Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• AllenArt said:

Yeah...I'm really sick of all the female stuff already. After 20 plus years...

This. Is the way.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I like the old G3M Santa Claus Bundle I have better than the newer one so I'm sticking with it. I will eventually get that shopping area product though.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

I'm three days late mentioning the Rockefeller Center prop, but I just bought it yesterday with the Nikolai 9 Mega. I haven't downloaded it yet. The Christmas add-on looks nice, plus I needed some emission for those windows, although the towers don't seem to have window lights. That Prometheus statue looks kinda hokey though. Hopefully the set doesn't use up all the memory I would need for cars and lo-fi pipo with a couple of Genesis.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

xyer0 said:

I'm three days late mentioning the Rockefeller Center prop, but I just bought it yesterday with the Nikolai 9 Mega. I haven't downloaded it yet. The Christmas add-on looks nice, plus I needed some emission for those windows, although the towers don't seem to have window lights. That Prometheus statue looks kinda hokey though. Hopefully the set doesn't use up all the memory I would need for cars and lo-fi pipo with a couple of Genesis.

Good luck! I found it impossible to render in a 10 GB GPU, even after Camera View Optimizer on a single camera view and using Scene Optimizer to reduce textures by a factor of 2. Plus the resulting CPU render with the reduced textures looks bad. Some areas rendered poorly in those conditions. If I could return it I would, immediately, but it was stuffed in the bundle, so I am stuck with it. If you have luck, let us know.

• barbult said:

xyer0 said:

Good luck! I found it impossible to render in a 10 GB GPU, even after Camera View Optimizer on a single camera view and using Scene Optimizer to reduce textures by a factor of 2. Plus the resulting CPU render with the reduced textures looks bad. Some areas rendered poorly in those conditions. If I could return it I would, immediately, but it was stuffed in the bundle, so I am stuck with it. If you have luck, let us know.

FWIW, I am just starting to test my new computer (RTX 3090/24GB GPU/64GB RAM), and I am having trouble with this item also. I found this thread when I started checking to see if I was the only one having issues with it.

If I load the original item and render it straight out of the box with no additional objects or tweaking, it will immediately go to 100% CPU but will render in about 13 minutes. I can't get it to do anything with the Christmas addon. Bummer, because it looks like a potentially cool item.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...been a long, long time since I bought a bundle but the Old Victorian House Bundle was one I definitely have use for. 

• kyoto kid said:

...been a long, long time since I bought a bundle but the Old Victorian House Bundle was one I definitely have use for. 

It's gorgeous! I've been waiting for it to drop since I saw it advertised.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Oh DAMN, new horse!!!!

• Gordig said:

Oh DAMN, new horse!!!!

Already in my cart, though I'm a little unclear on what is available and when. Anything horsey is a must-have the day it comes out for me. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Thanks, @barbult & @paulawp(marahzen). I have no patience for that; so, I'll just leave it in DIM. Maybe I'll try it on Boost for Daz.

So, Daz Horse 3 is on pre-sale. Please disregard how we treated you with the Victoria 9 pre-sale. That was a one-time thing, I mean, if you don't count the Pass thingy. I said, "Don't count it."

I wonder what they mean by "upgraded access?" Let's leave it up to rumour. Looks like Daz Horse no longer has a bald spot. I'll just stick with Harry (Hivewire Horse) for now.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited December 2022

WOOHOO!!  I got the whole Horse 3 Sleigh Ride Bundle for $14.35 by purchasing another item and using my Monthly Coupon.  WOW!  Downloading Horse 3 now! (it is available right away!)

[Edited]  And here it is in my DIM

Screenshot 2022-12-24 025810_Horse3.png
    946 x 745 - 185K
    Screenshot 2022-12-24 025810_Horse3b.png
    825 x 1187 - 227K
    Screenshot 2022-12-24 025810_Horse3c.png
    935 x 776 - 99K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245

Did a quick render of the new Reindeer for Horse 3...pretty happy with it

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited December 2022

Gogger said:

WOOHOO!!  I got the whole Horse 3 Sleigh Ride Bundle for $14.35 by purchasing another item and using my Monthly Coupon.

Weird. My Sleigh Ride bundle is showing $11.47 with no coupon applied.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,345

@smoke14, lovely render! - Got the bundle too as soon as I saw it, it was 14 dollars and a little change for me without any other item or coupon. Happy with the price and the bundle. And finally, the SLEIGH!!!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

DAZ made me spend way too much today again but how can I pass up bundles for $7-$9? I missed the $10 bundle sale but was able to get 4 bundles under $9 and one $11.55. Items come out to about $1.50 each and the new horse bundle was $11.47, making the individual items average $1.91! At DAZ when the deals are good, they are very good and it's worth waiting to get them. So many new toys to play with.  Merry Christmas everyone! (Now if I could just get DS to work correctly and load G8F in less than 2 hours!) 

And great render @smoke14!

• wow it's 63USD for me

pass

not joining DAZ+ devil I really should render Harry more

• Wonderland said:

DAZ made me spend way too much today again but how can I pass up bundles for $7-$9? I missed the $10 bundle sale but was able to get 4 bundles under $9 and one $11.55. Items come out to about $1.50 each and the new horse bundle was $11.47, making the individual items average $1.91! At DAZ when the deals are good, they are very good and it's worth waiting to get them. So many new toys to play with.  Merry Christmas everyone! (Now if I could just get DS to work correctly and load G8F in less than 2 hours!) 

And great render @smoke14!

Aww...man, I'm a dumb dumb...I completely missed that.  Snagged up the horse bundle, but didn't notice that I could get other bundles too!  Waaah!

• Huge thanks to KindredArts and RavenLoor for DirtFX, I've been desperate for something like this for G9! heart

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited December 2022

I like Horse 2 better as a horse, I think, but the reindeer is adorable and I'm interested to see what other breeds and creatures come out for this one. If someone wants to make a fantasy-style large mountain goat or bighorn sheep for riding, I have money in my money launcher AND would be eternally in your debt. ฅ/ᐠ。ᆽ。ᐟ \

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • Gordig said:

Oh DAMN, new horse!!!!

Got to see a LOT more before I buy. So far the promo image does NOT impress me a lot as a life long horse person and traditional equestrian artist. In fact it doesn't look too much different than the prior version which has me worried.  Hopefully I'll be proved wrong when the other packages come out because I'd LOVE to have something with improved joint bends, better anatomy and MUCH better breed morphs.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,901
    edited December 2022

Yeah, I'll be getting the horse. I don't really need it, it looks wonderful though, but some of the bundles are showing up for around a buck that I want that are in the deep discount category, like the woodland witch bundle. So five of those bundles would far exceed the cost of the horse 3, so what the heck, why not. 

Post edited by benniewoodell on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 2022

yeah too much disparity in non DAZ+ pricing for me to even consider it even though a lovely person gave me a gift certificate the other day heart

often the differences are reasonable but not $50 difference surprise

everything is aimed at DAZ+ members only here now even the thread about it is hidden in their forum

the plus is my spending total I used to see with DAZ-Deals when I had it enabled has barely increased since I didn't renew almost a year ago yes

it has stayed at 25K USD which in itself is shocking but over 14 years not really blush

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I'm very happy to see the new Sleigh Ride Bundle although I have to wait to buy it. 

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 776

Splashed on the victorian house and the sliegh bundle and got the Ski bundle  for 6 bucks worth if just for the helicopter

but thats my budget bust for this year and January LOL

• Yay the new horse is coming out! I'll get the reindeer bundle and waited so long for Daz Horse 3! There is so much they can do with horses not just with realism but stylization too. They are such sweet animals. 

They can have medieval, unicorn, and equestrian bundles and from the reindeer bundle description there might be morph bundles like there are for people but if we get the sleigh ride bundle we'll get those packs for free when they're released. The sleigh ride pack itself also looks like it has so many good things too. Then I can render someone petting a reindeer which would be so cute!

Maybe the new dragon will come soon too

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,063

I really wasn't going to buy anything fo the rest of the year but the sleigh bundle for $ 14.33.- (without coupon) was irresistible. A pack like that was long overdue.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

BandoriFan said:

Yay the new horse is coming out! I'll get the reindeer bundle and waited so long for Daz Horse 3! There is so much they can do with horses not just with realism but stylization too. They are such sweet animals. 

They can have medieval, unicorn, and equestrian bundles and from the reindeer bundle description there might be morph bundles like there are for people but if we get the sleigh ride bundle we'll get those packs for free when they're released. The sleigh ride pack itself also looks like it has so many good things too. Then I can render someone petting a reindeer which would be so cute!

Where did you get the idea that you'd get "those other packs for free"? I don't se the word "free" any place in that ad. It says "You’ll also get upgraded access to all Daz Horse 3 features once released, including morphs for different sizes and breeds, improved mane and tail, additional textures, and more!"

"Upgraded access" is not likely the same as "free".

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

So I could get the Horse pack for ~$ 20.- which might be a good deal.... depending what the Horse and Reindeer might cost at a later sale, as I don't really need anything else from the bundle (which is so often the case, that I own nearly no bundles...)

So, no, no Horse Surprise Bundle for me. I take the risk to have a while for that Reindeer... and I got two horses already...

• So five of those bundles would far exceed the cost of the horse 3, so what the heck, why not. 

Pretty much this. I paid $23.55 total for the sleigh bundle, two 8.1 bundles, two environment bundles, and the FH bundle. Granted, the environments and the FH bundle have been cheap in the past, but all were items that actually interest me, so for that price, the offer works even if DH3 somehow blows.

But it does become a worse deal if you already have or don't want certain products. The discounts for Pro and Mega bundles don't hold a candle to the recent flash sale. It's not even close. Daz set the precedent themselves - those bundles are worth about $10, apparently. If not for the perfect personal constellation of items that I wanted, it would have been a much less attractive proposition.
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

barbult said:

BandoriFan said:

Yay the new horse is coming out! I'll get the reindeer bundle and waited so long for Daz Horse 3! There is so much they can do with horses not just with realism but stylization too. They are such sweet animals. 

Where did you get the idea that you'd get "those other packs for free"? I don't se the word "free" any place in that ad. It says "You’ll also get upgraded access to all Daz Horse 3 features once released, including morphs for different sizes and breeds, improved mane and tail, additional textures, and more!"

"Upgraded access" is not likely the same as "free".

I'm wondering if the horse we are getting is not the full version, just a temporary incomplete version they are sending out before Christmas because the complete product is not finished yet. I may be wrong but I have a feeling we'll be getting product updates for it in DIM. That said, im sure there will be tons of paid content coming up and we'll probably get an orange banner for discounts.