There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Really bummed. I saw an orange banner so I was thinking it was some cool special discount and instead it is telling us to install DIM which I hated when I tried it... Lame orange banner...
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Was excited about the baked-in grab bag deals untill I saw prices to year ratios..... Thanks I'll sit this one out :D

And I am actualy getting a debut sale anyway as one item inetersts me lol.

Man 2019 was 4 years ago.....

• MazhMazh Posts: 485

After adding a lot of DO stuff to my wishlist yesterday I finally have something good as free AND as $2.99 item. Strange enough the more expensive item as free item.

But who am I to complain smiley

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

The conditional deals are always a no go for me, 

get stuff for x price, but only if you buy something from the brand new selection, (10 items which is more like a few different things as they're more like a bundle) Not interested in anything from there so it rules me out of looking at the listings any further. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

today looks like a pass. the new debut stuff lately hasn't been anything i would buy overall. the 2.99 item i might buy just to keep the punchcard.   Do the lightening deal count as a puchase for the punchcard?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

daveso said:

Do the lightening deal count as a puchase for the punchcard?

AFAIK they do, as long as they're more than $1

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

daveso said:

today looks like a pass. the new debut stuff lately hasn't been anything i would buy overall. the 2.99 item i might buy just to keep the punchcard.   Do the lightening deal count as a puchase for the punchcard?

Yes, as long as you spend over $1. I've used quite a few lightning deals.

Again the tradition of sitting on basket and checking Lightning deals paid off, as two bundles came in one deal and would combo with the bundle deal.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...aww geez...another restricted licence item in the Holidaz Deals.  Hopefully there will be some sort of flash sale later today that doesn't require a new release buy-in.

Would also love to see a another double punch bonus on the Featured Artist stores 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I love it when I get a new Kara Pitat.

Getting one for free feels like stealing!!! 

...or accepting a very generous gift! :)

Thanks Kara!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

Oh bummer, now the calendar seems to have reverted to picking random old stuff for me, too. Got a texture for an outfit I don't own as the free item although there's a lot of eligible stuff in WL left. Well, hopefully it'll pick up the thread again tomorrow.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Hmm... Real offers and discounts seem to have stopped November 18th when they raised the prices for everything in the store.
    Do we have to wait until March for them?

PerttiA said:

Hmm... Real offers and discounts seem to have stopped November 18th when they raised the prices for everything in the store.
    Do we have to wait until March for them?

My gift card at this rate will last me over 90 days! Lol. Their sales right now are doing a great job of letting me hold onto my money. I had to step away for a few months cause finances were tight and so many good deals to spend on. Now I'm back, but nothing seems like a good deal. If it was not for the free items with having punches, i would not even be spending up to about $2 each day.
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

I'm guessing they are saving up the good stuff and big deals for Christmas day. Right?

lou_harper said:

I'm guessing they are saving up the good stuff and big deals for Christmas day. Right?

Its is rather uneventful so far this year... been a while since new Core G9 was introduced as well.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

Tomhip said:

lou_harper said:

Its is rather uneventful so far this year... been a while since new Core G9 was introduced as well.

Last year they had the big Santa Claus bundle, so I'm expecting something like that.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,208

<--waves to everyone... I was wondering WHERE to talk about the advent calendar.... Thanks Hylas for pointing me to the right thread... :) 

I've been filling my wishlist with DO items and for the last 10 days I'm getting Advent Calendar choices I really like.  Before I learned the 'secret DO wishlist thingy' I wasn't getting anything... Guess it pays to keep the wishlist loaded... I went from 75 NON DO items to 316 items now on my list... woo hoot... Thanks for everyone who helped me.

• I'm struggling to keep the punch going. Very little available to do that at prices I think are reasonable. Then add that the reason to keep the punch going is to have future discounts available, but with a full punch I don't see anything at prices I would pay anyway.

Just how I'm feeling about the current sale.

On the other hand, today's Daz+ release looks lovely and will likely keep my punch maxxed for another day at least. And I just got a Michael 9 bundle in my lightning deals. Already have half of the items in it so won't pick it up, but good to see Genesis 9 items popping up on the deals.

Tomhip said:

lou_harper said:

Last year they had the big Santa Claus bundle, so I'm expecting something like that.

Last year we had several gen 9 bundles with huge discount that then let you get multiple $10 and $5 daz bundles.

<--waves to everyone... I was wondering WHERE to talk about the advent calendar.... Thanks Hylas for pointing me to the right thread... :) 

I've been filling my wishlist with DO items and for the last 10 days I'm getting Advent Calendar choices I really like.  Before I learned the 'secret DO wishlist thingy' I wasn't getting anything... Guess it pays to keep the wishlist loaded... I went from 75 NON DO items to 316 items now on my list... woo hoot... Thanks for everyone who helped me.

I started keeping my wishlist super full when they did the special extra 40% stacking discount for your wishlist.

I'm struggling to keep the punch going. Very little available to do that at prices I think are reasonable. Then add that the reason to keep the punch going is to have future discounts available, but with a full punch I don't see anything at prices I would pay anyway.

Just how I'm feeling about the current sale.

On the other hand, today's Daz+ release looks lovely and will likely keep my punch maxxed for another day at least. And I just got a Michael 9 bundle in my lightning deals. Already have half of the items in it so won't pick it up, but good to see Genesis 9 items popping up on the deals.

Since almost all of my wish list items are worth $2 to me, I buy something for $1-2 just to keep getting free wish list items. Then eventually it will either super pay off, or I will at least have gotten a bunch of random things I liked for a cheap price. Just not necessarily the items I would have preferred.
  • CerragCerrag Posts: 248

Is anyone else having an issue with getting their 35% cart discount?  My discount yesterday was 25% so I purchased an item over $1.00 to get it to 35% today but it's still at 25%.  So not sure what to do ...

• Cerrag said:

Is anyone else having an issue with getting their 35% cart discount?  My discount yesterday was 25% so I purchased an item over $1.00 to get it to 35% today but it's still at 25%.  So not sure what to do ...

That's not how it works. You have to have bought something every day for the past 3 days to get 35%. If you miss a day, you can't get your 35% back until the missed day cycles out.

Cerrag said:

You get one punch for each of the last three days you made a purchase over $1.

Punches expire after 3 days

• CerragCerrag Posts: 248

Damn, I missed one day so that totally sucks.  frown   Thanks all for clarifying as I was pretty sure I was missing what it said. 

Cerrag said:

Damn, I missed one day so that totally sucks.  frown   Thanks all for clarifying as I was pretty sure I was missing what it said. 

The punches always seem to be confusing based on how they word them. General rule in all cases has been dont miss a day and your good. Otherwise you need x number of days to get back to full bonus. It is atleast better this time that you don't lose the whole bonus, but it still takes pretty much the same time to get topped back off.
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

Just a bit grumpy about the gift card offer today, as I would have to spend $100 and then get a gift card on top of that. So a strong argument for the wishlist. I won't be buying much for now.

James_H said:

Just a bit grumpy about the gift card offer today, as I would have to spend $100 and then get a gift card on top of that. So a strong argument for the wishlist. I won't be buying much for now. 

Just put 3 Debut new or Still new in the cart and you get 20% off them and whatever giftcard you buy, the $100 is for additional 10% off

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,020

PerttiA said:

James_H said:

Just put 3 Debut new or Still new in the cart and you get 20% off them and whatever giftcard you buy, the $100 is for additional 10% off

Thanks for that. I may be dumb, but it suggests a lack of clarity in the message. Maybe I will buy some Christmas presents (for me).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...nice offers but they all require at least one debut new release.

This discussion has been closed.