Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Richard Haseltine said:

PixelSploiting said:

Right now there's conflict between Vinme morphs and previously released morph packs for G9, I need to check which G9 morph pack exactly is causing it. 

Body Morphs, at least - the morphs here have unique main names but truncate them to the name of the standard morph in the formulas, so of course they conflict.

So, do we need to put in tickets for this to be fixed, is there any chance of it being fixed, or may I as well return the Vinme morphs?

One assumes this was tested for before release, and yet... 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

AlmightyQUEST said:

Wonderland said:

Timbales said:

Vinme Morphs for Genesis 9 looks like it offers a lot in one package. 

I just took it out of my cart waiting for other's opinions. The morph list looks very useful but the promo images are awful. If anyone gets this I'd like to see some better promos, especially of female face and lip morphs. 

There's, uh, a lot of lip morphs, any names/areas in particular catch your eye?

Well, I broke down and got it. It did seem to include several lip morphs which DAZ was lacking. I can test them myself now, but thanks smiley

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

richardandtracy said:

I do like the 'Classic Earring Collection' https://www.daz3d.com/classic-earring-collection-for-genesis-8-81-and-9. Nice, understated and beautifully modelled with a good range of character support. The range of material options is impressive too. Regards, Richard

Any idea who the male morph face is in the promo? Classic Earring Collection for Genesis 8, 8.1, and 9 by: Censored, 3D Models by Daz 3D

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

I thought he was familiar, and when you asked, I finally looked it up. A young Johnny Depp, from the time he was on '21 Jump Street'.

• Nath said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PixelSploiting said:

Right now there's conflict between Vinme morphs and previously released morph packs for G9, I need to check which G9 morph pack exactly is causing it. 

Body Morphs, at least - the morphs here have unique main names but truncate them to the name of the standard morph in the formulas, so of course they conflict.

So, do we need to put in tickets for this to be fixed, is there any chance of it being fixed, or may I as well return the Vinme morphs?

One assumes this was tested for before release, and yet... 

With these errors it depends on what else was installed. I would say open a ticket, though I will be making my own report.

• krytenkryten Posts: 12

Timbales said:

Yeah, unforunately the promo shots don't really sell the product

i decided to check the forums because the promo images are unlabeled and useless. At least some of the posts there show some of them. 

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 475

AllenArt said:

Shimrian said:

Thank you @AlmightyQUEST for adding some details on the vinme-morphs-for-genesis-9. I was looking at this, but am not sure I can really sculpt the faces I want to with what is offered. For example, the older faces do not seem to add glabellar lines or have controls for these on the face. Is there any way to add these using this or other G9 products?

If it were me, I'd wait for Zev0's Aging morphs product for Genesis 9. It might be awhile tho, but they're always excellently done ;). 

Oh wow, just saw Aging Face Details HD and some of these dials would be perfect! Now I just need to wait for the G9 version to come out... I hope it's next for zev0!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited December 2022

Shimrian said:

AllenArt said:

Shimrian said:

Thank you @AlmightyQUEST for adding some details on the vinme-morphs-for-genesis-9. I was looking at this, but am not sure I can really sculpt the faces I want to with what is offered. For example, the older faces do not seem to add glabellar lines or have controls for these on the face. Is there any way to add these using this or other G9 products?

If it were me, I'd wait for Zev0's Aging morphs product for Genesis 9. It might be awhile tho, but they're always excellently done ;). 

Oh wow, just saw Aging Face Details HD and some of these dials would be perfect! Now I just need to wait for the G9 version to come out... I hope it's next for zev0!

I was more talking about these and these...the ones you linked are sort of an addon for these two ;). And these two will morph the entire body, not just the face ;)

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    I would've gotten VK Athena for G9, if the character would've come with a male chest mat. I've been looking for a similar G9 skin tone for both male and female.
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,099
    edited December 2022

MimicMolly said:

I would've gotten VK Athena for G9, if the character would've come with a male chest mat. I've been looking for a similar G9 skin tone for both male and female.

That sounds to me like you're asking PAs to make (nearly) two characters for the price of one. I hope they don't start doing that on the regular, because then the price of characters will need to go up.

Post edited by butterflyfish on

MimicMolly said:

That sounds to me like you're asking PAs to make (nearly) two characters for the price of one. I hope they don't start doing that on the regular, because then the price of characters will need to go up.

How is just an alternate skin (chest only, no gens) without a shape a separate character? Do you think multiple fantasy makeups and tattoo options, like some characters have, are separate characters too?
  • MimicMolly said:

butterflyfish said:

MimicMolly said:

How is just an alternate skin (chest only, no gens) without a shape a separate character? Do you think multiple fantasy makeups and tattoo options, like some characters have, are separate characters too?

Multiple makeups don't require seam matching, so they're much easier. But if you notice, characters that have a lot of makeup options often cost more. I'd rather they didn't, personally.

• Hylas said:

Who do you think made Pixie 9? 3D Universe?

I want to guess Josh Crockett because of the Alt Head Shapes and Makeup product. https://www.daz3d.com/head-shapes-and-makeup-for-pixie-9
    Pixie reminds me of Kiko for whatever reason. Also Posey and Petunia. So... Lady Littlefox, maybe? That'd be my guess, anyway.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I'm a bit surprised that those making these characters don't go ahead and design, the female characters at least, to be male also, as it'd probably add 10% - 20% more sales for not an extra amount of extra effort. The ones make males characters is alot tougher because of the hair stubble and rougher skin generally is not so easily converted to acceptable female skin materials and would require lots of extra effort, or more realistically, a second skin material set..

edited December 2022

butterflyfish said:

MimicMolly said:

butterflyfish said:

MimicMolly said:

Multiple makeups don't require seam matching, so they're much easier. But if you notice, characters that have a lot of makeup options often cost more. I'd rather they didn't, personally.

There's been characters with scarification that didn't cost extra. Plus, there's was literally a male example in this particular product's promos. (The female mat on him looks wrong, it's why I brought it up in the first place.) 

Product link, to remove doubts. https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-athena-for-genesis-9
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,773

I've noticed his odd pecs as well. Is that the female texture, or is it odd geometry in the G9M chest area that some users have brought up?

• Ugh, I'm so torn on the Sprite Sundries kit, because while I want it, the description says the "first in a series of" and I don't trust DAZ not to let people buy this today and then dump the rest of them and a bundle onto sale tomorrow like they did with the poses a few days ago.

• Pax Asteriae said:

Ugh, I'm so torn on the Sprite Sundries kit, because while I want it, the description says the "first in a series of" and I don't trust DAZ not to let people buy this today and then dump the rest of them and a bundle onto sale tomorrow like they did with the poses a few days ago.

That might be true if it was a Daz Original, but I rather trust ChangelingChick to mean a first in her own series.

• marcus.ames said:

That might be true if it was a Daz Original, but I rather trust ChangelingChick to mean a first in her own series.

Normally so would I, but the Easier Pose Creation 1 set wasn't a DAZ Original either, and it didn't stop them from selling the first one day, then releasing 2, 3 and the bundle (for which there was no discount for owning the first one) the day after. sad  Once bitten and all that.

• Oh yeah, forgot about that. Hey, if you're in the Daz Discord, she's very active on there. You could ask.

• I don't use Discord... and I did think about site mailing to ask (I know she's lovely) but I don't think PAs get a say in when things get released during promotions like this so I doubt she'd know.

• But they can't force her to distribute a bundle, and that's the question you want to ask. :)

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 403
    edited December 2022

You have a good point! laugh I'll message her.

And to avoid derailing the thread entirely (but sort-of still on the same subject) I messaged Sade about dark elf Ryan Gosling's nipples and she confirmed that those were definitely girly nipples, not boy-y nipples, and kindly sent me new files to fix his unintentional boobage along with an icon that does actually work properly. So -1 for DAZ QA, but +1 for Sade's excellent (and incredibly patient) help.

He looks less like Ryan Gosling when he smiles (but we did discover that with the Dorcha textures, he suddenly looked like Daniel Craig...)

So here he is wearing the harness and strap from the Siorga Dorcha outfit, Newton hair, and the sleeve, watch and pants from Acid Outfit. 

EDIT: CC replied to me and said there are no plans for a bundle, so I'm a relieved bunny who's now the happy owner of a nifty set of horns.

siorga-human-pinup.jpg
    700 x 1050 - 252K
    Post edited by Pax Asteriae on
    edited December 2022
    Hylas said:

I've noticed his odd pecs as well. Is that the female texture, or is it odd geometry in the G9M chest area that some users have brought up?

Usually texture. The male nipples dial in, in a different place than females', so the texture has to match. It's why both Victoria 9 and Michael 9 have alternate chest mats.

It can even be seen with the G9 Base materials, if you don't have Victoria or Michael. Load a male one on a female, or vice versa. Dial in the correct nipples for the gender and it'll be off.

Post edited by MimicMolly on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 2022
    Hylas said:

One of the free default male textures for G9 has creases baked into the 'pec' area, but part of the struggles I have with the G9M shaping is how sharply defined his pecs are, especially in the center, compared to the definition of rest of his anatomy. It's possible the a texture issue that comes from the photo sources used in making it, or a combination.
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • So the rest of y'all know the answer, the Sprite Sundries are the first in a series of ktis that I am planning, but it's the only one that's been made, and the others won't be in the same theme or bundled in the future :D I tend to overdo making characters and make a lot of extras, and I'd have to charge way more to leave everything in, and I don't want to do that, so instead I decided to package that stuff up together to make it available for y'all in kits like this one :D 

• ChangelingChick said:

So the rest of y'all know the answer, the Sprite Sundries are the first in a series of ktis that I am planning, but it's the only one that's been made, and the others won't be in the same theme or bundled in the future :D I tend to overdo making characters and make a lot of extras, and I'd have to charge way more to leave everything in, and I don't want to do that, so instead I decided to package that stuff up together to make it available for y'all in kits like this one :D 

I for reals can't wait to see what you have planned next. I just got giddy when I saw horns and antlers in the same pack. And I know you've got skillz with the wings from previous stuff. :) I like it this way, thank you.

• Bluejaunte's back on top of their game with Tyler, too.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    Today's release made me think of Austin Powers, "Do I make you horny, baby?"
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

MimicMolly said:

butterflyfish said:

MimicMolly said:

butterflyfish said:

MimicMolly said:

There's been characters with scarification that didn't cost extra. Plus, there's was literally a male example in this particular product's promos. (The female mat on him looks wrong, it's why I brought it up in the first place.) 

Product link, to remove doubts. https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-athena-for-genesis-9

Yeah, those nips look REALLY wrong.