There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 151

Will there be Interactive License discounts down to $5 or $10 like in the previous years anytime soon? It's the first year since I started purchasing assets and licenses that for many months there have been no deep discounts on Interactive Licenses so far...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

DarkS474 said:

Will there be Interactive License discounts down to $5 or $10 like in the previous years anytime soon? It's the first year since I started purchasing assets and licenses that for many months there have been no deep discounts on Interactive Licenses so far...

Probably in March 

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Sometimes I feel Daz is trolling with the sales, things like this wishlist sale, which would have been awesome combined with the punchcard, but instead standalone it's barely even worth considering as everything on my list has been cheaper recently with the other combo sales and whatnot 

theflarf said:

Sometimes I feel Daz is trolling with the sales, things like this wishlist sale, which would have been awesome combined with the punchcard, but instead standalone it's barely even worth considering as everything on my list has been cheaper recently with the other combo sales and whatnot 

It's not bad, but limited to 3 items only... Not enough to compensate for the two Debut New items.

Now looking at the lightning deals, if they will come up with anything worth while, 86% off + 50% off = 93% off

• PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

It's not bad, but limited to 3 items only... Not enough to compensate for the two Debut New items.

Now looking at the lightning deals, if they will come up with anything worth while, 86% off + 50% off = 93% off

Unfortunately, as in the other recent Wishlist sale, almost all of my wishlist items are new releases, so there's nothing on my wishlist worth the buy-in. I could make it worthwhile for me if it included new releases.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

theflarf said:

Nah! You gotta the longer view. Daily sales are sales, but not necessarily the best prices. They can't give the best prices every day or the special events and unexpected bonuses will have no meaning. For daily sales, if you have the budget and something tickles your fancy, you might buy it. There are a lot of people who do buy it! Admittedly, it's usually more than I want to spend, so I often don't. Then there are the flash sales, the special events, and the unexpected super-sales. That's when the prices can be amazing, and that's when I buy stuff. wink

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited January 8

Today would have been a good day for Lightning Deals to come through with something nice, with the coupons and all. But alas, no luck.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

the lightning deals are even too high anymore. The discounts today brought a couple of my wishlist items to 82% off, but the end price is still too much. I'm afraid DAZ has finally priced me out. We'll see how the new DAZ+ it

items come out tomorrow. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 9

they sold me a wishlist item today

Zak HD for Genesis 8.1 Male $3.67

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

daveso said:

the lightning deals are even too high anymore. The discounts today brought a couple of my wishlist items to 82% off, but the end price is still too much. I'm afraid DAZ has finally priced me out. We'll see how the new DAZ+ it

items come out tomorrow. 

I've seen 72% and 86% today. Yesterday, I saw some 94%. It all comes around. It just requires patience..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 9

Torquinox said:

I got 94% discount offers in lightning deals this morning - One was for https://www.daz3d.com/sukai-8-superhero-bundle but I didn't want it. But it was under $11, making it a good deal. The other was a little thing out of my wishlist and I got it. Lightning Deals + DAZ+ is a powerful combination.

..wish I had that sort of luck as that is one of the few bundles I'm actually interested in  For the mioost part i just get skimpwear, horror stuff, textures, poses, and Gen 4 stuff.   The only thing I bought off  it so far was an  Aiko3 clothing pack I didn't have (I still like using her, as with every iteration afterwards she strayed further from her anime roots). I even have the original AIko Aniime Character that predates her.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

items come out tomorrow. 

I've seen 72% and 86% today. Yesterday, I saw some 94%. It all comes around. It just requires patience..

Mine have mostly been 72% and 86% too, not low enough on their own, but... 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Finally a rare combo of actualy wanting 2 items from Featured plus LD that was on wishlist and comboed with other banners.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 387

Dunno how many of you got an orange banner today for a twelve-hour sale code (as a cookie for participating heavily in the December sales, apparently), but you might check for it. It expires at 11:59 Daz time, and for once that appears to mean a minute to noon and not a minute to midnight (wish they'd use 24-hour notation).

(That's Mountain time, so if you're Pacific it's too late, and if you're Eastern, you've got two hours left at the time I post this--so hustle!)

It's an extra thirty percent off up to three items and it really does seem to be any three items, not counting non-item things like gift cards.

edited January 9

columbine said:

Dunno how many of you got an orange banner today for a twelve-hour sale code (as a cookie for participating heavily in the December sales, apparently), but you might check for it. It expires at 11:59 Daz time, and for once that appears to mean a minute to noon and not a minute to midnight (wish they'd use 24-hour notation).

(That's Mountain time, so if you're Pacific it's too late, and if you're Eastern, you've got two hours left at the time I post this--so hustle!)

It's an extra thirty percent off up to three items and it really does seem to be any three items, not counting non-item things like gift cards.

So I'm actually feeling a little swindled because I went ahead and got three items at the extra 30% off, and then--having already done any purchasing I'm going to do today--the site is now offering me a DIFFERENT banner, the "Build Your Own Flash Sale" banner, which is apparently an extra SIXTY percent off up to TEN items.

It's really, really nasty to offer you an even better sale once it's too late and you've already paid the prices for the first one. Of COURSE I'd have rather bought these items at sixty percent off than thirty percent. OBVIOUSLY if I knew this second offer was coming I'd have held out and made today's purchases at sixty percent off.

This is the kind of garbage that makes me less likely to buy anything at all.

EDIT: Oh, OK, the build-your-own code is for a curated list (e.g. garbage I don't actually want). That's a little better. I feel less cheated now. If it really had been anything, like the 30% code was, I'd be spouting flames.

Post edited by columbine on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,770

I'm glad to have used the earlier sale, as that offered a free choice including new items, and this second banner is 60% off a more limited set. None of my wishlist items that it includes are on sale, so it may be a better offer on the surface, but I was better off buying from the earlier sale.

Nath said:

I'm glad to have used the earlier sale, as that offered a free choice including new items, and this second banner is 60% off a more limited set. None of my wishlist items that it includes are on sale, so it may be a better offer on the surface, but I was better off buying from the earlier sale.

And the items in the "BUILD-YOUR-OWN" are listed at their base price and the base Daz+ 30% off discount, so the 60% off is not that much = 83% off a DO

As it turns out, the curated list for the BYO sale code was not all junk. I did notice that they were listed mostly at base price, alas ... but there were a couple of items in there that have been in my bookmarks for a while, and that I'm not likely to get at that price again anytime soon ... so today is the EXCEEDINGLY RARE two-orders day.

[FINE, Daz, fine. But see if I give you any money again for the next week. So there.]

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414

Yet another dang coupon code that doesn't list its exceptions...

marcus.ames said:

If you mean the BYO Flash coupon, Marcus, it's because there's a SHOP NOW button on the message that takes you to the list of qualifying items. (But I missed that the first time I looked at it too, partly because I was busy being enraged ...)

marcus.ames said:

The selection opens from the "Shop Now" button. 

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414

Ugh. All right.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

30% coupon might have been good if something aligned with the lightning sale. 

This wasn't to be so no use for it, nor the other coupon 

Almost 23000 items on BYO! It's a big selection, but it's not the sort of super-sale discount that really holds my attention. I missed the 30% off 3. Not sure that would have mattered for me. Oh well, there's always another sale. angel

• I think I will stick with the Wish Upon a Sale additional 50% off 3 wishlisted items, rather than the BYO. I don't enjoy cart building games and 22K+ items is too many to track down if any of my WL items are included.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I think I will stick with the Wish Upon a Sale additional 50% off 3 wishlisted items, rather than the BYO. I don't enjoy cart building games and 22K+ items is too many to track down if any of my WL items are included.

I would be lost without DazDeals.  Having a Wishlist button on category pages is a free feature.

Fixmypcmike said:

I think I will stick with the Wish Upon a Sale additional 50% off 3 wishlisted items, rather than the BYO. I don't enjoy cart building games and 22K+ items is too many to track down if any of my WL items are included.

I would be lost without DazDeals.  Having a Wishlist button on category pages is a free feature.

No it isn't, unless one is using Opera based browser. 

• columbine said:

I have a banner for this, no expiration time, and it is still usable, although it is an hour past Daz noon as I type. Perhaps there are a couple variants?

Still, I don't think I will use it. After what little cart maths/games I was willing to do, it looks like WISHLIST code is best for me.

So my plan is still stick with what I selected for WISHLIST and if either the Holiday or BYO is still.usable and coincides with an LD I want, I can use it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

PerttiA said:

Fixmypcmike said:

No it isn't, unless one is using Opera based browser. 

Or Chromium based. 

• OK, I broke down and did the BYO Flash sale. With all the discounts I could muster, I got 68% off them, which was a reasonable deal for me today. I bought a couple of utilities I need right now, and then a bunch of newer stuff that hasn't been on sale much yet. Yeah, I could do better if I had waited to buy them in the big sales that will be coming later in the year - now I just need to actually, you know, use these things before then. laugh

This discussion has been closed.