There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

I'm actually too tired to dabble in any sales lately, wish they would include that all-important 'show wishlist only' button already. Can't be scrolling through 300+ pages. Me needs sleep more than me needs shiny new (and new items mostly aren't included anyways).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 10

...hmm no 60% banner yet though 10 min to go before "Daz Zero Hour" (23:00 where I am).

ETA

Hmmm, the new banner showed up, I clicked on it and it disappeared.

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

So, we would have to buy BOTH new Stonemason (for almost $38) to get a SINGLE select Stonemason product for $4.99? They are already on sale for 50%, so the most you could save (apart from a couple of old bundles) is about $15, or less (about $2 at the low end).

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

Does someone know how long a product will receive the 30% 'brand new' discount ? Two weeks ?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

Heads up for those who don't check the main store page. There's a flash sale on a rotating banner for a selection of items for 3.99 (3.49 for Daz+ members) - up to 5 items, or up to 10 items with a buy in (any new release). No end time of the sale provided in the banner.

Elor said:

Does someone know how long a product will receive the 30% 'brand new' discount ? Two weeks ?

Yes, two weeks. Then it is off limits for any sales for two months, or 60 days, not exactly sure.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited January 11

Got three great sales today.

Wish Upon a Sale (older sale still active)

New Year Stone Mason

And The Orange Banner for those of us who were on the Daz Nice List

Got some fantastic deals 90% etc some sales stacked

Edit: Oops forgot Choose 5 yummy deals

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 387

Ran absolutely roughshod over the throwback sale today, buying the full quota of ten G3 items, including a couple of things which had long been in my "I could kind of use that, but I couldn't use it enough to pay that price for it, maybe one day if it's very cheap" mental category.

To test out the additional savings with a new-release purchase I added the BETTY headset to the lot, because it's possible that I can remove the stupid cat and kitbash the headset into something else. The headset did not QUITE offset its own cost with the additional savings--that is, the total of the cart did not go down when I added it ... but since the net effect was to get the headset for about thirty cents, I left it in.

I am not a coupon-clipper nor a bargain-hunter in the real world, but the Daz store prices have forced these habits upon me.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

NorthOf45 said:

Yes, two weeks. Then it is off limits for any sales for two months, or 60 days, not exactly sure.

Thank you smiley

...well did pretty good on the throwback sale picked up Sumo Character, Hair and Outfit for George3, Talk Show - Late Night Set and Poses, Satyrn for Genesis 3 Male, and Fawna for Genesis 3 Female. (the latter two which work into my main storyline).

Not bad for 14$ and change.

Hm-m, how about 1/7 off Gift Cards? Or more...

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

NorthOf45 said:

Yeah I second that!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

NorthOf45 said:

That would only be 14% off but something is better than nothing. And we definitely need a good gift card sale. Please. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited January 12

Hmph! It looks like we no longer get an exra discont for buying both of today's DAZ+ new releases together. no

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited January 12

So, if you're like me and are looking for that "legacy" one-seventh because you want the items starting at 60% off and hope to get it a lot lower than that (which I did, but only because I gave in and bought Norra too), you probably find it a little overwhelming to be dropped into that list of artists ... that's just too much to sift through. "Just show me a list of all the items in the legacy one-seventh, puh-lease!" I hear you cry.

Well, it's there. The individual artist listings for the legacy seventh are obtained by filtering a big list. If you go to

https://www.daz3d.com/snow-melting-legacy-blowout

without any of the parameters tacked on, you'll see all 4500-some items in the legacy one-seventh. You're welcome. Why they didn't just link that anywhere on the feature page is beyond me.

Post edited by columbine on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

It feels like the selection for 1/7th will be changing every day. Todays selection and discount wasn't tempting enough.

The Throwback sale does get close, but no cigar... frown

• Charlie Judge said:

Hmph! It looks like we no longer get an exra discont for buying both of today's DAZ+ new releases together. no

Meh. Scanned concrete? The tiling would be atrocious on anything larger than the walls in the promos.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Nath said:

Not divulging the numbers, but I spent a quarter less last year than in 2022. I expect to continue this trend, maybe even accelerate it *g*

same here...

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

The percentages are not loosening my purse strings right now. Perfectly normal for me. angel

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,314
    edited January 12

PerttiA said:

It feels like the selection for 1/7th will be changing every day. Todays selection and discount wasn't tempting enough.

The Throwback sale does get close, but no cigar... frown

Same here, o partner in crime laugh

Most of my current wants/needs (but I am repeating myself) involve new releases in the last couple of months, which are still in new-stuff-probation and probably won't be in the sale, but the right combination of tempting new things plus a few older wishlist things and the right favorite PAs ... could ... lure me into assembling a little cart. Will check again tomorrow ...

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on

...when I click on the "Shop Now" buttons for either the Recent and Legacy Back Catalogue sales,  it does nothing .  What gives?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

kyoto kid said:

...when I click on the "Shop Now" buttons for either the Recent and Legacy Back Catalogue sales,  it does nothing .  What gives?

Those just go to the section on the page, click the "view all artist items" in that section to see them. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

The selection of items that are both Legacy Back Catalog as well as Featured Artist is much larger today than it was yesterday. In fact, I'm pretty sure today includes everything from yesterday, plus new additional items. How do you guys think this is going to play out during the next six days? Is it going to keep stacking, until we have the largest selection of items next Thursday? (Which would be neat, but wouldn't make that much sense? Why would DAZ incentivise their customers to wait?) Or are items going to cycle out again? What do you guys think?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

i give up trying to figure out what is in the mind of DAZ marketing. 

Hylas said:

The selection of items that are both Legacy Back Catalog as well as Featured Artist is much larger today than it was yesterday. In fact, I'm pretty sure today includes everything from yesterday, plus new additional items. How do you guys think this is going to play out during the next six days? Is it going to keep stacking, until we have the largest selection of items next Thursday? (Which would be neat, but wouldn't make that much sense? Why would DAZ incentivise their customers to wait?) Or are items going to cycle out again? What do you guys think?

The only part I've looked at the last two days is the legacy artists list (the list that starts at 60% off, not the list that starts at 40% off). Yesterday the legacy list had 4700-ish items. Today it has 5500-ish. So it's about on par? Maybe? I can tell you this: they are NOT strictly doing "a different seventh of the store every day," because I saw two items in the first couple of pages of the legacy list today that I also saw in the list yesterday (and there may have been more; those were just the two that I remembered seeing offhand).

Incidentally, the URL for the whole legacy list today, if you want it all in one place and not artist-by-artist, is https://www.daz3d.com/summer-ready-legacy-blowout

• summer ready blowout | Daz 3D

Appears to be the main link for the 40% Back Catalog; the link at the bottom of the artist list seems to be referencing the legacy list. It looks like 40%->72% if you have 3 and one of today's new items.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I'm mostly just glad to see that I'm not the only one who's low-key confused. Whatever, it'll be what it'll be.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

No way am I scrolling theough that many pages of stuff.

i wound up just putting all the stuff from my wishlist that already had a decent discount into my cart to see what it did.

Not impressed with the results, took it all back out. Maybe better luck tomorrow... at least today had a gift card sale, even if it was only 10%

• It's one of those weeks, when my mind doesn't have the energy to fathom DAZ sales.

So I'll just wait to see if the Oracle of the DAZ store* tells me if it's a shopping day, and take it from there...

* That would be PerttiA laugh

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

SapphireBlue said:

It's one of those weeks, when my mind doesn't have the energy to fathom DAZ sales.

So I'll just wait to see if the Oracle of the DAZ store* tells me if it's a shopping day, and take it from there...

* That would be PerttiA laugh

blushblush 

This discussion has been closed.