There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Nerevarine said:

Thank you @joanna and @Leana ! Migraine has made me a little less observant today it seems! :) Lovely freebie

You're welcome. They did move things around to make space for trolls, and it took me a moment to find it as well. :) 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...If one doesn't like brutish trolls (self included on that), there is an Elves flash sale, but not sure how long that will last.  Punches also work on that.

Speaking of elves, does anyone have the Bellina character? In a few of the  promos she looks rather  "petite" but in a couple others she seems just as "busty" as most female characters..

I have her, but it will be another ~6 hours before I get home to check.

Here she is 

Bellina1.JPG
    947 x 1131 - 47K
    Bellina2.JPG
    384 x 1119 - 29K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

NorthOf45 said:

frank0314 said:

Dartanbeck said:

Yeah, I passed on the trolls too. Besides, they have the wrong Troll showing in one of the bundles.

But Santa gave me an Advent Petipet for free - so I bought a nice DO Mely3D from my wish list to keep all three punches for tomorrow. 

Now that my punches are locked in, it'll be fun to see if I use my 35% (minimum) discount throughout the day for more. Some days I just can't help it. "Oh... I should grab 'this thing' while I have my 35% off!" sort of thing.

Again... Thanks Santa!!! 

Which product is wrong in what bundle so we can send it in to be fixed?

On the Holiday Sale page, the "Chert the Troll 9 HD Bundle" is showing the same thumbnails as "Gren the Troll 9 HD Bundle", but the bundle contents themselves look okay.

The problem has been described well. Here is a screenshot to emphasize the issue, since the sale page hasn't been corrected..

Screenshot 2023-12-07 121819.jpg
    925 x 1728 - 250K
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

kirbawirba said:

I guess the store REALLY doesn't want me to get Angus. He disappears from my cart every time I go to check out...

Also today's Advent calendar doesn't open when clicked on.  If I missed one, do I not get any after that?

Are you using Edge?

Try Chrome or Firefox instead. 

or try closing the pop-up cart using its litle x (I asume rather than just clicking elsewheer on the page, or closing the product page tab with the pop-up still open). Daz has managed to reproduce the issue on at least one system, which is a step towards fixing it.

They believe they have figured out and fixed the issue (which was essnetially Edge trying to be helpful and messing things up in the process).

I use Edge but its still dropping off products for me just a bit ago.  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

frank0314 said:

Dartanbeck said:

Yeah, I passed on the trolls too. Besides, they have the wrong Troll showing in one of the bundles.

But Santa gave me an Advent Petipet for free - so I bought a nice DO Mely3D from my wish list to keep all three punches for tomorrow. 

Now that my punches are locked in, it'll be fun to see if I use my 35% (minimum) discount throughout the day for more. Some days I just can't help it. "Oh... I should grab 'this thing' while I have my 35% off!" sort of thing.

Again... Thanks Santa!!! 

Which product is wrong in what bundle so we can send it in to be fixed?

Chert Bundle has Gren as the character it contains

Leana said:

Nerevarine said:

I might be having a moment again :) Is there a holiday freebie today? Aside from the advent calendar, I mean

Yes, "Sexy Skinz - Shattered Bodysuit for Genesis 9" It's in one of the three boxes at the top of the sales page (I missed it too at first)

Being a warm-blooded male made this one difficult to miss for me! LOL 

Trying to Not run out of Daz budget for the month becomes increasingly more difficult!

35% off makes a lot of things possible that were not otherwise! Might just have to see about getting a loan! 

• daveso said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

kirbawirba said:

I guess the store REALLY doesn't want me to get Angus. He disappears from my cart every time I go to check out...

Also today's Advent calendar doesn't open when clicked on.  If I missed one, do I not get any after that?

Are you using Edge?

Try Chrome or Firefox instead. 

or try closing the pop-up cart using its litle x (I asume rather than just clicking elsewheer on the page, or closing the product page tab with the pop-up still open). Daz has managed to reproduce the issue on at least one system, which is a step towards fixing it.

They believe they have figured out and fixed the issue (which was essnetially Edge trying to be helpful and messing things up in the process).

I use Edge but its still dropping off products for me just a bit ago.  

Does it get better if you hit ctrl-shift-r to force the whole page, including the coding, to redownload?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Adding from a Product page almost never works, but from the Wishlist, or search results, or plain shop page usually does.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited December 2023

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...If one doesn't like brutish trolls (self included on that), there is an Elves flash sale, but not sure how long that will last.  Punches also work on that.

Speaking of elves, does anyone have the Bellina character? In a few of the  promos she looks rather  "petite" but in a couple others she seems just as "busty" as most female characters..

I have her, but it will be another ~6 hours before I get home to check.

Here she is 

...thank you.  The first promos that made her chest appear  more "petite" were likely due to the clothing used.   

Never understood why so many Daz females (even ones that are supposed to  be teens) are always so ...umm..."well endowed" .  One of the issues with reducing down to a more petite bust is that  textures for clothing become distorted (stripes and highly detailed patterns are the worst).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

caravelle said:

Leana said:

They're not really the same though.

The good points about tokens were that they lasted longer and you did not need to make purchases everyday to keep them.

However punch card discount has a few advantages IMO:

• One can get 3 punches by buying very cheap items for 3 days. Getting 7 tokens would require spending much more.
    • Using 7 tokens will give you a discount on one order only, and then you'll only have whatever amount of tokens that order earned you. On the other hand, you can use the punch discount on all orders for that day, so if you forgot to add one item to your order you can still get the same discount on it later that day. And if one of those orders is more than $1, you'll have 3 punches the next day too, if not, you'd still have 2.
    • Unless you got those 7 tokens from one big order, you'd have to let the token accumulate without using them to reach 7. With punches you're already getting a discount from the first one.

That's 100% true

That is why I like the punch cards much better.  They encourage daily small purchases until you see something you want to splurge on rather than spending through all of your credit really quick to earn tokens and take advantage of the discount that then means you potentially miss out on a later sale you like better.

• BlueFingers said:

I was just checking how good the deals were and my eyes caught something. I think undiscounted prices have increased on a lot of items, perhaps all (I can't check them all).

Medieval Scriptorium: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $29.95, now $30.95
    MICK 2 Gothic Pack: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $64.95, now $65.95
    Ski Mask for M4: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $5, now $6
    dForce Buddhist Monk Robes for Genesis 8 Males: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $19.95, now $20.95

Am I just late to the party and did I miss something? Or were you all already aware of this?

I just saw this happen with another product. (The hedge trimmers from the RuntimeDNA Yard and Garden set.) Each item in the set has been the same price, and I'd already bought some, so I found the receipts and checked MSRP. Sure enough it used to be $5/each, and today all items are $6/each but heavily discounted during the current sale. :P

With the Daz store, the cart math can be enigmatic and the marketing is.. aggressive. My rule of thumb is to close a deal if it's agreeable to me at the time, and not give too much weight to the perceived discount. If the MSRP jumps up it'll make the discount look bigger.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Cam Fox said:

BlueFingers said:

I was just checking how good the deals were and my eyes caught something. I think undiscounted prices have increased on a lot of items, perhaps all (I can't check them all).

Medieval Scriptorium: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $29.95, now $30.95
    MICK 2 Gothic Pack: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $64.95, now $65.95
    Ski Mask for M4: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $5, now $6
    dForce Buddhist Monk Robes for Genesis 8 Males: Undiscounted price before 2023-11-17 $19.95, now $20.95

Am I just late to the party and did I miss something? Or were you all already aware of this?

I just saw this happen with another product. (The hedge trimmers from the RuntimeDNA Yard and Garden set.) Each item in the set has been the same price, and I'd already bought some, so I found the receipts and checked MSRP. Sure enough it used to be $5/each, and today all items are $6/each but heavily discounted during the current sale. :P

With the Daz store, the cart math can be enigmatic and the marketing is.. aggressive. My rule of thumb is to close a deal if it's agreeable to me at the time, and not give too much weight to the perceived discount. If the MSRP jumps up it'll make the discount look bigger.

Before the last token-weekend (on November 17/18), Daz increased the base price for everything by $1 and the discounted price for Old Daz+ items went up from $1.99 to $2.99

• Cam FoxCam Fox Posts: 31
    edited December 2023

PerttiA said:

Cam Fox said:

Before the last token-weekend (on November 17/18), Daz increased the base price for everything by $1 and the discounted price for Old Daz+ items went up from $1.99 to $2.99

That lines up, I must have missed the announcement. Thanks!

Post edited by Cam Fox on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

The button to view the Elven Flash Sale also points to the Orc Horde items.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited December 2023

Lol

Screenshot_20231208-080506.png
    720 x 1280 - 474K
    Post edited by Hylas on

Gordig said:

The button to view the Elven Flash Sale also points to the Orc Horde items.

...didn't do that for me earlier but now it does.

...and BTW I thought "flash sales" were only supposed to last a few hours.  Both of these were around  all day Thursday and are still showing on the sale page an hour and a half after the store changed over for Friday

Someone needs some strong coffee.

• Lol, I saw Orc Flash sale and wanted to check it out, unfortunately/fortunately they have nothing for me! That may be the first time I've had that happen to me.

this is going to be a hard day to buy anything. It will put me out of the punchcard game, already misssed one.

• daveso said:

this is going to be a hard day to buy anything. It will put me out of the punchcard game, already misssed one.

did you try checking the Featured  Artists section filtered by DAZ originals?

massive discounts there

https://www.daz3d.com/ring-jing-jingling-artists 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

daveso said:

I just took my freebies and clocked one $1 item from wishlist to keep it rolling.

Usualy those 2.99 items are pretty nice but look like they started to just throw crappy shaders again.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Cam Fox said:

PerttiA said:

Cam Fox said:

That lines up, I must have missed the announcement. Thanks!

You didn't, as it wasn't really announced. It just happened... wink

edited December 2023

daveso said:

With my tiny budget, this day is coming for me too. So far I'm holding on. The three full punches really helps in keeping them punched, as it brings some items down just above a dollar - but I've been going higher than that. 

Another great day for me, except that I'm trying to hold strong for more days - so I'm making a strong d20 roll against Willpower. So far so good, but the night is young!

Advent was cool again. So far all of my Advent items are from my wish list. Is that how it works? Must be. I got another step closer to completing my collection of Nightshift 3D items for my "What Happened at Odysseon Station" storyline. I love these products! They work really well in Carrara and they adapt well to Iray - so it's a win Win for me!

Then I also got some cool Genesis 9 hair. I'm going to try it on Rosie 8. Linday's Classic Long Curly Hair with dForce for Genesis 8 females worked great on my Genesis 1 and 3 characters, so maybe this will clone down nicely too? Only one way to find out. If not, it doesn't matter. Even though I can't use Genesis 9 now, I'm still collecting as much as I can for it for the day that I can!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

well, I decided to let the punches go and didn't buy today, so that's 2 misses. 

I've used both of my DAZ+ coupons, so i'll let it go at that. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

daveso said:

well, I decided to let the punches go and didn't buy today, so that's 2 misses. 

I've used both of my DAZ+ coupons, so i'll let it go at that. 

Every dollar you save by not buying something just to get a punch, is a dollar you still have, so you can spend it later on something you actually want. yes

You never know, Bud. Something might just catch your eye! ;)

Last month, shortly after filling my punch card, I was told to hold off. So I did. No more punches. It's amazing how quickly (three days) I got them back again in a very painless fashion.

• maybe then it's best leave before those punches take their toll

edited December 2023

...yeah pretty much a meh day today. Apparently  the Elf and Orc "!flash sales" will go on all weekend. 

Fortunately there were the Granite Shaders (which I find useful) to keep the punches rolling. as it seems the selection of products in the Featured Artist Sale has remained pretty static all week.

ETA:

Small complaint. I notice I no longer am able right click on the cart icon on the top of hte page to open it in a new tab.. Not sure if that change is something on Daz's end or Chrome.  Somewhat annoying, particularly while shopping.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

kyoto kid said:

...yeah pretty much a meh day today. Apparently  the Elf and Orc "!flash sales" will go on all weekend. 

Fortunately there were the Granite Shaders (which I find useful) to keep the punches rolling. as it seems the selection of products in the Featured Artist Sale has remained pretty static all week.

ETA:

Small complaint. I notice I no longer am able right click on the cart icon on the top of hte page to open it in a new tab.. Not sure if that change is something on Daz's end or Chrome.  Somewhat annoying, particularly while shopping.

Noticed that today, too. Maybe they're in the proceds of adjusting something. Hopefully we'll get that functionality back after a fashion. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Am I missing something or has "Stealz" section been robbed?

This discussion has been closed.