There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    ...2 hours after 00:00 UTC and the Calendar still shows Sunday's items for today.
  • My Advent calendar is still not working. I have tried different times and browsers but no luck. I am finding it frustrating.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

That banner deal for bundles today was a mighty nice deal, especially with the punchcard discount added. 

• daveso said:

That banner deal for bundles today was a mighty nice deal, especially with the punchcard discount added. 

Right? I was "I'm not sure they intended those to stack, but I'm taking this bundle for six bucks and getting out before they notice."

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

...it's now almost 6 hours since 00:00 UTC and the Sunday items are still in showing the Advent Calendar deals for today (Monday). . 

So has the changeover time been moved to 00:00 Daz (Utah) Time?  if so that means a day will have been missed.  

Oh and thanks for the working dunny seat. Now we can fix all those that are mieeing one.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • yay got a new Advent item off my wishlist!

I don't mind missing a day if it's fixed

am not sure I really did

• Tomhip said:

So anyone missing tokens already ;p?

Theoretically 3 punches are like 7 tokens but so far I dunno I dont **feel** as if they have same impact....

I'd been holding off buying much in the way of new/recent releases and just throwing them into my wishlist, but the extra 20% today gets them back to a similar level as tokens were giving, plus stacking with the other sale categories.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

stelari said:

Tomhip said:

Theoretically 3 punches are like 7 tokens but so far I dunno I dont **feel** as if they have same impact....

I'd been holding off buying much in the way of new/recent releases and just throwing them into my wishlist, but the extra 20% today gets them back to a similar level as tokens were giving, plus stacking with the other sale categories.

With the additional 20% off and taking advantage of the deepest discounts, I can get Items down to 90% off, but the remaining price is still about 30% higher than what I got between March Madness and Black Friday.

Still waiting for the real Christmas Sale

you have to buy 2 new debut products to get that 20%. Do DAZ+ products count?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

daveso said:

As they are not among the Debut New Releases, it's unlikely for them to count.

I don't like checking out too early as there is usually a sale, coupon, banner, or something added later in the day. 

• daveso said:

I don't like checking out too early as there is usually a sale, coupon, banner, or something added later in the day. 

Absolutely.

• PerttiA said:

stelari said:

Tomhip said:

With the additional 20% off and taking advantage of the deepest discounts, I can get Items down to 90% off, but the remaining price is still about 30% higher than what I got between March Madness and Black Friday.

Still waiting for the real Christmas Sale

I too have been waiting on the sidelines. I've been picking up little things daily and put together one cart of moderate size when I decided to get the Militaria stuff, but otherwise have been wishlisting and waiting. 

• RiverMissy said:

My Advent calendar is still not working. I have tried different times and browsers but no luck. I am finding it frustrating.

I have been having this problem as well. It says click to open but nothing happens. It has never worked for me and I have tried several browsers as well. I even bought something today thinking maybe I had to make a purchase to get it to work and  it still won't open. I thought I would get a punch for my purchase but it doesn't appear that I got one. Maybe I don't understand how this is supposed to work.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284
    edited December 2023

Contajen said:

RiverMissy said:

My Advent calendar is still not working. I have tried different times and browsers but no luck. I am finding it frustrating.

I have been having this problem as well. It says click to open but nothing happens. It has never worked for me and I have tried several browsers as well. I even bought something today thinking maybe I had to make a purchase to get it to work and  it still won't open. I thought I would get a punch for my purchase but it doesn't appear that I got one. Maybe I don't understand how this is supposed to work.

Here's my understanding: if you bought something today, you should be able to open your calendar tomorrow. You get punches for purchases (but they aren't instant: a today's purchase is a tomorrow's punch), and if you have any punches (each is valid only for three days after the purchase, and you lose punches for the day you don't purchase), you can open the calendar. 

Post edited by joanna on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited December 2023

Contajen said:

RiverMissy said:

Punches for today's purchases don't appear until tomorrow. So, if you didn't already have a punch you won't be able to open the advent calendar today. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Contajen said:

You need a punch to have access to the advent calendar, and a punch appears the day after a purchase and is valid for three days.

For today's purchase, you'll get a punch tomorrow and it should last from tomorrow to friday. If you don't buy something between tomorrow and friday, you'll no longer have punch saturday.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I really like this punch card thing. I had to go a few days without buying anything, but in three days I'm back to full, and saving a bit for each day, Daz 3d always has something I can grab to keep them going.

But what I really like is - no matter how many punches we have at the start of the day, we can use that discount as many times as we like.

I've found this really handy.

I'm in the middle of working on a project and I remember that I wanted product X for that... so I go in and get 35% off of it even if it's no on sale! So Cool!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

Tomhip said:

They're not really the same though.

The good points about tokens were that they lasted longer and you did not need to make purchases everyday to keep them.

However punch card discount has a few advantages IMO:

• One can get 3 punches by buying very cheap items for 3 days. Getting 7 tokens would require spending much more.
    • Using 7 tokens will give you a discount on one order only, and then you'll only have whatever amount of tokens that order earned you. On the other hand, you can use the punch discount on all orders for that day, so if you forgot to add one item to your order you can still get the same discount on it later that day. And if one of those orders is more than $1, you'll have 3 punches the next day too, if not, you'd still have 2.
    • Unless you got those 7 tokens from one big order, you'd have to let the token accumulate without using them to reach 7. With punches you're already getting a discount from the first one.

• Elor said:

daveso said:

Well, the Ad says:

"20% off your entire order when you buy 2 or more Debut New Releases

Including Daz+ Items, Memberships and Gift Cards."

I didn't try with DAZ+ items but I did get 20% off a Gift Card.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

RangerRick said:

Elor said:

daveso said:

Well, the Ad says:

The way I understand is that you have to buy 2 Debut New Releases (so not just any releases) to get the 20% off, and the 20% off will include the Daz+ items, memberships, and gift cards.

• joanna said:

RangerRick said:

Elor said:

daveso said:

Well, the Ad says:

The way I understand is that you have to buy 2 Debut New Releases (so not just any releases) to get the 20% off, and the 20% off will include the Daz+ items, memberships, and gift cards.

Yes. The new Daz+ items don't count - I added the vampie characters (with "true to life skins" surprise ) to my cart and didn't see the 20% until I had added 2 PA items.

• As frequently seems to happen, I feel that text is so badly worded as to be deceptive. I, too, interpreted it as

"20% off your entire order when you buy 2 or more debut new releases, [which can include new] Daz+ items ..."

but it's equally valid to read it as

"Buy 2 or more debut new releases [not including Daz+] and get 20% off your entire order, including 20% off any Daz+ items ..."

I bought one legit new-new and one new Daz+ and I can't honestly tell whether I got an additional 20% off. Maybe I didn't. My punchcard is full so it makes the calculations trickier (I'm a word person, not a math person). The vampires ended up at $3.63 and the abarrotes ended up at $13.64.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

columbine said:

As frequently seems to happen, I feel that text is so badly worded as to be deceptive. I, too, interpreted it as

"20% off your entire order when you buy 2 or more debut new releases, [which can include new] Daz+ items ..."

"Buy 2 or more debut new releases [not including Daz+] and get 20% off your entire order, including 20% off any Daz+ items ..."

I bought one legit new-new and one new Daz+ and I can't honestly tell whether I got an additional 20% off. Maybe I didn't. My punchcard is full so it makes the calculations trickier (I'm a word person, not a math person). The vampires ended up at $3.63 and the abarrotes ended up at $13.64.

No, you only got the punch card 35%, not the extra 20%. With the extra 20%, Mexico City Abarrotes is $10.91.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

columbine said:

As frequently seems to happen, I feel that text is so badly worded as to be deceptive. I, too, interpreted it as

"Debut new releases" refers to products included in the "debut new" section on the sales page. The new Daz+ items were not listed there (and they're not listed as "still new" today either), which is why they didn't count.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364

Dartanbeck said:

I really like this punch card thing. I had to go a few days without buying anything, but in three days I'm back to full, and saving a bit for each day, Daz 3d always has something I can grab to keep them going.

But what I really like is - no matter how many punches we have at the start of the day, we can use that discount as many times as we like.

I've found this really handy.

I'm in the middle of working on a project and I remember that I wanted product X for that... so I go in and get 35% off of it even if it's no on sale! So Cool!

Yea I like it too - since i lost all my punches dispite the rules saying I should have only lost one I haven't spent a penny here. Its saving me a lot of money. 

• I guess the store REALLY doesn't want me to get Angus. He disappears from my cart every time I go to check out...

Also today's Advent calendar doesn't open when clicked on.  If I missed one, do I not get any after that?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

kirbawirba said:

I guess the store REALLY doesn't want me to get Angus. He disappears from my cart every time I go to check out...

Also today's Advent calendar doesn't open when clicked on.  If I missed one, do I not get any after that?

Are you using Edge?

Try Chrome or Firefox instead. 

• PerttiA said:

kirbawirba said:

I guess the store REALLY doesn't want me to get Angus. He disappears from my cart every time I go to check out...

Are you using Edge?

Try Chrome or Firefox instead. 

or try closing the pop-up cart using its litle x (I asume rather than just clicking elsewheer on the page, or closing the product page tab with the pop-up still open). Daz has managed to reproduce the issue on at least one system, which is a step towards fixing it.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

But use the "Close" button. The little x removes the item from the cart

This discussion has been closed.