DAZ+ summer sale--started. Same as everyday

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,022

tsroemi said:

Ooooooh I'm so bored, this sale keeps dragging on and on ... No multiple banners for combinations, no BYOB, not even fun flash sales every once in a while ... And most stuff in my WL ist basically at normal price. What's the sense in all this?  I don't think I've had any worse offers this year than during this poor, poor zombie of a summer sale. And they keep stubbornly at it, don't change a thing ....

Seriously, I wish it was just over already, I've gotten more fun out of playing in the store during every day sales than this June. Sorry DAZ team, but there it is ...

With a debut new or still new item in the cart, one can pick up DO items in the Artist Stores for up to 93% off even without tokens. 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 790

tsroemi said:

Ooooooh I'm so bored, this sale keeps dragging on and on ... No multiple banners for combinations, no BYOB, not even fun flash sales every once in a while ... And most stuff in my WL ist basically at normal price. What's the sense in all this?  I don't think I've had any worse offers this year than during this poor, poor zombie of a summer sale. And they keep stubbornly at it, don't change a thing ....

Seriously, I wish it was just over already, I've gotten more fun out of playing in the store during every day sales than this June. Sorry DAZ team, but there it is ...

I was just having this thought. I actually groaned when I saw the headline for today's sale... because the wishlist sale wasn't pointless enough for ONE day...! 

I imagine someone somewhere must be getting good deals out of it, but for me every day has been second verse, same as the first...

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

@PerttiA, thanks for the hint, and also for the good vibes you keep spreading, but I just don't want any random DOs, you see. My library is exploding with DO stuff I bought only because it was cheap, and I couldn't get a good discount on what I actually wanted. By contrast, I have quite a few things in my WL that I would really like to have and that I could absolutely use, and that I would like very much to get at a good price. But all this sale does is try to force me to buy new things that usually don't appeal to me, in order to get discounts for things I also don't want. You see what I mean?

I have all the 'I could use this one day' stuff I could ever, ever need. And even if it's dirt cheap, and even if I had unlimited storage: The costs still add up. One doesn't notice it at first, but they do, and suddenly I find that I've spend 300 bucks in a month on items I don't want or need, and THEN the things go on sale that I was waiting for, and I have to splurge even more. That's a very good tactic for DAZ, but not for buyers. And that's why I'm unhappy.

I think @SilverGirl feels about the same. Yes, you can always find SOMETHING cheap to buy. But that's just not the point for everyone, you know.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,128
    PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

Ooooooh I'm so bored, this sale keeps dragging on and on ...

With a debut new or still new item in the cart, one can pick up DO items in the Artist Stores for up to 93% off even without tokens. 

That might be interesting for G8 or G9, maybe G3 depending on the selection, but what's available is much older. And, imo, it's too late anyway - Daz failed to make interesting offers on double tokens days, sabotaging whatever bundle releases this week and any catch-up sale this weekend.

"Wishlist sale continues" - I mean, the Daz+ sale gimmick that offers nothing to Daz+ members continues? This needs an extension when the catch-up sale wasn't extended on Monday - which might have actually been somewhat useful? I can only shake my head and get on with my day.
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 356

I guess by "Wishlist sale continues", Daz means that we continue to wish for a better sale :D?

tsroemi said:

@PerttiA, thanks for the hint, and also for the good vibes you keep spreading, but I just don't want any random DOs, you see. My library is exploding with DO stuff I bought only because it was cheap, and I couldn't get a good discount on what I actually wanted. By contrast, I have quite a few things in my WL that I would really like to have and that I could absolutely use, and that I would like very much to get at a good price. But all this sale does is try to force me to buy new things that usually don't appeal to me, in order to get discounts for things I also don't want. You see what I mean?

I have all the 'I could use this one day' stuff I could ever, ever need. And even if it's dirt cheap, and even if I had unlimited storage: The costs still add up. One doesn't notice it at first, but they do, and suddenly I find that I've spend 300 bucks in a month on items I don't want or need, and THEN the things go on sale that I was waiting for, and I have to splurge even more. That's a very good tactic for DAZ, but not for buyers. And that's why I'm unhappy.

I think @SilverGirl feels about the same. Yes, you can always find SOMETHING cheap to buy. But that's just not the point for everyone, you know.

Very much feeling the same. My WL is at almost 1K items... and granted, a lot of them I have no *immediate* use for and only tossed them in in case they get dirt cheap, or I go "oh crap, yeah, now I need the thing, wonder if I can find it again." Or hey, if there's another freebie thing like last December, I'd rather be offered that than some random V4 skimpie armor or yet another texture for a base item I would never buy.

But even putting aside all that stuff, and the stuff I want that's stubbornly staying full price, in order to knock any of the somewhat discounted stuff I do want down to prices I often see in other sales, I have to shell out for something else I have no need for. Most times, I'd actually be spending more. When I'm paying less, it's negligible. Believe me, I've tried desperately to get some sort of cart assembled that I felt even vaguely accomplished about pulling the trigger on, and... nada. And knowing whatever tokens I get are likely to expire before they make something else a good enough deal to use them is a turn-off, too.

Maybe this weekend things will rev up for me, or there will be a lovely bang for the 4th of July. But so far we're past the halfway mark, and usually at least SOMETHING looks good to me by now on a normal month, let alone one that's supposed to be a super-awesome-fantastic month, and it's just not happening. And yeah, for all the hype, I'm disappointed.

• emanuela1emanuela1 Posts: 588

ITomhip said:

I guess by "Wishlist sale continues", Daz means that we continue to wish for a better sale :D?

I agree!wink 

• Since joining Daz I have LOVED waking up to the new offers every day and seeing what baskets I can put together, however these last few months have been really hit and miss. Some huge highs, but mainly a lot of lows as things have definitely changed around here. Checking this current sale every day only to be disappointed (regular non-sale days have provided better offers), it's making me feel like I'm checking the social media of a friend who doesn't want to speak to me anymore :'( I think it was only the beginning of May but it feels sooo long ago now when we had those incredible stacking opportunities during the release of the Ankylosaurus bundle. We're not even getting any flash sales / additional banners appearing later in the day any more (and definitely no orange banners which are dependent on if I'm spending). If it's Daz's plan to scale back on the great sales we've gotten used to, it's been scaled back too far too quickly. But let's see. There's still time to make the June sales memorable for the right reasons! :D

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,252
    edited June 19

Maybe it's a strategy to force us to expect less, kinda like what happened at Rendo. Maybe there is method to the madness. Then again, I very rarely spend money at Rendo these days. I suppose if the strategy is sufficiently successful, I can stop spending money here, too.

Post edited by Torquinox on

No getting around it: This sale has been a huge disappointment and I doubt it will get any better. Doesn't seem like Daz marketing wants to do anything that would make it better.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,352
    edited June 19

tsroemi said:

I assume the marketing team keep a close eyes on sales figures, so it must be working or they would have changed it by now. A number of us may find it a bit uninspiring, but if sales are good it would imply that the majority of the customer base (particularly non-forumites) are happy.

I am perplexed by them continuing this near useless wishlist promotion though. It is only of benefit to non-DAZ+ customers, and I suspect most of them would not have a lot of DAZ+ stuff in their wishlists anyway. Still, I have no access to the sale numbers, so it may have been so successful they decided to run it another day, very odd.

Post edited by Havos on

Havos said:

I assume the marketing team keep a close eyes on sales figures, so it must be working or they would have changed it by now.

Would they have? I've wondered more than once how far out they plan these things. If they mapped and committed to the whole month in advance, it might just be like that scene where we meet Jack Sparrow as he's sailing his sinking ship into the harbor as if nothing is amiss...

• SilverGirl said:

tsroemi said:

I was just having this thought. I actually groaned when I saw the headline for today's sale... because the wishlist sale wasn't pointless enough for ONE day...! 

I imagine someone somewhere must be getting good deals out of it, but for me every day has been second verse, same as the first...

I agree with both of you. The Continues banner character's sour, side eye expression perfectly captures my attitude toward this sale. In fact, I have bought exactly one thing that wasn't a freebie, D+ or biweekly, https://www.daz3d.com/the-castle-ruin. Technically, that was also a freebie, since it was discounted to just under $6 & "paid for" with my DO coupon. So glad I only spent $12 on a quarterly membership (used a 50% off code).

And please don't bother, anyone, to point out that I could get a yearly membership for just $7+ more (including cost of a D+ I don't want/need) than the full $24 quarterly price. 1. I know that & 2. This kind of bad sale is why I didn't want to risk being stuck for a year

@silvergirl good point! No way to know for sure.

Because folx might not be following it in the other thread - the D+ WL code now stacks, bringing many (though not all) items down below recent best shown by the daz dealz add-on, even with no additional tokens or whatnot.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I've got 102 items in my wishlist and up today none of them showed in the D+fad sale, even many are older products. So going DAZ+ again isn't still no option for me. Maybe for the next D+fad dale in autumn...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914

what kind of sucks, if you buy quite a bit here, the DAZ+ membership really does help, especially with pricing as it is now, too high. 

The sale itself has not been the best Daz+ sale. Yet, with Lightning Deals, Daz+ coupons, and the survey credit... It's been pretty good!

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

daveso said:

what kind of sucks, if you buy quite a bit here, the DAZ+ membership really does help, especially with pricing as it is now, too high. 

luckily with DAZ going all in on G9 the amount of shopping I do here has declined very much.

daveso said:

I've seen the prices and sales strategies at other sites. I've also bought from those sites. With patience, Daz is still the best deal. Release-day items are often more expensive and a few select items remain expensive most of the time. Yet, it seems most anything can be had for a bargain price at one time or another. I've been amazed on many occasions!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,994

maikdecker said:

daveso said:

luckily with DAZ going all in on G9 the amount of shopping I do here has declined very much.

...the only G9 characters I've bought or are interested in so far are those by RawArt and Oso3D.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,727

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

I've seen the prices and sales strategies at other sites. I've also bought from those sites. With patience, Daz is still the best deal. Release-day items are often more expensive and a few select items remain expensive most of the time. Yet, it seems most anything can be had for a bargain price at one time or another. I've been amazed on many occasions!

Yes, it's true. And no other place ever bothered to make their sales half as much fun as DAZ used to do. I still miss it, though, and I don't like the overly pushy new tactics. But you're very right, nevertheless. 

edited June 23

kyoto kid said:

...the only G9 characters I've bought or are interested in so far are those by RawArt and Oso3D.

I finally deliberately bought a G9 outfit with a body morph and accessories that I will happily put to use:

https://www.daz3d.com/dragonhide-pcs-for-genesis-9-bundle

It's pretty awesome. cool I do intend to scale it up some and put some sort of sensors or a cockpit in the head. Sensors might be easier to kitbash. Any of it may require some fabrication. In the meantime, I'll opaque the glass. wink

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 144

Not sure if I'm missing anything but the deal today seems a bit meh

"MANIC-MONDAY

It's hard to find stuff i've got wishlisted, but from what I can tell it doesn't really seem anything in that list works well with a 60% compared to any other random offer normally?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,345

theflarf said:

"MANIC-MONDAY

It's hard to find stuff i've got wishlisted, but from what I can tell it doesn't really seem anything in that list works well with a 60% compared to any other random offer normally?

On its own, it nice, but used with some of the other discounts active today, it's better:

• the discount on two bundles (one from each selection) due to the release of Lianna 9 (buying a new Lianna 9 release is required): https://www.daz3d.com/introducing-lianna-9
    • the 20% discount on your cart when you are buying two new releases (Lianna 9 new releases do count).

Among the Fan-Tastic Daz Original Bundles, adding anything older than the Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 (including the Street Punk Bundle for Genesis 9 itself) in your cart with any Lianna's new release will give you a 91 % discount on the bundle.

I think all the Mystical Daz Original Bundles are eligible and having one of them with any Lianna's new release will give you a 95 % discount on the bundle.

If you are buying another new release, the Fan-Tastic Daz Original Bundle will get a 93% discount and Mystical Daz Original Bundle will get a 96% one.

I don't know if the MANIC-MONDAY coupon can be used multiple times, but with it, you can get one Fan-Tastic Daz Original Bundle and one Mystical Daz Original Bundle heavily discounted if you're buying them with one Lianna's new item and another new item.

https://www.daz3d.com/pt-modern-apartment-props counts as a New Lianna 9 item (too bad in a way that I already bought it).

theflarf said:

"MANIC-MONDAY

DO items seem to get 86% off without using tokens = If I were to build a $40 cart to earn 8 tokens, I could use 8 tokens to get them down to 92% off but with a debut new or still new in the cart, one gets better discount in Artist Stores.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

Does anybody know for sure whether or not the MANIC-MONDAY coupon can be used more than once? Thanks.

Charlie Judge said:

Does anybody know for sure whether or not the MANIC-MONDAY coupon can be used more than once? Thanks.

I'm just guessing as it isn't attractive enough, but it doesn't say it's one use only and with the 3 or 5 item limits per cart, it's even less attractive = I would say it's multiple-use, trying to attract people to buy multiple small carts (not earning too many tokens).

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,675

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

I'm just guessing as it isn't attractive enough, but it doesn't say it's one use only and with the 3 or 5 item limits per cart, it's even less attractive = I would say it's multiple-use, trying to attract people to buy multiple small carts (not earning too many tokens).

Thanks; but I was hoping somebody had already used it and would try it a second time to see if it really could be used more than once.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,914
    edited June 24

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Thanks; but I was hoping somebody had already used it and would try it a second time to see if it really could be used more than once.

60-65% off is too low for me anymore. Combines with another 60% off not too bad... I'll have to check into it more though, slthough the highest discount in that slection is 30% off. 

Post edited by daveso on