mind you I still bought it to use with that other software

this is of course someone's footage the game off youtube

GERALT  
    wanna ride yennifer's unicorn with geralt.  tee hee

tickles toes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ToeJam said:

I see Geralt is in the store today, G3M so cruel broken heart

he's lovely, but in practicality he personal use and fanfic only.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited October 2016

Geralt Totally ROCKS!!!

I have Witcher 1 & 2, but not 3 or the cool Adventure Game, which is on sale for 80% off at GOG right now!

Not Witcher 3 though :(

I'm not a computer gamer, but I really like Witcher. Witcher 1 and 2 were made using BioWare's Neverwinter Nights engine,

then CD Projekt developed their own for 3, and turned out the best computer RPG ever - so they say!

I've gotten pretty far into the first game, but I still don't think I was halfway through.

Been so long I'd start all over again. No time ever. Its like I can game or work in Carrara - I always choose the latter.

Those games come with fantastic goodies that I can enjoy without even playing the game. I love the music.

My son bought the PS4 version of W3 and gave me the soundtrack CD, and GOG (owned by CD Projekt) gives the soundtracks when we buy the games through them in download version.

Also wonderful art books, calendars... the works. Very nice collection o' stuff for the small investment.

But the game is SO cool.

Atmosphere galore!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited October 2016

I grabbed Witcher 1 & 2 off Steam on sale for a few dollars a few months ago but I have little patience for playing games sadly.

But like the pretty graphics, and of course being me, extracted the models and textures except they do not seem to match!

I must say the mesh is very intricate compared to say Skyrim though, am busy playing in Carrara with Kayleyess's version of the clothes at least  autofitted to Genesis in D|S and saved as a support asset using Sickleyields clone, may post a shot later with both.

As you can see on this quick render the TW2 camp follower mesh is missing some shading domains and a face texture yet Sheala on the right assigns somewhat better, also that Posermocap I used on Genesis causes an odd thigh distortion, its the pz2 not the duf so maybe thats why, otherwise the outfit autofits fine except you lose all the parented props and the bag, and sheath. I added them as props.

Capture.JPG
    784 x 685 - 72K
    cf.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 329K
    Doc2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 64K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2016

Oh I found the clothes match the maps but not the figures and there is lots of duplicate mesh, the witcher 2 model converter does not export all the shading domains.

I can clean it up so only the clothes remain.

Not sure where I am going though as limited use for fan art anyway but could prob use transfer utility and fit that to a DAZ figure after using temp bones in Carrara to tpose it.

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 289K

I found a kitteh and furred it

witcher cat.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 206K
    edited October 2016

I'd link this stuff but not sure I should, found through Nexus mods the Witcher 2 model converter and witcher 2 texturen entpacker and Gibbed RED tools, some are on Github

/me ride the unicorn with geralt 

i missed the marriage deadline. >.<

MistyMist said:

/me ride the unicorn with geralt 

i missed the marriage deadline. >.<

left at altar

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Geralt Totally ROCKS!!!

...snip...

I have Witcher 1 & 2, but not 3 or the cool Adventure Game, which is on sale for 80% off at GOG right now!

Not Witcher 3 though :(

I'm not a computer gamer, but I really like Witcher. Witcher 1 and 2 were made using BioWare's Neverwinter Nights engine,

then CD Projekt developed their own for 3, and turned out the best computer RPG ever - so they say!

I've gotten pretty far into the first game, but I still don't think I was halfway through.

Been so long I'd start all over again. No time ever. Its like I can game or work in Carrara - I always choose the latter.

Those games come with fantastic goodies that I can enjoy without even playing the game. I love the music.

My son bought the PS4 version of W3 and gave me the soundtrack CD, and GOG (owned by CD Projekt) gives the soundtracks when we buy the games through them in download version.

Also wonderful art books, calendars... the works. Very nice collection o' stuff for the small investment.

But the game is SO cool.

Atmosphere galore!

The funny thing about The Witcher is that I did not even know until recently that there were games!  I read an early English translation of one of the books years ago and loved it and then a few years ago a Polish friend of mine told me that the creator is a very famous Polish fantasy author and that there are several books and a bunch of short stories that the games are loosely based on.  I've read all the ones that have been translated to English so far and they are very good, although I'm told that the translation doesn't quite capture to slightly archaic and poetic style of the original Polish versions.

the graphics from W3 inspirational to my carrara renders

Right. Witcher's been famous for a long time over there. Yeah.. the art and behind the scenes videos and stuff that came with my games is just awesome - and very inspiring. 

The Enhanced Edition includes a 200+ page art book, a book on the Story, Maps, and a Calendar of the hot babes of the series. Witcher 2 EE has the Art book, a Comic book, standard game guide and the EE game guide, and map. And they both have  bunch of other cool stuff to download beyond just the game. Like Triss's Playboy session for example, music videos, music (metal) inspired by the game, interviews with the developers and on and on... they really pack a nice gift bag!

I see now that they also include the game modding tools right here with the game... cool!

Wendy that's so awesome!

The Aurora Engine (made by BioWare for NWN) includes a special colorizing method, so that players can pick colors for outfits and such - individual module builders can alter colors of metals, cloth, and leather within the game environment - so that might be where some of the isues are from? Not sure.

Witcher is definitely set up differently and was developed using the Aurora, but far beyond what NWN did visually. Neverwinter Nights was more about having all of the cool D&D options and so on.

yeah my steam edition cannot get the Projekt red tools I used a third party one and its more designed to get stufff in than out.

Still fun playing around seeing the mesh in Carrara.

ToeJam said:

yeah my steam edition cannot get the Projekt red tools I used a third party one and its more designed to get stufff in than out.

Still fun playing around seeing the mesh in Carrara.

Absolutely!

I freaked the first time I saw my textures all wrapped onto models in 3DS Max... couldn't believe my eyes! So Fun!

Also kind of a cool way to get some wonderful lowrez stuff going on. 

Neverwinter Nights 2 brought on a whole new engine which accepted Normal maps... another whole thing to figure out. BioWare got tired of having to wait for Wizards of the Coast to approve every little thing before anything could be released, so they handed NWN2 over to their friends Obsidian.

All the stuff that comes with these, it's well worth the tiny sale price even if we never play the game! Well... if one is into this sort of thing!

MistyMist said:

seeing if this will help with animating if nothing else should make me think of animation related things havent thought of

book arrived.

forgot how heavy paper is  lol

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

That should be a fantastic reference.  Encourage you to share your experiences with it.  I wonder if it would be a good reference for animating a custom crabman mesh.  Don't know that I want any more paper books. 

Is that a common spelling of Edward?  I think it means wealth-guardian in Old English..

Check this out!

Special Presentation: Eadweard Muybridge - Grandfather of Animation - by Cripeman

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

No Edward is the normal spelling of Edward, Mr Muybridge is the only person I have seen with that spelling. My wife thought it might be a throwback to Anglo Saxon.  But anyway, Muybridge's work is still a useful reference for animators, and you can find many examples on the internet as well as in print.

Yes. Eadweard Muybridge has shown sheer animation genius!

I really love Cripeman's cool dedication to him. 

Check this out!

Special Presentation: Eadweard Muybridge - Grandfather of Animation - by Cripeman

yes

cant work on empty tummy,

made bread in machine. now makin grilled swiss cheese with homemade bread.
    cuppa tomato bisque, not to be confused with chowder.

re-watching some of my favorite witcher moments heart

the witcher2 ponytail

witcher3 catgear  meowwrr

He's such a stud! I gotta say, I may not get a kick out of gaming, but Witcher is so different from other games of its kind. Witcher 1 (Haven't even tried 2 yet) begins with such a nice tutorial for non-gamers, while still pushing the story forward. 

He's got that cool, rough voice.. smooth... confident. And he should be confident. He's a Witcher!

Yup... gonna have to start playing Geralt of Rivia again Soon!

i luv his voice luuuvvv   would be so awesome if screaming bee could get close to his voice

MistyMist said:

i luv his voice luuuvvv   would be so awesome if screaming bee could get close to his voice

Have you played Witcher? He has a lot to say - though he is a man of few words.

I'm still waiting for Witcher III to drop in price a bit. Either that or just to have an abundance of cash one day. The packs they give are SO worth the coin, afterall. I love GOG. I have a whole slew of wonderful soundtracks just from getting cool games with cool music on sale. They're in the middle of another huge Daz-like sale right now. They've also added Dragon Age Origins. 

MistyMist said:

Have you played Witcher? He has a lot to say - though he is a man of few words.

I'm still waiting for Witcher III to drop in price a bit. Either that or just to have an abundance of cash one day. The packs they give are SO worth the coin, afterall. I love GOG. I have a whole slew of wonderful soundtracks just from getting cool games with cool music on sale. They're in the middle of another huge Daz-like sale right now. They've also added Dragon Age Origins. 

i've played witcher2 on pc.  is tough cause i mouse with left hand. using w,a,s keys to walk him around is the awkward.
    i have witcher3 for xbox, but i dont have an xbox >.<
    i've watched witcher, witcher2, witcher3, witcher3 heart of stone, witcher3 blood and wine playthroughs on utoob.
    there are utoobers who've shared their playthrough of geralt in the brothels, bless their hearts smileyangelheartkiss ​

thinkin

refraction on eyeglass lenses, so the eye behind the lens looks magnified?