There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

sueya said:

Both of my calendar items were on my wishlist too. What I want to know is will I stop getting freebies if I don't buy anything on some days? . 

The advent calendar items are only available when we have at least one punch in our card.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited November 2023

I got a Genesis 8 character as my advent calendar freebie: https://www.daz3d.com/corina-for-genesis-8-female

I passed up the 2.99 Genesis 8 Outfit although that was on my wishlist, too. https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-rose-hitches-for-genesis-8-females

I haven't seen anyone in this thread yet mention the Daily Holiday Freebie which is free for anyone I think without a buy-in. That is: https://www.daz3d.com/ptf-very-cool-lights

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • sueya said:

Both of my calendar items were on my wishlist too. What I want to know is will I stop getting freebies if I don't buy anything on some days? . 

Both mine were too. I rarely see things from my wish list pop up on the lightning deals, so I find that curious. It certainly appears like some sort of curation to some of us. I guess we can monitor and see. Entirely possible there's a chance they're from your wishlist or that there's a pool of items that it'll try to match to your wishlist before randomising or the selection includes common global wishlist items or that there's some sort of recent buy-in bonus that'll help items from your wishlist to appear.

Or it's totally random!

It'd be nice if there was some sort of new game to discover behind it all, but that might be wishlistful thinking :P

Who really knows? But if there's something there, I'm sure we'll figure it out!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited November 2023

...does anyone at Daz remember the old rhyme which starts "30 days hath September, April, June and November"? 

nov 31.png
    1002 x 516 - 470K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

kyoto kid said:

...does anyone at Daz remember the old rhyme which starts "30 days hath September, April, June and November"? 

Whats the problem?, How else would a year have 366 days?

• they couldn't wait for Feb28 so taking an early leap

• winmathwinmath Posts: 136

My advent calendar items show up at a higher price in the cart

Screenshot 2023-11-29 193235.png
    517 x 445 - 326K
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 193641.png
    1193 x 795 - 428K
    edited November 2023

Have to click to one to see it

Screenshot 2023-11-29 193300.png
    935 x 231 - 59K
    Post edited by winmath on
  • winmath said:

Did you already use the advent offer to get the free one? The offer is only on one OR the other; but won't work for both 

• kyoto kid said:

...was holding them for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales to get the maximum discount I could before my memebrship expires next Saturday.

I saved my $6 off Daz Original coupon this month, tried to use it today and it gave me an error message that the coupon code is not valid. Boo.

Charlie Judge said:

winmath said:

Did you already use the advent offer to get the free one? The offer is only on one OR the other; but won't work for both 

I did not buy either one. I purposly took the screen shots with only one item in the cart.

This double also showed up on my screen recently. I think DAZ is over taxing their developers with complicated sales.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 234345.png
    1102 x 666 - 664K
  • Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited November 2023

I also had a second November 29th box show up on my screen. I'm not sure whether I should click on it, especially if it's the same thing. I alread got my advent freebie earlier today. Never mind. It's explained in the sales error thread. Disregard.

Post edited by Calliope23 on

The double items now show November 30. But I was able to get the $2.99 item. Let's see what tommorow brings.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 001037.png
    1059 x 610 - 614K
  • My advent calendar for today is another two from my wishlist. So, yeah, it's definitely curated for me.

• edited November 2023

winmath said:

Charlie Judge said:

winmath said:

I did not buy either one. I purposly took the screen shots with only one item in the cart.

This double also showed up on my screen recently. I think DAZ is over taxing their developers with complicated sales.

Lessee...The Advent calendar now has November 30, 30, 31, & 32.  My only calendar offerings (for Nov. 30 the First) are still yesterday's RDNA Mushrooms & EJ Agata (passed on both). The no-buy-in freebie is still PTF Cool Lights. No sign of Maryam 9 from the new banner.

Yeah the developers are overtaxed, have taken the day off, & the latest version of HAL9000 is subbing.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • well I went from 3 punches to zero because I didn't buy anything yesterday

so guess what? I am not buying anything today wink

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Re whether the calendar selection is random or curated: I realised that I have only 3 DAZ Original items on my wishlist; two of them are probably too expensive for the calendar, and the third one is a relatively recent release (but has no longer the "new" label). So perhaps my selection is random because there's nothing from my wishlist to choose from? I'll put some DAZ Originals that should qualify on my wishlist and we'll see.

edited November 2023

Ugh, punch card graphic is broken. To be fair, the correct discount does apply in the cart.

DAZ, please, get it together. Or better yet, make sales less complicated!

Post edited by Hylas on

...hmm, I recall that the free item for today 11/30 (Palm Springs Decor which is on my wishlist) was the freebie for yesterday the 29th.  I thought I put it in my cart on Wednesday morning, but when I came home in the evening it wasn't there.  I checked my Product Library and it didn't show up there so I added it again, however it showed up with a price instead of free.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well I went from 3 punches to zero because I didn't buy anything yesterday

Yeah, I had 3 yesterday, didn't buy anything yesterday and now I seem to have no punches.

I thought you were meant to lose one punch not all three?

theflarf said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Yeah, I had 3 yesterday, didn't buy anything yesterday and now I seem to have no punches.

I thought you were meant to lose one punch not all three?

same here but for me, it seems like it's only the graphic that's broken. If i put something in the cart it takes off 20%.
  • edited November 2023

Maybe Daz will have the Punches &/or Advent Calendar fixed 8 days from now when I get paid.

But at least the bonus/bogus November dates are gone from the Calendar, so yay.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mine did the same. ths then made the advent calendar deal not work. the free one is $5 in the cart.  

• victorvictor Posts: 49
    edited November 2023

My advent is broken too, repeated items, higher price.

I was told in the other thread I made to "Make sure you don't come through the Maryam link, use the main sale link"

But ther is no other way I can find to get to the Advent, none of the other promo's take me there. From the main page, clicking on Maryam takes me to this link:

https://www.daz3d.com/2023-daz-holiday-sale

Post edited by victor on
  • Maybe Daz will have the Punches &/or Advent Calendar fixed 8 days from now when I get paid.

victor said:

I was told in the other thread I made to "Make sure you don't come through the Maryam link, use the main sale link"

But ther is no other way I can find to get to the Advent, none of the other promo's take me there. From the main page, clicking on Maryam takes me to this link:

...same here  Also as I metniend above, the "free" item has a price even inthe cart

advent calendar Nov 30th.png
    1392 x 575 - 605K
    Palm Springs Decor.png
    1141 x 706 - 1006K
  • kyoto kid said:

victor said:

...same here  Also as I metniend above, the "free" item has a price even inthe cart

My Advent calendar  has been showing this since it started

Screenshot 2023-11-30 14:02:36.png
    1336 x 378 - 417K
  • Robert Freise said:

At least there seems to be a chance you get another on dec1. 

mine has already moved over to dec1 with the same items, once again.  ;)

• f.boschanski said:

Robert Freise said:

At least there seems to be a chance you get another on dec1. 

mine has already moved over to dec1 with the same items, once again.  ;)

Maybe however it didn't change products from the 29th to the 30th 

• Robert Freise said:

Maybe however it didn't change products from the 29th to the 30th 

Aye. You are not alone.
    Happened to many more. And to me, too. 3 times the same now.
    It would be funny, if it wasn`t so damn annoying.

This discussion has been closed.