DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

Torquinox said:

Charlie Judge said:

Probably because the DAZ+ sale may be as much sale as DAZ wants.

Well all right then! My store credit lives on. >_>

Yeah... If they haven't fixed the problem with paying for the membership with store credit, I get to save 100% too. 

• Ghost_3738321Ghost_3738321 Posts: 103

joanna said:

Ghost said:

The beggining of the Summer Sale is rough, it started with a bang, just not the right kind of a bang.

While I agree that the opening "bang" of the sale feels lackluster, at the same time, I catch myself thinking: without tempting offers, I'll have more money tomorrow (or the day after, or the day after after...) to spend on things I might really want.

But in general, the lack of stacking offers, even ones with buy-ins (like the ones we've seen on the Chinese New Year for example: they were insanely good and made me spend much more than I'd planned), with everything being a fixed discount or coupon nowadays is likely what makes this offer less attractive in comparison. At the same time, with times changing, everything getting more expensive, people cutting their expenses etc. I'm not surprised the offers need to be more... balanced.

I mean... yeah if I don't spend money they stay in my pocket, that's how it workslaugh

Stacking offers or not stacking is one thing, the general lack of offers is another. It seems like nothing was really prepared - so far at least. Last year kicked off with +packs, 5$ item of the day which included 2 pro bundles and relativly recent HH items, byob (yes, worse than years before, but still),etc.

Digital goods don't have the same production costs as physical goods, you can sell the same digital item infinite number of times without the need to produce it again. The only time digital goods are not bringing profits is when they're not selling. 
    Maybe selling less for more is actually generating more profits for DAZ, idk.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680
    edited June 4

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I agree with OP. Sale isn't very impressive out of the gate. Nothing in D+FAD, Doorbusters, or Daz+ Deals that I am even mildly interested in. I also noticed the PA categories are extra heavy on the skimpware. Nonetheless, I have found a handful of items I didn't notice before.   

Ditto.

Dear DAZ:

I am am having one heck of a time spending the gift card I bought on April 8th. Typically I spend that amount a day aand on worst days - a week. Daz was once exciting. It was tought  tough to keep your wallet closed. Now I am buying stuff, I really don't want, just to use up the credit before my DAZ+ expires in mid-June. Sure I had tha DAZ + in the cart for $19.00 dollars but it's a no go for me. There was a time I paid full price for a membership because it was a no brainer, but DAZ today isn't the irrestible DAZ that shimmered. Seriously, whoever is in charge of marketing or asset management . . .  fire them.

Edit: I am not bragging, I am just trying to send a message to the powers that be. I typically spent this amount monthly for years. Now I cant spent a $248.00 gift card in two months? Something is wrong when a buyer has money but there is nothing worth buying.  So instead I built a $7000.00 dollar aviary and spent 8K on a palapa roof for it. But there's more mney on the table and you guys at DAZ are leaving it there. The point is this has nothing to do with paydays, or the wrong sale at the wrong time. Your sales and new releases are not cutting it. I could call out who you hired and when this happened but you guys are smart. I hope you are smart enought to revisit what worked, because someone ther has really f*&k^!d that up.

Page164.JPG
    1436 x 106 - 22K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited June 4

Elor said:

There is a new Daz+ item today (I didn't see it initially, only learned about it while reading the mail send by Daz):

https://www.daz3d.com/ah-dforce-hot-kimono-outfit-for-genesis-9

...G9 and "sexy", I'll pass.  Just not  Bigfoot's style.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,974

kyoto kid said:

Don't get me wrong, I do have it wishlisted, but the "kimonos are just sexy bathrobes" trend is pretty frustrating.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

kyoto kid said:

Elor said:

There is a new Daz+ item today (I didn't see it initially, only learned about it while reading the mail send by Daz):

https://www.daz3d.com/ah-dforce-hot-kimono-outfit-for-genesis-9

Okay, now I kinda want to see Bigfoot in a sexy kimono.

The item itself made me cringe, but I might get it anyway to trigger the membership if a stacking discount drops, just because it's the cheapest option. Maybe I could retexture the fan and use it for something.

Only one promotion remaining... surprise

edited June 4

SilverGirl said:

Okay, now I kinda want to see Bigfoot in a sexy kimono.

The item itself made me cringe, but I might get it anyway to trigger the membership if a stacking discount drops, just because it's the cheapest option. Maybe I could retexture the fan and use it for something.

...yeah being on a tight budget, it is difficult to waste money on something I won't use even if it is to unlock a discount. I don't have an interest in any of the G9 "human" characters, the only ones I have or that interest me are the creatures based off of it like those by RawArt and others.  For Human based characters, I'm content to stay with G3 and G8 as I have a huge library of content (including merchant resource and morph/shaping resources) for both.  

In the past the discount for an annual membership during these sales was 50% without a Debut Release "buy in".

So the "Hot Kimono" texture add on is the only new Daz+ item for today?  That is pretty lame.  The other two Daz+ releases are the monthly and weekly freebies and those can't be used to unlock discounts.  Usually there are two Daz+ items released on both Tuesday and Friday. 

Looks like no annual membership this sale as I'm not buying something I have no use for.

...and bugger I could have scored a lot of tokens today buying a discounted membership.

line break.jpg
    700 x 3 - 1K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    edited June 4
    PerttiA said:

And a bad one at that... There's an item that I'd like to buy, and I was trying to make a halfway decent cart around it, but the prices are just so much worse during this sale than usual. Emptied the cart and will check back later today to see if there are any new coupons, flash sales, or lightning deals.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on

doubledeviant said:

PerttiA said:

And a bad one at that... There's an item that I'd like to buy, and I was trying to make a halfway decent cart around it, but the prices are just so much worse during this sale than usual. Emptied the cart and will check back later today to see if there are any new coupons, flash sales, or lightning deals.

Yeah... At least my tokens are now good until the end of Saturday, so no 'need' to buy anything before that. 

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

I thought the Door Busterers were new items - I have already purchased todays one...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,562
    edited June 4

3Ddreamer said:

I thought the Door Busterers were new items - I have already purchased todays one...

I think they were all old items so far.

Post edited by Leana on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

Previous big sales, door busters have been new items. This does not feel like a big sale, though. 

Torquinox said:

Previous big sales, door busters have been new items. This does not feel like a big sale, though. 

And buying the door buster triggered additional discounts or benefits. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

Well thats a bummer, I have tokens going bye bye today and the day is an absolute dud. I even happen to already own the "Doorboster"

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914
    edited June 4

yeah, this sale is flat out boring and not good. i did buy a couple things yesterday, why I'm not sure, other than the low price did grab me. RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 for $4 was a no brainer for me. It was in my WL.. Bought kimono for cheap so with both still low ball price. 

Post edited by daveso on
    edited June 4

lack of stack  no

Post edited by daveso on

daveso said:

yeah, this sale is flat out boring and not good. i did buy a couple things yesterday, why I'm not sure, other than the low price did grab me. RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 for $4 was a no brainer for me. It was in my WL.. Bought kimono for cheap so with both still low ball price. 

I missed that converter. It would also have made the kimono functional for me. Ah well, next time. wink

PerttiA said:

Good point!

Torquinox said:

PerttiA said:

Good point!

does buying the door buster add any value today? I'm not seeing any, other than its price at $1.99, but not liking that style really, but if there is a price advantage somewhere I'll pick it up.  

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

The sale as it is right now is a joke. But not a good one.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,837

This sale is worse than regular daily sales. I wanted to make purchases to take advantage of double tokens today but there's nothing I want with a discount that's worth it. May sales were better. I used to spend a lot on the $1.99 Daz+ for a day items, scooping up a big cart full, thinking I may need this "some day." I purchased loads of products I never would have paid more for. But so far at $3.99/4.99, there is nothing I'm interested in purchasing, although if the prices went down to $1.99, I would have spent quite a bit.  I guess the price increase is working for Daz, but it's saving me a lot of money by not buying.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 398

I'm guessing the 36% off credit last week was a mistake and this is a course correction, because these aren't sale prices. They're what you'd expect content to cost if they didn't do the "inflate base price, draw in with 90% off offers" thing.

• Wonderland said:

This sale is worse than regular daily sales. I wanted to make purchases to take advantage of double tokens today but there's nothing I want with a discount that's worth it. May sales were better. I used to spend a lot on the $1.99 Daz+ for a day items, scooping up a big cart full, thinking I may need this "some day." I purchased loads of products I never would have paid more for. But so far at $3.99/4.99, there is nothing I'm interested in purchasing, although if the prices went down to $1.99, I would have spent quite a bit.  I guess the price increase is working for Daz, but it's saving me a lot of money by not buying.

There are hardly any < $2 items I want. However, as I posted a couple days ago, I did pick up a few pose sets in the $1+ to $3+ range. These were for fantasy creatures & specific animal breed morphs I already own like G2M Minotaur, G8M Yeti HD, Dire Wolf for Dog 8. They are worth it since will save me a bit of time on posing.

...however, because the Door Buster is not a "Debut" or "Still New" release, it doesn't unlock the annual membership discount. 

Well we have most of the month just disappointed that I  can't cash in big on double Token day (then again it's only 30% for 8 tokens on non DazziOs).. 

Hopefully for Friday there will be something more interesting and useful in the Daz+ releases.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Today's "more daz+ deals" = "screw you if you don't like robots"

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

I have to say, anyone who was ever complaining about complex and stacking Daz offers, should be delighted with this sale.

I come in, check new releases. Nothing of interest to me? Good, this makes things extremely simple:

First, Daz+ for a Day category, just wishlisted items, because at $4.99 I'm not willing to buy anything that's not wishlisted, and even then I'm passing many of them. Door Buster? Just another D+faD, because even with the buy in, it's just a dollar extra off in comparison to regular D+faD items. Quick peek at the extra discounts for Daz+ items (mostly because I own a lot of what I want), aaaaand... done. Out of the store page in under 15 minutes.

Normally, I'd spent time picking and choosing items, because at $1.99-2.99 I was willing to get things that I simply liked or thought I might need in the future. At $4.99, as I said, it's just a few, if any, items from the wishlist. Same for any stacking discounts, juggling the cart, and so on. With this month's sale, I'm definitely saving not only money, but also time.

I'm not complaining. It's only 5th of June, and the sale might pick up, shift, or... there's always another sale. It just feels different to the mad rush and excitement of the previous two years, and even some of the previous monthly sales.

joanna said:

I have to say, anyone who was ever complaining about complex and stacking Daz offers, should be delighted with this sale.

Yeah, nothing to stack = No fun, too expensive, no sale.

I have until end of Saturday before my tokens expire, lets see if this gets any better. 

joanna said:

Why? Simplicity would be great, yet the deals are so disappointing. See: The rest of your post, the rest of this thread.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

Yeah, nothing to stack = No fun, too expensive, no sale.

I have until end of Saturday before my tokens expire, lets see if this gets any better. 

I let 9 tokens expire last night at midnight - there's just nothing I need/want at the prices.