DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

Comments

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

its difficult to say the least. My cutoff used to be 70% off, but now, with prices so much higher, I need a larger discount to even consider buying something. Today actually seems to be a bit better to me, but the DAZ+ stuff robots are bots I already passed on. I have a couple WL items in cart right now at 81% off using my PA DAZ+ coupon. Might go for that. No rush, we have all day. 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

Well they did add "extra 30% off‡" to Featured Artists today.... wish that was there yesterday.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

Tomhip said:

Well they did add "extra 30% off‡" to Featured Artists today.... wish that was there yesterday.

Yeah, that's something at least... though useless if there aren't any new releases you want. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342

I bought so much stuff at this sale last year and have a gift card balance. I just need an excuse.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

paulawp (marahzen) said:

I bought so much stuff at this sale last year and have a gift card balance. I just need an excuse.

Save your credit. Im guessing the sale will get better in the second half. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

Charlie Judge said:

Save your credit. Im guessing the sale will get better in the second half. 

I hope you're right. We shall see 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,837

This doesn't feel like the Daz+ sale at all. All the doorbusters are old and I already have them. No $1.99 Daz+ for a day. Not even old Daz+ items you can bundle for around 30 cents each. Weirdest "sale" ever. The sale used to be exciting and I'd purchase daily. Now it's boring with no great deals and my tokens from Monday will expire soon but I'm not interested in anything and the supposed sale prices are higher than normal regular sale prices. Big yawn. 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 457

The buy-ins to get the extra discounts are really annoying. I also rember actually spending a lot more than I thought I would last year due to how good the sales were. So far this year nothing has enticed me and I haven't spent a single dime.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,064

@Wonderland, I have been having the same experience but I think it is due to having been through so many of these DAZ/PC+ sales that I scooped up all the products I had any interest in. Even though I joined after Iray, I have a large library of Poser/3Delight products which are still wonderful and useful.

I am saving my gift card money for a number of products that are in the que now. I am picking up a few pieces in the meantime. And letting tokens die if I don't see anything I need or get that little curl of joy over.

But for new folks, I feel sorry they will not get those great deals we had so they could collect the V4/M4 1930s or the working man clothing for $1.99 or put ten in a bundle. There are some gems I bought in those old offerings.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,353

I agree this year's sale is having a "slow start" - by June 6th last year I had spent $81, this year so far nothing. That $81 included Victoria 8 Pro Bundle as a member's "Grab N'Go" offer for $4.99.

Actually I would have spent if the Membership offer had been working with Store Credit last weekend when I had my USC2 20% off and some tokens. I let the tokens lapse instead.

I'm hoping things get a little more exciting over the remaining weeks.

MelanieL said:

Actually I would have spent if the Membership offer had been working with Store Credit last weekend when I had my USC2 20% off and some tokens. I let the tokens lapse instead.

Yup, same. I kept hoping they'd have some sort of offer to make up for the fact that they couldn't get their site working as advertised in a timely fashion, but nada.  

I admit, I just started at the end of October, and hearing everyone go on about how good the deals used to be has me wistful. Hoping it lives up to them later in the month. I'm still in the "building my library" phase, my wishlist is huge, and I can't find any deals that are worth it.

• ValiskaValiska Posts: 80

memcneil70 said:

But for new folks, I feel sorry they will not get those great deals we had so they could collect the V4/M4 1930s or the working man clothing for $1.99 or put ten in a bundle. There are some gems I bought in those old offerings.

I bought a lot of plants, when Lisa's Botanicals was here, and a lot of early fantasy and science fiction sets and costumes at the old bargain prices. (What a yesterday is written on the pages! Some of that old texturing work is wonderful and the new AI enlarging algorithms can bring it up to higher resolutions for modern rendering). But I hadn't yet acquired all old 20th century items I otherwise would have bought.

I haven't bought anything much this month, because

• between the price rises,
    • the lack of working search and obviously desireable exclusion and ordering functions in the website (you can't even successfully display low to high at the current price!), 
    • the recent lack of the ability to use Daz Deals to make up for the website's defects without a subscription since Daz rejected them as an affiliate,
    • and the sales that aren't reflected in posted prices, making the wishlist far less useful,

it is ceasing to be worth my time to come through the same batches of items again and again and again to see if they're in the sale.

If I drop Daz+ instead of renewing at the end of August, I'll miss the freebies, which have included a lot of MartinJFrost plants lately, which I like. But I could buy some plants outright and save the large and increasing amounts of time it's taking to get any use out of the Daz+ benefits.

So I'll probably never get those Millennium 3 and Millennium 4 items now, because I'll mostly wander away in the autumn instead.

• Ghost_3738321Ghost_3738321 Posts: 103

Since couple of people mentioned it - it's not that the prices are higher, the prices are adjusted for tokens. With max amount of tokens you can still reach the pre-token prices. Tokens are essentially another buy-in.

• ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 398

I'm so glad I let my 15 tokens expire yesterday. Even with tokens, I was looking at 90% off very old items that have doubled or tripled in value since Instarted my library (a little over 20 months ago). I used to pick up similar items for 97% off without tokens, and that's off a far lower store price.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

Maybe the new flash sale is an indication of someone seeing the light, the stacking discounts are still not good enough to collect an $80 cart to use 8 tokens on, but it's a small step in the right direction.

PerttiA said:

Maybe the new flash sale is an indication of someone seeing the light, the stacking discounts are still not good enough to collect an $80 cart to use 8 tokens on, but it's a small step in the right direction.

Maybe... fingers crossed.

I wonder how far in advance they plan these things? 

Why are all the door busters old items? I already own them all. There is literally no incentive to buy anything. Looking forward to this sale ending so regular sales are back lol. 

• Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
    They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
    And what's with all the carrots?
    What do they need such good eyesight for anyway??

edited June 7

Okay, it looks like a day to make a purchase.

Even with the bunnies and six other new/recent releases in the cart = 47 items for $83.42 at 91% off (using 8 tokens)

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

Okay, it looks like a day to make a purchase.

Even with the bunnies and six other new/recent releases in the cart = 47 items for $83.42 at 91% off (using 8 tokens)

The 20% off the cart applies to gift cards too smiley 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

Blando Calrissian said:

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
    They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
    And what's with all the carrots?
    What do they need such good eyesight for anyway??

heart Ah, Anya ....! I miss the crazy old girl! 

Alessandro saves the sale laugh

tsroemi said:

Yeah, in addition to the bunny bundle, ten older AM animals found their nest in my cartsmiley

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

Yeah, in addition to the bunny bundle, ten older AM animals found their nest in my cartsmiley

yes

I've almost none left that I haven't got yet, am saving the platypus for a special occasion ;-) They're just all so amazing, even if I'll never really need many of them for anything, I love to render them just for fun and see the incredible realness slowly unfold (sounds weirder than I thought it would blush) ... 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

Looks like they Added Tabitha 9 to Still New category, which with tokens/coupon makes the Pro bundle go below $20.

The bunnies are here! An extra 20% is here!

...and all my tokens from my US2 purchase expired yesterday.

Pardon me while I go beat my head against a wall.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252

I've no interest in Tabitha or bunnies. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,342

SilverGirl said:

The bunnies are here! An extra 20% is here!

...and all my tokens from my US2 purchase expired yesterday.

Pardon me while I go beat my head against a wall.

Yep, I have one token left, because I haven't bought anything in days. I actually do want the rabbits, but I need to scramble together a better deal.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

I have all the interest in the bunnies.

Well I had 6 tokens from Monday expiring today and managed to put together a decent cart finally. This still does not feel like a Daz+ sale though, more like a PA sale.