There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Try it again in a couple of hours. It corrected itself yesterday at about 7PM (EST), coincidentally(?) at UTC Midnight.

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

There is a bright side to the Advent Calendar not working at all: We are all saving $3/day it doesn't work. That's up to about $80 if Daz never succeeds in fixing it.

Just curious, are you also having issues not having your correct punch card punches shown?

• Astraffel said:

Strange. If I'm seeing an extra advent item available and a certain ballet bundle free without anything else, what should I do? I neither expect Daz would honor it nor would I feel honorable trying to take advantage of such an extreme error.

Well, I went to sleep and awoke to discover something somewhat different. While my advent item is still available and I am tempted to grab it, the ballet bundle is now sort of requiring the $50 buy-in of the advetisement, yet it does appear use the original price of the items, from testing with a few ROG sets that are currently 50% off.

Attached below is a screenshot of the original curious occurrence.

what.jpg
    1305 x 870 - 105K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

My Advent Calendar has rolled over in th elast 20 minutes. Dec 1 is now available with a new selection. Believe me yet?

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited December 2023

My advent calendar is working at the moment too. I was able to get my December 1 free item. It was a Genesis 3 hair that was on my wishlist.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    NorthOf45 said:

My Advent Calendar has rolled over in th elast 20 minutes. Dec 1 is now available with a new selection. Believe me yet?

I believe you. Rollover is UTC. I got ancient items, not wishlist, again. For $2.99 I was offered a garment for Victoria 3. I don't even own Victoria 3! For free I was offered a Poser prop.
  • Mine works. My $2.99 thing is a collar and earrings that normally sell for $4.19. What a savings! LOL. For free I can have a race car I'll never use. Oh well.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

I got some Daz dragon 3 poses that were on my wishlist. They are likely from G3 era, so glad I had that and not a G3 item since I'm focusing on G9 only (since I started being an active Daz user at the end of 8.1). I have been getting a lot of flowers or plants for 2.99, but passing on them so far. 

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

I better start rendering some dragons now that I have all these poses!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Shimrian said:

I better start rendering some dragons now that I have all these poses!

That's going to be Fun!!! I Love Dragons!!! :)

edited December 2023

I got a three-pack of Awesome i13 shirts for Genesis 3F, which all work Beautifully on Rosie 8!

Hey Ironman... Thanks So Much for all of the Years of Awesome Deals and Free stuff! heart

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • edited December 2023

AlmightyQUEST said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

There is a bright side to the Advent Calendar not working at all: We are all saving $3/day it doesn't work. That's up to about $80 if Daz never succeeds in fixing it.

Just curious, are you also having issues not having your correct punch card punches shown?

Yes, not constantly but intermittently. Thankfully, they have been not showing punches but giving discount.

Of course, right now I don't have any punches because I can't buy the Advent items and am not inclined to make other purchases when the deals are have more issues than usual.

ETA: I just checked and my 12/1 are still not active, 2 hours before Daz Midnight. Thanks so much, Daz, I feel not just valued but honored. No not really. The opposite, in fact.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • oh they are still selling me stuff regardless

I just picked up a G9 outfit for 3.47USD in a lighning deal

https://www.daz3d.com/the-kings-guard-outfit-for-genesis-9

• Astraffel said:

Astraffel said:

Strange. If I'm seeing an extra advent item available and a certain ballet bundle free without anything else, what should I do? I neither expect Daz would honor it nor would I feel honorable trying to take advantage of such an extreme error.

Well, I went to sleep and awoke to discover something somewhat different. While my advent item is still available and I am tempted to grab it, the ballet bundle is now sort of requiring the $50 buy-in of the adve[r]tisement, yet it does appear use the original price of the items, from testing with a few ROG sets that are currently 50% off.

Attached below is a screenshot of the original curious occurrence.

With near an hour left before the morrow, I assumed that it was fair to take the free little item, or I missed something and it was an intended gift. If so, thank you. While I may have done the right thing letting that free bundle go, I am left feeling I wasted so much time here for nothing and wish to nevermore. If I may borrow and bend a few lines from a favorite story or two...

On dreams and forgetting to live, it does not do to dwell.
    I've lingered here too long and bid you all a fond farewell.

• AlmightyQUEST said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Yes, not constantly but intermittently. Thankfully, they have been not showing punches but giving discount.

Of course, right now I don't have any punches because I can't buy the Advent items and am not inclined to make other purchases when the deals are have more issues than usual.

ETA: I just checked and my 12/1 are still not active, 2 hours before Daz Midnight. Thanks so much, Daz, I feel not just valued but honored. No not really. The opposite, in fact.

If you don't have any punches, then you don't have Advent calendar items though, that's what I was wondering if that was going on.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Advent Calendar Items again from my wishlist. Removed some of the oldest and cheapest items from the wishlist yesterday, and what they picked was pretty much the ones I wanted them to pick smiley

edited December 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh they are still selling me stuff regardless

I just picked up a G9 outfit for 3.47USD in a lighning deal

https://www.daz3d.com/the-kings-guard-outfit-for-genesis-9

Fun, isn't it? 

I've been trying to keep up with the Jones', but I was asked to hold off for a while, so I did. Turned out that my punches lasted long enough to score myself some presents anyway! What a Win!

Even better, it was all cool stuff that I already wanted!!!

Another awesome (and anonymous) follower of my website gifted me a nice Gift Card! Thanks!!!

A portion of that with one of my brand new Daz + Coupons got me (finally) UltraScatterPro! Looking around a bit and... Oh My! Presents Day! Oh My!!!

So just for fun, I went into my Daz 3d Account Product Library and, it's so cool that there are so many new Full Pages of new gear that I've gathered in a very short time with very little expense. I mean... times are really tough right now, but this magical place... this Daz 3d - All these years of such satisfaction from this particular customer.

It just blows my mind! I can't think of any other company that I've ever dealt with for Anything that has kept me This glued... good job, Daz 3d!

Daz + and the names of it previously... I recall the very first time I joined - that very first day. I was on dial-up. Rosie smiled as I floated around in glee - busting my hump chiseling stone all day in the hot sun while she kept my downloads rolling. It took days!!!

It's funny how I still see so much of that legacy content as precious treasure. Still buying some and fitting it to the modern figures*, and run to my Shader Presets Iray library - or simply work with the materials that are there - and I have something that I really like and will use probably forever!

*Special Thanks to All of you Amazing Clone Creators!!! SickleYield, Valzheimer, MMX... you know who you are!!! This is Freaking Magic!!!

The new products that are filling the shelves in such an even flow of daily bliss looks so cool in the promos that I bite, buy and download via DIM. Loading it into the scene and exploring the provided options... Man... this stuff is Cool! 

Sorry for being so babbly, but I just have to put in how I feel about Daz 3d and how wonderful they've made everything for me. There was such a long period of time when the only thing that could drag me to a computer was to hop into a paint app and make dungeon tiles or rip my CDs to HDD for my MP3 player. 

Finding Poser, Then Victoria 2, which led me to Daz 3d... 

All these years of satisfaction and excellent customer service. Then they grant us one of the most amazing gifts ever - the Pro version of Daz Studio with their brand new Out of This World Genesis figure - who can still hold up beautifully to this day - why? Because right from the very start, Daz 3d = Excellence. Top Level quality control! Buying content made for their very first generation, Zygote Dragon, Millennium Woman and all of that era... they're Excellent! Stonemason was onboard with that really amazing Sci-Fi stuff that Still Holds Up! 

Kudos to all of you. You new artists are doing an Amazing job. Keep that going. 

One more thing:

MikeD, while I'm typing this your Icon Creator Pro is doing Wonderful Magic to my custom library! I really love this thing!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..new day and once again the calendar items haven't changed.  It's been nearly 2 hours since the store changed over..  All the new items for Saturday are there...just not the calendar ones.

Hopefully this will be fixed when I wake up in about 8 hours.

Are they supposed to change? I thought we just get new ones each day of the calendar. Either the Free one or the 2.99

well... mine won't change because I used them up. The Free ones were right up my alley, so I bought those for nothing and adding something fun to my cart to make it a little more fair. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited December 2023

My advent calendar is always a duplicate of the day before then switches when I check at about 11:00pm Daz time and then at turnover stays the same and finally changes again late at night but at least an hour before turnover. So weird. Also it's always something that has been super cheap, like $2.00 or less in the past. Not impressed. 

Post edited by Wonderland on

Sorry to hear that.

This new Untidy Make-Up looks like it'll be a Lot of Fun once I can start working with Genesis 9!

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

My advent calendar hasn't changed either.  In addtion, the prices are not free or 2.99, if put in the card individually.

• gitika1 said:

My advent calendar hasn't changed either.  In addtion, the prices are not free or 2.99, if put in the card individually.

same

as I said in reporting thread I wonder if it was because I clicked the next one prematurely being in Australia but now it's almost 1am here and cleared cache I doubt anything on my end the issue 

I didn't have any use for what was on offer anyway

Once we "View Cart" it'll show as either Free or 2.99 - but it's one or the other. I think. Can't get both.

I don't see anywhere where it says that they will change. They just add new ones for each day, it says. 

• I notice some people were able to get ther December 1st free item. If we werent is it too late?

• Andrew_C said:

I notice some people were able to get ther December 1st free item. If we werent is it too late?

Which freebie? There are daily free items, geernally old and with Daz as the vendor, in the Advent Calendar and therea re also new daily freebies put up by the PAs and listing the PA s the only artist.

• The "advent" free or discount item worked fine for the last few days, but now it has the wrong price in cart even though I still have two punches on my holiday card.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..ten hours and fourty four minutes later, the Advent Calendar offer still shows the two Friday items. 

Mt Daz+ membership can expire at precisely 00:00 UTC (16:000 local time where I am on the day before) but the Calendar offers change....well, whenever.

Someone needs to brew some double strength Turkish coffee for whoever is maintaining this.as the whole concept of an Advent Calendar is it reveals something new every day leading up to the big holiday.

This discussion has been closed.