virtual penny 4 yor carrara thoughts ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

they got the hair look smiley

seems to have been a renewed interest in J & J over the  holiday weekend.  good to know carrara interest is on-going.

thinkin if a blended weight gensis1 would do anything for genesis memory load.

need to come up with a steamed milk shader for a believable latte. chestnut praline latte

• Mistara said:

seems to have been a renewed interest in J & J over the  holiday weekend.  good to know carrara interest is on-going.

need to come up with a steamed milk shader for a believable latte. chestnut praline latte

That's good news. I use them ALL the time. They had a 50% off sale this weekend. Maybe that helped. 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

wouldn't mind a cuppachino

settle for a flat white cool

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited November 2017

Misty, do you plan to make the alphas for G8 J&J with all those JCMs in their Carrara's right place?

Post edited by Vyusur on

some of those jcms are HD format, different file extention than .dsf

thinking, as an experiment? in DS,
    try exporting the mesh at the subd level needed with jcm morph applied,
    import mesh in as a new morph, saved with .dsf file extention,
    load Stephanie 8 at equivalent subd level in carrara, 
    see if her elbow jcms kick in.

Stezza said:

wouldn't mind a cuppachino

settle for a flat white cool

with biscotti? 

Mistara said:

That's good news. I use them ALL the time. They had a 50% off sale this weekend. Maybe that helped. 

oh, lol, yeah, 50 percent helps laugh

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

My dad makes a really wicked espesso. I love that stuff. He makes me these wonderful Flat Whites, except I take mine with double-shot espresso and the double-shot of the frothed milk (normal Flat White is one shot espresso, two shots frothed milk). I could drink that stuff all day, I think, if it wasn't so much work to make! LOL

My dad makes a really wicked espesso. I love that stuff. He makes me these wonderful Flat Whites, except I take mine with double-shot espresso and the double-shot of the frothed milk (normal Flat White is one shot espresso, two shots frothed milk). I could drink that stuff all day, I think, if it wasn't so much work to make! LOL

mm mmm

put ideas in my head for the weekend. smiley

and home made whip cream for the leftover pumpkin pie.

well, i sent them a message about what i want to do with a microphone

http://www.rode.com/soundbooth

hopefully they can give a recommendation in my budget mail

• MiloMilo Posts: 511

I love how in audacity you find a place thats 4-5 secs where it is just the humm, no speaking noise etc, select it, then do the noise removal to get the sample of what you want to use and then select the entire recording and say remove noise again works so well.

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited November 2017

With noise removal you always loose quality (same with pictures). Noise removal is alyways second best bet, you should optimize your setup/cabling to get "noise free" recordings.

I do my recordings with a SM 57, mostly for instruments, but sometimes for voice as well and I really like it.

In this video I use the SM57 with a pop filter to record the tin whistle:

Post edited by aspin on

Cool recording. Yeah... SM 57 and SM 58 are incredibly popular for good reason. They're excellent microphones and can really take a beating without losing their incredible performance. I've used them both as well as their Beta varieties for a long, long time.

...and you're right. Noise removal always takes something away - so it's always best to avoid having to do it.

Again... great tin whistle playing/recording. Love it!

experiments to try this weekend.

and started witcher 3 from beginning.  lvl 25 back to lvl 1 is a shock.

and a cheesecake to bake, should start baking christmas butter cookies, 

remember when James Hetfield had long hair?  watching those 80s video can still activate a hormone or 2

he's an interesting study for face expressions

Mistara said:

remember when James Hetfield had long hair?  watching those 80s video can still activate a hormone or 2

We were all so young then! LOL

Mistara said:

We were all so young then! LOL

heartheart

heartheart

sigh, borrowed from my mic budget to buy food, wine, and sale content

cant install content without wine.  roscato today ssipps

parched

Me too. Cheers!

Me too. Cheers!

feelin chilled by the weather?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I haven't tried Fireball yet. I love hot cinnamon though!

Yum. Johnny Walker is a nice treat.

I don't drink much, but I do like it from time to time! ;)

oh yeah  ready for those low Fahrenheits.

paradiso by the dashboard light

bummer

my question to Rode, did they have a bi-curious mic both usb and mini pc plug input.

response:

Thanks for contacting us and very sorry to hear about the issue.

Unfortunately we only do either versions of microphone. This is due to the fact that the microphone will do the necessary Analogue to Digital conversion within the microphone while a microphone that outputs via 3.5mm will let the connected device to the A/D conversion instead.

We don't currently have any device that enables this kind of utility.

I would suggest using the NT-USB or Podcaster USB mics and getting a USB hub to add extra inputs for your computer. Either that or you could get an interface to get extra inputs and outputs for normal microphones.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Julian Lennox
    RØDE Microphones

Right. That's good that they do that because making it work for both would cause impedence issues that I don't understand, but reduce (significantly, I guess) the quality of the experience.

Mistara said:

oh yeah  ready for those low Fahrenheits.

paradiso by the dashboard light

Crappy here today and the temperature is plummeting. I should have grabbed some Whiskey last night.

Well Misty,

Since you have Whiskey, go ahead and put on your seatbelt and have a watch at this. I just found it and found it quite... inspirational toward animating. Sad but good story!

This guy is a legend to me. I've never known this much truth about his story before

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Ah, Phil Tippett - a true movie legend. yes