Hot New (Northern) Season, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832
    edited March 22

barbult said:

The attached screenshot (which I converted to grayscale because of TOS) is the tip file for "Xola 9 All Feminine MAT" materials preset in the Xola 9 HD Feminine Shape Add-On product. The file shows a splayed-leg, skin-textured human with breasts and male genitals. Even with the new mature guidelines in the store, I find it hard to believe this is the intended tip file for this material preset. Note that the corresponding tip file for the "Xola 9 All Feminine MAT HD" preset does not look anything like this.

It does seem unlikely that that is intended, I will flag it up.

Thank you. I submitted a help request, but I just today got the first response to a request I submitted 50 weeks ago, and all it was was a request for more info. When I had already included a step by step procedure to reproduce the problem. So who knows when they would actually even look at the new request.
    Post edited by barbult on
    Gordig said:

barbult said:

(which I converted to grayscale because of TOS)

You might be misunderstanding the TOS.

Could be. I thought it was OK if not skin textured. Richard didn't delete the image. What is your interpretation?
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,867

barbult said:

Gordig said:

barbult said:

Could be. I thought it was OK if not skin textured. Richard didn't delete the image. What is your interpretation?

Your image IS skin textured, though, just desaturated. The problem with textured nude images isn't the color, it's the details. Not trying to start a thing, and the mods ultimately decide, just seems weird to me.

Gordig said:

barbult said:

Gordig said:

barbult said:

Your image IS skin textured, though, just desaturated. The problem with textured nude images isn't the color, it's the details. Not trying to start a thing, and the mods ultimately decide, just seems weird to me.

Oh, yes, you are right! I guess there was no way to capture the actual tip image without skin texture. I understand now. Grayscale is not the same as Smooth Shaded. I'm OK with mods deleting it if necessary.
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

Crossposting from Daz+ forum: it seems that the related items don't show on Daz+ page, and they don't discount properly (except for one) when paired up with one of the new releases. (It's being discussed and reported in Daz+ weekly releases thread.)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,384

Leana said:

Install types and most likely download files are missing for this product: https://www.daz3d.com/z-villain-and-victim-expressions-for-genesis-9

Still not fixed, could a kind mod please ping Daz?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

joanna said:

Crossposting from Daz+ forum: it seems that the related items don't show on Daz+ page, and they don't discount properly (except for one) when paired up with one of the new releases. (It's being discussed and reported in Daz+ weekly releases thread.)

Looks like both issues are now fixed.

• genarisgenaris Posts: 313

@ShanasSoulmate and or the store staff: the page for this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/mandatory-textures-for-oot-7-in-1-sporty-summer-wardrobe-

seems to be broken. Only the main thumbnail promo appears; no other promo pop-ups show no matter what pc i use or how many times I refresh.  During the sales in february and all march I has looked at this product several times but won't consider buying it since it is a bunch of texture sets for multiple clothing pieces but there's not a whole set of promo images to see what's in the sets.

There's so many things to buy at daz and so many sales, so it's really a handicap for this product to not have it's promos in place. : )

~Gen

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,211

genaris said:

@ShanasSoulmate and or the store staff: the page for this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/mandatory-textures-for-oot-7-in-1-sporty-summer-wardrobe-

seems to be broken. Only the main thumbnail promo appears; no other promo pop-ups show no matter what pc i use or how many times I refresh.  During the sales in february and all march I has looked at this product several times but won't consider buying it since it is a bunch of texture sets for multiple clothing pieces but there's not a whole set of promo images to see what's in the sets.

There's so many things to buy at daz and so many sales, so it's really a handicap for this product to not have it's promos in place. : )

~Gen

will report. 

• Can one of you kind mods confirm if the Yeaster selection is correct?

The MM page says it's items "released around Easter for the last 3 years on sale." However, the number of products is 32777, which seems really high, and it includes very old items. Three years ago was 6 months before G9 was announced so I would expect mostly G8 & G9 with some G3 (plus of course recent creatures, plants, environments).

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,633
    edited March 25

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Can one of you kind mods confirm if the Yeaster selection is correct?

The MM page says it's items "released around Easter for the last 3 years on sale." However, the number of products is 32777, which seems really high, and it includes very old items. Three years ago was 6 months before G9 was announced so I would expect mostly G8 & G9 with some G3 (plus of course recent creatures, plants, environments).

Actually it says "every artist's store" rather thatn just the items items. So it appears that includes the all the non-new items of  any artist who had a product released around Easter; thus the large number of items.

Every Artist Store released around Easter for the last 3 years on sale

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Charlie Judge said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Can one of you kind mods confirm if the Yeaster selection is correct?

Actually it says "every artist's store" rather thatn just the items items. So it appears that includes the all the non-new items of  any artist who had a product released around Easter; thus the large number of items.

Every Artist Store released around Easter for the last 3 years on sale

Thanks. That makes sense...or Daz Sense at least. ;) 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,304

SY Shackled! Genesis 9 is missing the ReadMe - can someone please flag it up? Thanks.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,091

It's for morphs as written in one description: 'The required poses listed are only if you wish to use the accompanying morphs, it can work without them independently.'

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,867

This banner for the flash sale:

links to the daily sales page, rather than to a selection of those artists' products, which is what one would expect.

Gordig said:

links to the daily sales page, rather than to a selection of those artists' products, which is what one would expect.

I've sent an inquiry. 

MelanieL said:

SY Shackled! Genesis 9 is missing the ReadMe - can someone please flag it up? Thanks.

Reporting. 

Gordig said:

So it should be all their items, so just search artist names. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Cris Palomino said:

Gordig said:

Really? - Why should/would I bother - shopping should be made as simple and straight forward as possible, the customer shouldn't  be required to do the work and go searching for the sale items they should be easily accessed. 

Cris Palomino said:

Gordig said:

Yep, that is a possible workaround BUT it makes shopping the sale a lot more complicated and difficult and probably not worth my time. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,272

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

Gordig said:

Really? - Why should/would I bother - shopping should be made as simple and straight forward as possible, the customer shouldn't  be required to do the work and go searching for the sale items they should be easily accessed. 

That has been noted for future offers, but you can use the artists filter - just type Luthb into the filter to get the first wo, check them, and rpeat for the others (genrally you just need the first four to six letters of the name)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,384

Cris Palomino said:

Gordig said:

They're also all part of the "Mad Artists stores" for today, so there's a link to their store in the list on the sale page. 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

Gordig said:

That has been noted for future offers, but you can use the artists filter - just type Luthb into the filter to get the first wo, check them, and rpeat for the others (genrally you just need the first four to six letters of the name)

Sorry really too much effort - if you want me to shop and spend money don't make me do the work. 

Richard Haseltine said:

scorpio said:

Cris Palomino said:

Gordig said:

Also, I'm not sure what is going on but it is shown as a 4 hour flash sale and already has been up for over 9 hours 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,865
    edited March 28

Don't know if this is a general issue, but I've seen this strange thing twice now:  if a product contained in a bundle is on sale on the lightning-deals page, that product will have a swirling icon on the bundle page.

https://www.daz3d.com/zou-character-hair-and-outfit-bundle-for-genesis-9

lightning-deals-issue.png
    637 x 317 - 128K
    Post edited by Taoz on

Taoz said:

Don't know if this is a general issue, but I've seen this strange thing twice now:  if a product contained in a bundle is on sale on the lightning-deals page, that product will have a swirling icon on the bundle page.

I see all three characters. 

Cris Palomino said:

Taoz said:

OK, thanks.  I see them all too, now.  Maybe just an odd coincidence.  

Taoz said:

Cris Palomino said:

Taoz said:

OK, thanks.  I see them all too, now.  Maybe just an odd coincidence.  

I'm actually seeing it again now, in both Chrome and Firefox, with this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/shadow-realm-female-shirt-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

Sometimes the icon occasionally shows up if I open the bundle page several times on a new tab, but mostly it's missing.  Not a big issue, but strange.

lightning-deals-issue02.png
    728 x 331 - 117K
This discussion has been closed.