DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

Comments

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    I might have bought quite a lot yesterday and today if Daz weren't requiring the purchase of migrated (DZheng) items to get the best discount. The new releases have been good, and some of the additional deals interesting. But I don't want the required items - in part because they don't strike my fancy, and in part because the issue regarding additional licenses for migrated items isn't being addressed.

And if that banner sticks around tomorrow, Daz will likely lose a third cart: Thursday is usually bundle day, and 20% off bundle prices is significant. These "Welcome" sales shouldn't be mixed into the Daz+ sale, imo. The sale is already diluted enough and barely recognizable.
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,368
    edited June 12

Every day so far, I put and item or two in the cart, and then pretty much forgot to check out on most of the days, because that's how unexcited I was about getting them. At 4.99, in many cases it feels like it makes more sense to just wait for some better stacking discounts (or at least a similar discount, but one where you can apply Daz coupons or tokens). It just doesn't feel any more attractive than the regular store fast grab. With a new release, the offer would be slightly better, but only for bulk-buying (since it only takes a dollar off the grabs) and that's assuming that there's something exciting enough to serve for as a rather high buy-in.

Oh well. I guess I'm just surprised. I thought this would be the sale where I would be tempted non-stop and actually trim my carts down to not spend a month's budget on a single day. Instead, for the first two weeks I'd spent what last year I spent in a day or two.

Edited to add:

Any positive sale stories? Just because it isn't work for me doesn't mean others aren't having a great time. Maybe someone cleared out their wishlist? Got a hardly-ever-discounted item they were waiting for? Anything?

Post edited by joanna on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

joanna said:

Every day so far, I put and item or two in the cart, and then pretty much forgot to check out on most of the days, because that's how unexcited I was about getting them. At 4.99, in many cases it feels like it makes more sense to just wait for some better stacking discounts (or at least a similar discount, but one where you can apply Daz coupons or tokens). It just doesn't feel any more attractive than the regular store fast grab. With a new release, the offer would be slightly better, but only for bulk-buying (since it only takes a dollar off the grabs) and that's assuming that there's something exciting enough to serve for as a rather high buy-in.

Oh well. I guess I'm just surprised. I thought this would be the sale where I would be tempted non-stop and actually trim my carts down to not spend a month's budget on a single day. Instead, for the first two weeks I'd spent what last year I spent in a day or two.

Edited to add:

Any positive sale stories? Just because it isn't work for me doesn't mean others aren't having a great time. Maybe someone cleared out their wishlist? Got a hardly-ever-discounted item they were waiting for? Anything?

On the whole, really not my kind of sale either, and I absolutely hate that all the special DAZ+ sale elements have been taken away. I'm quite happy with some of the new releases of the last few days though, especially the rabbits, or today the fun doll's hair. The DAZ+FAD are not very tempting, they rarely make any sense moneywise. The rollercoaster today might be different, cause a) it's 86% off with a new release I really want, and b) I really really like it. But these are tiny sparkly moments in a rather dull sea so far ...

Maybe they will multiply slowly though? One never knows. I'm disappointed, but still willing to join back in should the fun begin (again).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

I've bought something most days, and a scattering of Daz+ for a day items 9plus at least one Doorbuster).

• Wonderland said:

If it wasn't for all the Rendo products transferred here, I wouldn't have really purchased anything this whole sale. Luckily I do like many of the imports, all the women's fashion... If only I had all the clothes and shoes/boots my characters do! Maybe I could afford them if I spent less here lol. 

Ha! I'd agree, except that even my local thrift store charges way too much for used items like jeans and dress shirts these days... I don't even want to step foot inside a mall to see what the retailers want for the same stuff. At least with Daz I can get a whole outfit for under twenty bucks, and I don't even have to ever put it through the laundry.

I guess I just need to digitize myself and move into Moderno Casa or something similar...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

I've picked up a few WL items that were in DAZ+FAD ... I bought one at $4.99 without buying anything else as its never been even that low, so why buy something that doesn't give any return value, additonal 20% off or not. 
    I went nuts yesterday and picked up a few items that gove me 8 tokens, now today, in combo with the 3 discounted WL item and the 45% off from tokens, i can get a few items off at 84-92% off. 

edited June 12

I want to add that I'm now seeing some really nice discounts emerging, especially with DOs. I got the relatively new Spirit Forest Bundle for under 3 dollars with the Dzheng 20%, wishlist discount and DAZ+ coupon (but that was distributed among a few things). And again, I'm much liking some of the new things on offer, so that's a very positive thing!

Edit: sorry, forgot I also used 4 tokens. Also, for those who haven't seen it yet: check out the cool rollercoaster in DAZ+FAD guys, with carts and poses and all! I think it's amazing. Here: https://www.daz3d.com/roller-coaster-for-daz-studio.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

tsroemi said:

Edit: sorry, forgot I also used 4 tokens. Also, for those who haven't seen it yet: check out the cool rollercoaster in DAZ+FAD guys, with carts and poses and all! I think it's amazing. Here: https://www.daz3d.com/roller-coaster-for-daz-studio.

Thanks for the call-out! I wishlisted a couple things by that PA when they joined, but somehow I missed that one. (Now I'm hoping their Secretary clothing & office set goes DAZ+FAD... I don't care about the clothes or poses, but a sturdy desk with drawers that open, a bunch of office supplies, and a good-looking rotary phone? YES PLEASE!)

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680

doubledeviant said:

I might have bought quite a lot yesterday and today if Daz weren't requiring the purchase of migrated (DZheng) items to get the best discount. The new releases have been good, and some of the additional deals interesting. But I don't want the required items - in part because they don't strike my fancy, and in part because the issue regarding additional licenses for migrated items isn't being addressed.

And if that banner sticks around tomorrow, Daz will likely lose a third cart: Thursday is usually bundle day, and 20% off bundle prices is significant. These "Welcome" sales shouldn't be mixed into the Daz+ sale, imo. The sale is already diluted enough and barely recognizable.

DAZ offers everything on a commercial basis. If the license differs they set it to editorial. At least that's what I read in the lastest EULA. I buy based on those terms.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

ArtAngel said:

doubledeviant said:

DAZ offers everything on a commercial basis. If the license differs they set it to editorial. At least that's what I read in the lastest EULA. I buy based on those terms.

@doubledeviant is talking about additional licenses such as 3d print and interactive

• I bought a $40 cart on Tuesday, a mixture of really old Daz+ items at the sort of prices you get during the good sales and 7 or 8 Lully dresses. It was the dresses that did it for me. They had a decent % discount on them - not wildly high, but Lully's products are so fairly priced that the dresses came in at what I though were excellent prices. The cart was around 25 items, I think, which is not bad at all for $40.

No tokens, I used my PA voucher, bought some DZheng footwear for the 20% off and I two new releases in there too - the short gloves and the mud houses, both of which I wanted. I think there was a wishlist deal too, and everything was from my wishlist.

Some of the new releases have been excellent and are wishlisted, but the other sale items haves been a combination of too high prices and not enough discount to bring prices down to what I'd pay. Little incentive for me to build a cart around the new releases, unfortunately. Plus I think the DO Thursday bundles have been underwhelming/nothing new.

We're almost to the halfway point. Sale is still a total bust from my perspective.

edited June 13

must look a bit past what I started here. There have been some decent sales overall...once I got my 8 tokens ... check this out. 

6-13 sales.jpg
    917 x 1003 - 494K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

Monday was good (31 items for $40 at 93% off with 8 tokens),
    Tuesday was not quite as good (21 items for $30 at 92% off with 6 tokens).
    I don't buy anything on Wednesdays because the earned tokens are only valid until end of Monday.
    Today is not bad (cart  with 3 new items and 5 older ones for $14 at 91% off with 1 token), but I think I let it sit until tomorrow.

@daveso As you yourself have said, even if you can get a good deal, you have to want the items on offer.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

If an item I am actually interested comes up then with 8 tokens and Dzheng discount you can fish something out in the 70% off Artist section. Problem is all of those have to align.

Doorbusters so far has not even scratched my door, eitehr DoNotWant or AlreadyHave.

The 4.99 section is a a no no.

Daz+ items have actual great discounts but the pool is very small and also hit or miss.

Discounted Memebership was nice but that had some issues at launch.

Hoping for more artists coming up than just DZHeng

Torquinox said:

We're almost to the halfway point. Sale is still a total bust from my perspective.

March Madness was the same until the 16th for me. We'll see if history repeats. If not... October, hopefully?  

SilverGirl said:

March Madness was the same until the 16th for me. We'll see if history repeats. If not... October, hopefully?  

Totally agree! 

Torquinox said:

@daveso As you yourself have said, even if you can get a good deal, you have to want the items on offer.

Yes indeed. This batch right up my alley.

PerttiA said:

I don't buy anything on Wednesdays because the earned tokens are only valid until end of Monday.
    Today is not bad (cart  with 3 new items and 5 older ones for $14 at 91% off with 1 token), but I think I let it sit until tomorrow.

Just out of amazed curiosity, how many items would you say you buy in a typical DAZ week, on average? I totally understand if you don't want to share this. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,937

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Just out of amazed curiosity, how many items would you say you buy in a typical DAZ week, on average? I totally understand if you don't want to share this. 

Probably more than anyone, lol. Usually the first one to find the problems, thank god cause they are caught quick.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Probably more than anyone, lol. Usually the first one to find the problems, thank god cause they are caught quick.

I think cybersox holds the record for owning the most items overall. 

Charlie Judge said:

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

I mean, it's not that I'm in any way moderate myself ... or even reasonable ... when it comes to buying shiny new things ... blush Over 200 product pages give terrible testimony. Much of it owed of course to the lovely days of BYOB and free anniversary bundles ...  

• tsroemi said:

Charlie Judge said:

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

I mean, it's not that I'm in any way moderate myself ... or even reasonable ... when it comes to buying shiny new things ... blush Over 200 product pages give terrible testimony. Much of it owed of course to the lovely days of BYOB and free anniversary bundles ...  

I know PerttiA has me beat, and I'm at 243 product pages, just past my third anniversary of showing up here in Dazland. Also blush 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

paulawp (marahzen) said:

tsroemi said:

Charlie Judge said:

frank0314 said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

I know PerttiA has me beat, and I'm at 243 product pages, just past my third anniversary of showing up here in Dazland. Also blush 

As of 31 May Cybersox had 1,106 pages:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8740331/#Comment_8740331

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

This year I have added 60 pages to my product library, so about 100 items per week blush

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

This year I have added 60 pages to my product library, so about 100 items per week blush

Wow, so I guessed about right! You lucky thing you! No wonder you always know the best deals ;-) 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,442

Really a nice Daz+ Sale Friday - without any new Daz+ model. I am starting to regret that my membership will last for almost two more years. Or did I miss something?

caravelle said:

Really a nice Daz+ Sale Friday - without any new Daz+ model. I am starting to regret that my membership will last for almost two more years. Or did I miss something?

Not seeing anything either. But this is probably much, much BETTER for us, as I was told in one of the DAZ+ threads. Ah, let's maybe just not mind. At the cheap membership prices that we saw last, even the coupons alone are worth it, and so let's just maybe take everything else in stride ... wink

tsroemi said:

caravelle said:

Not seeing anything either. But this is probably much, much BETTER for us, as I was told in one of the DAZ+ threads. Ah, let's maybe just not mind. At the cheap membership prices that we saw last, even the coupons alone are worth it, and so let's just maybe take everything else in stride ... wink

Eh... the new Daz+ stuff is so rarely anything I can use, so I'm having trouble caring about that. I'm in it for the coupons and other discounts, mostly (and some older Daz+ items I'm waiting to price drop)

Was hoping today would kick off good discounts for the second half of the month... looks like everything I passed on is back on sale so I can pass on it a second time. Ah well. I'm saved on wondering if I should buy or hold off for a better price.