Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,838

DanaTA said:

barbult said:

Not really a sales issue, but today's email is problematic. Dark blue on black is illegible. If Daz wants to attract my attention to new items, this is not the way.

Could it be something in your email client's color settings?  I'm not getting dark blue on black.

That's interesting. Thanks for the clue. I'm using Outlook to read from a Gmail account. I believe you are on to something. If I access Gmail directly from Firefox, that text is not blue. I owe Daz an apology, but I still don't know what in Outlook would do that. I'll have to investigate.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

barbult said:

DanaTA said:

barbult said:

Not really a sales issue, but today's email is problematic. Dark blue on black is illegible. If Daz wants to attract my attention to new items, this is not the way.

Could it be something in your email client's color settings?  I'm not getting dark blue on black.

That's interesting. Thanks for the clue. I'm using Outlook to read from a Gmail account. I believe you are on to something. If I access Gmail directly from Firefox, that text is not blue. I owe Daz an apology, but I still don't know what in Outlook would do that. I'll have to investigate.

I'm not sure it is strictly a problem wih Outlook. If I access the email directly fom my AOL account in Chrome the text is blue, although it is a lighter blue than in your posted image  

• Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

DanaTA said:

barbult said:

I'm not sure it is strictly a problem wih Outlook. If I access the email directly fom my AOL account in Chrome the text is blue, although it is a lighter blue than in your posted image  

We were told Outlook ignores a lot of CSS, which controls formatting. The emails were OK for mein Thunderbird.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

DanaTA said:

barbult said:

AOL?   surprise   I thought that was long dead.  At any rate, they probably have the same issue as Outlook...improper handling of CSS. 

• Uhm... There's a few G9 things on the "Weekly Freebie" page. Is that legit or what?

• zombietaggerung said:

Uhm... There's a few G9 things on the "Weekly Freebie" page. Is that legit or what?

They are Daz Originals, so perhaps - but it is surprising, so we will ask.

Richard Haseltine said:

zombietaggerung said:

Uhm... There's a few G9 things on the "Weekly Freebie" page. Is that legit or what?

It's nice. I thought maybe Daz was trying to encourage G8 diehards to try G9, by giving away some content here and in the updated Essentials.

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

zombietaggerung said:

It's nice. I thought maybe Daz was trying to encourage G8 diehards to try G9, by giving away some content here and in the updated Essentials.

Well, I don't know the why - but yes, it is intentional.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Daz coupon (the one for DOs) doesn't seem to apply correctly in the cart. Depending on what I have in the cart, the discount varies, $3-4, but not a full amount. I have 2 DOs in the cart that after all discounts applied (no tokens) come to a little over $6, so there shouldn't be problem of not enough DO items when I apply the coupon.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,214

joanna said:

Daz coupon (the one for DOs) doesn't seem to apply correctly in the cart. Depending on what I have in the cart, the discount varies, $3-4, but not a full amount. I have 2 DOs in the cart that after all discounts applied (no tokens) come to a little over $6, so there shouldn't be problem of not enough DO items when I apply the coupon.

as in the daz+ monthly coupon? Can you show your cart as well as which coupon this is please? 

Cris Palomino said:

joanna said:

as in the daz+ monthly coupon? Can you show your cart as well as which coupon this is please? 

Yes. The names are confusing (the Daz+ one excludes Daz+ items), so I thought I'd specify the other way.

I attached the cart and prices before and after the coupon. I had some other items in there before, but took them out to see if they were messing with the coupon value. The last two items on the list are DOs. 

Cart.png
    600 x 588 - 97K
    Cart-beforecoupon.png
    458 x 318 - 13K
    Cart-aftercoupon.png
    465 x 340 - 15K
  • Today's wishlist sale seems to have some issues. The item https://www.daz3d.com/tma-olivia-for-genesis-9 is discounted in my wishlist to 50% already. I have the item listed since the day of release. If I put it in my cart, the discount stays unaltered. It should actually add a minimal of 10% extra. it does not. If I am adding a new release, the discount on wishlist items should be 25%. The item price stays the very same.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited October 2023

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Today's wishlist sale seems to have some issues. The item https://www.daz3d.com/tma-olivia-for-genesis-9 is discounted in my wishlist to 50% already. I have the item listed since the day of release. If I put it in my cart, the discount stays unaltered. It should actually add a minimal of 10% extra. it does not. If I am adding a new release, the discount on wishlist items should be 25%. The item price stays the very same.

The Wish list discount doesn't apply to 'New' items:

Buy any Debut or Still New Release to get an EXTRA 25% OFF*† any Wishlist Items

† Discount excludes New Releases and qualifing items must have been added to your wishlist before October 7 2023.

Post edited by Elor on

joanna said:

Cris Palomino said:

joanna said:

Yes. The names are confusing (the Daz+ one excludes Daz+ items), so I thought I'd specify the other way.

I attached the cart and prices before and after the coupon. I had some other items in there before, but took them out to see if they were messing with the coupon value. The last two items on the list are DOs. 

We are not sure if it's not allowing stacking so we will query. Remember that for the DOs, it has to say daz as one of the creators, so can't be daz+for a day.

Cris Palomino said:

joanna said:

Cris Palomino said:

joanna said:

We are not sure if it's not allowing stacking so we will query. Remember that for the DOs, it has to say daz as one of the creators, so can't be daz+for a day.

Thank you for passing it along. And yes, this was the first thing I checked. Both Lady of Fate outfit and textures are listed as DO. I also tested the cart adding some other DO items to it, and it still didn't discount the full amount of the coupon.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

When I click on the Weekend Artist Savings banner it takes me to an OOPS page.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

lou_harper said:

When I click on the Weekend Artist Savings banner it takes me to an OOPS page.

It is working for me and takes me to this page:

https://www.daz3d.com/premiere-artist-flash-back

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited October 2023

joanna said:

Cris Palomino said:

joanna said:

So it is applying, just not the full amount? That isuaully an ordering issue - we can flag it up, but Sales Support after the fact should be able to fix it if you would rather not wait. However, my test cart with the Lady Of Fate items worked correctly.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

Cris Palomino said:

joanna said:

So it is applying, just not the full amount? That isuaully an ordering issue - we can flag it up, but Sales Support after the fact should be able to fix it if you would rather not wait. However, my test cart with the Lady Of Fate items worked correctly.

Thanks for checking. Yes, as stated in the first post, I never managed to get a full amount of the code. I even went ahead and cleared the cart, adding only the two Lady of Fate items, and it still discounted only $~5. (They are on my wishlist which I guess is affecting the calculation too.)

I honestly don't feel like filing a ticket for $2 (my time has a value too), especially that I'd rather pay less than get it back later in store credit, so I guess I'll have to settle for getting lessfrom my Daz+ membership this month. I just really wish those problems didn't occur, but my cart still looks nice with all those +90% discounts, so I won't complain. :)

I appreciate you took time to investigate this for me.

• The wishlist sale isn't working for me. No matter what item of my wishlist I put in cart I don't get the 25% although I have a new release in my cart.

FantastArt said:

The wishlist sale isn't working for me. No matter what item of my wishlist I put in cart I don't get the 25% although I have a new release in my cart.

I put in the latest product I had added to my wishlist and no go, but added one I wishlisted much earlier and it did, so will enquire if something is off on the date it's supposed to go by (prior to 10/7/2023). 

FantastArt said:

The wishlist sale isn't working for me. No matter what item of my wishlist I put in cart I don't get the 25% although I have a new release in my cart.

It has to be Debut New or Still New from the Daz+ sale page, not just anything with the New tag on it.

• barbult said:

FantastArt said:

It has to be Debut New or Still New from the Daz+ sale page, not just anything with the New tag on it.

and the other items have to be not new at all.

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

FantastArt said:

That's right.The fine print seems to be getting smaller. I have to put my face 2 inches from the screen to read this.

fine print.jpg
    292 x 52 - 8K
  • barbult said:

That's right.The fine print seems to be getting smaller. I have to put my face 2 inches from the screen to read this.

I have a magnifying glass beside the computer now because it's faster than zoom on the computer.

• sazzyazzca said:

barbult said:

I have a magnifying glass beside the computer now because it's faster than zoom on the computer.

I right-click>Open Image in new Tab, then I can click to view at 100% if need be.

• Richard Haseltine said:

sazzyazzca said:

barbult said:

I right-click>Open Image in new Tab, then I can click to view at 100% if need be.

I do that a lot for promo images, but not usually text. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

FantastArt said:

Try using Windows Magnifier.  It's free, built into Windows. 

Richard Haseltine said:

sazzyazzca said:

barbult said:

yes This works fabulously well. You have saved my eyesight. Sometimes the simplest, most obvious things elude me. Thanks for the tip, Richard.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

sazzyazzca said:

barbult said:

yes This works fabulously well. You have saved my eyesight. Sometimes the simplest, most obvious things elude me. Thanks for the tip, Richard.

It is not just that the type is small, the lines are almost the same size as the pixels on my measly HD display. They tend to blur if they do not line up well with the rows and columns due to the anti-aliasing.

This discussion has been closed.