There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

daveso said:

i get a coupon not valid error with the DAZ+ membership deal. The lowest I'm getting Kara9 Pro is $45 but I have no tokens. I have the expressions in there as Free though, 

I checked the coupon and it didn't work for me either. Makes me wonder if they forgot to put "new members only" (which would be a bummer). I'd report it in the report thread.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

joanna said:

daveso said:

i get a coupon not valid error with the DAZ+ membership deal. The lowest I'm getting Kara9 Pro is $45 but I have no tokens. I have the expressions in there as Free though, 

I checked the coupon and it didn't work for me either. Makes me wonder if they forgot to put "new members only" (which would be a bummer). I'd report it in the report thread.

Stopped working for me too 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454

ok, I've got exactly 10.07 to spend, I want the new pony tail hair, but the Holo Hair bob looks nice too. I have no tokens and I've already used up my monthly coupons so unless I'm missing any deal combos, looks like there's no way I can get both and I have to pick one to buy for now?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

I need a 50% off banner deal or something. 

• The membership discount coupon should be fixed, I beleive.

Richard Haseltine said:

The membership discount coupon should be fixed, I beleive.

Working again 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182
    edited March 1

Boy, the Kara 9 bundle was $25 yesterday. Today March Madness started. So I had hoped to get the bundle together with some MM stuff to keep my token level. But now the bundle won't move below $40. Too much for me, sorry!

OK - it seems the whole intro promo of Kara 9 is gone after just one day - and is not compensated by MM still new discounts. That means: bundle is now $45 or $40 with MM-combos - instead of $25. And the free expressions are no longer free. Bad, was a near-instabuy for me but DAZ educated me to wait with new bundles. Now it's a no-buy.

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

My membership ending has really helped my spending, barely bought any of late, and seemingly missing out on a coupon to get reducded membership price certainly won't be re-subbing soon at the sound of it.

March Madness doesn't appear to be particuarly mad from what i've looked at today, could be forgiven for thinking it was any random sale of the year, i.e grab bag with a small selection and a too high a price to 'grab' if you don't buy into someone you do not want/need

Yesterday was a lot madder than today, although I'm not sure all the discounts are stacking right - Don't have time to check at the moment.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

theflarf said:

March Madness doesn't appear to be particuarly mad from what i've looked at today, could be forgiven for thinking it was any random sale of the year, i.e grab bag with a small selection and a too high a price to 'grab' if you don't buy into someone you do not want/need

In fact, the start is not particularly 'mad'. For me as a Mac user, it's even downright lame, because the great Heat animations are only for Windows. But I'm not interested in animations anyway, so it doesn't matter. But there is this 'grab bag' with its high buy-ins and high prices. The 10% (+ buy-in!) for the gift card is only worthwhile for high GC amounts that not everyone can afford. No, that has to get better.

caravelle said:

theflarf said:

In fact, the start is not particularly 'mad'. For me as a Mac user, it's even downright lame, because the great Heat animations are only for Windows. But I'm not interested in animations anyway, so it doesn't matter. But there is this 'grab bag' with its high buy-ins and high prices. The 10% (+ buy-in!) for the gift card is only worthwhile for high GC amounts that not everyone can afford. No, that has to get better.

There is no buy-in requirement in getting 10% off the giftcard
    The 20% off requires buying one item over $1 from newly mad or still mad 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

caravelle said:

But there is this 'grab bag' with its high buy-ins and high prices.

The free Heat item will trigger the lower Grab Bag price, FYI

PerttiA said:

You're right; I must have overlooked that. Still not as good as the 30% the other day... This shows once again how quickly customers become spoilt ;-)

Hylas said:

caravelle said:

But there is this 'grab bag' with its high buy-ins and high prices.

The free Heat item will trigger the lower Grab Bag price, FYI

Thanks, that may be, but the Grab Bag selection still doesn't blow me away. Neither in terms of quantity nor in terms of the items themselves - apart from the ones I already own.

caravelle said:

PerttiA said:

You're right; I must have overlooked that. Still not as good as the 30% the other day... This shows once again how quickly customers become spoilt ;-)

One gets 20% off a giftcard if one puts the free Heat-plugin and the Pathfinder Mech Textures Pack for $5.36 into the cart

edited March 1

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

PerttiA said:

One gets 20% off a giftcard if one puts the free Heat-plugin and the Pathfinder Mech Textures Pack for $5.36 into the cart

but then how much of a GC do you have to buy to break even ? plus you need to buy the mech to use the textures? To me, as a limited income person, the overall sale is too high in general. I really wanted to buy Kara 9, and yesterday she was $13 and today $22. That increase is enough for me to say no. I figured today I get a new DAZ+ coupon, but that doesn't even get it to $13. The overall crazy of buy this and that to get this for another 10% off in't worth it to me anymore. It makes me crazy.  Straight 10% off a GC is OK for sure. At least that is cut and dried without having to manipulate a cart for hours to get the best deal. 

I need to face the fact I am out of DAZ purchasing for the most part. Free is good for me. I'll see what, if anything, I can swing that I need, but I have the feeling my purchasing during MM will be minimal of anything. The free animation plug might work to buy a couple 3.99 items. we will see. No. Disappointed

Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

PerttiA said:

but then how much of a GC do you have to buy to break even ? plus you need to buy the mech to use the textures? 

with a giftcard of $26.80 one breaks even and any bigger giftcard gives one free store credit, but as I said, there is no buy-in for the 10% off

You don't need to buy the mech 

• ValiskaValiska Posts: 80
    edited March 1

I think I'm mostly out too. The old stuff has been rising substantially in price, not falling.
    I think these are my new rules for buying in this sale:

• It's a utility;
    •  It's $7 or less;
    • I know precisely which character that is/which character would use it/which scenes it's the set for.

In fact, as long as I'm in Daz+, I think the monthly buying rules are:

• 1-2 male old items;
    • 1-2 female old items;
    • 1-2 old props, scenery, etc.
      OR
    • 1 major item of scenery or something else recent that looks so good, I'm willing to displace the other stuff for that month for it.

If I ever decide not to renew Daz+, it switches to simply 1-2 items a month, as without it the older pieces are as pricy as the new..

There are now, after the recent years' price rises, too many items whose base prices are too high for me to buy without knowing in advance where I'm planning to render them, and it's taking too much time to follow the convoluted sales to get the prices down. 

Post edited by Valiska on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited March 1

I'm glad I ended up buying the Kara bundle yesterday for 92% off plus other Daz Originals with the same discounts (using 8 tokens plus the monthly $6.00 I still had and 3 Omni hair products.)Today's deals are not so great although I do like some of today's new items. Might wait till they're Still New tomorrow to combine with whatever deal happens tomorrow to use my tokens. Purchasing here is like gambling. Will the price be better today or tomorrow? 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • I'm confused by the Kara pricing today, to the extent that I can't fathom it being intentional. I often do buy the originals on day 1. Other times, I'm just too busy to build a cart or want to think on it for a few days. Kara was a bit of both - no time to build a cart around her and I wanted to have a look at my library - and maybe see some more renders from others - before deciding whether I could find a use for her in my library. I'm simply not paying twice the price of yesterday on an item that wasn't an insta buy on day 1. Don't understand it.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I'm confused by the Kara pricing today, to the extent that I can't fathom it being intentional. I often do buy the originals on day 1. Other times, I'm just too busy to build a cart or want to think on it for a few days. Kara was a bit of both - no time to build a cart around her and I wanted to have a look at my library - and maybe see some more renders from others - before deciding whether I could find a use for her in my library. I'm simply not paying twice the price of yesterday on an item that wasn't an insta buy on day 1. Don't understand it.

Same here. I figured the Kara 9 deals would last for a couple of days. Yeah, I know I should have got it yesterday but the Kara 9 HD pro bundle is now just too pricey for me. So, DAZ loses out on a sale and I save a lot of pennies for another day. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

The good news is, better prices will come around again. They usually do! First day of MM is not the sale I'm looking for, but I'm sure it suited some people.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,031
    edited March 1

I had a cart built yesterday, but I wanted to use my DAZ+ coupon that would come today. Also I had migraine hit again, so I went off computers totally mid-day. This morning, price jumped way high. At first I thought it was another store hiccup. Coming back here, I see it is not. So, I wishlisted the items, except for that animation plug-in thingie, and will as Torquinox noted, wait for a better sale. I even cleared out the DAZ+ freebie; have a month to get it. I may sit out March Madness to a higher degree than I have in the past.

To the PAs whose work I am not downloading today, my apologies. You have some lovely products for us.

(Edit to add a word, another migraine.) sad

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846
    The Kara pricing yesterday was part of the leap year sale, which is over.
  • barbult said:

I get that. What I don't get is why the pricing on day 2 is just shy of 105 bucks (with the freebie 'buy-in'). I'm not complaiing - I'm not entirely convinced I want the bundle, tbh - I'm just scratching my head.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    barbult said:
    Daz should have extended the leap year sale through the weekend. I did manage to snag the Kara bundle and some other things, but I was working both days and had limited time to shop. The sale was good, and I'd have purchased quite a bit more if it ran longer.

In contrast, March Madness is just plain uninteresting so far. Everything is more expensive, and besides that, the token system isn't conducive to lots of smaller daily purchases. Tokens favor fewer, larger carts unless you're dropping $80 per day - so if the sales run short, then interesting new releases (such as Adamo Flip Hair) just get wishlisted instead of purchased. :|
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

I do like the new flamenco set by Luthbellina from today, but I really don't feel like buying a new (and not cheap) 'key item' every d... day of the sale. It used to be that the key items were good for 3 days, and that the 'still new' stayed at their initial discount for 3 days also. Now, they've dropped 5% off after 1 day already, and the 'key item' is about 10 bucks with discounts. If that's the way it's gonna be: sorry, too much pressure and too little incentive for me.

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, DAZ pricing is leaving me behind. Even at 70% off most item of newer generation 8 and 9, are now higher than I can afford. Too bad but I am close, finally, to breaking the shopping habit. What I've noticed though my enjoyment of DAZ Studio has also lessened a lot, so its starting to feel like a lot of wasted cash and time. I used to have some creative thinking but I feel numb anymore. Maybe its my age, not sure, but it is what it is. Anyway. that's my story and I need to quit dwelling on it. 

• March Madness? Yep, I'm definitely mad right now. More tokens are gonna expire today. I should've pulled the trigger in the much better leap year sale instead of waiting for this :'(

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530

I'm sitting this sale out. I lost weight and had to buy clothing the next size down, which is not a bad thing, but it was kinda expensive.

This discussion has been closed.