virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ToeJam said:

GERALT!! heart

was just thinkin,
    if i could measure the outer circumference of a tire,
    i would know excactly how far to move it in the x or z axis.

• MistyMist said:

was just thinkin,
    if i could measure the outer circumference of a tire,
    i would know excactly how far to move it in the x or z axis.

pi 3.14159265359 the ratio to its diameter

pumpkin Pi ala mode?  cheeky  nomms

tee hee heeee

rendering food is a genre unto itself.

i dont do turkey for thanksgiving, i bake a lasagna.  usually buy the fresh frozen lasagna sheets from the italian deli, but the 1 by me closed  

photo of a lasagna doesnt do it justice, needs shaders and 3d!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Of course, many of us don't do Thanksgiving at all, it is an American thing and not all of us are Americans.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    PhilW said:

Of course, many of us don't do Thanksgiving at all, it is an American thing and not all of us are Americans.

I always thought it was the day that we Brits gave thanks for the fact that we  lost the War of Independance.  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Thanks for Giving, Phil!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Because of the success of American broadcasting and entertainment producers, we have probably given the wider world a lot of stuff of questionable value.  But Thanksgiving is a good concept.  Hope it takes firmer root everywhere (and that the Canadians stop celebrating on the wrong day wink​).  By the way, November 24th is my birthday.  So, I will just say this in advance. 

"You are welcome, America."

And rest of the world?  You should appreciate me more and give thanks on this Thursday as well. frown​  Especially the Canadians.  I don't know who y'all gave thanks for back in October.

Thanks Diomede!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    diomede said:

Because of the success of American broadcasting and entertainment producers, we have probably given the wider world a lot of stuff of questionable value.  But Thanksgiving is a good concept.  Hope it takes firmer root everywhere (and that the Canadians stop celebrating on the wrong day wink​).  By the way, November 24th is my birthday.  So, I will just say this in advance. 

And rest of the world?  You should appreciate me more and give thanks on this Thursday as well. frown​  Especially the Canadians.  I don't know who y'all gave thanks for back in October.

What it has given us in the last couple of years is that evil known as Black Friday. Here it has no context other than an excuse for midnight "bargain hunters" to trample each other and achieve infamy on the next day's news.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

And we give thanks to America for that most entertaining of shows over the last few months, The Presidential Election...

PhilW said:

And we give thanks to America for that most entertaining of shows over the last few months, The Presidential Election...

Oh my GOD! What a Horror!

What we have done to have it come to this! 

Ignoring the politics of it for the forum TOS, my condo is not far from where the inauguation ceremony is held and the parade starts.  Expecting huge protests that might interfere with the parade route. Not a good recipe.  Can I visit some UK Carrara-ists during the first few weeks of 2017?  A couch and a blanket is all I need. 

• diomede said:

By the way, November 24th is my birthday.  So, I will just say this in advance. 

That's my sister's birthday too. I don't think she would understand if I wrote "Happy Birthday Diomede" in the card though. wink

Only one way to know for sure. 

MDO2010 said:
    diomede said:

By the way, November 24th is my birthday.  So, I will just say this in advance. 

That's my sister's birthday too. I don't think she would understand if I wrote "Happy Birthday Diomede" in the card though. wink

birthday cake with nixie tube candles? smiley  

nixie tubes are indeed splendid.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    diomede said:

Y'all's just got to get the right date. But Im sure that with your new President he can sort it out.

Yes the evil that is black friday and cyber monday have mosied their way north of the border to us as well.

We get 2 black Friday's one with our thanksgiving and one with yours. but only one cyber Monday.

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

There is an antidote to Black Friday - Buy Nothing Day.  smiley

i watched 5 seasons of andromeda in 3 weekends 

edited November 2016

test test, if i attach animated gif and open in new tab, will it animate ...

fail, no animate in new tab, new window

thinkin chainlink would be kewl dangly earrings

chains_.gif
    400 x 300 - 3M
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • I stick them in my stash on DA, open in new window use link to that

test test, if i attach animated gif and open in new tab, will it animate ...

thinkin chainlink would be kewl dangly earrings

ToeJam said:

I stick them in my stash on DA, open in new window use link to that

is what i usually do, but for a challenge would disqualify entry >.<

particles look bigger closer to the camera,  supposed to be rain drops look like christmas balls.

mebbe 2 particle emitters, the closer one for tinier particles.

• I ordered the first 4 Witcher novels, soon will be reading and imagining Geralt heart

will need you to do Carrara renders to help,

your version, not Gwenbleitz! can be M4

yoo has the same avatar as my old friend toejam  

• MistyMist said:

yoo has the same avatar as my old friend toejam  

I stole it

I love the art - Witcher Rocks!

I installed Witcher I again and started a new adventure. I have almost no time for games, so it gets ignored a lot - but it's a really cool game.

I think 1 and 2 are really cheap at GOG - even thought they come with a LOT of awesome art and other fun stuff beyond just the awesome games.

3 looks really cool, but I don't have that one yet, One day - even if I don't play it. My son has it for PS4 and gave me the soundtrack CD, which is Awesome!

a Witcher3 succubus smiley