here.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248

Yeah, unforunately the promo shots don't really sell the product

edited December 2022

A lot of the morph names are the same as DAZ O ones, like face heart, face oval, etc...  I'd like to know how they are different. It really needs detailed promos.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 402
    edited December 2022

I was really looking forward to playing with the Siorga Dorcha character and snapped it right up... but it looks like QA only bothered testing the female textures. They can't have tested the male ones or they'd have realised the 'Siorga Human Male' icon loads the 'Siorga Dorcha Male' textures. If you want the human male ones, they seem to be in the '1GoldBlackMale' textures folder... but don't load the face transparency map from the '1MS' folder, or you'll get the creased nose textures. Also, despite loading the textures from the '1GoldBlackMale' folder, his nipples seem to be in the middle of his pecs and there are some odd baked-in lines.

I've not really had the time to play with it today to figure out exactly which textures go where (there are 11 folders in total for this character), and this is a real head-scratcher for me. I really like G9, but I've run into so many ridiculous problems just in the space of a month that I'm starting to wonder if DAZ actually do too. I just wanted a nice texture for my dark elves!

(Also I think I accidentally dial-spun Ryan Gosling.)

siorga-human.jpg
    667 x 1000 - 464K
    Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Cute render!

Siorga Dorcha is very nice character and obviously high end!

• As a sampler platter, here is a look at the Vinme morph full face shapes. https://www.daz3d.com/vinme-morphs-for-genesis-9

There weren't always DAZ equivalents by name, but where there were I included them for reference. Overall I don't know that I would have missed the morphs if I didn't have them, but I like them enough and think they are distinct enough from other morphs I already got to make them useful for me. The morphs labeled "DAZ" are the ones from the main Daz Original shape packs that were available, I figure those are the most common ones for people to have already with similar names.

As a note, I am getting a duplicate formula error now which I'm pretty sure is from this morph set, I'll uninstall to verify and open a ticket if that's the case, but no big deal.

If these are useful to anyone else I will try to do some more while the morph pack is on its introductory sale. If I do that I'll probably start another thread to not take over this one. Sorry not sorry about the human eyes in the doll skin, I didn't realize it would look like that at first and once I saw a render it was too creepy/funny not to leave as it is.

G9_base-face-aged.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-aged_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_diamond_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_heart.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_heart_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_oblong_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_round_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_round.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_square.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_square_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-shape_triangle_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-vinme_shapes.png
    2160 x 2880 - 4M
    G9_base-face-younger.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
    G9_base-face-younger_comparison.png
    3240 x 1440 - 3M
  • And some examples with texture maps.

G9_maps-face_aged.png
    2160 x 2880 - 7M
    G9_maps-face_shape_heart.png
    2160 x 2880 - 6M
    G9_maps-face_shape_round.png
    2160 x 2880 - 6M
    G9_maps-face_shape_square.png
    2160 x 2880 - 7M
    G9_maps-face_shape_younger.png
    2160 x 2880 - 6M
    G9_maps-face-Vinme_Fem_Shapes.png
    2160 x 2880 - 5M
    G9_maps-face-Vinme_Masc_Shapes.png
    2160 x 2880 - 6M
  • ms_artms_art Posts: 25

AlmightyQUEST said:

As a sampler platter, here is a look at the Vinme morph full face shapes. https://www.daz3d.com/vinme-morphs-for-genesis-9

There weren't always DAZ equivalents by name, but where there were I included them for reference. Overall I don't know that I would have missed the morphs if I didn't have them, but I like them enough and think they are distinct enough from other morphs I already got to make them useful for me. The morphs labeled "DAZ" are the ones from the main Daz Original shape packs that were available, I figure those are the most common ones for people to have already with similar names.

As a note, I am getting a duplicate formula error now which I'm pretty sure is from this morph set, I'll uninstall to verify and open a ticket if that's the case, but no big deal.

If these are useful to anyone else I will try to do some more while the morph pack is on its introductory sale. If I do that I'll probably start another thread to not take over this one. Sorry not sorry about the human eyes in the doll skin, I didn't realize it would look like that at first and once I saw a render it was too creepy/funny not to leave as it is.

This is really helpful - thank you!! smiley 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Yeah...I'm really sick of all the female stuff already. After 20 plus years, it's gotten REAL old. And the female stuff that HAS come out so far is sorta meh. The nicest clothes were released with Vicky 9 on day one. Ever since, it's been sliding downhill. Pity.

Pax Asteriae said:

You´re not wrong. But I kept thinking, there's someone else he reminds me of... I couldn't place it and it kept bugging me. Until just now, I remembered: a young Ben Foster!

AlmightyQUEST said:

And some examples with texture maps.

'Thanks for this, it's very helpful.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,729

@AlmightyQuest, thank you for pointing me to the source of the duplicate formula error. I bought both the Vinme Morphs and Pixie 9 yesterday, and when I loaded up Pixie 9 to test her, she threw that error. First time for Gen 9.

Later this morning I will also report that to Daz customer service to support your report. We need to keep this generation clean of those errors.

• Hylas said:

Pax Asteriae said:

You´re not wrong. But I kept thinking, there's someone else he reminds me of... I couldn't place it and it kept bugging me. Until just now, I remembered: a young Ben Foster!

Crikey, there's a name I've not seen in a while. You're right... and now I need to watch The Punisher again.

• I'm really digging the Dragon Rider outfit today and was happy to see that it says for G8 and 8.1, but then when I look in the what's included and features, it has (Genesis 9) after everything, like for example:

• Loosen Ankles (Genesis 9)

Has anyone picked this up yet and can check if all those options are just available to G9, or will they all show up if I used it on a G8 character as well? I would greatly appreciate it. 

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 874
    edited December 2022

I like Pixie9. It's uncommon for me to really like toon characters, but this one looks far more interesting than Josie 9 (to me at least). It's something with face and how expressions look on this figure.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 474

Thank you @AlmightyQUEST for adding some details on the vinme-morphs-for-genesis-9. I was looking at this, but am not sure I can really sculpt the faces I want to with what is offered. For example, the older faces do not seem to add glabellar lines or have controls for these on the face. Is there any way to add these using this or other G9 products?

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

benniewoodell said:

I'm really digging the Dragon Rider outfit today and was happy to see that it says for G8 and 8.1, but then when I look in the what's included and features, it has (Genesis 9) after everything, like for example:

Has anyone picked this up yet and can check if all those options are just available to G9, or will they all show up if I used it on a G8 character as well? I would greatly appreciate it. 

I noticed that early this morning and started a separate thread about it, but got only quite a few views, but no answers...

• maikdecker said:

benniewoodell said:

I'm really digging the Dragon Rider outfit today and was happy to see that it says for G8 and 8.1, but then when I look in the what's included and features, it has (Genesis 9) after everything, like for example:

I noticed that early this morning and started a separate thread about it, but got only quite a few views, but no answers...

Oh! I didn't see that. I'm going to follow your other thread too then and hope someone lets us know what's up. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Shimrian said:

Thank you @AlmightyQUEST for adding some details on the vinme-morphs-for-genesis-9. I was looking at this, but am not sure I can really sculpt the faces I want to with what is offered. For example, the older faces do not seem to add glabellar lines or have controls for these on the face. Is there any way to add these using this or other G9 products?

If it were me, I'd wait for Zev0's Aging morphs product for Genesis 9. It might be awhile tho, but they're always excellently done ;). 

• Right now there's conflict between Vinme morphs and previously released morph packs for G9, I need to check which G9 morph pack exactly is causing it. 

• PixelSploiting said:

Right now there's conflict between Vinme morphs and previously released morph packs for G9, I need to check which G9 morph pack exactly is causing it. 

Body Morphs, at least - the morphs here have unique main names but truncate them to the name of the standard morph in the formulas, so of course they conflict.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,729
    edited December 2022

PixelSploiting said:

I like Pixie9. It's uncommon for me to really like toon characters, but this one looks far more interesting than Josie 9 (to me at least). It's something with face and how expressions look on this figure.

It was the combination of Pixie 9's face, grin, and CDI's pose pack that sold me on her. I tried her out last night, changing her ears to normal, adjusting her head, and a few bits, and she makes a very nice young girl/pre-teen. My thought is that she can mix with the G9 base to add that innocent child look for a boy or girl, since both sexes show-up in shaping for all G9 characters. 

Post edited by memcneil70 on

Who do you think made Pixie 9? 3D Universe?

• Wonderland said:

Timbales said:

I just took it out of my cart waiting for other's opinions. The morph list looks very useful but the promo images are awful. If anyone gets this I'd like to see some better promos, especially of female face and lip morphs. 

There's, uh, a lot of lip morphs, any names/areas in particular catch your eye?

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
    Hylas said:

I want to guess Josh Crockett because of the Alt Head Shapes and Makeup product. https://www.daz3d.com/head-shapes-and-makeup-for-pixie-9
  • I do like the 'Classic Earring Collection' https://www.daz3d.com/classic-earring-collection-for-genesis-8-81-and-9. Nice, understated and beautifully modelled with a good range of character support. The range of material options is impressive too. Regards, Richard

MimicMolly said:

Hylas said:

I want to guess Josh Crockett because of the Alt Head Shapes and Makeup product. https://www.daz3d.com/head-shapes-and-makeup-for-pixie-9

That would surprise me... nothing in his back catalogue looks like Pixie.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,312

richardandtracy said:

I do like the 'Classic Earring Collection' https://www.daz3d.com/classic-earring-collection-for-genesis-8-81-and-9. Nice, understated and beautifully modelled with a good range of character support. The range of material options is impressive too. Regards, Richard

+1! yes