There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Calliope23 said:

I'm sitting this sale out. I lost weight and had to buy clothing the next size down, which is not a bad thing, but it was kinda expensive.

Turn off limits on expand all and move the slider in a negative direction.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

It looks like I keep sitting on my store credit yet another day.

The key item is way too expensive, and although I can get Daz+ items for 92% off without it, waiting for tomorrow extends the validity of the earned tokens until end of Sunday.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited March 4

...yeah, I have a couple tokens but nothing much interesting so far to use them on.  If I pick one or two up here and there that's fine but not specifically going after tokens this sale anyway as that just gets too spendy.

Hoping instead that sometime there will be a "Key" item I'm actually interested in. that isn't a bundle.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

So far, I'm also sitting this one out.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

So far the "Key" items get more and more expensive.... On first day i expect some good sales so went in and got 6 tokens (Did not want to go for 8 which was a good idea it seems), guess I will use them up on last day to get something nice and then wait for Daz+ sale next :D

• Lost_UtopianLost_Utopian Posts: 107

Is the token system working?

I have a cart of $57.56  I applied 8 tokens for 45% off and the price only dropped to $40 and change. My math says it should be $31.57 and that's with the tax added in, remove that and my cart should be 30$ and change.

Am I missing something here?

• KerseyKersey Posts: 56

Are everything Daz Originals? For non-Daz Originals discount is only 30% with 8 tokens.

• PerttiA said:

It looks like I keep sitting on my store credit yet another day.

The key item is way too expensive, and although I can get Daz+ items for 92% off without it, waiting for tomorrow extends the validity of the earned tokens until end of Sunday.

Same here. Not seeing the critical mass of gotta-have new things at the right prices combined with stackable discounts that tends to motivate me. Not helping is that I had knocked my wishlist down to single digits in that last awesome wishlist sale, so most of what I have wishlisted is recently added and therefore not on any of the sales yet.

• Lost_UtopianLost_Utopian Posts: 107

Thanks Kersey,,, That would be it, none of the items are DAZ originals

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

my average spend per month was $60 up to a year or so ago, maybe two. I was able to buy over 10,000 items even at that low spend. Now its hard to get by with 60 on one day. Yeah, no matter what I see refuting the pricing, I'm sticking by what I see. Its too bad as the products, the characters, look mighty fine to me. Probably worth a couple bucks more as DAZ was always low compared to most 3D stores, but it seems to have risen out of my spend zone, but obviously not everyone's as I see a lot of spendy people here in the forums and I'm sure thousands that don't post here. 

I think I'm n old man outlier, one of the originals not able to keep up with the new times. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

Lost_Utopian said:

I have a cart of $57.56  I applied 8 tokens for 45% off and the price only dropped to $40 and change. My math says it should be $31.57 and that's with the tax added in, remove that and my cart should be 30$ and change.

Without knowing what's in your cart here is how it applies.

"Extra Savings on Your Entire Cart with Daz Tokens
    You'll get 1 token for every $10 you spend in a single transaction!

Apply your tokens at checkout to get up to 30% extra off your entire cart or up to 45% extra off Daz Originals in your cart."

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited March 4

Lost_Utopian said:

I placed an order yesterday to which I applied my about-to-expire 8 tokens. In the order there were, among others, few Mad Grab Bag Items at $3.99 each, as per the sale formulae. I was expecting a further discount on these Mad Grab Bag Items thanks to the applied eight tokens, but their price did not get any cheaper than the initial $3.99 each. So I eventually removed them from my cart.

Post edited by Jumbotron on
  • KerseyKersey Posts: 56

Grab Bag items with fixed prices often have "Offer does not stack with other discounts" attached to it. That includes tokens.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84

[email protected] said:

Grab Bag items with fixed prices often have "Offer does not stack with other discounts" attached to it. That includes tokens.

I see. That's it then. Thank you. :)

• Did a new Your Key Item just drop or have I totally missed it the entire day? It's $0.62 for me along with some artist items and tokens.

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Did a new Your Key Item just drop or have I totally missed it the entire day? It's $0.62 for me along with some artist items and tokens.

I thought something would come up at around this time wink 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,207

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Did a new Your Key Item just drop or have I totally missed it the entire day? It's $0.62 for me along with some artist items and tokens.

The hair? It's been there for at least a few hours. It was there when I logged on at 12:00 EST.

• butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

The hair? It's been there for at least a few hours. It was there when I logged on at 12:00 EST.

Not sure when EST is, but it's 9pm here. I was up at Daz midnight (7am here) and didn't see it. I've checked every three hours-ish for the flash deals and didn't see it. But that honestly means nothing - I don't see a lot laugh

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,207

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Not sure when EST is, but it's 9pm here. I was up at Daz midnight (7am here) and didn't see it. I've checked every three hours-ish for the flash deals and didn't see it. But that honestly means nothing - I don't see a lot laugh

I'm 2 hours ahead of DAZ time. I saw it first about 4 hours ago. 

ainm.sloinneadh said:

butterflyfish said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Usually they come up with those sometime between 11AM to 2PM Daztime, which makes me stay up past my midnight (it's past 11PM here now)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I put JL Hair 005 and the free Heat plug-in in my cart; the hair got discounted to $1,45 and then I got a pretty decent discount on some things from my wishlist.

Don't know exactly what happened here and I'm honestly not that interested. Just wanted to mention it for others, maybe try putting JL Hair 005, the Heat plug-in, and some additional items in your cart and see what happens.

Worth a try. Thanks @Hylas

• Ah, we're doing the Key Items thing again? Welp...

turns off lights, closes door

Key thing is fun. For some reason, the less expensive key pops in the cart for an unbeatable price - With a few Daz+ items from my WL, I got Egyptian Atrium for $1.02. I assume that was a stacking effect. It's a mad thing to have happen.I can cheerfully say, "Thanks Daz!"

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I like the key items this time. Since Monday the lesser key item has always been under $2 for me, which is a great price, no matter how you look at it. And if you get it it'll sprinkle some seemingly random* stacking discounts on some other stuff in your cart. No buy-in, and you can skip as many as you want without negative consequences. Have not been impressed with the rest of the sale so far, but this is pretty good!

* don't even try to explain the exact details, I don't care.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...yesterday being Double Deal Tuesday there were actually two key items, one which was Daz+ that still unlocked the extra 10%.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 722

So far all the complicated rules for curated sub-sets of items plus the lack of "key" items that match my needs (pretty typical; I don't groove with most of what everyone else likes, apparently) have made it seem like madness to even bother... but maybe it's a mercy. I'm still trying to get a decently accessible catalog of my current assets since smart content and the search functionality are nearly useless, and this gives me a chance to catch up. 

Still 25-ish days left, I figure if by the end of them I find a decent deal for the two monthly coupons I'll call it good and have more saved for the summer and fall sales.

The sale isn't bad, especially if one doesn't have tokens and/or buys smaller carts.

My current cart has 10 items for $10.46 at 94% off and no tokens or coupons are used.

Cart10.PNG
    641 x 865 - 118K
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

So far it's March Mehness. 

Ended up with 1 token, but that disappeared as nothing of note worth buying came up in time. 

• britscriptwriterbritscriptwriter Posts: 57
    edited March 6

Now I'm trying not to be too disappointed with my first experience of March Madness. Holding onto the hope that they'll have a wishlist sale with stacking discounts later this month...

Post edited by britscriptwriter on
This discussion has been closed.