There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• hjake said:

Havos said:

hjake said:

Today's Advent present is the same as yesterday? Is there reason why? Will it be updated to a new item later today? I am trapped in Groundhog Day?

Did you click on the 3rd December door before the start of 3rd December in DAZ time (ie MDT)?

It is possible I clicked on it during Dec 2. Damn my mister clickie fingers!

I miss virtual chocolates under virtual advent calendar doors. They virtually taste great. smiley

the advent icon is like a wet paint sign

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

I've been lucky enough to have everything in order since 32 November ;-) - both the punch card and the calendar. Knock on wood... Too bad so many others have such problems. 

Feng's Ethan HD is simply stunning!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

caravelle said:

I've been lucky enough to have everything in order since 32 November ;-) - both the punch card and the calendar. Knock on wood... Too bad so many others have such problems. 

Feng's Ethan HD is simply stunning!

Yes !  Feng does some great work.  

• My Advent calendar is not working either. It didn't work most of yesterday but a miracle occurred late in the day and I picked an item and checked out quickly before it went out to lunch again. Today has the same 2 items as yesterday like many others. Today's main page has a lot of trouble loading along with lots of other problems. I am making due but it's hard to shop wheels many things aren't working. I will check later and see if another miracle takes place.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

RiverMissy said:

My Advent calendar is not working either. It didn't work most of yesterday but a miracle occurred late in the day and I picked an item and checked out quickly before it went out to lunch again. Today has the same 2 items as yesterday like many others. Today's main page has a lot of trouble loading along with lots of other problems. I am making due but it's hard to shop wheels many things aren't working. I will check later and see if another miracle takes place.

I put a ticket in about the advent calendar since I had the double item issue starting last night.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

...my Advent Calendar seems to perpetually be a day off. according to the store sale page  For example, the Burger Restaurant (which shows as today's freebie) I actually picked up yesterday on Dec 2 (verified on my Order List  as order #DA23-1203-8886-CB8A-9A6F).  What now shows as yesterday's (Dec 2nd) calendar item is Bella Mane Hair which was the Dec 1 freebie  again  verified by the order record I have .(order #DA23-1202-CB79-ED44-A4F6).

So what time reference is being used  as the basis for the changeover?  00:00 UTC or MST?

I also wondered how I got a G9 item (amkle socks) until i saw it was the vendor freebie for today (though it didn't specify G9 on the page). .At least it didn't cost anything.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...my Advent Calendar seems to perpetually be a day off. according to the store sale page  For example, the Burger Restaurant (which shows as today's freebie) I actually picked up yesterday on Dec 2 (verified on my Order List  as order #DA23-1203-8886-CB8A-9A6F).  What now shows as yesterday's (Dec 2nd) calendar item is Bella Mane Hair which was the Dec 1 freebie  again  verified by the order record I have .(order #DA23-1202-CB79-ED44-A4F6).

So what time reference is being used  as the basis for the changeover?  00:00 UTC or MST?

I also wondered how I got a G9 item (amkle socks) until i saw it was the vendor freebie for today (though it didn't specify G9 on the page). .At least it didn't cost anything.

I never say never when it comes to free, I recall when you were never going to use the previous generations too cheeky 

you don't need to download the stuff

• DustRider said:

My advent calendar did finally change to new items for Dec. 2, and put the items it was showing for Dec. 2 into Dec. 1 where they should have been. Thanks to everyone who noted that this is mostly a timing issue!! I'll be patient and wait until 8:00 pm MST (or later) to check in the future.

It is not a timing issue.

I have literally sat now with a clock set to the time in Utah...and the advent calender (the glitch where day 2 was the same as day 1 and -never changed- was not effected by the time.
    (and as previously noted, I have double, triple, quadrupled checked order history and time and it was not that)

I did hold off on opening day 3 though. It stated it was available to open last night roughly 20:30 for me and I refused to touch it till today though.

Unless it is from the DAZ site team directly, I am not going to keep harping on the time thing. Its muddying the waters. (Particularly as there is hard evidence, its not a time issue)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited December 2023

It just turned UTC midnight and sure enough, just like clockwork, the December 3rd Advent Calendar item became available. At least for me, it IS absolutely a timing issue. 15 minutes ago, before UTC midnight, it would not display any items when I clicked. Now, after UTC midnight, the items display and they go into the cart at the right price.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 190542.jpg
    1082 x 560 - 140K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Same for me, as I have said all along, UTC Midnight is the turning point. I know it does not make sense, but that is what it is. You have now until DAZ Midnight to do your thing...

• Same here. I was just able to get my freebie. (US EST) I suggest people try it now.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

barbult said:

It just turned UTC midnight and sure enough, just like clockwork, the December 3rd Advent Calendar item became available. At least for me, it IS absolutely a timing issue. 15 minutes ago, before UTC midnight, it would not display any items when I clicked. Now, after UTC midnight, the items display and they go into the cart at the right price.

...thanks,

They should have stated hat on the page and there wouldn't have been all the posts about the Calendar sale being "broken".  Really made for some confusion there. 

Still makes it a bit screwy as daily store offerings and the PA holiday freebies still change over on Utah time.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I never say never when it comes to free, I recall when you were never going to use the previous generations too cheeky 

you don't need to download the stuff

If it said "Ankle Socks for Genesis 9" on the sale page (see attached screenshot) I would not have bothered. 

Yes I have been a slow adopter of figure updates because of budget reasons.

Being on and even more limited budget than ever particularly with prices going uo these days, not just for Daz content, but everything from utilities to rent to groceries, to meds, and even even bus/tram  fares (while my income isn't), sinking hundreds (thousands?) more into a yet another new figure base (which is even less compatible with earlier ones) is just no longer doable. I have more than enough between G3, and 8 to keep me busy for a long time to come. 

I also didn't bother with 8.1 either because of the change to the UV map.(Skin Builder was not updated for 8.1)

Given that G3 and 8 are built on the same basic body mesh and weght mapping, as well as share a similar UV  map that makes them very cross compatible with each other. With dForce (once I can afford that system upgrade) cross fitting clothing and hair between generations will not be much of an issue. 

Holiday freebie.png
    599 x 623 - 35K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • hjakehjake Posts: 837

Hurray Advent has returned to hjake holiday happiness. laugh

2023-12-03_200247.jpg
    1881 x 1013 - 565K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited December 2023

yes but mine has the 4th ready to click and last time I clicked it before DAZ midnight it became stuck 2 days
    I am not getting burnt again, 6pm Adelaide time worked for me yesterday

it's 11:43am right now

Untitled.png
    1614 x 543 - 955K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    At Daz midnight, the Advent Calendar stops working until the next UTC midnight.
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

WendyLuvsCatz said:

daveso said:

Nerevarine said:

Looks like a good sale for those still participating in the punch card today. I am quite upset as I could've got some excellent deals on things I've wanted for a long time. Oh well - saved me a lot of money. :)

what are you seeing that's good?  

I will admit I collect A3 and H3 stuff to use on Melody and Micah but probably have all the DOs I want already

just a few PA items I still want 

last PA sale grabbed every furries texture I didn't have for them too (had all the CDI morphs)

I still collect A3, H3, M3 and V3 (and the rest of the family) for my Genesis 8 figures - well... and Genesis, Genesis 2, 3...

I collect clones and I like a lot of the stuff that came from that era

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited December 2023
    The displayed dates have been wonky, and the advent turnover has been offset from the store turnover ~17 hours or so, but an advent offer has been available everyday, and the selection appears to favor wishlisted items if you have qualifying items on your wishlist.

It'd be nice if the display and timing issues were resolved, but there's not much to complain about here, imo. The items have been things that somewhat interest me - thus being wishlisted - but not quite enough to actually buy - making them great choices for freebies. And between the $2.99 daily releases, Daz+ releases, Lightning Deals, and everything else, it's been easy to keep punches on the card without spending a fortune. I've found it to be a good promotion so far.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

doubledeviant said:

The displayed dates have been wonky, and the advent turnover has been offset from the store turnover ~17 hours or so, but an advent offer has been available everyday, and the selection appears to favor wishlisted items if you have qualifying items on your wishlist.

It'd be nice if the display and timing issues were resolved, but there's not much to complain about here, imo. The items have been things that somewhat interest me - thus being wishlisted - but not quite enough to actually buy - making them great choices for freebies. And between the $2.99 daily releases, Daz+ releases, Lightning Deals, and everything else, it's been easy to keep punches on the card without spending a fortune. I've found it to be a good promotion so far.

Agreed!

And for me, since I can't really use genesis 9 yet, I'm happy that it's giving me a chance to add some really nive Genesis 9 items into my library - for when I actually can use it.

Fun sale! Got some great gear!

• airjoeairjoe Posts: 13

Day2 stuck on Day1 items. Was unable to pick up Day2 freebie. Day3 was fine, probably because I clicked on it at a later time than Day2.

Just another obstacle :) . Probably just a couple of lines of code messing up.

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 95
    I'm stuck on the same items for Day 2, as well.
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Try refreshing the page at different times during the day. You should get a valid tile at some point, then try the same time the next day. There is only one set available per 24 hours. 

• hjakehjake Posts: 837
    edited December 2023

Well well well .... Advent it is on again and off again. I think the concept was nice but the execution has left something to be desired. frown

I am definitely having a groundhog day experience again again again again etc.

2023-12-04_065456.jpg
    1925 x 972 - 570K
    Post edited by hjake on
  • lachilachi Posts: 80

I'm not sure that I understood everything in this thread about the timing problems with the advent calender but I noticed something very strange a few hours ago.

Around 12 hours ago, still yesterday in Utah but already today at my place, I was able to open the December 4 "door". 

Initially it showed yesterdays item again, so the same items on December 3 and 4.

But some hours later, after I woke up, the items on December 4 changed and I added the free item to my cart and "purchased" it.

Only later I noticed that I don't have any punches. And no, this is not a display bug, I don't have any. My latest purchase was 4 days ago.

Is is possible to open the door early and then "steal" the advent calendar items?

So if somebody runs out of punches, could they change the clock on the computer, open the door and then get an additional item for free once the day started in Utah?

advantcalendar.png
    715 x 976 - 694K
  • lachi you might have still had that punch while it was showing the previous day's stuff so it honoured it

it IS possible to NOT be able to get the Advent item with 3 punches though cheeky

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited December 2023

My calendar is just straight up not working (unclickable) for the 2nd day in a row. Yes, I've reported it in the other thread. I've tried different browsers, os's, and various times of the day. Nope, it's just not working.

I'm not too upset though, I'm out of punches anyway. But if I do spend something these next few weeks I'd like the calendar to be fixed by then... :/

Post edited by Hylas on
  • Was going to come here to kvetch about the Advent Calendar but... seems like everything I needed to say has been said. It's about 10 hours after the Dawning of the New Daz Day here and still getting repeats.

Oh well! There are still freebies that aren't tied to the punchcard and calendar, and those have been fun. Gonna sip my coffee and daydream about future Daz sales...

• OOOh banner bundle discount

that's today's punch taken care of yes

not going to lose sleep about the Advent calendar, doing well grabbing bargains that a possible freebie texture for something I don't own I don't see won't trouble me

• The banner bundle coupon was nice. I don't know if I can afford to keep the punches going every day; I've already bought a lot of stuff. I'm enjoying the daily freebies from the PA's that don't require a buy-in, punch, or glitchy advent calendar. And I have found a couple good lightning deals, too.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Be careful with that banner code, as soon as I have applied it to my cart my free item went to $8. Thankfully i realized, removed it, bought bundle separately and it went back to free in empty cart.

• hopefully after today the Advent calender issues will be ironed out

20 more days of guess the right time to click would make me a wreck by Christmas

This discussion has been closed.