DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

Comments

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    edited June 14
    DZheng banner gone... but replaced with VanishingPoint banner...

How about discounts tied to number of actual new releases in cart instead of items migrated from another store?

I'm not going to be spending much over the Daz+ sale if this continues. I'll probably use my current tokens for a very small cart - Sue Yee's newest item - and not bother accumulating new tokens next week. The 'Welcome Series' needs to be its own thing and not forced into the Daz+ sale.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

I agree, welcome series should be its own thing

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

I can find something in both things actually - I think the more new items you buy, the more discount you should definitely get. But I also like the discount I get via the Welcome series. Without that, I wouldn't have bought anything for the whole last week I guess. So why not both? The sale certainly needs any kind of spicing up that it can get!

edited June 14

@tsroemi I guess I'm going to do get something from VP's sale, too. Still, I find the best carts fit naturally. If I feel like I'm forcing the pieces to fit together, I know it's time to let it go and wait for another day. That happens a lot, and mostly this sale has been like that. I admit, the $10 survey reward I received coupled with sale items gave me a genuine "Thanks Daz" moment. Otherwise, the sale itself has not really resembled Daz+ sales of the past. No BYOB, no special bundles, and so on.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Torquinox said:

@tsroemi I guess I'm going to do get something from VP's sale, too. Still, I find the best carts fit naturally. If I feel like I'm forcing the pieces to fit together, I know it's time to let it go and wait for another day. That happens a lot, and mostly this sale has been like that. I admit, the $10 survey reward I received coupled with sale items gave me a genuine "Thanks Daz" moment. Otherwise, the sale itself has not really resembled Daz+ sales of the past. No BYOB, no special bundles, and so on.

I'm so hearing you. It's the BYOBs that I miss the most I think, even though after having bought tons of stuff with them there was hardly anything left. But it was such a nice and relaxing thing to do, sifting through old stuff for hidden gems that suddenly sparkled at you, and no worries at all because everything was really cheap. I guess this kind of incidental store poetry was just lost on the good folks in marketing ...

Anyway, hoping for some well-fitted carts for you in the next days, and me as well. Maybe they will put a more interesting spin on the sale next week, one never knows. But even if they don't - I've found something fun to do, although it's a bit unconventional, I don't mind telling you: rendering things I bought ... laugh

tsroemi said:

I'm so hearing you. It's the BYOBs that I miss the most I think, even though after having bought tons of stuff with them there was hardly anything left. But it was such a nice and relaxing thing to do, sifting through old stuff for hidden gems that suddenly sparkled at you, and no worries at all because everything was really cheap. I guess this kind of incidental store poetry was just lost on the good folks in marketing ...

Anyway, hoping for some well-fitted carts for you in the next days, and me as well. Maybe they will put a more interesting spin on the sale next week, one never knows. But even if they don't - I've found something fun to do, although it's a bit unconventional, I don't mind telling you: rendering things I bought ... laugh

Agreed!

Thank you so much! I hope the same for you. We shall see. And your something fun to do is a wonderful thing to do! enlightened

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,680

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

PerttiA said:

Monday was good (31 items for $40 at 93% off with 8 tokens),
    Tuesday was not quite as good (21 items for $30 at 92% off with 6 tokens).
    I don't buy anything on Wednesdays because the earned tokens are only valid until end of Monday.
    Today is not bad (cart  with 3 new items and 5 older ones for $14 at 91% off with 1 token), but I think I let it sit until tomorrow.

Just out of amazed curiosity, how many items would you say you buy in a typical DAZ week, on average? I totally understand if you don't want to share this. 

This year I have added 60 pages to my product library, so about 100 items per week blush

I think the pages reflect orders. One order can be 1 product or a bunch of products. Some products are a bundle with a bunch of items which counts as one item on the order. For example I paid 1364.74 in 2017 for 358 products regularly priced at $5841.19 (see attached page 164). In 2018 I paid 1407.33 for an order which consisted of 2 items, a 1400.00 gift card and a 7.33 pose product. In 2024-02 I paid 192.02 for 64 items. At times i have 137 items in a cart other times I may have one or a handful. No set pattern here. If I like it I buy it if I don't I won't. All good things must come to an end. RIP those  days when the bundles had so many unique items and the GC limit was not $500.00.

2017 Page 164.JPG
    524 x 678 - 39K
    2018 GC1.JPG
    1232 x 30 - 12K
    2018 GC2.JPG
    1692 x 127 - 40K
    2024-02-10.JPG
    1274 x 40 - 14K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

...no new Daz+ item for Friday (apparently there was one on Thursday but pretty useless as it's G9 based),

The part about these Kvetchup sales I dislike is they raise the prices on certain categories (like the D+FAD items which are now are 5.99$).

Okay, well I guess that's the weekend sorted ... just catch up, nothing interesting changing ... Already did all catching up yesterday, so no buys for the next couple days I guess. Weird, weird strategy. But well, I now got balloons to go play with! yes
    Maybe this is DAZ's overall tactic, I'm just thinking - to make us all render more and buy less??? angel

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 144

If i thought that Daz+ For a Day was too expensive at $4.99 per item, I'm not going to be tempted in with them now at $5.99

As said before, if they were $2.99 or less i'd be spending much more on things I was on the fence about, with the current price point, I have to be 90% sure i'll use something to even consider putting it in the cart.

Let alone actually buying. 

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 440

tsroemi said:

Okay, well I guess that's the weekend sorted ... just catch up, nothing interesting changing ... Already did all catching up yesterday, so no buys for the next couple days I guess. Weird, weird strategy. But well, I now got balloons to go play with! yes
    Maybe this is DAZ's overall tactic, I'm just thinking - to make us all render more and buy less??? angel

Thank you for pointing out those balloons btw, I didn't see them until you mentioned them and then they just sort of floated into yesterday's cart.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

theflarf said:

As said before, if they were $2.99 or less i'd be spending much more on things I was on the fence about, with the current price point, I have to be 90% sure i'll use something to even consider putting it in the cart.

And also quite certain they wouldn't be cheaper later.

It's kind of sad... I'd been saving up with the anticipation of getting to blow a bunch this month on good sales. If they'd had a bunch of attractive stuff at the prices everyone keeps talking about, I'm sure I would have. 

Super hoping October isn't like this too.

Pax Asteriae said:

tsroemi said:

Thank you for pointing out those balloons btw, I didn't see them until you mentioned them and then they just sort of floated into yesterday's cart.

Glad it was useful, they did the floaty thing with my cart, too!  wink

tsroemi said:

Balloons?

edited June 15

Torquinox said:

tsroemi said:

Balloons?

https://www.daz3d.com/cgi-deco-balloons

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

SilverGirl said:

Torquinox said:

Balloons?

Ah! Thanks :) They're decorative.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,368

theflarf said:

If i thought that Daz+ For a Day was too expensive at $4.99 per item, I'm not going to be tempted in with them now at $5.99

Yeah, I never understood the "since you haven't decided to buy it at an earlier, lower price, now you can buy it for more!" of the DfaD and similar offers. If the offer was still $4.99/$3.99, I might have been tempted at buying them in bulk with just one cheap buy in. But I'd need that buy in to bring them down to the price at which I already decided not to buy them. That, along with DfaD not stacking with anything else, makes it an extremely unattractive offer.

On the positive side, for those who didn't notice, many (all? not sure) pro and starter bundles from the last months are on sale as well (scroll down to the bottom of the sales page). If you get a $1-2 item from Vanishing Point's offer, you'll get an extra 20% which combined with any coupons/tokens you have might make some bundles worth it for you.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356
    edited June 15

Best thing about Vanishing Point, is that his cheapest item is $1.50 to trigger the discount :D

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • Ghost_3738321Ghost_3738321 Posts: 103

joanna said:

theflarf said:

Yeah, I never understood the "since you haven't decided to buy it at an earlier, lower price, now you can buy it for more!" of the DfaD and similar offers. If the offer was still $4.99/$3.99, I might have been tempted at buying them in bulk with just one cheap buy in. But I'd need that buy in to bring them down to the price at which I already decided not to buy them. That, along with DfaD not stacking with anything else, makes it an extremely unattractive offer.

Its meant to generate a type of FOMO for future offers -  "If you pass on it now, you might still be able to get it, but it'll cost more."
    I want to say the max price point for this offer is 3$, but on the other hand since the 5/6$ is the new standard it must be working for some customers, right?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

Today isn't bad, 67 items in the cart, 9 debut new/still new for $80.44 at 94% off (with 8 tokens)

The older items are mostly DO from the Artist Stores

@perttia it's probably rude to ask. I can't help it. Please don't be offended. I'm curious. You buy a lot of stuff - vast quantities, from what I can tell. Are you actually using and/or rendering it? Because I try to use all I've bought and it's overwhelming. And I've got about a quarter to a third of what you've got... blush

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022
    edited June 15

Torquinox said:

@perttia it's probably rude to ask. I can't help it. Please don't be offended. I'm curious. You buy a lot of stuff - vast quantities, from what I can tell. Are you actually using and/or rendering it? Because I try to use all I've bought and it's overwhelming. And I've got about a quarter to a third of what you've got... blush

I wouldn't be buying if I wasn't using them, but I don't like paying premium for things I "need right now", I rather pick up interesting/usable things when I can get them at 90-100% off and it doesn't mean the stuff I buy is ancient.
    Current cart has also some Genesis 9 hairs and clothing for less than $1.40 at 94% off, even though I prefer G8

Post edited by PerttiA on
    edited June 15

@Perttia Cool, thanks. Makes sense

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

....hmm the Titanic and an AVRO Vulcan Bomber, two British extremes for less than 10$.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    tsroemi said:

I can find something in both things actually - I think the more new items you buy, the more discount you should definitely get. But I also like the discount I get via the Welcome series. Without that, I wouldn't have bought anything for the whole last week I guess. So why not both? The sale certainly needs any kind of spicing up that it can get!

Unfortunately, best of both worlds probably doesn't work in this case. If a general maximum discount were targeted for a sale day, then each stacking discount would have to be reduced if two or more were active at the same time. Unless those discounts excluded one another - if the offer were buy a new release OR a migrated item to get a certain discount.

Alternating between new release discounts and 'Welcome' series discounts would also be problematic. Waiting for one's preferred style of discount could result in tokens expiring, featured artist discounts changing, etc.

I didn't end up buying even the small cart that I'd been considering this weekend. For the first time in a long time, I let a full set of tokens expire. There's over a dozen new and still new releases that interest me, and I have a healthy wishlist of older items, but mixing the sales has extinguished my desire to buy anything.

Sitting out a sale isn't a big deal, of course, but this one feels bad because it's the Daz+ sale, which one expects (or at least hopes) to be among the best sales of the year.
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

doubledeviant said:

tsroemi said:

Unfortunately, best of both worlds probably doesn't work in this case. If a general maximum discount were targeted for a sale day, then each stacking discount would have to be reduced if two or more were active at the same time. Unless those discounts excluded one another - if the offer were buy a new release OR a migrated item to get a certain discount.

Sitting out a sale isn't a big deal, of course, but this one feels bad because it's the Daz+ sale, which one expects (or at least hopes) to be among the best sales of the year.

I think that best sale is coming soon.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121
    edited June 17

SilverGirl said:

Torquinox said:

tsroemi said:

Balloons?

Here is a render of the balloons. I couldn't find any preset or pose to gather the ribbons into her hand. I had to do it myself and it was a giant pain and took me a long time. Under what circumstance would you use the balloon groups as they are delivered in the product, at different heights with the ribbons just dangling down? I'm curious how other people are using the balloons.

G9 Emmy with Balloons_002_Camera 1.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Under what circumstance would you use the balloon groups as they are delivered in the product, at different heights with the ribbons just dangling down? 

Maybe decorations at a school dance or a party or something?

(Disclaimer: I never went to school dances, prom included, but seems to me I've seen something like that in movies or on television somewhere...)

daveso said:

I think that best sale is coming soon.  

<Aragorn> "...but it is not. this. day!!!" </Aragorn> 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,121

SilverGirl said:

barbult said:

Under what circumstance would you use the balloon groups as they are delivered in the product, at different heights with the ribbons just dangling down? 

Maybe decorations at a school dance or a party or something?

(Disclaimer: I never went to school dances, prom included, but seems to me I've seen something like that in movies or on television somewhere...)

My issue with that is that if they are not tied down, wouldn't they all float up to the ceiling at the same height?