virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited September 2016

RE: dynamic hair and proxies - There is a thread dedicated to Carrara's dynamic hair.  I know Jonstark posted the results of many of his tests.  He also posted some youtube tutorials.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/51604/tutorial-creating-realistic-carrara-hair-for-animations-and-still-renders/p1

Post edited by Diomede on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks for the link smiley

playin with the shaders.  found a mahogany under wood. doh

applying shaders to the steampunk tools.  before n after. 

steampunktool.png
    1240 x 1983 - 2M
    CapMahogany.JPG
    484 x 323 - 38K
    steampunktool2.png
    1240 x 998 - 1M
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

That looks Really cool, Misty!!!

thanks. smiley on a roll replacing shaders 

re-thinking how to get Leo7 and his geografted anatomical bits into rara.
    re-thinking how to get Gianni6 HD workin.

Rara where lights and shadows make sense!

concluded iray gives me a tummy ache.

ahzoo, some interesting points in the knowlege bade. first being how to spell knowlege. smiley

didn't know transparency and reflection should sum less than 100%

How do the transparency settings in Carrara differ from that of Raydream?

In Raydream the transparency attenuated the color channel and the reflection channel. So, a very transparent object behaved as if its color and reflection where set to 0 (black). In Carrara, all those channels are added together which results in very white objects if you use Raydream shaders. To get the correct result, you need to set the color channel to black and make sure the sum of the reflection and transparency is not more than 100%

the DS has a save hierachal material shader.   want to test that isn't the cause of the wonky uvs on geografts.

tee hee, thinkin bout gettin these to put me in Director headspace. 

amazonswag.JPG
    499 x 492 - 43K

well, submitted 2 support tickets. smiley one for g3m and one for the geograft uvs.
    so they know someone is paying attention, lol.

one of my favorite things about carrara, can make a light assigned to one object or set it to ignore some.
    can make it not cast shadow.  can adjust the shadow intensity.  haven't figured out how to adjust with sunlight.

haven't really put Moonlight through the paces.  moon sounds handy for Halloween renders.

the moon and sun isn't at the pointy end of sunlighticon or moonlighticon

so much i wanna try depends on which way the hotpoint is facing.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited September 2016
    MistyMist said:

tee hee, thinkin bout gettin these to put me in Director headspace. 

Goodness.... I'd not buy the slate... anyone should be able to model it in vertex modeler, even add a hinge... a few texture maps for top and bottom would be rather easy, piece of cake. Oh... now I've make myself hungry. :)

MistyMist said:

ahzoo, some interesting points in the knowlege bade. first being how to spell knowlege. smiley

didn't know transparency and reflection should sum less than 100%

How do the transparency settings in Carrara differ from that of Raydream?

In Raydream the transparency attenuated the color channel and the reflection channel. So, a very transparent object behaved as if its color and reflection where set to 0 (black). In Carrara, all those channels are added together which results in very white objects if you use Raydream shaders. To get the correct result, you need to set the color channel to black and make sure the sum of the reflection and transparency is not more than 100%

Cool... thanks I've been thinking of opening a specific thread for learning shaders in Carrara. Don't want to step on your or anyones toes... any objections?

It would be sorta like my modeling thread as I have a lot of questions myself and only some answers. I had thought about mentioning shaders there but it really needs it's own separete one.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
    edited September 2016

smileyyes

made a cappuccino run, cobwebs in my brain.

clap,clap

in my head the actors are all divas.  
    shouting makeup, script girl,  influence of the nosferato movie with john malkovich.
    they all want to star in their own blooper reels

recording a line of dialog is like that's it, this is the commitment, no takebacksies

Bunny girl, when you love some bunny

Post edited by Mistara on

starting the reshading work on Ice cream parlor.  whew work cut out for me, roll up sleeves

this the before: default load with 3de shaders

ca ice cream parlor.png
    1240 x 736 - 564K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    MistyMist said:

starting the reshading work on Ice cream parlor.  whew work cut out for me, roll up sleeves

this the before: default load with 3de shaders

Looks like the lighting needs addressing, this looks very flat.

edited September 2016

yeah. is only ambient atmo.

deciding which wizard shade to use as base for  paint matte finish on the walls. something low, low highlights

the chrome bits easy smiley

this is the promo for it

Ambient lighting doesn't produce highlights anyway, so I would get your lighting sorted first as that will make a difference to how your materials will look. Interiors like that are difficult to do in Carrara, I would definitely recommend using full indirect lighting and gamma correction of 2.2 (unless you are unduly concerned about render times). I go into it in detail in my Realism Rendering training title, you can get some very nice interior lighting with a bit of effort (example below which even has blurred reflections on the floor).

Interior test Final.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 237K
    edited September 2016
    PhilW said:

[cut - see above wgd]
    I go into it in detail in my Realism Rendering training title, you can get some very nice interior lighting with a bit of effort (example below which even has blurred reflections on the floor).

Phil very nice blurred reflections... adds a bit or realism. Reminds me... I've watched Advanced Carrara Techniques twice now... gonna have to watch Realism Rendering agin next.

FYI Note to everyone... I watched Advanced Carrara Techniques very early on the first time. I've watched it again after completing Carrara 8.5 Tutorial Video ... I got a lot more out of Advanced Carrara Techniques the 2nd time around since I knew more by then. Gonna have to watch it again and work on parts of it. Very cool tutorials PhilW.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
    wgdjohn said:
    PhilW said:

[cut - see above wgd]
    I go into it in detail in my Realism Rendering training title, you can get some very nice interior lighting with a bit of effort (example below which even has blurred reflections on the floor).

Phil very nice blurred reflections... adds a bit or realism. Reminds me... I've watched Advanced Carrara Techniques twice now... is it the same as Realism Rendering or might I have missed that?

FYI Note to everyone... I watched Advanced Carrara Techniques very early on the first time. I've watched it again after completing Carrara 8.5 Tutorial Video ... I got more out of Advanced Carrara Techniques the 2nd time around since I knew more by then. Gonna have to watch it again and work on parts of it. Very cool tutorials PhilW.

Thank you for your kind words.  Realism Rendering is a separate set of videos from the others.  It stemmed from my comparing the output of Octane Render for Carrara (when I first got it, and also Luxrender) and the output from Carrara's renderer - I couldn't understand why they looked so different when they should look similar. I then discovered and learned about gamma correction and linear workflow and it opened up a whole new level of realism with Carrara's native renderer and enabled me (quickly and easily) to get close to Octane's output in many cases.  So the Realism Rendering set is all about that, plus how to optimise shaders as well as lighting to achieve the maximum level of realism from your renders.  It really was like having a new and better renderer, close to a physically based renderer, but still with the advantages of having everything built into Carrara!  There was also an extensive discussion thread on it all at the time on these forums.

TestRoomCmparison.jpg
    640 x 1440 - 111K

Great... I discovered that I already had Realism Rendering and corrected my post as you were answering. Also moved Realism to my 1st lister tab in order to watch it next. Thanks for the examples... I'd just bumped gamma correction for the latest Carrara Challenge#27 for which the voting ends tonight.

edited September 2016

tee hee   gathering my animation practice in one place smiley

sss is on for the snow

changing the rotation to , angled, think it was

caustics

the chains from the native content

still havent figured out how to make it

Misty - great animations!

thanks smiley

plopped a seahorsie in,  supposed to be starship in orbit  lol

edited September 2016
    MistyMist said:

thanks smiley

The seahorse appeals more to my sense of the surreal!

Post edited by PhilW on
    PhilW said:
    MistyMist said:

thanks smiley

The seahorse appeals more to my sense of the surreal!

seahorse is a cutie.  wanted to see a rotating object parented to a rotating object..  

• your coffee could use volumetric clouds in a particle emitter

thanks.  earl gray hot smiley

watchin 5th element, they makin milla 

crossing the streams of real/life and carrara smiley

i'm workin on a knowledgebase Microsoft Access 2010, for RF technicians, antennas, multicouplers, etc
    trying to think of the perfect graphic for the main menu, right naos i haz an internet graphic of super mario.

brain freeze, cant think what?
    at first was thinking the 3du monkee, but dunno if someone might be offended i making them out to be monkeys.

I don't suppose a graphic of an antenna mast is going to be very exciting?!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

But, don't ever cross the streams! 

If they have a sense of humor, how about Mr. Magoo?  If they don't, that would go horribly wrong.

cross the streams!!