There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

The nurse props looks nice, too bad getting them requires buying three differents outfits or the whole bundles.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

AllenArt said:

Hmmm...military nurse outfit with the top open to the navel? I think not. LOL I don't mind if they have a morph to open, but I don't want that to be the only way it comes. Am I alone in this? laugh

Absolutely not. Any product that exhibits sexual erotica without being true to reality  doesn't get purchased by me. There is no way a military nurse, or even a civilian nurse would wear weat low cut, bare midriff, butt hanging out or high heals. This goes for military uniforms in general. 

Now, if you have a normal attire with the ability of opening the buttons, etc, that would be ideal. 

• Tomhip said:

Was hoping they would rotate categories on that grab bag but seems to be Gen 2-3 figures only, oh well..  guess I'll try to hunt some Lightning deal for punch today.

They did. By the time I got to it, it was G2/G3 clothing instead of characters. If you mean "hoping they offer a grab-bag that's not G2/G3 only," well, one never knows. It'll roll again at noon Mountain time ...

• daveso said:

AllenArt said:

Hmmm...military nurse outfit with the top open to the navel? I think not. LOL I don't mind if they have a morph to open, but I don't want that to be the only way it comes. Am I alone in this? laugh

Absolutely not. Any product that exhibits sexual erotica without being true to reality  doesn't get purchased by me. There is no way a military nurse, or even a civilian nurse would wear weat low cut, bare midriff, butt hanging out or high heals. This goes for military uniforms in general. 

Now, if you have a normal attire with the ability of opening the buttons, etc, that would be ideal. 

Heh. I bought the Sexy Nurse Bundle, but I plan to resurface them and use them for definitely off-label purposes, partly for exactly that reason. I don't actually use uniforms which are intended to look like any real-world military at all--it bothers me--and all of my military or combat stuff is either very much in the SF realm or is, like, plain camo or such with no recognizable insignia or pedigree.

• philebusphilebus Posts: 241

Trying to do this Grab Bag thing but I'm afraid that every time I try to add a product in the promotion, it shows up as having been added but when I view my cart, it's gone. So far, I've only been able to get two items to stay in. Unfortunately, it's getting late here, so I'm going to have to clear the cart and turn in for the night.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

The people who missed out because you had no punches when you should have had one, or showed no punches when you did in fact have one, should submit a ticket to ask support for assistance. We don't know what support they will be able to offer, but Daz is aware of the situation.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418
    edited November 2023

The Christmas sale is now picking up speed. The advent calendar is a very nice idea (if they get the date right...wink)! I was lucky once and 'unlucky' once: I already had the freebie, but 'Paris City Center' was on my wishlist, and for $2.99 I was of course happy to take it.

I also like the fact that the Punch Card offers continue, and I look forward to the PA freebies every year. Thank you!

Post edited by caravelle on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    caravelle said:

The Christmas sale is now picking up speed. The advent calendar is a very nice idea! I was lucky once and 'unlucky' once: I already had the freebie, but 'Paris City Center' was on my wishlist, and for $2.99 I was of course happy to take it.

I also like the fact that the Punch Card offers continue, and I look forward to the PA freebies every year. Thank you!

Interesting, my 2.99 advent calendar item is "Nutcracker Uniform" (which I happen to already own). Is it a different item for everyone? My free item is "Bloodstone Weapons". Im any case, thank you for the freebie!
    edited November 2023

Hylas said:

Interesting, my 2.99 advent calendar item is "Nutcracker Uniform" (which I happen to already own). Is it a different item for everyone? My free item is "Bloodstone Weapons". Im any case, thank you for the freebie!

Mine are:

advent_calendar.jpg
    269 x 322 - 35K
    Post edited by Elor on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited November 2023

Hylas said:

caravelle said:

The Christmas sale is now picking up speed. The advent calendar is a very nice idea! I was lucky once and 'unlucky' once: I already had the freebie, but 'Paris City Center' was on my wishlist, and for $2.99 I was of course happy to take it.

I got an old G1 outfit and a cheap Daz + item I passed on a million times. It doesn't seem fair that some people get better items than others.

Post edited by Wonderland on

It's the first day of a multi-weeks event: it's likely every one of us will be, in turn, 'lucky' or 'unlucky' compared to others.

• Both mine (Fantasy Council Room (free) or Albert Mansion (2.99)) have been in my wishlist of 53 DO items for the monthly Daz+ Coupons down the road. That's rather wild odds of happening if they're entirely random selections from the twenty thousand Daz Originals.

I've no clue whether I'm really lucky or there was a curation element, yet I'm very curious to see what tomorrow's are.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Elor said:

It's the first day of a multi-weeks event: it's likely every one of us will be, in turn, 'lucky' or 'unlucky' compared to others.

I assume that too. 

• Wonderland said:

Hylas said:

caravelle said:

I got an old G1 outfit and a cheap Daz + item I passed on a million times. It doesn't seem fair that some people get better items than others.

I already have both things in my advent calender - thrilling...^^

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Wonderland said:

It doesn't seem fair that some people get better items than others.

That probably are the most said words under the x-mas tree all over the world each x-mas... wink

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,011
    edited November 2023

Mine

Mine.PNG
    251 x 248 - 120K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Astraffel said:

I've no clue whether I'm really lucky or there was a curation element,

Fairly certain it's not curated, there's no point trying to sell me an item I already own. It's probably a random DAZ original below a certain price limit.

maikdecker said:

Wonderland said:

It doesn't seem fair that some people get better items than others.

That probably are the most said words under the x-mas tree all over the world each x-mas... wink

Depends on one's interests as well, the soft presents were not much appreciated at 8, but at 59 I like them very much wink 

• lachilachi Posts: 80

Both calender items for Nov 29th are on my wishlist so I though it's intentional but I guess I was just lucky. 

• Hylas said:

Astraffel said:

I've no clue whether I'm really lucky or there was a curation element,

Fairly certain it's not curated, there's no point trying to sell me an item I already own. It's probably a random DAZ original below a certain price limit.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Seems like that shall rather unfairly be more likely to exclude those who have large collections and have most individually supported the store. I think mine is relatively small yet. It would seem good if ya'll had the option to redeem some store credit or something else of value if they don't have enough random items left to offer to those who've simply spent here to that degree. Anyway, it's just a thought.

I'm nonetheless intrigued by the happenstance. Removing the DO's higher in price than Albert Mansion leaves 18,940. Dividing that by the 47 I have wishlisted at or under that price means a 1 in 402.98 chance for one of those 47 to be selected. And that happened twice. Perhaps I should go buy a lottery ticket.

• I lucked out yes

I bought Renya's addon in the lightning deal yesterday as very cheap and was thinking I might manage to get Renya next DO sale (passed her up as just use Renyard many times) guess who was one of my Advent picks very cheap!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

Hmm, my free item today was in my wishlist, but I now have no DOs left in the wishlist - I wonder what I'll be offered tomorrow?

• My 2.99 item is also something I own, https://www.daz3d.com/subway-tunnel-environment

My free item is https://www.daz3d.com/heeled-cork-sandals-for-genesis-8-females

What I don't understand is why there's a blocked out thing for the 28th when I didn't have any kind of Advent calendar until the 29th.

sazzyazzca said:

What I don't understand is why there's a blocked out thing for the 28th when I didn't have any kind of Advent calendar until the 29th.

Maybe they planned to start yesterday or maybe there is a 'catchup' mechanism allowing people to get what they missed previsously at a higher price ?

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Got G8 pose pack and 2.99 shader (that usualy goes for half that on sales). Freebie at least is free and G8 means it migth come to use.

• Given that I threw the towel in on this punch card thing after losing all punches (and not having my Daz+ discounts apply right, which support never responded to me about afaik), no advent calendar for me. The choices today weren't very nice for me anyway :) I hope everyone else gets some goodies!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

It will be interesting to see what items the calendar picks over the course of time, maybe people here will work out the system. For me, it was a freebie from my wishlist (much appreciated, DAZ!) and a buy-offer for something else, some clothing outfit I wasn't interested in. The whole idea is really sweet in any case, especially since we still get PA gifts. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited November 2023

an item for M3 and a + item i've passed on forever

advent1.jpg
    1536 x 864 - 90K
    Post edited by daveso on

lachi said:

Both calender items for Nov 29th are on my wishlist so I though it's intentional but I guess I was just lucky. 

Same, but my wishlist has 1972 items blush 

• sueyasueya Posts: 830

Both of my calendar items were on my wishlist too. What I want to know is will I stop getting freebies if I don't buy anything on some days? . 

This discussion has been closed.