The [Disco Chives] Misplaced Parrot Complaint Thread

Comments

• Non-Complaint: They moved my Probing up from 1 pm to 7 am. today.

Complaint: The wonders of hydraulic mining and its effect on hemroids a continuing thesis. I know where they got the Idea to tear layers of earth away to mine things. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Complaint:  Snow now falling.  Forcast for all day today, and tomorrow.frown

...the reason I left Wisconisn many years ago. 

It's snowing here as well. It's just a dusting on the ground atm so hopefully it stays that way. My body can't handle any forms of precipitation or cold but we can't afford to live anywhere else. We are in the top 5 cheapest places to live in the US and it's still expensive but nowhere cloes to most of the US as of now.

• Non-complaint:  Snow is pretty, at first.smiley

The view from my kitchen window and porch.  Now that the old ice cream restaurant is gone I have a clear view of a field of fresh untrampled snow.  Wheee...

OldView.jpg
    1227 x 920 - 161K
    NewView.jpg
    1636 x 920 - 84K
  • Definite improvement. Did it all go into your firewood pile one night? wink

Regards

Richard

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited November 2023

richardandtracy said:

Definite improvement. Did it all go into your firewood pile one night? wink

Regards

Richard

'Twas woodchucks what done it!indecision  Head woodchuck(pic below) came over for a chat and I asked them if they would chuck the old building away for me.devil

My driveway was plowed at 7:00AM this morning of the 10 inches that fell last night,  Now (noon), there's at least 8 inches of new snow in the driveway.frown

I swept the snow from the covered porch at 10:30AM in preparation for the postman's delivery of two Amazon boxes this morning.  By time he arrived at 11:30AM there was two inches of drifted snow on the porch that he set the boxes onto.

Woodchuck.jpg
    1227 x 920 - 132K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..just cold (mid 40s F) and a bit breezy here in Portland.  At least we have sunny skies...well for about another day, then Thursday is slides downhill with  rain wind and 40° temps for the next week.  At least no frozen water from the sky. 

The wind wont be "gale force" but still  strong enough for those like myself who wear a chapeau to worry about chasing it down the street after it gets snatched off the head.  Particularly frustrating in the city centre with all the tall buildings that turn streets into wind tunnels.

I admit, snow does look pretty in pictures.

• I got my nice big TV but somehow installing it I misplaced my glasses so no having difficulty reading the instructions for the remote

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I got my nice big TV but somehow installing it I misplaced my glasses so no having difficulty reading the instructions for the remote

They are on top of your head. 

edited November 2023

Glasses don't stay lost for long.  They can see their way back from the sock portal.devil

Chasing chapeau:  That's what hoodies prevent.enlightened

@ AgitatedRiot regarding probing.  Did everything come out all right?indecision

• I once spent 30 minutes looking for my glasses, couldn't find them anywhere. At the end of it, I realised the reason I was able to see so well during my search was that I had them on.

Regards,

Richard

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

richardandtracy said:

I once spent 30 minutes looking for my glasses, couldn't find them anywhere. At the end of it, I realised the reason I was able to see so well during my search was that I had them on.

Regards,

Richard

Well, in a complete opposite move, I poked myself in the eye the other day while working on a small engine because I didn't have my glasses on and went to pull them down... more like bumped my eyelid, but it was enough to move my contract lens necessitating going trough the process of cleaning my hands of all grease and funk to able to reposition the contact lens.

edited November 2023

Non-complaint:  Lots more snow from last night(total measured accumulation here since Monday is 17 inches**), but it has stopped and the nuisance snow has been sorted and moved to relatively harmless locations now.yes

Complaint:  Tree frosting, and untrampled snow is still sort of pretty, but the salt turned the road snow to brown mush, and the plowed piles of snow are lumpy, and discolored.  Winter ugliness  has begun.indecision  Need more snow to make it smooth and gleaming again.devil

** 17 inches measured, but it's light fluffy stuff and I'm sure it has settled.  I personally, have swept at least 8 inches from my steps three times.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Yesterday the outside temperature rose from -18C to -3C (0F to 27F) in about 10 hours and the cold air came inside for shelter... Normally it takes me just 4-5 hours to get the inside temperature up to 23C (73F), but yesterday it took well over 6 hours to get even up to 20C (68F)

• LeatherGryphon said:

Glasses don't stay lost for long.  They can see their way back from the sock portal.devil

@ AgitatedRiot regarding probing.  Did everything come out all right?indecision

Everything did come out alright. That jug will make sure of that.

Everything was clear; there were no polyps this time, like the last four times. Now, I sleep over in a sleep lab on my anniversary night. To see why I beat my wife up while sleeping. Sleeping through the night would be nice without waking, kicking, or beating someone. Or those outlandish Nightmares.

• I did find my glasses 

they were in the last place I looked wink

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I did find my glasses 

Just goes to show us...we should look in the last place first!!!  laugh 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

I got my nice big TV but somehow installing it I misplaced my glasses so no having difficulty reading the instructions for the remote

Congrats o the tv!! smiley LOL! Hope you find them!heart

• Non-complaint: Peanut butter and saltines are amazing with coffee. smiley

LeatherGryphon said:

...however, the hat is waterproof (and has a decent brim) and it doesn't restrict my peripheral vision which is important given the mouthbreathing and impatient motorists we have here.  I just need to make sure I have one hand free to keep it from being blown off when I get to breezy intersections.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,503
    edited November 2023

LeatherGryphon said:

...'Twas woodchucks what done it!indecision  Head woodchuck(pic below) came over for a chat and I asked them if they would chuck the old building away for me.devil

I once saw something very silly walking up the boardwalk to the Liard Hot Springs (off the Alaska Highway in BC) . Ahead of me were an elderly couple passing a Marmot of some sort. The Marmot was facing me, standing on its hind legs, holding some food in its front paws. Obviously a little uncertain about the elderly couple as they passed, it tried to keep them in sight and leaned further & further back. Until it fell over, and spent a moment or two on its back, all four paws in the air, looking at the sky before scurrying off.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

JasmineSkunk said:

Non-complaint: Peanut butter and saltines are amazing with coffee. smiley

Yeah, but the peanut butter always settles to the bottom and the saltine chunks get mixed into the peanut butter sludge and even if you mix it really well, there's always a thick peanut oil slick on the top... I think if it was a smoothie, it could work... or maybe as a popsicle... or maybe as a paste... then you could slather it on a saltine or a turkey drumstick or toothbrush... as a toothpaste flavor, it's probably not worse than that all natural brand that made a "Tomato-Basil" flavor... yum.

DanaTA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I did find my glasses 

Just goes to show us...we should look in the last place first!!!  laugh 

You could probably make an app for that... the user enters all the places they looked in order of where looked first and the app complies the data in the form of a list with the first place at the top of the list and the last place at the bottom and then the user hits "Find" and it takes the last place from the bottom and inverts the list so it's in reverse order, allowing the user to go directly to that place avoiding wasting time searching the middle of the list... Well, provided that place is not in a volcano or industrial incinerator or something... technically they could, it's not the apps responsibility to be safe or make correct suggestions... FyndMyShd would be a good edgy name... maybe with a "t" of a "d"... 10% edgier that way.

Couldn't be stupider than 95% of the apps out there.

edited November 2023

Complaint: Friggin Apple... whatever "upgrades" were included in the last iOS update made spellcheck, predictive text and editing mistakes 112% worse than before... its literally impossible to insert the cursor between words without it automatically selecting the word... so you now can play tap select back and forth for twenty minutes or give up and erase the word and retype it after inserting whatever you wanted to type, saving you no time but costing you more, especially when you type one word and it inserts a different one, like you type "garage" and it inserts "gargling" or "gangrenous" or "thermodynamic" in its place despite the fact that at no time that you ever typed "thermodynamic" did it ever attempt to understand that word exists, instead opting to suggest "Teddy" or Tandoori" like those fit the sentence.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • I should have asked Bard where my glasses were devil

• McGyver said:

JasmineSkunk said:

Non-complaint: Peanut butter and saltines are amazing with coffee. smiley

Yeah, but the peanut butter always settles to the bottom and the saltine chunks get mixed into the peanut butter sludge and even if you mix it really well, there's always a thick peanut oil slick on the top... I think if it was a smoothie, it could work... or maybe as a popsicle... or maybe as a paste... then you could slather it on a saltine or a turkey drumstick or toothbrush... as a toothpaste flavor, it's probably not worse than that all natural brand that made a "Tomato-Basil" flavor... yum.

LOL! laugh I can always count on you for a laugh! heart I don't actually put the peanut butter or saltines IN the coffee...More like, use the coffee as a chaser. But I gotta give it to you for creativity! Ha!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110

I was thinking of gingerbread houses.  Guess what I found free in the store!  A gingerbread house!  The kind that won't attrack bugs!

• Today's new Non- complaint: Etsy holiday commericals! laughlaughlaugh Has anyone else seen them? They're so stupid, they're funny! They feature people singing to the melody of - I think, a James Bond theme song - maybe. I can't quite place it, but my favorite one is the one with the guy buying for his neice.singing, " You are 6....I'm not 6....What do kids like? - No clue" laugh Idk why but it cracks me up! it's just so dumb

• I feel sorry for those kids getting presents from Etsy broken heart

though I suppose Wish, Temu, Shein would be much much worse

McGyver said:

Complaint: Friggin Apple... whatever "upgrades" were included in the last iOS update made spellcheck, predictive text and editing mistakes 112% worse than before... its literally impossible to insert the cursor between words without it automatically selecting the word... so you now can play tap select back and forth for twenty minutes or give up and erase the word and retype it after inserting whatever you wanted to type, saving you no time but costing you more, especially when you type one word and it inserts a different one, like you type "garage" and it inserts "gargling" or "gangrenous" or "thermodynamic" in its place despite the fact that at no time that you ever typed "thermodynamic" did it ever attempt to understand that word exists, instead opting to suggest "Teddy" or Tandoori" like those fit the sentence.

...sounds like they added AI to the OS. I read in a tech journal that MS is going to do so in an upcoming W11 update...

This is making me consider to just stay on W7 even though it means I can't use a newer version of Daz than the one I currently have (4.21.0.5).as that is the last one which specifies an Nvidia driver which supports 7  .Not going back to glacial CPU rendering.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,110

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I feel sorry for those kids getting presents from Etsy broken heart

though I suppose Wish, Temu, Shein would be much much worse

I don't like Wish or Temu.  Don't want to try Shein, if I recall correctly. 

This discussion has been closed.