DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,937

ok, thank you

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

It's the second day of the sales and I don't find them disappointing... Cart has 39 items in it for $71.29 at 91% off with Daz+ Annual membership for $14.11 - If I could just go through with checking out (using store credit) I'd be happy

I'm not saying there are no good deals to be had, I'm saying everything that made it the DAZ+ summer sale has gone. It's just buy buy buy, like every other sale.  

Granted this is my first summer sale, so I might be talking out my rear, but it seems like the Daz Deals Extension price graph shows the price dip pretty consistently in late June/early July for the stuff I have my eye on. I know that's just base price, not taking into account stacking/coupon deals and whatnot, but the March sale took a while to work up some steam, too. I figure I'll live in eager anticiption for now... lots of time later for disappointment if it doesn't pan out.

Though agreed, I'm not fond of the required new release buy-in, especially when so few new releases are anything I want/need. Some of them get wishlisted so I can find them again because they're nice and something might come up in the future, but overall I'm just not the target market.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

Just a thought: this year, June 1st fell on the weekend. It's probably the worst time to offer any complex, stacking sales (no staff or skeleton staff to address any issues, and they tend to crop up with stacking), so it's possible that the full-blown Daz+ month sale will really start tomorrow, with perfect 4 weeks lined up, and this weekend was just a prelude, because historically Daz+ month starts on the first.

There's also a question whether the formula will stay the same or not. For example, for long-term users, Build Your Own Bundle is likely not attractive anymore, because of the raised price vs. the amount of DO items they already own, so I wouldn't necessarily expect everything to be like the last year. I still look forward to the month as the previous two years were quite "spendy" for me, meaning the offers were good enough for me to bite. If they're not, there's always another sale, and I have over 2400 items on my wishlist (granted, I don't need all of them, but they are there to tempt me).

As a side note, unless they change things up for the month with daily Daz+ releases or something, the new + releases and monthly/weekly freebies would drop on Tuesday.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

At least the sales make lightning deals more entertaining. A Buck here, a Buck there, an occasional big bundle for a surprisingly low price. It clears a few items off the WL. It's all good.

• I agree with OP. Sale isn't very impressive out of the gate. Nothing in D+FAD, Doorbusters, or Daz+ Deals that I am even mildly interested in. I also noticed the PA categories are extra heavy on the skimpware. Nonetheless, I have found a handful of items I didn't notice before.   

But it's okay as I don't get paid until the end of this week. :/ It will probably get better by the second half as others have observed, when I will have a bit more money. 

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 588

Does anyone know if the 60% membership offer lasts for the next few days? Having to purchase a new item to access the discounts, I would like to wait to see what is offered in the next few days. Some of the proposed items seem very good, but I would prefer to wait to choose something that I need more, at the same time I would not like to miss the opportunity to renew the membership with a 60% discount.

emanuela1 said:

Does anyone know if the 60% membership offer lasts for the next few days? Having to purchase a new item to access the discounts, I would like to wait to see what is offered in the next few days. Some of the proposed items seem very good, but I would prefer to wait to choose something that I need more, at the same time I would not like to miss the opportunity to renew the membership with a 60% discount.

Unless there are clear expiry dates, there are no guarantees. Contrary to regular sales that stay on the page for a couple of days, the Daz+ sale offers are taken down after the day ends. At the time, the same offer for membership appeared both today and yesterday, so make of it what you want: it might last few more days (or a whole month even), and it might not. From my perspective, it all boils down on how much risk you're willing to take/how much do you want that 60% off the membership based on guesses. 

joanna said:

emanuela1 said:

Unless there are clear expiry dates, there are no guarantees. Contrary to regular sales that stay on the page for a couple of days, the Daz+ sale offers are taken down after the day ends. At the time, the same offer for membership appeared both today and yesterday, so make of it what you want: it might last few more days (or a whole month even), and it might not. From my perspective, it all boils down on how much risk you're willing to take/how much do you want that 60% off the membership based on guesses. 

Another factor: the ability to purchase the membership eith store credit has been broken all weekend, so even if they had been planning to end it tomorrow, they MIGHT extend it because of that. But again, no guarantees.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 588

Thank you Elorjoanna and SilverGirl.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

The membership offer is still available, but now it's $19.60 instead of $14.11... sad

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,914

PerttiA said:

The membership offer is still available, but now it's $19.60 instead of $14.11... sad

Doesn't look like the base price has changed, it was $28 yesterday for me, with a debut/still new release, and still is.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    PerttiA said:

It'd be nice if Daz drops one of those coupons for 20% or 30% off three items this afternoon - that'd bring the price roughly in line with what was offered this weekend when customers couldn't check out with store credit.

Of course that's assuming they actually fix the problem today. And that such a coupon doesn't exclude Daz+ memberships.
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,345

Taoz said:

Doesn't look like the base price has changed, it was $28 yesterday for me, with a debut/still new release, and still is.

Buying UltraScenery 2 granted a store wide 20% discount, which ended a couple of hours ago.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,442

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

It's the second day of the sales and I don't find them disappointing... Cart has 39 items in it for $71.29 at 91% off with Daz+ Annual membership for $14.11 - If I could just go through with checking out (using store credit) I'd be happy

I'm not saying there are no good deals to be had, I'm saying everything that made it the DAZ+ summer sale has gone. It's just buy buy buy, like every other sale.  

Yes, that's my impression too. A somewhat loveless sale. No really brilliant, entertaining ideas, all good promotions of the previous Daz+ Summer Sales cancelled, except for Daz+ For A Day, which also (for my personal taste) does not contain many interesting things. But maybe I just have too many items.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,352

caravelle said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Yes, that's my impression too. A somewhat loveless sale. No really brilliant, entertaining ideas, all good promotions of the previous Daz+ Summer Sales cancelled, except for Daz+ For A Day, which also (for my personal taste) does not contain many interesting things. But maybe I just have too many items.

I miss the times when they it was 1.99 each for D+FAD, not 4.99 (or 3.99 with a buy in). I would often pick up stuff that I did not really need (eg yet more characters) but I still liked the quality of. Most days during the sales I would pick up 3-5 items, and although they were cheap, it would still slowly drain my store credit. Looking through them was the highlight of the shopping day, but now I barely look at them. A lot of the older stuff I passed on at 1.99, so I am unlikely to jump on them at 4.99.

• Not quite as advertised ...

The listing for the Extra 30% Daz Originals includes a Gift Card (and an Inactive product!), needless to say you don't get 30% the Gift Card ... just as dissapointing as the rest of this Summer's Sale.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 105626.png
    458 x 657 - 349K
    Screenshot 2024-06-03 105801.png
    1919 x 912 - 1M

paolo_35229750 said:

Not quite as advertised ...

The listing for the Extra 30% Daz Originals includes a Gift Card (and an Inactive product!), needless to say you don't get 30% the Gift Card ... just as dissapointing as the rest of this Summer's Sale.

The gift card is not DO 

I think there will be some additional offers when they get to work at Daz or latest at noon. Two active promotions is not much.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 144

I'll be honest $4.99, not a very tempting flate price offer, only a few select items that I really wanted are going to end up being bought at best.

At $2.99 it's much easier to spend more by simply thinking 'i might use that' 

• Ghost_3738321Ghost_3738321 Posts: 103

I wanted to wait till today before saying anything, and no surprise there's not much to saylaugh 

This entire year most - I want to say 99% of the deals - have been heavily dependant on ransom, I mean buy-ins. So now we can get the buy-ins without actually unlocking any deals, that's progress. We have a door buster that doesn't bust any doors - And I do believe that is the result of feedback, the sales feedback. If buy-ins are okay, than have some more of them. I'm not surprised one bit.

5$ grab a bag/Daz+ for a day, yeah that sadly seems to be the new standard, so I wasn't expecting return of 2$ deals there.

+ Category is probably the saddest - 8 items 50% off, ugh.

I was a lil hopeful for the last category as "Back Catalog"/"Legacy" segments in previous sales seen some gen8 items, but I don't see any great deals there.

Maybe, if the sales will be low enough the second half of the month will course correct, but who knows. The beggining of the Summer Sale is rough, it started with a bang, just not the right kind of a bang.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,345

There is a new Daz+ item today (I didn't see it initially, only learned about it while reading the mail send by Daz):

https://www.daz3d.com/ah-dforce-hot-kimono-outfit-for-genesis-9

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,463

A DAZ+ item has quietly slipped into the Debut New offerings.

• PerttiA said:

paolo_35229750 said:

Not quite as advertised ...

The gift card is not DO 

Then it shouldn't be listed in the page for the "Show Now" link on the "extra 30% off Daz Originals" Promo nor should it be on the DA3D.com Daz Originals Page

NorthOf45 said:

A DAZ+ item has quietly slipped into the Debut New offerings.

Good catch! Thank you for sharing it.

Ghost said:

The beggining of the Summer Sale is rough, it started with a bang, just not the right kind of a bang.

While I agree that the opening "bang" of the sale feels lackluster, at the same time, I catch myself thinking: without tempting offers, I'll have more money tomorrow (or the day after, or the day after after...) to spend on things I might really want.

But in general, the lack of stacking offers, even ones with buy-ins (like the ones we've seen on the Chinese New Year for example: they were insanely good and made me spend much more than I'd planned), with everything being a fixed discount or coupon nowadays is likely what makes this offer less attractive in comparison. At the same time, with times changing, everything getting more expensive, people cutting their expenses etc. I'm not surprised the offers need to be more... balanced.

I spent ~$2.50 on content last month. I didn't plan that - The sales didn't appeal to me. I did pump up my store credit a little because I thought this sale would be exciting. So far, disappointed. I guess it's ok. I wouldn't want to spend everything on Day 1, anyway.

PerttiA said:

I think there will be some additional offers when they get to work at Daz or latest at noon. Two active promotions is not much.

This was my thought as well... apparently not. Weird. Not often it gets down to two and stays there. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

SilverGirl said:

PerttiA said:

This was my thought as well... apparently not. Weird. Not often it gets down to two and stays there. 

Probably because the DAZ+ sale may be as much sale as DAZ wants.

Charlie Judge said:

Probably because the DAZ+ sale may be as much sale as DAZ wants.

Well all right then! My store credit lives on. >_>

Maybe a flash sale after we have gone to bed on this side of the pond...