There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Ok, store credit used to the last cent... The G8 flash sale helped in compensating for the five new releases, Just couldn't resist Scheherazade+vignette, Gladius, Arid Valley and Fern Grove

• Phoenix KnightPhoenix Knight Posts: 35
    edited February 20

Not sure if this was intended, but wanted to alert y'all savvy shoppers that the Feb-Fab coupon currently works on gift cards, listed as only one use per customer.  I added https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-myrrh-for-genesis-9 to the cart and got 30% off a gift card (plus the 30% applied to her, so she was $3 and some change).  May be a good use for the coupon for those looking for gift card sales.

Post edited by Phoenix Knight on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

Phoenix Knight said:

Not sure if this was intended, but wanted to alert y'all savvy shoppers that the Feb-Fab coupon currently works on gift cards, listed as only one use per customer.  I added https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-myrrh-for-genesis-9 to the cart and got 30% off a gift card (plus the 30% applied to her, so she was $3 and some change).  May be a good use for the coupon for those looking for gift card sales.

Coupon is all upper case FEB-FAB

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,520

Oooh, thank ya'll very much!  I finally got to reload my gift card ^_^

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

@Phoenix Knight, thanks for the exercise... Had to take an early lunchbreak and walk a mile to the local grocery store for a new prepaid Master Card, but it was worth it smiley

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

Phoenix Knight said:

Thank you so much!! I'd put her on my wish list... now I didn't have to wait AND I topped up my store credit! Let the madness begin!!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Whoa TY

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

This FEB-FAB is really great - 30% off a GC! Of course I took advantage of it immediately. Thanks for the tip, @Phoenix Knight!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,031

I had one token and also applied it to the FEB-FAB discount for my items with my gift card. But that was sneaky, I almost missed it, except for Ati's email. Came here to let folks know, but see you all were on to it.

But, thank you DAZ. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

Phoenix Knight said:

YAY!  Giftcard reloaded!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited February 20

Nice that these promos are good for GCs. smiley

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • I rarely buy GCs but for the discount, I suppose I'll indulge. Unfortunately, for me, what they do is increase the likelihood of impulse buying = buying even more stuff than I normally do, so I usually avoid having one.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I rarely buy GCs but for the discount, I suppose I'll indulge. Unfortunately, for me, what they do is increase the likelihood of impulse buying = buying even more stuff than I normally do, so I usually avoid having one.

Me too! :) 

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

Phoenix Knight said:

It's intentional. The ad for it in DIM (which I didn't see until after the fact) says "INCLUDING NEW RELEASES AND GIFT CARDS!" 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

its March Madness time...a GC will surely help.  I'm passing though. 

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I rarely buy GCs but for the discount, I suppose I'll indulge. Unfortunately, for me, what they do is increase the likelihood of impulse buying = buying even more stuff than I normally do, so I usually avoid having one.

Same here. Glad I'm not alone on this. 

• barbult said:

Phoenix Knight said:

Just FYI, I'm not sure that's true anymore, at least not on all codes.  The case sensitivity hasn't given me an issue for quite some time.  Normally I just copy and paste, but when codes are embedded in images I default to typing it in without capitals.

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 507
    edited February 21

A question for folks who have been around for a while... does Daz ever do anything wild, sales-wise, for Leap Day?

Edit: In more dangerous news, my replacement credit card arrived in the mail today. laugh

Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Like the FEB-FAB sale the other day today's MEGA-DEAL flash sale works to give you a 30% discount on gift cards when you also have a new release over $5 in your cart

Charlie Judge said:

Like the FEB-FAB sale the other day today's MEGA-DEAL flash sale works to give you a 30% discount on gift cards when you also have a new release over $5 in your cart

I noticed that. I loaded up yesterday and the discount on other items was better, I think. But maybe somebodyknows something I don't?

• britscriptwriterbritscriptwriter Posts: 57
    edited February 21

An almost-newbie here. Just discovered the gift card trick thanks to you all! Just wondering, am I allowed to use the gift card I bought in yesterday's FEB-FAB sale to buy a gift card in today's MEGA-DEAL sale? I don't seem to have the option on the checkout screen... (I have redeemed yesterday's card and can see the balance in the store credit screen.)

Post edited by britscriptwriter on

britscriptwriter said:

An almost-newbie here. Just discovered the gift card trick thanks to you all! Just wondering, am I allowed to use the gift card I bought in yesterday's FEB-FAB sale to buy a gift card in today's MEGA-DEAL sale? I don't seem to have the option on the checkout screen...

No. Gift cards can not be purchased with store credit or other gift cards. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

britscriptwriter said:

An almost-newbie here. Just discovered the gift card trick thanks to you all! Just wondering, am I allowed to use the gift card I bought in yesterday's FEB-FAB sale to buy a gift card in today's MEGA-DEAL sale? I don't seem to have the option on the checkout screen... (I have redeemed yesterday's card and can see the balance in the store credit screen.)

From the gift card page: Store credit is not a valid payment method. so no, you can't pay with your redeemed gift card for another gift card. 

edited February 21

Torquinox said:

Charlie Judge said:

I noticed that. I loaded up yesterday and the discount on other items was better, I think. But maybe somebodyknows something I don't?

Well since they are single use the most credit you you could get yesterday was $500 but if you are a big spender now you can get another $500 gift card for a total of $1000 credit. Sadly I don't have the funds available to do that.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • @charliejudge @joanna Thanks for your quick replies. That makes sense. I'll buy with actual (credit card) currency then :)

• Charlie Judge said:

I wasted yesterday's code for not realizing that it could be applied to the purchase of gift cards as well, and I am quite the frequent spender on Daz's goods. So you have no idea how much I celebrate this. Thanks. Just ordered my $500 gift card together with a new release over $5 and the code. :) 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I love this!

I won't be taking advantage of today's offer - I bought a chunky gift card yesterday and that's enough for now - but I love that we're getting a really good discount on gift cards, and I love that they gave us a second chance for those who missed it the first time around. Thank you DAZ!

• Just what do they have in store for us with such brazen gift card offerings?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

Phoenix Knight said:

barbult said:

Phoenix Knight said:

Just FYI, I'm not sure that's true anymore, at least not on all codes.  The case sensitivity hasn't given me an issue for quite some time.  Normally I just copy and paste, but when codes are embedded in images I default to typing it in without capitals.

I think you are right! I wonder when that changed. I just typed a code in all lower case and when I applied it, the cart corrected it to all upper case.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

barbult said:

Phoenix Knight said:

barbult said:

Phoenix Knight said:

I think you are right! I wonder when that changed. I just typed a code in all lower case and when I applied it, the cart corrected it to all upper case.

Another relatively recent change is that they no longer clear a coupon code if it does not apply. This gives you the chance to fix any spelling errors without having to type the whole thing again.

This discussion has been closed.