There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2023

Hylas said:

The math today is unnecessarily byzantine again, but the resulting discounts are pretty good, so I won't complain (too much) laugh

Just add, see what you get, and discard/wishlist as appropriate if the price point just isn't there today. smiley While I am still suffering some degree of Daz shopping fatigue after recent sales, I am still watching for new gotta-haves and will-gets.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Argh! Why didn't I wait until tomorrow?

Nah... I'm glad I'm impatient!

• More Aeon Soul
    • More Censored Shaders
    • More Petipet (all three Polaris that have been calling to me!)
    • And yet another fun outfit to cut up and put on Rosie 8!

This Punch Card thing... it works on Daz 3d merchandise - and that's what I'm Always after! 

Win! Win!

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

I almost missed that Thanksgiving 20% off coupon can be used 3 times so can still use it today and tomorrow hopefuly.

• Tomhip said:

I almost missed that Thanksgiving 20% off coupon can be used 3 times so can still use it today and tomorrow hopefuly.

Thanks to your remark I won't be missing it too! I thought it was only valid yesterday. Good catch!!

• Yes, thank you. I had forgotten about the Thanksgiving coupon!  smiley

• I was just checking how good the deals were and my eyes caught something. I think undiscounted prices have increased on a lot of items, perhaps all (I can't check them all).

Medieval Scriptorium: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $29.95, now $30.95
    MICK 2 Gothic Pack: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $64.95, now $65.95
    Ski Mask for M4: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $5, now $6
    dForce Buddhist Monk Robes for Genesis 8 Males: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $19.95, now $20.95

Am I just late to the party and did I miss something? Or were you all already aware of this?

• Tomhip said:

it worked today for my third go 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

BlueFingers said:

I was just checking how good the deals were and my eyes caught something. I think undiscounted prices have increased on a lot of items, perhaps all (I can't check them all).

Medieval Scriptorium: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $29.95, now $30.95
    MICK 2 Gothic Pack: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $64.95, now $65.95
    Ski Mask for M4: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $5, now $6
    dForce Buddhist Monk Robes for Genesis 8 Males: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $19.95, now $20.95

Am I just late to the party and did I miss something? Or were you all already aware of this?

That happened on Saturday and it increased the price of old freebies to $1-2 and doubled the price of old PC+ items. 

Looks like we need to wait until Daz noon or later, it they come up with real offers.

My wallet says thank you Daz cheeky

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Oh darn! I'm afraid this sale will be even worse than the PA sale in September... I've just pushed my 4th cart through the checkout. But I couldn't resist the Jasmine Tower Props and Vehicle, the Burger Trailer, let alone the Quilt Shaders. I suffer from a shader buying compulsion, you know ;-) Of course, I've had Atenais' Crystal Shaders for a long time. But there were the Gauged Ears, JASA Aurora HD, and the Frost Maiden outfit, which I think is quite pretty, but had previously ignored because of the high heels. But at this price, with the GIVING-THANKS coupon...! As I said, that was cart number 4 for today.

Should I call the exorcist? wink

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

What happens if someone is buying this bundle ?

https://www.daz3d.com/i13-secluded-living-bundle

According to the list of what's included, i13 Secluded Living Environment is supposed to be included, but it has no page (only a oops one), so will it be added to someone's library or not ?

• Did anyone notice the big price discrepancy in the Alternate Shapes between Julius 9 HD and Mira 9 HD? Both Julius 9 alternate shapes are available in a single bundle for $7.83; whereas Mira 9 alternate shapes are only available singularly in two seperate bundles for $10.97 each. So, $21.94 for both -- almost 3 times the cost of the Julius 9 alternate shapes.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,764

Elor said:

According to the list of what's included, i13 Secluded Living Environment is supposed to be included, but it has no page (only a oops one), so will it be added to someone's library or not ?

It was included when I bought it in February and from this link it seems that the bundle/product page has been broken/unclear for over a year.

Not sure why the environment has no product page and is not linked in the bundle correctly despite seemingly supposed to be included. It would probably be best to raise a ticket to clarify? - especially since it's best to be clear about what you are buying before you buy it.  There could be a good reason why it might have been pulled from the store (if that is what has happened) but in that case the bundle description should really be updated.

• Charlie Judge said:

Did anyone notice the big price discrepancy in the Alternate Shapes between Julius 9 HD and Mira 9 HD? Both Julius 9 alternate shapes are available in a single bundle for $7.83; whereas Mira 9 alternate shapes are only available singularly in two seperate bundles for $10.97 each. So, $21.94 for both -- almost 3 times the cost of the Julius 9 alternate shapes.

And the shapes are included in Julius pro bundle, but not in miras pro bundle. (well, at least not shown there, nor mentioned)

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Charlie Judge said:

Oddly, there is a  big price discrepancy in the Alternate Shapes between Julius 9 HD and Mira 9 HD? Both Julius 9 alternate shapes are available in a single bundle for $7.83; whereas Mira 9 alternate shapes are only available singularly in two seperate bundles for $10.97 each. So, $21.94 for both -- almost 3 times the cost of the Julius 9 alternate shapes.

There already was a difference between Olympia's and Olivia's Alternates Shapes prices: Olympia's were around $10, Olivia's were around $20 (a difference maybe due to the fact that Elder Olivia has her own skin, unlike Elder Olympia)

Maybe Mira's are costlier they were a time limited bonus while Julius's ones are part of the Pro Bundle ?

SofaCitizen said:

Not sure why the environment has no product page and is not linked in the bundle correctly despite seemingly supposed to be included. It would probably be best to raise a ticket to clarify? - especially since it's best to be clear about what you are buying before you buy it.  There could be a good reason why it might have been pulled from the store (if that is what has happened) but in that case the bundle description should really be updated.

Thank you smiley

I'm not sure I'll buy it and considering it's a holiday, there likely no one to answer a ticket before the end of the sales, so if I'm buying it and I'm not happy with it, well, it's always possible to ask for a refund.

f.boschanski said:

And the shapes are included in Julius pro bundle, but not in miras pro bundle. (well, at least not shown there, nor mentioned)

It was only a time limited bonus of Mira 9 Pro Bundle, and if Daz goal is to make us buy a Pro Bundle during the first thirty days after its release, it makes sense to avoid making waiting for an unvaulting the better way to get these shapes.

Elor said:

Thank you smiley

I'm not sure I'll buy it and considering it's a holiday, there likely no one to answer a ticket before the end of the sales, so if I'm buying it and I'm not happy with it, well, it's always possible to ask for a refund.

Well, that's up to you, and while I wouldn't want to suggest you spend more than you want to or can; the bundle is currently part of the PA's grab bag sale and so would only cost you $1 (provided you buy another 4 for the same amount). So, if the outfit and poses are worth that for you then you can buy the bundle and if Daz also gives you access to the Cabin too then that is a cool bonus?

• f.boschanskif.boschanski Posts: 188
    edited November 2023

SofaCitizen said:

... if Daz also gives you access to the Cabin too then that is a cool bonus?

Sorry, but i have to disagree.

the description clearly says:

-------------------

" Details

This bundle includes the i13 Secluded Living Environment, Outfit, and Poses! "
    ------------------

Its not a bonus, its a must.

Post edited by f.boschanski on

f.boschanski said:

SofaCitizen said:

... if Daz also gives you access to the Cabin too then that is a cool bonus?

Sorry, but i have to disagree.

the description clearly says:

-------------------

" Details

This bundle includes the i13 Secluded Living Environment, Outfit, and Poses! "
    ------------------

Its not a bonus, its a must.

Yes, you are right - the environment is listed as being included in 3 separate places vs only 1 where it is missing. Therefore, if you bought it and do not get the environment then you would be within your rights to ask for a refund.

What I was trying to suggest is that with the price being as low as it is it might be worth the "gamble" getting it under that sale - since we do not know if the product page being missing is a site error or done on purpose. That would take a sales ticket to get someone to investigate and given it's a holiday period in the US and also with a weekend coming up then it is unlikely that a resolution would happen prior to the end of the sale. And at that point the bundle will no doubt cost more - whether the environment is included or not.

Obviously, in an ideal world the page would be clear one way or the other to help people make an acurate and informed choice.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

daz+is 50% off as well

daveso said:

daz+is 50% off as well

Really? Poop! I missed that. Maybe later... another purchase? No, Dart... calm... calm...

Holy i13!!! 

$1 each if we buy 5 or more? Wow! I just bundled the heck out of my library!!! Sweet!!!

I got a new G9 pretty too, for a buck and a half. Still not into the whole G9 thing though. Maybe one day. I love the idea of it, but... for me, it's just not 'there' yet.

Holy i13 though!!! 

Thanks Ironman 13!!! I Love You!!! 

• Elor said:

I took a chance and bought it in June with it only showing links to two of the items and the third leading to an oops page, and all three items are in my product library.

sazzyazzca said:

Elor said:

I took a chance and bought it in June with it only showing links to two of the items and the third leading to an oops page, and all three items are in my product library.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that these things mean that, while the Bundle includes them, they are no longer available individually.

daveso said:

daz+is 50% off as well

See? Time to Join Again, my friend!!! :)

Dartanbeck said:

sazzyazzca said:

Elor said:

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that these things mean that, while the Bundle includes them, they are no longer available individually.

This is the way it has worked for me. 

Yeah. I've made more than a few purchases like that. I knew Daz 3d would take care of me, so I go ahead with it and it always just pays off.

These i13 kits are freaking Awesome!!!

• Elor said:

I reported this ages ago. If the product is no longer available individually but still comes in the bundle, how difficult is it for someone to update the description to say so?

edited November 2023

Probably Very difficult. Such a Massive library they probably have a massive to-do list that they pound through day after day until they finally get to the inconvenience of someone seeing an Ooops! page.

Busy people, you know! :)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • anepheranepher Posts: 122
    edited November 2023

If I already own Mira 9 HD Pro Bundle, how do I buy the alternative shapes that have been unvaulted? Because I cannot see them in the store.
    EDIT: nvm I can see them in the promotion page: 
    2023-daz-holiday-sale.

Post edited by anepher on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited November 2023

anepher said:

If I already own Mira 9 HD Pro Bundle, how do I buy the alternative shapes that have been unvaulted? Because I cannot see them in the store.

If you bought the Mira 9 HD Pro Bundle  witjhin the first momth or so after release you may already own them. They were a limitd time bonus for buying the bundle.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • anepheranepher Posts: 122

In the Olympia 9 HD Pro Bundle the Olympia 9 HD Alternative Shapes still appear in the description, are they still unvaulted or there is a bug? Because when I go to their link it is saying wrong page.

Ol.png
    2135 x 1183 - 244K
This discussion has been closed.