DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

Comments

• New (Daz 3d) day & banner says Booster Weekend/Daz+ Summer just got hotter." But...

it's the same discounts as for the last couple days and the same peoducts. Only the Doorbuster & New Releases have changed. Did I miss something?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,345

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Did I miss something?

I don't think so. And the second Daz+ item usually released each Friday is no where to see sad

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    Steven Character, Clothing and Hair Bundle in DFAD today - 89% off with no buy-in. One of the better deals of the sale thus far.
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

Elor said:

Did I miss something?

I don't think so. And the second Daz+ item usually released each Friday is no where to see sad

I was wondering the same two things. Maybe the person throwing out new daily sales titles and the one actually creating the sales page are not the same (and in a long-standing feud with each other that forbids them to talk on pain of death wink...).

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,937
    edited June 8

Elor said:

Did I miss something?

The Daz+ item released yesterday was this https://www.daz3d.com/nousu or am I misunderstanding something?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,345

frank0314 said:

The Daz+ item released yesterday was this https://www.daz3d.com/nousu or am I misunderstanding something?

Sooner this week, a new Daz+ item was released on Monday and Thuesday. My guess was that outside of the current Daz+ month sale, these two items would have been released both the same day, on Thuesday so I assumed that for the rest of the Daz+ month, Daz would do the same, releasing each member of the duo of new Daz+ items on different days (which is a nice to activate discounts for cheap).

Friday, when I saw only one new Daz+ item (the one you're speaking about), I assumed the second one would release today but it didn't.

Only guessing now, but:

• maybe Daz intended to release three Daz+ items this week, in this case, I'm disappointed, just a bit, not rolling on the floor crying that everyone is mean blush but everything is as intented.
    • maybe the fourth item will be released tomorrow so everything is fine.
    • maybe it was supposed to be released today and it didn't because the server was rolling on the floor crying that everyone is mean when it updated the whole store a couple of hours ago angel
  • Ghost_3738321Ghost_3738321 Posts: 103

I think "Booster" part reffers to 20% off with 2 buy-ins, and "hotness" part reffers to swimsuit and ocean rocks.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

Let's see what next week brings. So far, this sale is quite underwhelming. Not even getting decent LD offers.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 100,099

Elor said:

frank0314 said:

Sooner this week, a new Daz+ item was released on Monday and Thuesday. My guess was that outside of the current Daz+ month sale, these two items would have been released both the same day, on Thuesday so I assumed that for the rest of the Daz+ month, Daz would do the same, releasing each member of the duo of new Daz+ items on different days (which is a nice to activate discounts for cheap).

Friday, when I saw only one new Daz+ item (the one you're speaking about), I assumed the second one would release today but it didn't.

Only guessing now, but:

• maybe Daz intended to release three Daz+ items this week, in this case, I'm disappointed, just a bit, not rolling on the floor crying that everyone is mean blush but everything is as intented.
    • maybe the fourth item will be released tomorrow so everything is fine.
    • maybe it was supposed to be released today and it didn't because the server was rolling on the floor crying that everyone is mean when it updated the whole store a couple of hours ago angel

We've sent in a query on this.

• Oh, it was D+FAD I skipped over! Anyone see anything cool there?

@Torquinox, same here on LD. After that Tree Giant bundle it's been 100% Things I've Never Wanted genre. But still ahead with that set.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Oh, it was D+FAD I skipped over! Anyone see anything cool there?

@Torquinox, same here on LD. After that Tree Giant bundle it's been 100% Things I've Never Wanted genre. But still ahead with that set.

Yup. Everything I've been offered for the last couple weeks is stuff I would've passed up if it was free. 

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,965

doubledeviant said:

Steven Character, Clothing and Hair Bundle in DFAD today - 89% off with no buy-in. One of the better deals of the sale thus far.

Thanks for the heads up with this. With the Daz Deals Add-On not working, I didn't know it was on sale because I can't just click show wishlist only and I'm not scrolling through everything to look for stuff in my wishlist. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

After my DAZ+ expired a couple months ago, I decided to wait for this sale to decide if renewing it would be worth it. Or to get at least a season DAZ+. With none of my wishlisted items showing in the D+FAD up to today, I decided it wouldn't. And the rest wouldn't interest me at $ 4.99 each.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994
    edited June 9

Blando Calrissian said:

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
    They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
    And what's with all the carrots?
    What do they need such good eyesight for anyway??

...and some are ourtright killers.

https://youtu.be/pmu5sRIizdw

Post edited by kyoto kid on

...well was able to get the annual membership on Friday.  Unlike Monday and Tuesday the  Daz+ item was an architecture set that is far more useful. .With that the membership and 4 tokens it al lt came down to less than the price of a quarterly membership.  Good enough for me.

The one good thing during this sale is that new Daz+  items qualify as "Debut" and "Still New" items and usually they are something "useful".  Sad coming form the 1.99$ days to see prices upwards of 7$ or even 8$ (and occasionally over 10$) for a D+ item these days.

As to tokens I find the best number to use is 5 as that offers the same 25% discount they used to before the change.  Once past that it is diminishing returns for non DO products capping at only 30% instead of 40%.  Having been here for a number of years, I tend to lean more towards PA items these days as I have accumulated a lot of DOs already and bundles along with newer stuff (like G9 "people") are of little interest. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128

doubledeviant said:

Thanks for the heads up with this. With the Daz Deals Add-On not working, I didn't know it was on sale because I can't just click show wishlist only and I'm not scrolling through everything to look for stuff in my wishlist. 

Glad to help. :) Until Daz Deals is working again, you can try ordering your wishlist "Price Low-High" and scrolling to $4.99 - depending on your wishlist, it might be quicker than checking the DFAD pages.

Hoping to see the Frida and Martha bundles in DFAD sometime this month, too.
  • SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 224
    edited June 9

Hi, I saw that the Daz+ Annual Membership is supposed to be 60% off with "any Debut or Still New Release". Is this no longer the case? I thought the item (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-long-hair-for-genesis-9) I put in the cart with the membership would qualify. Did I get it wrong?

DAZ SALE-b.png
    1536 x 686 - 287K
    DAZ SALE.png
    1492 x 805 - 133K
    Post edited by SiennaBlue on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

SiennaBlue said:

Hi, I saw that the Daz+ Annual Membership is supposed to be 60% off with "any Debut or Still New Release". Is this no longer the case? I thought the item (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-long-hair-for-genesis-9) I put in the cart with the membership would qualify. Did I get it wrong?

The item must be on the Debut New or Still New list to trigger the discount. I don't see that item on either of the lists.

edited June 9

...if you  are currently have a Daz+ membership that is about to expire, for 3.91 USD if you purchase Nousu (an architectural environment) and use it as a "Still New" release for the discount  for a total; 31.90 USD. However hurry however as you only have only 40 min left before the end of the day.

You  can also use any tokens you have on this to lower the price further. 

Oh, good grief. lol  I just went looking for items with the "NEW" sign in the corner. blush  Thank you, PerttiA and kyoto kid for helping me out. laugh

...you're welcome, did you get it in time?

kyoto kid said:

...you're welcome, did you get it in time?

No, I didn't. I'll go see what's there now. Otherwise, I'll wait for the next time the membership goes on sale. I hear DAZ has sales once in a while. cheekylaugh

..well there should be a new Daz+ item on Tuesday and it's also double token day.

kyoto kid said:

..well there should be a new Daz+ item on Tuesday and it's also double token day.

...it *is* a little sad when during the supposedly awesome summer sale, the biggest thing we're looking forward to is the usual stuff. 

But Saturday will be halfway through the month, and I traditionally have better luck in the second half. (Though I'm gonna be a little ticked if they do a Father's Day sale since they ignored Mother's Day... but I might buy myself something anyway -- if I have to be both parents, I'm going to celebrate myself twice.)

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,586

Why is everyone seeing such low prices on getting Daz+, when I look at it the price is $70, where others are seeing prices at $22 or $17 for the annual.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

Faeryl Womyn said:

Why is everyone seeing such low prices on getting Daz+, when I look at it the price is $70, where others are seeing prices at $22 or $17 for the annual.

If you buy a new or still new release, you get 60% off the subscription. Buy 2 debut new/still new releases, get 20% off your cart, and throw some tokens in (if you have tokens) - price drops a lot.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,586

Thank you, now to see if that still holds true come Friday

kyoto kid said:

More mud houses, an extra 20% off if you buy skimpwear for dudes, nothing on the "wow isn't this a great deal" pages I can use, and nothing on my wishlist down to acceptable parameters. Was hoping for a flash sale at Daz noon, but nope.

Looks like another double token day passes me by and I keep my fingers crossed for the weekend.

edited June 12

...I  can always make use of architecture. Clothing, yeah, that's another story as it depends on the style and which Genesis figure it's for.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,837

If it wasn't for all the Rendo products transferred here, I wouldn't have really purchased anything this whole sale. Luckily I do like many of the imports, all the women's fashion... If only I had all the clothes and shoes/boots my characters do! Maybe I could afford them if I spent less here lol.