Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• The advent calendar hasn't changed since day one.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 14:02:36.png
    1336 x 378 - 417K
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688
    edited November 2023

Oh my, the punch thingie is really so insanely complicated! Just came back in after a few hours away, and now I have two punches, the way I think I should, instead of just one. Haven't yet checked whether this was in response to my ticket, but I suppose so. So I do believe you're supposes to loose onlys one punch if you don't buy - because then you won't get a new one for the next day, and they're only ever good for three days - and you DON'T loose an extra one as punishment. Makes more sense to me as well. 
    Edit: No, it's STILL WRONG, I should have THREE punches, the only difference to the situation earlier today is that the punch card actually SHOWS the two I have. Ooooh, but I'm just exhausted now, I'll go and lay down somewhere for a wee tiny bit ...

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • So hard refresh, cleared cache, used a different browser...still showing the same items from yesterday (but at least November now has the correct number of days). Still have the wonky problem of adding items to my cart which I originally thought was on my side of things until I started reading this thread (have to sign out and resign back in everytime I want to add a product to cart & have it stick there). Overall it's a lovely sale despite all the major glitching (which I assume is just nature of a online store and large sales events). Hoping things get ironed out soon because I really would like to take advantage of the Advent Event. :) 

• The punches, both code and description, have been updated - please heck to see if you now have a punch for each of the last three days on which you made a purchase.

I am not aware that anything has been done about advent calendars, so I have sent a reminder.

• CyonixCyonix Posts: 212
    I'm also having the 'duplicate advent calendar items' issue...
    Screenshot_20231130-161440.png
    1080 x 2340 - 1M
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

Richard Haseltine said:

The punches, both code and description, have been updated - please heck to see if you now have a punch for each of the last three days on which you made a purchase.

I am not aware that anything has been done about advent calendars, so I have sent a reminder.

Thanks mods for all your efforts! I'm probably just too plain dumb to transcend the punch system. I'm sure everything's as it should be now. And I'll just do my bigger purchass tomorrow when I should have a full set again. Or won't I? Sheesh - quick, laying down again the poor aching head ...

• BTW, November only has 30 days...  Not 31 as in the Advent Calendar,

Also is anyone else having trouble with the cart not adding chosen content??  This has been happening to me for several days where only cetain items go into my cart!!  I have cleared my cache, and tried logging out and in to my accont with no change and I need to use up my final DAZ monthly + coupon today or otherwise I will loose it...

Any assistance or direction on who else to contacr will be much apppreciated.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776
    edited November 2023

what bothers me is the fact the PA coupon ends today. As well, with the punches being gone, I'm losing another 25%. I'm not inclined to buy something to use the coupon and lose 25% on top of it. I did put in a ticket, but the way that's going I wont see a reply for weeks? who knows. A great welcome back to the DAZ+ membership. All the reasons I didn;t renow at first all come flying back in one sale event. I'm not even mad at DAZ anymore. I knew better but still updated my membership. I'm very upset at my stupidity. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • So... What do we do if we don't get a punch or are not showing access to the advent today? I bought stuff the last two days but I'm only showing 1 punch and the advent calendar is also only showing me yesterday's options

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,518

Ok, so my punch card shows that I have 2 punches.  If I do not purchase anything today, tomorrow I should still have 1 punch and get the (hopefully changed by then) freebie, correct?  

And hopefully we will get 2 freebies tomorrow to make up for today's being a dulplicate, but I understand no one will have any info on that yet, until Daz can fix it.  I just hope they don't fix it 2 hours before Daz midnight and make all of us who have to get off the computer for bed miss out.

• now the advent gift even moved over to dec 01... its dec 01 over here, but due to time zone difference, it never worked that way before

Ashampoo_Snap_Donnerstag, 30. November 2023_13h30m31s_006_.png
    886 x 594 - 266K
    Ashampoo_Snap_Freitag, 1. Dezember 2023_00h18m58s_012_.png
    1108 x 590 - 371K
  • JasmineSkunk said:

So... What do we do if we don't get a punch or are not showing access to the advent today? I bought stuff the last two days but I'm only showing 1 punch and the advent calendar is also only showing me yesterday's options

Previous two days (Tuesday and Wednsday) or last two days (today and yesterday)? The former should be two punches, the latter only one today (but two tomorrow). Check the dates in your order history if the purchases were close to midnight MST.

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 790
    edited November 2023

borgtrekker said:

Also is anyone else having trouble with the cart not adding chosen content??  This has been happening to me for several days where only cetain items go into my cart!!  I have cleared my cache, and tried logging out and in to my accont with no change and I need to use up my final DAZ monthly + coupon today or otherwise I will loose it...

Any assistance or direction on who else to contacr will be much apppreciated.

Yes, as of earlier this week, I can no longer get the Daz shopping CART to work properly on my Windows 10 PC. It will either not add items to the CART, or it will remove existing items and replace them with the last item added. It's totally useless at this point, and is surely costing Daz big losses in sales.

My work-around is to add items to the CART on my Macbook and checkout there, but I prefer using my desktop PC for browsing and shopping on Daz3D.com so I hope they get the issue fixed ASAP.

Post edited by robertswww on
  • I have 3 punches but can not get the Advent Calendar discounts to work.  One says free andf one says 2.99  When I put the free one in my cartt it wants to charge me $2.59  & and when I put the 2.99 opptiion in my cart, it charges $7.27.  Alsi I have had the same two items on the calendar for the last three days and I am not really interested in those two items.  Would like a little more variety.

advent calinder iossue 1.PNG
    695 x 533 - 499K
    punches.PNG
    612 x 332 - 266K
    free is not free.PNG
    648 x 619 - 310K
    discount wring.PNG
    640 x 611 - 305K

Ok, I just refreshed the daily Holiday Sale page, and it had a different gift for the advent calendar.  It showed a price on the product page, but when I went to my cart is showed as free.  So if you haven't tried refreshing in a while, I'd give it a try!

Also, I hate to bother again, but I kind of need to know - My punch card shows that I have 2 punches.  If I do not purchase anything today, tomorrow I should still have 1 punch and be able to get the new advent freebie, is that correct?  Thanks!

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,287

Fae3D said:

Ok, I just refreshed the daily Holiday Sale page, and it had a different gift for the advent calendar.  It showed a price on the product page, but when I went to my cart is showed as free.  So if you haven't tried refreshing in a while, I'd give it a try!

Thanks. I checked and I did have new items as well. Hopefully it's fixed for everyone.

Also, I hate to bother again, but I kind of need to know - My punch card shows that I have 2 punches.  If I do not purchase anything today, tomorrow I should still have 1 punch and be able to get the new advent freebie, is that correct?  Thanks!

The problem is: nobody knows for sure. You should still have 1 punch tomorrow. But whether you actually will seems anybody's guess. On top of that (judging by what others reported), you might still have the discount from the punch but punch on the card showing and no calendar access.

joanna said:

Fae3D said:

Thanks. I checked and I did have new items as well. Hopefully it's fixed for everyone.

The problem is: nobody knows for sure. You should still have 1 punch tomorrow. But whether you actually will seems anybody's guess. On top of that (judging by what others reported), you might still have the discount from the punch but punch on the card showing and no calendar access.

Yeah, I was sort of hoping maybe Richard had heard something back by now, but I guess not.  So we'll just have to wait until tomorrow and find out.  Thanks!

• i checked it too. i had access to new items for dec01 too.
    However, it should still be nov 30th as the shops time zone should dictate the turnover, not my local timezone.
    lost 1 day that way.
    One could argue, that it is a free gift. however, to get access to it, i had to buy sth beforehand.

• cher21cher21 Posts: 54

I'm beginning to think DAZ doesn't love me. I can't even access the Gifts. I get a generic pattern (as if the room is closed) and can't see any gifts at all. When I click it, I get a small notification near the bottom right corner "javascript:" Not sure what the solution is. Any ideas?

Screenshot 2023-11-30 191649.png
    897 x 849 - 632K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868

I also have new items on the advent calendar, for November 30. Timing makes me wonder if the UTC Midnight issue is raising its head in this specific area.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

vwrangler said:

I also have new items on the advent calendar, for November 30. Timing makes me wonder if the UTC Midnight issue is raising its head in this specific area.

I discovered a new item there about 15 minutes ago. I'm at UTC -5, so that would have been near UTC midnight.  Coincidence? Or timing bug?

• well i am tired. can`t be waiting all night, hoping they figure it out before it should turn over regularly.
    Probably would have bought the 2.99 version but got me the freebie out of principle.
    it was shown for dec 01, although it should be for nov 30.
    Gotta go to sleep.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

barbult said:

vwrangler said:

I discovered a new item there about 15 minutes ago. I'm at UTC -5, so that would have been near UTC midnight.  Coincidence? Or timing bug?

Coincidence? I have been pushing the UTC Midnight theory since this party started. Same thing happened last year with the punches expiring early.

• Fae3D said:

joanna said:

Fae3D said:

Yeah, I was sort of hoping maybe Richard had heard something back by now, but I guess not.  So we'll just have to wait until tomorrow and find out.  Thanks!

Are you not seeing the revised, simpler, text on the promo page?

HOW IT WORKS

Receive a punch for each day you've made a purchase over $1 in the past 3 days.

We are told the code has also been updated and that it should now be working like this.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,901
    edited December 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

JasmineSkunk said:

So... What do we do if we don't get a punch or are not showing access to the advent today? I bought stuff the last two days but I'm only showing 1 punch and the advent calendar is also only showing me yesterday's options

Previous two days (Tuesday and Wednsday) or last two days (today and yesterday)? The former should be two punches, the latter only one today (but two tomorrow). Check the dates in your order history if the purchases were close to midnight MST.

I made a purchase on the 29th and got my punch on the 30th that I used to get IRAY shaders for free yesterday. But the purchases I made yesterday (on the 30th) were not accounted for and I did not get a punch and I can not acces the new day of advent for new items. it's the same items.

(p.s. I'm on the east coast. It turns midnight here first. lol)

orders.jpg
    1726 x 584 - 87K
    Advent.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 393K
    Advent2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 404K
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on

Richard Haseltine said:

Fae3D said:

joanna said:

Fae3D said:

Are you not seeing the revised, simpler, text on the promo page?

HOW IT WORKS

Receive a punch for each day you've made a purchase over $1 in the past 3 days.

We are told the code has also been updated and that it should now be working like this.

Ah, so it HAS been updated.  I didn't remember if it had always said that, I just knew that it was all messed up the last couple of days.  Thank you for the update, I appreciate it!

JasmineSkunk said:

I made a purchase on the 29th and got my punch on the 30th that I used to get IRAY shaders for free yesterday. But the purchases I made yesterday (on the 30th) were not accounted for and I did not get a punch and I can not acces the new day of advent for new items. it's the same items.

We were told punches go by Daz time, not your local time. Today is still the 30th at Daz.

edited December 2023

barbult said:

JasmineSkunk said:

We were told punches go by Daz time, not your local time. Today is still the 30th at Daz.

Wait... I'm confused. Today is the 30th here, too! I was mistaken about that. Maybe I made the purchase early this morning... but shouldn't I still have two punches? I'm showing two days in a row of purchases. And my advent calendar is showing the same thing as yesterday

For clarification... it would turn a new day here, in New York, before it turned a new day in Utah.

JasmineSkunk said:

barbult said:

JasmineSkunk said:

Wait... I'm confused. Today is the 30th here, too! I was mistaken about that. Maybe I made the purchase early this morning... but shouldn't I still have two punches? I'm showing two days in a row of purchases. And my advent calendar is showing the same thing as yesterday

When you make a purchase, you don't get the punch until a day later, not the same day as purchase. The Advent duplication has been fixed for many of us, as about two hours ago.

edited December 2023

barbult said:

JasmineSkunk said:

barbult said:

JasmineSkunk said:

When you make a purchase, you don't get the punch until a day later, not the same day as purchase. The Advent duplication has been fixed for many of us, as about two hours ago.

Sorry... This is my first sale since being back. I'm still figuring it out. But... I am confused because, my time preceeds Daz time. And I had a punch yesterday, for what I thought I bought the day before, but is showing on my order page as being purchased yesterday. (If I hadn't purchased it the day before, how would I have had a punch to get the freebie yesterday?) And the things I bought yesterday (could have been early this mornng because I was up late) are showing as today's purchases. Which makes no sense to me BECAUSE my time is before Daz time.

And I'm still showing the advent as being yesterday's repeat offering (I just checked again) Maybe the universe REALLY wants me to get that hair! LOL

**edited to ad a pic of entire order history See, according to this, I didn't make a purchase on the 28th. (but I did. That's how I got yesterday's shaders)

orders2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 297K
This discussion has been closed.