There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328
    edited January 2

Grab bag with $5 each items that requires a buy-in, and does not even stack with other offers... surely this is a mistake and not the new normal... right? Right?!

fry-shut-up-and-take-my-money-clean.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 36K
    Post edited by Tomhip on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Tomhip said:

Grab bag with $5 each items that requires a buy-in, and does not even stack with other offers... surely this is a mistake and not the new normal... right? Right?!

Considering that December was supposed to be "The Best of The Best", it may take a while before we see discounts comparable to the "Old normal".

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

PerttiA said:

SilverGirl said:

Is there a trick to fine tuning what shows up in the Lightning Deals? 

At one point, it was suspected to be based on ones purchase history = If one had 'bought' all the bi-weekly freebies and not much anything else, one was offered similar products (ancient and obsolete) 

My offers certainly aren't based on my history. Unless the algorithm is "She isn't buying steampunk, fantasy-Egypt, G1/8.1, horror, generation2/3/4, toon, fairy = She needs those."

Yeah, that seems to be the algorithm I'm getting, too, with an extra dose of "clearly she needs some sci-fi in her life". =P 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

I too think the selection is random (but I will not get the freebies when an interesting sale is on, on the off-chance it could impact the selection blush), so in the end, the best way to get lucky is to be persistent and check Lightnings Deals as much as possible when Daz Originals are the target of an extra discount.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited January 2

PerttiA said:

Tomhip said:

Considering that December was supposed to be "The Best of The Best", it may take a while before we see discounts comparable to the "Old normal".

I think the "Best of the Best moniker applied to the status of the items - most popular for their time periods. That grab bag shares a lot of items with the one that was floated before New Years. Naturally the prices were better before New Years. Punch cards, no buy-in.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Elor said:

I too think the selection is random (but I will not get the freebies when an interesting sale is on, on the off-chance it could impact the selection blush), so in the end, the best way to get lucky is to be persistent and check Lightnings Deals as much as possible when Daz Originals are the target of an extra discount.

I agree about the randomness, though I think there is some evidence of algorithmic selection, too. And yes, frequent looking seems to help. cool

Tomhip said:

One sale does not establish a pattern. Lots of sales are just sort of "meh." It has always been so.

Elor said:

Torquinox said:

And to my surprise, the Daz+ coupons work on Lightning Deal items. I figured those would be like fast grab items, and they're not. I can only say, "Thanks Daz!"

Both do laugh The $6 out of $18 is great when a big costly bundle finds its way into Lightning Deals (they usually stay over $18 alone).

Excellent! I suspected when the first one worked, the other one would. Good to know it's true. 

• Tomhip said:

Just looked at the grab bag items. Many seem to be textures/add-ons so no use to many artists. And the buy-in offerings aren't my thing, except possibly the Futuristic Store. And I am not sure about it. All promos are mid distance, can't tell from text/listing if props are separate, etc. (Yes, I can do that on my own & often do, but extra work). 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

(Yes, I can do that on my own & often do, but extra work). 

You can also use 'Environment Set Splitter', by @Totte, to do a big part of the grunt work of creating a .duf file and an icon to any prop included in a scene:

https://www.daz3d.com/environment-set-splitter

The wishlist and Daz+ offers together with the two Daz+ freebies helped to get the discount for the cart down to 91% off, 9 items for $17.49, but I don't know if I like the items enough to pull the trigger...
    Will see what the Lightning deals are coming up with.

• Elor said:

(Yes, I can do that on my own & often do, but extra work). 

You can also use 'Environment Set Splitter', by @Totte, to do a big part of the grunt work of creating a .duf file and an icon to any prop included in a scene:

https://www.daz3d.com/environment-set-splitter

Wishlisted! Thanks! Since I am sticking with G3 & G8 for now, I am looking to pick up more utilities that make the work part of my artwork easier, &/or help me get use out of what I already have. (See my various raves about that converter and Bone Minions.)

Ok, now we're talking... 97% off DO's in Featured artists that are on ones wishlist. smiley

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 3

Elor said:

kyoto kid said:

Why they put 5$ as the minimum value makes no one of the new items are under 11$. 

For the couple of weekly Daz+ items that are under $5 for Daz+ members (the cheapest is $3.49).

...save for the two Daz+ sales, Daz+ items, even those priced above the stated minimum required, are usually not applicable for unlocking discounts and deals.  

As to the Lightning Deals, whenever i open it up, generally it is 4 items I have no interest in or use for, well save for one time during the recent Holiday sale  when there was a clothing bundle for Aiko3 for 1.60$. 

I'm  often busy with other things or away from home so I likely have missed items I would have bought. I don't baby-sit Daz all day long and I dislike viewing the store or reading forums on the phone.

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • N00b4EverN00b4Ever Posts: 293

does the discount apply to new items? or do they even stack?

i've seen some threads of people enjoying high discounts and yet I'm stuck at 51% at best. 

I have one new release triggering item from BeautyWorks, and I have two new items in my wishlist from them as well (been in my wishlist for about a week). yet the discount on those items is only 51%. they should be at least 64% off (1 - (0.6*0.6)), however they still have a 30% off, so the discount on those two items should be acutally, 75%. i have a third item from BW as well with only 30% off that is also in my wishlist, that one should be 64%. And i have a DO sitting at 51% when it should be 79%.

this is part of the reason why i see myself spending more money on renderosity than here. 

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414

N00b4Ever said:

i've seen some threads of people enjoying high discounts and yet I'm stuck at 51% at best. 

I have one new release triggering item from BeautyWorks, and I have two new items in my wishlist from them as well (been in my wishlist for about a week). yet the discount on those items is only 51%. they should be at least 64% off (1 - (0.6*0.6)), however they still have a 30% off, so the discount on those two items should be acutally, 75%. i have a third item from BW as well with only 30% off that is also in my wishlist, that one should be 64%. And i have a DO sitting at 51% when it should be 79%.

this is part of the reason why i see myself spending more money on renderosity than here. 

Should be, since the asterisk disclaimer says nothing about new releases, just that it had to be in your wishlist by the end of the second. So anything you added before Daz midnight should apply. So far, it does not. I'll sit on my cart until Daz midnight rolls around again, but might ultimately flush it despite the decent deals on everything else if they don't fix it. No way I'm going to do a full audit of those discounts for a support ticket after the fact...

edited January 3

...it appears January is "Be Kind to My Bankcard Month" as it's back to the same old same old, " buy a new/debut (or several) release(s)" to unlock discounts.

Oh well.  At least I sort of got my Zloty's worth during last month's Holiday Sale.

Maybe March Madness will be better, I can only hope.

N00b4Ever said:

To get the best discount, one must be Daz+ member, put three Featured New Releases to the cart, go to the Featured Artists selection, filter for DO only and find the ones that are on ones wishlist.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

PerttiA said:

N00b4Ever said:

To get the best discount, one must be Daz+ member, put three Featured New Releases to the cart, go to the Featured Artists selection, filter for DO only and find the ones that are on ones wishlist.

Yeah that works, but seriously, why would I make such a massive buy-in from such a small and, to me, not very interesting selection to reduce some items that will get reduced sooner or later anyways? The featured new releases are way too expensive for this to make sense to me.  

edited January 3

Agree with @tsroemi . The buy-in gives me an out of budget error. There will be another sale some other day.  

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

These days it's barely worth checking out the main page

It's always linked with "buy from featured new releases" which is about 6 items or something that are way more expensive than making an actual sale worth while on anything else

Instead I just check back to see if the random number generator is kind to me with the lightning sales 

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

N00b4Ever said:

Yeah that works, but seriously, why would I make such a massive buy-in from such a small and, to me, not very interesting selection to reduce some items that will get reduced sooner or later anyways? The featured new releases are way too expensive for this to make sense to me.  

The three Featured New Releases in my cart are $28.88 and they give me 11 items for $9.22 and that includes the Karmen 9 HD Pro Bundle for $3.45.
    The MSRP for the cart is $467.69 and I get it for $38.10, which is 92% off - One just doesn't get that kind of deals elsewhere

Cart030124a.JPG
    864 x 1017 - 89K
    Cart030124b.JPG
    886 x 615 - 48K
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

Dartanbeck said:

Yaaay!!! Two hours until I get new coupons!

Happy New Year to you too, Paula! :)

Looks this might be my final animation of 2023. Wow. I hope 2024 turns out this many cool videos! I had a Great Year!!!

WOW! Really impressive! And the girl character is adorable! 

PerttiA said:

The three Featured New Releases in my cart are $28.88 and they give me 11 items for $9.22 and that includes the Karmen 9 HD Pro Bundle for $3.45.
    The MSRP for the cart is $467.69 and I get it for $38.10, which is 92% off - One just doesn't get that kind of deals elsewhere

I'm glad that worked out for you. I'm not getting similar results except for the buy-in, and those are products that I don't especially desire. So, that's how it goes.

theflarf said:

It's always linked with "buy from featured new releases" which is about 6 items or something that are way more expensive than making an actual sale worth while on anything else

Instead I just check back to see if the random number generator is kind to me with the lightning sales 

Gotta be patient and wait for the right sales. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

PerttiA said:

N00b4Ever said:

interesting that I dont have a single DO in my wishlst.  the buy in realy isn't a savings. The only product I would even buy today is the hair, but its $17.  The lowest item on my WL is $10..then with 40% off its $6. I'm still $11 in the hole.  

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

Torquinox said:

PerttiA said:

I'm glad that worked out for you. I'm not getting similar results except for the buy-in, and those are products that I don't especially desire. So, that's how it goes.

Same here - I'm honestly happy for you you're getting such a good deal, but the thing is that I really don't need anything from the Featured New, and I hardly ever buy any Pro Bundles, because I have so much stuff I never use already - which comes exactly from sales like this.  And while it might really be a good deal for if you do it once in a while, having to spend almost 40 bucks on a cart so that it actually makes for such a good deal is not something I can attempt to do every time I want to buy something here. I understand that the store wants us to do exactly this, and I don't blame them, but I can't and won't do it anymore. Not with 191 pages of content and having spent the equivalent of a small car here in just a few years.

• After a month on the sidelines, I wanted to be excited about today's sale, but almost all of my serious wishlist is composed of new stuff I wishlisted in December due to the mediocre sales then and isn't eligible. I will buy in for a sale, but there has to be enough value in exchange and the buy-in has to either be cheap or a reasonable cost for something I would want anyway. So far this one is just not working out that way. Too bad.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

After a month on the sidelines, I wanted to be excited about today's sale, but almost all of my serious wishlist is composed of new stuff I wishlisted in December due to the mediocre sales then and isn't eligible. I will buy in for a sale, but there has to be enough value in exchange and the buy-in has to either be cheap or a reasonable cost for something I would want anyway. So far this one is just not working out that way. Too bad.

I have a practice now in which I wishlist all DO pro bundles, do mega bundles, and then bundles of things I like. Because of that I have a bunch of gen 9 bundles that I could get for 94 and 97% off with this sale.
    edited January 3

Torquinox said:

theflarf said:

Gotta be patient and wait for the right sales. 

...for the type of items you like and will likely use.. That whittles things down a bit.

I rarely purchase character bundles unless I like and will use everything that's in them (the last was Edie 8).

This discussion has been closed.