There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866
    edited October 2023

That's a cool-looking comic. They left out the first horseman on a white horse, usually identified as the antichrist. The Lamb has already defeated them all.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,282

Too bad that the gods of algorigthm didn't grant me an orange banner today, as I've eyeing a pro bundle and the pro horse bundle looks interesting too. An extra discount would have come in handy and would probably be tempted to get both.

Oh well, back to deciding which one I want more, then.

• xyer0 said:

That's a cool-looking comic. They left out the first horseman on a white horse, usually identified as the antichrist. The Lamb has already defeated them all.

Amen!

Heading back to the page to read it. I barely glanced at it since I am not getting G9 right now but the discussion here has piqued my interest. In the comic, not the bundles.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

joanna said:

Too bad that the gods of algorigthm didn't grant me an orange banner today, as I've eyeing a pro bundle and the pro horse bundle looks interesting too. An extra discount would have come in handy and would probably be tempted to get both.

on orange banners, I haven't gotten a useful one in months, and rarely even then. People always talking about banners and I don;t get them. No prob, save me money.  

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

xyer0 said:

Few know that in the beginning there was a fifth Horseman. Nowadays he's known as Ronnie Soak (Kaos (note spelling) spelled backwards). He is the one who quit before the group became famous and now works as a milkman

• joanna said:

The banner algorithm this tiems eems to be simply how many of the Genesis 9 Pro Bundles this month (the actual horseriders) had been purchased - I had three of the Pro bundles and got a 20% banner.

Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

The banner algorithm this tiems eems to be simply how many of the Genesis 9 Pro Bundles this month (the actual horseriders) had been purchased - I had three of the Pro bundles and got a 20% banner.

Thats my problem then. I haven't purchased a G9 bundle yet.  The pricing stops me flat out and now with my DAZ_ expiring, it will be useless to even look. Oh well... my  complaining about it shall cease. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,034

just wait until they start selling the Biblically accurate angels surprise

OMG the eye, so many eyes ... they blink as the wheels gyroscope around....

Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

Ah, that would explain it. I'll be getting one of them today, but I think I'll have to pass on the horse one for now. There's always another sale, right? :) 

• Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

That sounds a bit strange. The more of the bundles given in the banner you already own, the higher the discount. So, I suppose you get the highest discount if you already have purchased all of the stated bundles. But then, you have no use for it, as the banner requires to have the Horesman pro bundle AND any of the stated bundles in the cart.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,832

Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

When do you ever render any of that stuff? You are always here helping other people or moving or deleting messages. Do you have a gallery?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,091
    edited October 2023

barbult said:

When do you ever render any of that stuff?

I think he found a way to live the nine lives every cat has in parallele: one life helping us here, one life rendering what he buy, one life living adventures in your renders and as I suppose a cat has a right to privacy, I won't try to guess what's happening in his last 6 lifes, but hopefully, happiness and joy smiley

Post edited by Elor on

barbult said:

When do you ever render any of that stuff? You are always here helping other people or moving or deleting messages. Do you have a gallery?

Wait a second... You're supposed to render what you buy?! ;)

• joanna said:

barbult said:

Don't listen to this heretic.

------------------------------------

I have been very bad about rendering stuff recently, as opposed my usual fairly bad.

• joanna said:

barbult said:

That's a whole different hobby .... 

and i just realized a mega 8.1 bundle for $15 is real cheap. 

• joanna said:

barbult said:

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Discounts tied to separate coupons each, not stacking even with the Daz+ 30% off... I wonder if this was it until the Christmas sales start.

• PerttiA said:

Discounts tied to separate coupons each, not stacking even with the Daz+ 30% off... I wonder if this was it until the Christmas sales startT

Yes, no DAZ+ discount is very annoying. I just dumped my basket. Cleanup in aisle 3, 

• PerttiA said:

Discounts tied to separate coupons each, not stacking even with the Daz+ 30% off... I wonder if this was it until the Christmas sales start.

Noth wishing to alarm anyone, but there is still Black Friday/Cyber Monday to come.

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Noth wishing to alarm anyone, but there is still Black Friday/Cyber Monday to come.

And it wouldn't be a surprise, if it started next week.

(Not pointing fingers at Daz in particular, it just seems that every year all online retailers try to start the Black Friday shenanigans early to hopefully beat competition.) 

• Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

And while it is a US holiday there is also Thanksgiving.

• NathNath Posts: 2,769

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Not alarmed, just broke LOL  

• joanna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

And it wouldn't be a surprise, if it started next week.

(Not pointing fingers at Daz in particular, it just seems that every year all online retailers try to start the Black Friday shenanigans early to hopefully beat competition.) 

I've already received ads about it 

Christmas advertising started here before Halloween.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

barbult said:

Started here some 2 weeks ago, and today I saw an ad for Black Friday discounts for all of November

• barbult said:

I had to book my Christmas grocery delivery last week.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905

Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

I bought three also and got a 40% off banner.  Of course, it required a coupon code and it was on the same day that they put out an "all points coupon code" for an additional 30 percent off, so that effectively made the Orange Banner just a 10% improvement.    

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

6 cans of Fancy Feast? laugh

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,304

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

6 cans of Fancy Feast? laugh

Oh, come on, it's Christmas: a whole fresh salmon surely?! 

This discussion has been closed.