There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• GinaMarieGinaMarie Posts: 163
    edited December 2023

Been down with flu so might have missed something. Did the holiday punch card reset? Had three punches, now only one?

Post edited by GinaMarie on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

GinaMarie said:

Been down with flu so might have missed something. Did the holiday punch card reset? Had three punches, now only one?

Each punch is valid only for 3 days. So to keep your card at 3 punches you have to purchase daily. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

Does anyone know: If I buy a $2.99 Advent Canlendar item, should it:

a) Get the 35% punch discount? (It doesn't seem to be doing that)

b) Count as a $1+ purchase to get a punch for tomorrow?

(I've only bought Free Advent Calendar items so far)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

a) Nope. It's already as close to free as it should get.

b) I'm not sure, so just in case, I've been adding another purchase to my cart. It'll be nice to know though

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

Thanks - I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

• joanna said:

GinaMarie said:

Each punch is valid only for 3 days. So to keep your card at 3 punches you have to purchase daily. 

Thank you for clearing that up for me Joanna. smiley

• GinaMarieGinaMarie Posts: 163
    edited December 2023

Does anyone know if it takes longer now for a purchase to show up on the punch card. Made a purchase and it didnt register on my punch card like it did when I filled it the last time. I purchased an item from the Castle section of the sale and nothing showed up on my punch card. 

Edited to add: Not sure why the jpg is showing up so crappy. My apologies.

dazPCard.jpg
    372 x 122 - 16K
    Post edited by GinaMarie on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

You get the punch the day after you purchase. Days are based on Daz time, not your local tume.

• barbult said:

You get the punch the day after you purchase. Days are based on Daz time, not your local tume.

Thank you barbult for clarification I was totally unsure. smiley

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

todays sale, the free stuff, and the holiday deal, are kind of a no go for me. Will need to find something to fullfill the punch card obligation.  The 2.99 items drop to 1.94 in cart so I might just do that but surely don;t need it. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 2023

Sorry, geting my $2.99 items muddled.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

kirbawirba said:

I guess the store REALLY doesn't want me to get Angus. He disappears from my cart every time I go to check out...

Also today's Advent calendar doesn't open when clicked on.  If I missed one, do I not get any after that?

Are you using Edge?

Try Chrome or Firefox instead. 

or try closing the pop-up cart using its litle x (I asume rather than just clicking elsewheer on the page, or closing the product page tab with the pop-up still open). Daz has managed to reproduce the issue on at least one system, which is a step towards fixing it.

They believe they have figured out and fixed the issue (which was essnetially Edge trying to be helpful and messing things up in the process).

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 95
    Sorry if I've missed this, but is the advent calendar selection completely random? It obviously pulls from a user's wishlist, but does it choose more specifically than that? Certain price ranges or positions on the list, etc?
  • Got that orange bar with $10 off New Release Bundles (Trolls) Genesis 9 Trolls HD Mega Bundle before $40.94 with holiday rewards. After adding Coupon $34.44. Does this work as intended?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2023

It appears to be deducting discounting your Holiday Rewards from the $10 coupon value.... LOL

Edit for clarity.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

Ugh. When I saw "Trolls" I was hoping for the Dreamworks movie franchise-like or toy-like cute trolls with big colorful hair not these ugly monsters. I would love the cute colorful toy trolls for Genesis 9 though. Would that be copyright infringement if a PA did something similar? We need more cute, less ugly! (Yeah, yeah, I know beauty or cuteness is subjective, but I'm sorry, those creatures are just super ugly to me!) 

Whoa... Thanks Santa! 

I Love You Too, Buddy!!! :)

• Yeah, trolls are not my cup of tea, but I suppose some renders need villains! Unless we're talking Shrek. What is the difference between a troll, ogre, and orc anyway?

Yeah, I passed on the trolls too. Besides, they have the wrong Troll showing in one of the bundles.

But Santa gave me an Advent Petipet for free - so I bought a nice DO Mely3D from my wish list to keep all three punches for tomorrow. 

Now that my punches are locked in, it'll be fun to see if I use my 35% (minimum) discount throughout the day for more. Some days I just can't help it. "Oh... I should grab 'this thing' while I have my 35% off!" sort of thing.

Again... Thanks Santa!!! 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...If one doesn't like brutish trolls (self included on that), there is an Elves flash sale, but not sure how long that will last.  Punches also work on that.

Speaking of elves, does anyone have the Bellina character? In a few of the  promos she looks rather  "petite" but in a couple others she seems just as "busty" as most female characters..

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

kyoto kid said:

...If one doesn't like brutish trolls (self included on that), there is an Elves flash sale, but not sure how long that will last.  Punches also work on that.

Speaking of elves, does anyone have the Bellina character? In a few of the  promos she looks rather  "petite" but in a couple others she seems just as "busty" as most female characters..

I have her, but it will be another ~6 hours before I get home to check.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Leana said:

They're not really the same though.

The good points about tokens were that they lasted longer and you did not need to make purchases everyday to keep them.

However punch card discount has a few advantages IMO:

• One can get 3 punches by buying very cheap items for 3 days. Getting 7 tokens would require spending much more.
    • Using 7 tokens will give you a discount on one order only, and then you'll only have whatever amount of tokens that order earned you. On the other hand, you can use the punch discount on all orders for that day, so if you forgot to add one item to your order you can still get the same discount on it later that day. And if one of those orders is more than $1, you'll have 3 punches the next day too, if not, you'd still have 2.
    • Unless you got those 7 tokens from one big order, you'd have to let the token accumulate without using them to reach 7. With punches you're already getting a discount from the first one.

That's 100% true

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 2023

Dartanbeck said:

Yeah, I passed on the trolls too. Besides, they have the wrong Troll showing in one of the bundles.

But Santa gave me an Advent Petipet for free - so I bought a nice DO Mely3D from my wish list to keep all three punches for tomorrow. 

Now that my punches are locked in, it'll be fun to see if I use my 35% (minimum) discount throughout the day for more. Some days I just can't help it. "Oh... I should grab 'this thing' while I have my 35% off!" sort of thing.

Again... Thanks Santa!!! 

Which product is wrong in what bundle so we can send it in to be fixed?

Post edited by frank0314 on

gmm2 said:

Sorry if I've missed this, but is the advent calendar selection completely random? It obviously pulls from a user's wishlist, but does it choose more specifically than that? Certain price ranges or positions on the list, etc?

I don't know, but I don't analyse it very deeply either ;-) I'm just happy to get things from my wishlist for free or at a very low price.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

frank0314 said:

Dartanbeck said:

Again... Thanks Santa!!! 

Which product is wrong in what bundle so we can send it in to be fixed?

On the Holiday Sale page, the "Chert the Troll 9 HD Bundle" is showing the same thumbnails as "Gren the Troll 9 HD Bundle", but the bundle contents themselves look okay.

• NerevarineNerevarine Posts: 168
    edited December 2023

I might be having a moment again :) Is there a holiday freebie today? Aside from the advent calendar, I mean

Sorry folks, migraine has made me a little less observant than usual. Found it! :)

Post edited by Nerevarine on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Nerevarine said:

I might be having a moment again :) Is there a holiday freebie today? Aside from the advent calendar, I mean

Yes: https://www.daz3d.com/sexy-skinz--shattered-bodysuit-for-genesis-9.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

Nerevarine said:

Yes, "Sexy Skinz - Shattered Bodysuit for Genesis 9" It's in one of the three boxes at the top of the sales page (I missed it too at first)

• Thank you @joanna and @Leana ! Migraine has made me a little less observant today it seems! :) Lovely freebie

Wonderland said:

We need more cute, less ugly! (Yeah, yeah, I know beauty or cuteness is subjective, but I'm sorry, those creatures are just super ugly to me!) 

The trolls are indeed pretty ugly - but have you ever heard of good-looking trolls? ;-) 

Chert is the worthy successor to the previous Daz trolls, even if his nose has slipped up a little too far this time while his arms and hands look downright elegant compared to his predecessors. 

This discussion has been closed.